[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Characters who would've made better final bosses in Logan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 10

File: kimura.jpg (67KB, 564x844px) Image search: [Google]
kimura.jpg
67KB, 564x844px
ITT: Characters who would've made better final bosses in Logan
>>
Logan wasn't about comic book nods. It wasn't about "Ohhh, the adapted this part of the comics!"

Logan was about a bleak and tired farewell to Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart. The film worked because it wasn't trying to be like the comics.
>>
Lady Deathsrike maybe, and thats if you ignore X2.

She has connections with the Reavers, Logan, Weapon X, AND fought and lost to X-23.
>>
>>90629352
No reason why Deathstrike couldn't have been used in Logan considering Days of Future Past took X2 out of canon.
>>
>>90628848
Fantomex
>>
File: Drax.jpg (150KB, 700x1120px) Image search: [Google]
Drax.jpg
150KB, 700x1120px
>>90629165
>>
>>90628848
Sabretooth
>>
File: tumblr_moyk9wjuG51so0s3vo3_250.gif (695KB, 245x306px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_moyk9wjuG51so0s3vo3_250.gif
695KB, 245x306px
> Antje Traue will never play Kimura...
FML.
>>
>>90629165
That still doesn't change the fact that Kimura would have been a better antagonist than whoever that reaver was supposed to be. I mean, yeah, he a cheeky cunt sure, but he would have been better as Kimura.

Also Caliban should have been replaced with a version of Rachel Summers.
>>
File: le robot hand.jpg (49KB, 312x592px) Image search: [Google]
le robot hand.jpg
49KB, 312x592px
>>90631058
>whoever that reaver was supposed to be

He was supposed to be... Donald Pierce
>>
>>90629738
He's right. Logan is good as it is, pulling a Snyder would be retarded. Imagine if in The Dark Knight the Joker poisoned Gotham's fish and made them grin.
>>
>>90629889
she'll never play wonder woman either
>>
I'm still mad about X-24. What a shitty "final battle".

Look guys, it's poetic! Young Hugh fighting a Hugh who's retiring the character! Fuck off, it made for the blandest of villains.

They should have just made the regular crew less of a joke instead of adding roided up Hugh.
>>
>>90631180
Man, I knew that, I fucking knew that, it even said it on the card he handed Logan and I just could not for the life of me remember who he was.

I was very happy at that bit between Logan and Rice though, where he mentioned killing his dad, I just wish that Rice wasn't such a fucking pacifist.
>>
>>90629889
Well she's white so....
>>
>>90631180
>is supposed to be Donald Pierce, a Mutant-killing cyborg with extensive implants and can go toe-to-toe with Wolverine
>is a normal prick with a single prosthetic arm

why this
>>
>>90631451
It's not about young vs old though.

It's about the animal vs the man, the government weapon vs the free will, the Wolverine vs Logan.
>>
>>90629352
>>90629456
>have access to Mutant genes
>the government, via Stryker, already had access to Deathstrike
>Deathstrike was explicitly stronger and faster than Wolverine, and had more claws, and was only defeated by being pumped full of molten metal that becomes unbreakable when it cools
>they clone Wolverine instead
>>
File: Hamtaro.png (153KB, 900x1061px) Image search: [Google]
Hamtaro.png
153KB, 900x1061px
>>90628848
>>
File: Dennis_Hopeless.jpg (129KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
Dennis_Hopeless.jpg
129KB, 360x360px
>>
>>90628848
No, Kimura should be saved for an X-23 movie.
>>
File: donald-pierce-and-the-reavers.jpg (579KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
donald-pierce-and-the-reavers.jpg
579KB, 800x450px
Lady Deathstrike
>>
>>90631504
He never asked for them
>>
>>90629889
Good, she's Judge Hershey
>>
>>90631058
Again, both would have been obnoxious cause distracting TITS
>>
I was seriously half expecting him to be behind the whole program or even just him in disguise and he never fully reveals thats hes sinister.
>>
>>90637835
Naw, that movie needed some tits, the one lady they had was just forgettable. A female antagonist with the same attitude would have been a good balance.
>>
>>90638272
>being a tits guy

Laura was all I need for sex appeal.
>>
>>90638856
I'm not really into loli, but I did like her as the mute girl who screamed at people, that being said the movie needed an evil woman, unless they are saving Kimura for the X-23 movie they really missed out.
>>
>>90638219

i wonder if they'll be smart enough to use him trying to set up what we see in Logan as a plot device in later movies.

man i really wanna make "Logan is Days of Future Past and X-23 is Kitty/Rachel Summers" happen
>>
>>90628848
As Wolverine final bossu? Gotta be Sabertooth.

>>90638219
But this one would have been cool.

>>90638856
But anon that was a little girl!
>>
>>90628848
It really just needed an aged up x-23, if they had access to wolverine the whole time why bother with the shitty kids, x-23 was their most successful project they just didnt think the kids worked so an adult x-23 not only makes the most logical sense but would also give our x-23 a reason to calm down and not be a violent sociopath anymore
>>
>>90628848
And she's already a brown-skinned woman of unspecified race.

Considering they changed Laura's to be half-Mexican and had the lab be in Mexico and all that, why not just include Kimura as a Mexican lady?
>>
Kimura is a terrible villain, though.
>>
File: 187437-16417-sabretooth.jpg (88KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
187437-16417-sabretooth.jpg
88KB, 400x300px
ON hindsight, one would think that it should have been Sabretooth, and part of me stil lthinks that it should because I was always a fan of their rivalry.

Having said that, I dont think it would have worked since Sabretooth only appeared in 1(2) movie which is forgotten by both the fans and the producers, so having Sabretooth appear out of nowhere will only work as a 'nod' to the fans and Logan's origins from both the comics and the movies instead and would virtually add nothing to the overall plot since X-24 as a Logan clone worked on its own. Sabretooth would have been a literal manifestation of Wolverine's animal side, while X-24 served as a metaphorical one, Sabretooth would have been the wiser choice had they fleshed his character out, but since Logan is trying to be contained in one movie with little to no references from other movies, X-24 in the big picture worked.

If it was me though, I would have included Sabretooth in the movie, but not as a final villain, but more of a uncle figure to X-23, trying to save her from becoming like them.

Also, IMO, I would have loved it if X-24 was Daken too, and instead of a far weaker clone, he would have been an actual son of Logan from Mariko, which would give Rice the idea that its better if they have human mothers instead of being lab grown, this would give Logan a purpose to save X-23 from becoming a monster like Daken, and give him a reason to stick around and make sure that X-23 stays off that path, it wouldnt also be just a movie about farewell to hugh it would also be a movie about being a father
>>
File: Headshot-hd-images.jpg (28KB, 673x373px) Image search: [Google]
Headshot-hd-images.jpg
28KB, 673x373px
>>90629889
>Julie Estelle will never play Kimura
>>
>>90638856
die
>>
>>90631504
Because a comic book movie isn't about adapting elements of the comic it's based on.
>>
>>90628848
Now that i see that image, what happened to Choi? Did that Green Lantern issue he phoned in killed his career?
>>
>>90628848
>tfw I'll never lovingly massage the aches out of Kimura's adamantium-hard shoulders after she spent a long hard day beating the snot of of X-23.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.