[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you go about making a new Zelda cartoon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 14

How would you go about making a new Zelda cartoon?
>>
Get that Dresden codak guy to draw it
>>
>>90616630
The Zelda cartoon we got was perfect, only edgy teenagers don't appreciate it, also Zelda was thicc.
>>
File: CQzzqtDWEAAHRJZ.png (87KB, 600x341px) Image search: [Google]
CQzzqtDWEAAHRJZ.png
87KB, 600x341px
>>90616630
Link never speaks, he communicates purely with gestures, expressions, body language, and various grunts, gasps, sighs, ect. He still has a distinct personality and relationships with other characters who speak, but he just seems to be mute. He's carried by the supporting cast and the animation itself.

The major supporting character to Link is Navi, though she'll be different from her role in the games in that she functions more as an actual character than a built-in tutorial. She speaks in a fairly normal voice, and is actually drawn as a fairy, much like the interpretation of her from Hero of Rhyme. Pic related. She's been assigned by the Queen of Fairies to aid Link on his quest for the Triforce. Mostly she acts as an interpreter due to Link's muteness, but this often leads to confusion and hilarity because she's not much better at understanding him than anyone else. She's also capable of some limited magic, which she herself is still figuring out. The two steadily become good friends.

As for tone and format, I'm thinking something like early seasons of Adventure Time: lighthearted, fun, and episodic. Basically just Link and Navi traveling around Hyrule and fighting weird monsters mixed with comedy. We steadily build up a supporting cast from these early episodes and then move on to a slight shift in tone toward more serious stuff involving the Triforce and Ganon.

I'd try not to lore too hard with this show, but still some is needed. I'd draw inspiration from many of the games, but not really stick to any one in particular for the story. Relationship garbage is straight out. Link is a strong independent boy-adventurer who don't need no woman. Or man. Except the Old Man who gave him that sword, that was pretty sweet.
>>
>>90616630
Blend all elements of the games together. So no one direct inspiration. Lets you use eveything.

I'd have Link live with his Uncle outside kokiri forest in the Ordona Province. Kind of do the New Thundercats thing were all the main players are brought together in the season opening. Some end of war anniversary dinner.

I'd have Agahnim as Season 1 Villain with Onox and Veran major minions.

Build Ganondorf up throughout season as a villainous protagonist. Trying to do his best for his people, slowing falling.
>>
Try not to make it a tv show version of an existing game and pretty much ignore the timeline. Make it its own thing. I think a mini series, 12 parts, 11 or 22 mins each would be best, with a very distict begining middle and end
>>
>>90616630
>How would you go about making a new Zelda cartoon?

post-BOTW episodic adventures of Link trying to rebuild Hyrule.
>>
>>90616630
Whatever you do, Link has to have brow hair and can't be an anime prettyboy.
>>
Each season covers a different game, though it'd probably have to stick with the more story-filled games like the 3D console games. 24 episodes a season. Two episodes for each dungeon with a few left over for sidequests and stuff. Each season done in a different animation style.
>>
File: Morshu cut out.png (28KB, 200x179px) Image search: [Google]
Morshu cut out.png
28KB, 200x179px
use the CDI characters
>>
>>90617146
I don't think a show could get away with a completely mute MC, honestly.

And Link has never been mute, so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>90618982
This.
>>
File: nintendo went there.jpg (90KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nintendo went there.jpg
90KB, 1280x720px
>>90616630
Will Link be crossdressing?
>>
An original story, and subtle.

Samurai Jack style of pacing.
>>
File: 5949686.png (151KB, 421x500px) Image search: [Google]
5949686.png
151KB, 421x500px
I feel like Majora's Mask, with the proper animation team, would make a nightmare-inducing, trippy animated series.

So much fucked up shit happens in that game.
>>
>>90617146
>Link never speaks
Oh, you're one of those idiots.
>>
>>90621398
Fuck off, faggot.
>>
>>90621405
>Samurai Jack style of pacing.
Maybe for a Metroid cartoon
>>
>>90624446
Man I was thinking that 12 years ago, and I still want it.

Genndy himself could make an awesome Metroid cartoon, and I'll never stop dreaming about one.
>>
>>90616630
I'd make it very edgy and badass, with Ben Drowned being the archenemy whose cool and original philosophy is that life is boring and it needs chaos, so he wrecks total badass chaos and Link tries to stop it like a boring dipshit he is. There'll also be a lot of gay fan art of them. And while children will idolize Link, when they grow up, they'll understand that Ben Drowned makes more fucking sense.
>>
File: 484584584.png (4KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
484584584.png
4KB, 160x160px
>>90624874
>>
>>90622375
It could be the Gravity Falls we always wanted, innocent and sweet looking with disturbing subtext.
>>
>>90625216
>When something really dark happens, there's a sudden change into a trippy animation style
>>
>>90624874
kek
>>
>>90616630

How about not ?
>>
>>90616630
Make it an anime instead.
>>
File: 1481694681074.jpg (40KB, 480x362px) Image search: [Google]
1481694681074.jpg
40KB, 480x362px
>>90619526
>and can't be an anime prettyboy.
Are you some kind of faggot?
>>
http://figmentforms.tumblr.com/tagged/a+tale+of+two+rulers/chrono

Kinda relevant
>>
>>90626636
>Ghirahim forced into the story even though lore-wise he shouldn't be there because MUH SEXY FEMININE BOY

Dropped.
>>
>>90621325
>>90622978
Not that anon but it could be true cartoon kino if it was executed right
>>
>>90616630
Ditch the hat.
>>
File: BotW hug.png (157KB, 400x316px) Image search: [Google]
BotW hug.png
157KB, 400x316px
>>90616630
link is a soft-spoken adventurer, doesnt get along with people very well, but has a good heart
zelda is the number two, and is the foil to link, she talks more, uses magic, is more involved with people, but still cares for everyone
there should large supporting cast, like his uncle, his fairy, etc
there should be a continuing plot about the master sword and ganon
>>
>>90626745
I just really hate the mute Link meme. Almost as much as the "LE LINK ONLY SPEAKS IN "HYA!" MAYMAY XD" one.
>>
Do it Jojo style, where each season/part is a different incarnation of link. Have the same plots from each game but built up the lore of every timeline.
>>
>>90619526
why's Dobson such a hypocrite?
>>
>>90627660
Because he's sincerely retarded.
>>
>>90627660
>Link had alternatives to dealing with the heat
>Samus didn't
That should've shut him up.
>>
>>90627352
Starting in release order then?

Zelda 1 for Part 1, Zelda 2 for Part 2, etc.
>>
>>90616630
Make this new Link a snarky talkative dick to trigger autists in a deliberate callback to the cartoon. "Excuse me, princess" will be said at least once.

Make the show a gradual Heroic Journey showing Link becoming the hero the land needs. In his quest for the master sword, Link never gets a permanent companion, but early in the season Zelda gets out of Ganon's clutches, becoming a semi-recurring character.

A lot of the early season follows the pattern of Link walking into a wacky subplot, being an arrogant dick, getting his ass kicked for it, learning a lesson, and kicking ass. Vaati serves as a recurring "rival" through the first season that consistently trounces Link. In the second half of S1, Link begins to grow. He starts taking things more slowly, most notably in one episode not even talking at all. The endgoal is to have Link become this Samurai Jack esque legendary heroic figure. Near the end of the season Vaati kidnapps Zelda. He kicks Link's ass yet again, but Link gets the strength to fight him again because DEEPEST LORE moment, and in an abdolutely brutal fight finally defeats Vaati. In the end, Zelda dissappears, leaving Link to wander and become a mythic jaded badass in the gap between S1 and S2.
>>
File: 1488399511189-y.jpg (290KB, 698x996px) Image search: [Google]
1488399511189-y.jpg
290KB, 698x996px
>>90621398
Link is cute!
>>
>>90631519
so... the Thundercats reboot?
>>
>>90631519
Objectively awful.
>>
>>90630368
Why not chronological?
>>
Link probably can't be entirely silent, but he should be a quiet and thoughtful sort of person and there should be lots of scenes exploring the environment or adventuring without dialogue.
>>
Make two of them: a comedy-action Wind Waker show with an "island of the week" structure, and a more serious and mature Ocarina of Time show.
>>
>>90616630
I'd make it too lore based, it would put off normies and then it would get cancelled after one season.
>>
>>90616630
3D CG (maybe in a RWBY style) based around Breath of the Wild. The concept is perfect for one-off shows since it could be Link and Zelda exploring adventuring in a whole new land and exploring really strange places and getting caught up in strange circumstances because of it.
>>
>>90621398
I hate this "SJW pandering" meme.

Was it SJW pandering in FF7 when Cloud dressed up as a girl and nearly got fucked by a fat mob boss because of it because he thought Cloud was the prettiest one?

It's called a joke
>>
File: 1488956927956.jpg (92KB, 613x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1488956927956.jpg
92KB, 613x1024px
>>90622375
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbMQfaG6lo8

While that will 100% never happen on our earth within the multiverse, this animation will satisfy your boner briefly.
>>
>>90636613
>he doesn't want Link to earn his stripes

Shit taste desu. Zelda as a series is about exploration and growth, you can't show it in a Samurai Jack esque series where the protag has basically already peaked character wise in episode one. Save that approach for Metroid.

It'd be more interesting to see Link learn from the world to become more thoughtful and careful and reflective.
>>
Don't
>>
>>90643474
But having him as a snarky ass is the wrong way to do it. He'll just come off as an annoying piece of shit. Even with what little character he has, Link has always been a good person.

Even if he doesn't start out as Swordplay McBadass, he should still be a likable person with a personality to match.
>>
File: my nigga.png (45KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
my nigga.png
45KB, 500x350px
>>90624446
>>90624742
>>
>>90643126
To the west its SJW crap, but to the Japanese the idea of a man in lady's clothes is still the high point of comedy.
>>
>>90643126
To my knowledge, SJWs get absolutely triggered to pieces when a character is in drag on a show, and calls it "transphobic". You kinda have to be an idiot to really think that crossdressing gags are sjw pandering
>>
>>90643824
>To the west its SJW crap,

That's not how it used to be, just watch some Bugs Bunny cartoons.
>>
>>90643916
Where have you been? Every time I see Tumblr point out people crossdressing, it means they must be Trans.
>>
>>90621398
>tfw just got to this part of the game
The Gerudo in this game are something else. I tell ya.
>>
>>90644068
Depends on franchise, sometimes it's "Oh hey, they're crossdressing, they're obviously trans", other times it's "What the fuck? How dare a male character wear a dress! That's fucking transphobic, we're not a joke.
>>
>>90616630

Use Teen Titans Go as a base.

Legend Of Zelda Go!

10 minute episodes with a comedy focus
limited continuity and sword fighting
>>
I would chuck the whole timeline out the window and do an original story drawing on the entire series' mythos. Link starts out as an average kid doing average things, until monsters start coming out and wrecking shit. In the midst of escaping, he stumbles across an item of magic (for example, a pendant) that the monsters are after.

S1 would be about Link struggling with the idea that he's caught up in something much bigger than himself. A few attempts to pass off the item to someone else, only for it not to pan out. By the end, he becomes committed to the fight. Ganondorf makes a cameo.

S2 follows Link as he searches for a way to make a difference, learning about the Master Sword and legend of the hero reborn to fight against the evil. He gathers a team modeled on the sages to fight. They don't win every battle, and nearly lose their lives (boring, invincible heroes make for boring, predictable plots). Ganondorf is a competent villain, actively hunting Link down while trying to maintain his grip on Hyrule. Link finds the Master Sword in the end. Ganondorf creates Shadow Link.

S3 has Shadow Link committing various crimes and atrocities while posing as Link. Link has to deal with a people that view him as a threat instead of as a hero. He and his crew spend most of their time hiding out. Zelda is able to send Link his shadow's next target. In a very public fight, Shadow Link is revealed and defeated. Link declares that he's coming for Ganondorf next.

S4 is full on Link vs. Ganondorf. No hold fights between him and various minions as Link travels the land, freeing various towns. Ganondorf's mind begins to unravel as he desperately tries to turn back the tide. Zelda is able to escape and rallies an army to her side. She and Link finally meet. Final episode is about the storming of Hyrule Castle Town. Ganondorf snaps and goes full Ganon, shredding the army. Showdown between Ganon and Link and Zelda is in the wreckage of castle town.
>>
>>90645378
Ganon is defeated and cast back into the Dark Realm. The dead are counted and remembered while Hyrule tries to rebuild. Link and Zelda share a melancholy moment as they are both well aware that Ganon will return one day. Final sequence is the Master Sword put back.
>>
>>90616630
To start, most of the characters can talk including Link but Link stays quiet most of the time letting his body and other people speak instead but will rarely speak if the situation requires it or if he feels like he should, secondly the story would be a adventure, Link wouldn't have a specific city or building that he lives at, he would have a home town however that he returns to rarely after long adventures or something, Link would have no companions except maybe a fairy like Navi or something and would instead make new friends and companions every adventure or 'arc' and would obtain new tools/abilities as the series goes on.

Zelda would be a prominent character but she would not show up often, maybe give her something similar to her role as Sheik in OoT so she can still be present while still not 'being' herself with her only showing up as Zelda as the situation calls for it or after a specific part of the story like after the Season 1 Finale or something.

Ganondorf would be the big bad for the first season with him being vanquished and sealed away, Season 2 would feature a new big bad and then Season 3 would maybe be the last season with Link and Zelda being forced to release Ganondorf so they can reunite the Triforce to destroy the Big bad of the final season with Ganondorf either A. Leaving the unconscious heroes after making sure they are safe to show that the Gerudo King has changed or B. Ganondorf seizes the full power of the Triforce after the Villain of the 3rd Season is defeated and Link and Zelda have to defeat Ganon without their Triforce pieces.

Each season would consist of a set of areas/dungeons that Link has to traverse through, something like 8 ideally although 4 wouldn't be bad as long as that is padded out with world building and character development.

The series overall would be a Action/Adventure series with some comedy elements that would at times be very dark and somber and knows when to take itself seriously or not.
>>
File: Samus_NLG.png (627KB, 447x576px) Image search: [Google]
Samus_NLG.png
627KB, 447x576px
>>90624446
>Gennedy Metroid
yeah please

oh god, a Metroid Prime/Fusion cartoon would be super-perfect for this too
>>
Which network would handle it best?
>>
>>90645378

This reminds me of so many Netflix shows. Not saying that's a bad thing.

As for me, I know it's stupid, but love to see Link find some magical place (not a Tower...that's ripping off Stephen King) that connects all Legend of Zelda realities (except CD-i). Plot is to explore all these worlds to see what's the same and what's different in figuring out how to ultimately break the three-way bond between Link (triforce courage), Zelda (wisdom) and Ganon (power) as it's the only way to once and for all, keep Hyrule safe. Maybe explore a backstory on the triforce and where Hyrule actually is (another planet?)

As a side note, I always hoped one day a decent artist would make a Zelda web comic taking place a few years after the old cartoon where Link and Zelda make out all the time...now instead of constantly trying (and failing) to kiss her, it's trying to have sex.
>>
>>90643204
Yeah, I saw that. Shit was fucking amazing.
>>
>>90646543
Adult Swim or Netflix
>>
>>90625822
The only correct answer.
>>
>>90616630
>kid Link
>fairly quiet but in a gruff no-nonsense way, not a mute retard way, he'll be a lot like Robin in Teen Titans or Piccolo from DBZ but younger and angrier
>make it as edgy as a kid's cartoon can get, in the same vein as a lot of shonen anime
>fairly monster of the week type stuff for the most part, say he has to help random Hyrulians and fix their problems, solve mysteries, etc., or there's an episode about him in the forest, some skull kids play a prank on him and he finds out about their pasts in bits and pieces via doing jobs for them and the events of the episode result in him finding their parents for them and checking if they're ok/telling the parents what happened to their kids and Link isn't mad about them playing pranks on him anymore
>a couple of main arcs, one involving him trying to find out about his parents, Gannondorf trying to do some evil shit, etc.
>Gannondorf is a recurring villain

Supporting characters would be Zelda, Aryll just so she can get kidnapped by villains and shit like that, Saria as a possible love interest, give him some OC friends, give him a rival of some sort maybe, Epona if she counts, instead of Navi or some other gayass dumbfuck fairy give him either a skull kid as a travel buddy or that one owl except make it a little smaller so it can sit on his head or shoulder. That's all I got.
>>
>>90620731

I unironically want this.
>>
File: 1482638962909.jpg (43KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1482638962909.jpg
43KB, 450x600px
>>90652571
>make it as edgy as a kid's cartoon can get, in the same vein as a lot of shonen anime
>fairly monster of the week type stuff for the most part, say he has to help random Hyrulians and fix their problems, solve mysteries, etc., or there's an episode about him in the forest, some skull kids play a prank on him and he finds out about their pasts in bits and pieces via doing jobs for them and the events of the episode result in him finding their parents for them and checking if they're ok/telling the parents what happened to their kids and Link isn't mad about them playing pranks on him anymore
>a couple of main arcs, one involving him trying to find out about his parents, Gannondorf trying to do some evil shit, etc.
>Gannondorf is a recurring villain
Saria as a possible love interest,
>give him a rival of some sort maybe
Terrible. All of it.
>>
>>90653067
I kinda wish people made more of them
>>
>>90653483
Why?
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.