[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how would he fit in the MCU? do they even have rights for him

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 544922aaa10a9.jpg (96KB, 940x529px) Image search: [Google]
544922aaa10a9.jpg
96KB, 940x529px
how would he fit in the MCU?

do they even have rights for him
>>
Probably a Netflix show.

Though truthfully, they should do an Elsa Bloodstone film trilogy and bring all the monsters into the MCU.
>>
>>90630509
Like the short-lived Spike TV show?
>>
Does the MCU have the rights to Men in Black?
>>
He's not quippy enough. And apparently he's too magical for Netflix.
>>
>>90630461
he was the first property marvel studios made a movie of which jump started the mcu
>>
>>90630461
I like him more than black panther
>>
>>90630563
No, Sony has the rights and is trying to reboot it with a mixed gender cast. And they're flirting with a 21 Jump Street crossover too.

I think MIB is one of the few properties the MCU doesn't currently have that could fit in quite easily and actually allow some of the others through.

I also think that combining it with the GB franchise might be the best bet either of those franchises have as at a cinematic universe if that's something absolutely has to be done.
>>
>>90630671
But he's not in the MCU.
>>
>>90630585
Some motherfuckers always tryin to ice skate uphill.
>MCU
I want him to do the weird shit he does in the comics. Like "fighting an army of vampire hitler clones commanded by Deacon Frost in Antarctica" weird.

They have Ghost Rider on Agents of SHIT, I'm sure they could do something with Blade, GR and Doc Strange (probably actually Wong, because he's cheaper for TV than Cumberbatch) vs a pro-wrestling league that's juicing using werewolf blood instead of steroids.
>>
File: marvel-rights-3-1200x960.png (436KB, 1200x960px) Image search: [Google]
marvel-rights-3-1200x960.png
436KB, 1200x960px
>>90630461
>do they even have rights for him

That's...a good question. According to this they do.
>>
>>90630563
Not the film rights, but they own the comics.

>>90630671
The Blade movies were made by New Line, which was then a sister-studio to Warner Bros within the Time Warner family (and is now a banner at Warner Bros, because New Line fucked up and tried to claim the Lord of the Rings didn't make any money and so they didn't have to pay Peter Jackson or Gandalf any money - which is why the Hobbit movies took a decade to get made after LotR ended).

>>90633109
Ghostbusters and MiB are very different concepts. GB is the public and undeniable existence of the unexplained and the attempts of a small band of entrepreneurs to fight it (and make a quick buck), MiB is the secret and wholly denied existence of the unexplained and the attempts of a massive secret bureaucracy to control it.

TMNT, Short Circuit, or Galaxy Quest would be infinitely better partners for MiB in a suggested Cinematic Universe; Ghostbusters would be better partnered with Evolution, Honey, I Shrunk the Kids, or Explorers. But then you might as well just reboot the fucking Goonies and slap 'em in the middle of Monster Island.
>>
>>90635761

I believe Blade passed they 'If a movie isn't made in X years the property reverts to Marvel' deadline.
>>
>>90635761
That's updated? I thought they had Namor's rights back.
>>
Terribly.
MCU already filled their black male quota so no room for him anyway.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.