[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adult Swim April Fools Day 2017

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Adult-swim-logo-sdcc-12.png (25KB, 600x274px) Image search: [Google]
Adult-swim-logo-sdcc-12.png
25KB, 600x274px
I know it's a few weeks away, but we're getting closer and closer to March 31st/April 1st which means we'll be seeing more and more speculation of what Adult Swim's April Fools prank will be.

After the disappointing nature of 2016's prank (or lack thereof, I should say) and the massive backlash it got from the fans, I'm pretty sure Adult Swim is not going to do a repeat of the same stunt from last year. They only did repeat pranks of The Room because the first one in 2009 was so popular and actually brought in high ratings on what would otherwise be a throwaway night.

In my opinion, nothing has topped the awesomeness of the 2012 prank when they brought back Toonami, but that was a special case of capturing lightning in a bottle.

So, what do you guys think Adult Swim will do for the prank this year? After last year, the bar's pretty low. Anything will go over better than the "the prank is that there is no prank" bullshit from 2016.

Personally, as long as we don't see ads for the April Fools prank ahead of time, we should be fine.

I'm really looking forward to 2018 when the prank is supposed to fall on Toonami night, but then again, since this year is the 20th Anniversary of Toonami, I could see a very slim chance of Adult Swim making a special exception to the "no anime on weekdays" rule they put in place in the case of an April Fools prank and do something Toonami related. It's highly unlikely, but vaguely within the realm of possibility.

So, what do you think the prank is going to be (assuming there is one) and what do you think would be cool ideas for the prank?
>>
>>90621357
Meguzi one night special
>>
>>90621357
regular programing
>>
>>90621370
That would actually be awesome and I would definitely watch it.
>>
>>90621370
God I hope.
>>
Oh damn. I thought this year April 1st was gonna fall on a Toonami airing. It would have been perfect, since this is also the 20th anniversary.
>>
>>90621381
They made that mistake last year. And technically the regular programming was their excuse of a prank, because they advertised the prank in the week leading up to April Fools day. As a rule, Adult Swim never advertises their pranks or even imply they are going to do one before they actually do it. That's why 2016's ads showcasing previous pranks were an obvious red flag in retrospect.

A lot of people were pissed by the disappointing nature of last year's prank and the April Fools prank has been an AS tradition for over a decade now. I doubt they're going to air regular programming on April Fools again.

But I've been wrong before and will probably be wrong again. If we see ads for an upcoming prank again, then it's pretty much a given that there will be regular programming and the prank tradition is pretty much dead.
>>
>>90621478
I know how you feel
>>
>>90621357
I don't care what it is as long as they actually do something
>>
>>90621399
dubs confirm
>>
>>90621357
What year did they do the farting gag? I have never laughed so hard in my life when that GitS cripple came down the stairs and a wet one ripped with every step his chair took.
>>
>>90623765
Gotta be close to 10 years, since April Fools only falls on anime night about once in every five.
>>
Rick and Morty season 3 premiere in the top right-hand corner of reruns of Home Movies. (Similar to how they premiered the ATHF movie on April Fools.)
>>
>>90621357
They play the series finales of all of their most popular anime.

>Inuyasha
>Yu Yu Hakusho
>Dragonball Z
>Outlaw Star
>Big O
>Rurouni Kenshin

It would be bitchin'.
>>
adult swim is still on?
>>
air Home Movies again or a fully fledged classic night with old bumpers
>>
>>90624681
That would be fucking great.
>>
>>90621370
google's giving me nothing
>>
File: download.png (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
9KB, 259x194px
>>90621357
Calling it now:
They're gonna air Cartoon Cartoon Fridays like they did with Toonami a few years back to test the waters and see if they should bring it back.
>>
>>90621381
i hope not
>>
>>90625165
yeah
>>
>>90629241
Cartoon planet on fridays failed, so can't see that coming back
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.