[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ozai did nothing wrong.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: Ozai.png (101KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
Ozai.png
101KB, 333x250px
Ozai did nothing wrong.
>>
>>90667359
>hurr genocide an entire continent for nothing but ego
>nothing wrong
>>
>>90667374
>persistent rebellion despite losing all cities already
>>
>Burn the Earth Kingdom's vast swaths of fertile land
>not settling it, colonizing it, and enslaving the populace

What a shitty evil emperor. Can't even subjugate right.
>>
>>90667408
Genociding a continent is very dumb, you are losing so much potential manpower, besides be nice to your subjects and eventually the conquest stockholm symdrome would set in.

Also just imagine how much oxygen the avatar world would lose if that idiot burned every forest in the Earth Kingdom.
>>
>>90667359
The fire nation were idiots. The Earth kingdom had already proven that there is a bunch of them all ready to collaborate. The Dai Li joined up for no real reason other then Azula scary. The comics also had Earth venders living as citizens in the colonies. The political organisation is trash. Ba Sing Se has zero control outside the walls. The cities fight the fire nation seperatly. There was no need to resort to genocide.

The Fire nation should have got other benders on their side. Recruit Air benders who don't like the monastic lifestyle. Use the Water benders in industry instead of just leaving them in cages. Play the Earth kingdom cities against each other. Conquered territory benders should be taken as Jannisarries to be raised in the fire nation.

Also don't burn shit for the lols. Your colonies could use those materials.
>>
God knows what would have happened had Ozai been the one who invaded Ba Sing Se, while Iroh stayed at home and took care of his family. Ozai probably would have been too stupid to realize he was losing more soldiers than he could take in occupying the city, and got his ass imprisoned and becoming a hostage the Earth Kingdom could use for bartering.
>>
>>90667359
He lost.
>>
>>90667359
You may be surprised to learn that there's a "fanfic" (not really a fanfic) out there that not only supports this view, but makes such a strong case for it it's actually shocking.
>>
>>90667614
>The Fire nation should have got other benders on their side.
it's like saying Hitler should've gotten other nations on his side.
>>
>>90667762
TLoK?
>>
>>90667762
Link
>>
>>90667788
>>90667797
I think he means The Search, which shows that Ozai only ever hated Zuko as a response to Ursa trying to intentionally piss him off. Ursa kept contact with an old flame from her home village after becoming Ozai's wick-dip, and she slipped into one letter that she believes Zuko was (her old flame)'s kid, in order to see if Ozai was spying on her letters (he was). So basically, Zuko's entire problems were caused by his mom intentionally trying to make Ozai mad.
>>
>>90667784
Jews don't have unique magic powers. Even then genocide is a dumb move that wastes resources for no gain and is morally disgusting.

Earth benders can easily build walls, carve out roads, dig canals and find veins of minerals. While water benders can clean waterways, move ships, aid in factory work and make agricultural more efficient. Air benders could provide constant adjustable thrust for land sailers or regular sailing ships. Plus pumping in air for metal working. Or for flying. That is just some of the economic uses.
>>
>>90667930
>Jews don't have unique magic powers
>>
>>90667359
I still find him a generic villain in hindsight, Azula I wish upsurped him in the end.
>>
>>90667788
>>90667897
Well meme'd anons, I genuinely kek'd... but that's not what I meant.
>>90667762
>>90667797
You ask, anon, I deliver... but be warned, it may change your view of the show FOREVER: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7027181/1/What-SHOULD-have-Happened-in-AtLA
(Note: The stuff I'm referring to here is at the very end, but I strongly suggest reading it all.)
>>
>give a large army to Zhao, despite his questionable military record and instability
>waste considerable resources on a drill that failed to penetrate Ba Sing Se walls, when he could've easily manipulated the Dai Li to bring it down like Azula did
>banish son who could be used for breeding future heirs in favor of crazy daughter who would ruin any potential arranged marriage
>planned to burn an entire continent worth of fertile land that could've been used for Fire Nation production and farming
>>
>>90668089
>planned to burn an entire continent worth of fertile land that could've been used for Fire Nation production and farming
desu this one isn't that bad as forest fires generally mean better quality soil the year after
>>
>>90668077
This kind of shit makes me happy about colonies suddenly killing and raping all the Europeans.
>>
>>90668077
>wanted to bring down the Avatar because he believed that revolutions in technology and science happened because his absence meant that people had to develop other means to ensure their own well-being, but now that the Avatar's back, people don't have to worry about progress anymore

Feels a little too much like Zaheer's plan to me, but I do wish they gave Ozai more of a personality besides "BURN THE EARTHERS, PHOENIX KING NOW!" I was hoping The Search would make him seem like an actual person, but all it did was make both him and Ursa look like such complete twats.
>>
>>90668587
>but now that the Avatar's back, people don't have to worry about progress anymore

The Avatar World had the biggest development in technology AFTER the Avatar came back.
>>
>commits genocide against the airbenders
>it actually works
>not a single airbender is left
>fire nation decides not to populate the 4 now empty air territories
>they could have had 4 new colonies, spread around the world, surrounding the Earth Kingdom continent in a ring
>they don't feel like it I guess
>???

Also, seeing as Airbenders can, y'know, fly, it makes no sense in the slightest that Aang was the ONLY Airbender left.

Not one Airbender flew away? Not one Airbender happened to be living a peaceful life in the Earth Kingdom, away from where all the genocides were happening?
>>
>>90668679
Yeah, but that's Korra. It was less the writers thinking up an interesting correlation between spiritual messiahs and technological progress, and more them thinking it would be cool to see robots.

Unless you mean the shit with Teo's dad and the drill, but that would have meant they thought up and produced the machines within mere months after Aang woke up.
>>
>>90668927
The comics tried to handwave this by saying Sozin hunted down the few remaining ones.
I won't spoil exactly how, but suffice it to say that it's not just the post-ATLA comics that suck.
>>
>>90668971
There were more people creating tech after Ozai was defeated. You can see this in the comics.
>>
>>90669025
You just reminded me of Sozin's brilliant idea to hunt all the dragons. Valuable steeds who could probably burn Earthbenders alive, but Sozin was like "No, we'll kill them all for sport. It'll be fun!"
>>
>>90669230
One of the MANY reasons I hated that ep.
Yet most of the fanbase seems to love it.
Go figure.
>>
>>90667359
he's a pretty weak leader, when you think about it. he didn't really contribute anything to the war as whole before the avatar showed up (and nothing afterwards really, aside from almost killing Aang). his popularity pretty much entirely based off of riding out all the built up victories from Sozin and Azulon, and also literally just being the guy in the chair near the war's end. if Aang hadn't woken up, he probably could have kicked back on Ember Island and let his more competent military commanders drive the war to its natural conclusion.

compounding on that, he can't control his psychopathy enough to be an effective leader. his one attempted contribution to the war effort is to crown himself king of the entire world, then burn the whole earth kingdom down (which, we're going to just assume that he can do that from a logistical perspective). he burns and disowns one of his children, leaving the throne to someone who (as shown in the show) would pretty much become a Caligula/Nero.

he also didn't seem too interested in re-marrying and create more offspring, just in case the one heir he has left suddenly dies or something.

all in all, he's great at firebending, but pretty terrible at everything else. pretty much all he did in his actual capacity as Fire Lord is wear the robes, while his more competent subordinates (Azula, Zhao) did the work for him.
>>
>>90671150
Before The Search, I got the idea that he genuinely loved Ursa, and that's what stopped him from killing her or remarrying.
>>
>>90668150

NOT IF YOU BURN AN ENTIRE CONTINENT WORTH OF FOREST.

It's already established that Avatar has a smaller globe than real life, if they burned down half the forests in the world there's going to be way too many problems to live.

>>90669230
>>90670926

Can we just agree that the Fire Lords were essentially populist tyrants?

>We're extremely rich, and could probably buy land for multicultural colonies to earn political favor
>Fuck it, let's invade
>Kill the dragons, they don't deserve to live, we'll use it as sport to encourage violence and war
>Firebending draws energy from the sun and life? HA, fuck that hippy bullshit, it now comes from rage and being mentally ill.
>You know the waterbending kingdoms? Let's just chuck troops at them until they die, instead of sneaking in first with an advance guard to have zero casualties.
>You know those nomads we slaughtered to prevent an avatar existing, even though he'd merely then exist in another enemy territory? Let's teach kids about them and say they had a military, instead of simply not talking about it Armenian/Bosnian style
>Well son, you made an excellent tactical and moral point about us not betraying our soldiers because the generals were too high to do any tactical thinking.
>However, you also made one of them feel bad, so I'm going to have to burn you, kick the shit out of you, and banish you. You can come back if you capture a myth who may or may not exist.
>>
Seriously, what was an instance of Ozai being smart, or at least providing some kind of plan that wasn't stupid and ultimately self-defeating? The only thing he seemed to do right was letting his daughter in on leading some battles.
>>
>>90672121
>>90671926
I'm guessing that was part of the point. Sozin was a shithead who thought subjugation of the other nations was within his rights. Azulon kept militant conquering going for the better half of a century with his firstborn's help (until poor Iroh wised up) and then a third generation dictator (who forced his own wife to commit regicide instead of getting his own hands dirty) got the crown, and he clearly didn't give a fuck beyond "bigger army and more ass-kicking." I haven't read all the comics or seen enough of Korra, but I'm willing to bet Ozai was the armchairiest general of generals and let others do the tactical thinking for him.

The conquering/imperialist Fire Nation was found on acts of betrayal and domination; they changed history by re-writing the books and propaganda and invading the shit out of everybody. It's not a hard stretch to imagine Ozai was the way he was because he was at the center of it all.
>>
>>90672633
So he's like Kim Jong-Un?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.