[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, Snyder read this and decided to take a dump on it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 250px-LL_MOS_1.jpg (33KB, 250x394px) Image search: [Google]
250px-LL_MOS_1.jpg
33KB, 250x394px
So, Snyder read this and decided to take a dump on it?
>>
Well, this comic is shitty and wrong, so I guess he did the right thing.
>>
>>90616626
>Shitty

Elaborate, please
>>
>>90616731
It's just another anon who doesn't like Azzerello, don't mind him, this comic was fucking excellent.
>>
>>90616731
The interpretation of Luthor is totally wrong.

It characterizes him as someone afraid of Superman and his power, and who has some need for humanity to show it's superiority.

In reality, Luthor doesn't fear Superman, he just thinks he's a blowhard hypocrite. Luthor believes that everyone is motivated solely by personal gain, and that people like Superman are in it for the glory and admiration, whether they are aware of it or not. He does not believe in selflessness for its own sake, or that morality is absolute. He wants to disgrace and expose Superman as just as flawed and human as the rest of us.

Also Luthor has no particular attachment to the human race, in fact, if anything, he has disdain for it. His intelligence sets him apart from everyone else and prevented him from forming close personal relationships (this can be seen in Secret Origin with how he acts with young Clark, and Johns has further expanded upon it in his Justice League by making his sister the only person he ever made a genuine connection with). This is actually one of the few things about Luthor faithfully captured in BvS; he's a bigshot and likes to be the center of attention, but sometimes spergs out because he doesn't really empathize with human beings. While the Luthor we know doesn't actually have these sperg moments, it was meant to convey to the audience that deep down he's an outsider.

The comic does get that Luthor has a jealousy for Superman, because he's so beloved and accepted despite being above them all. But he doesn't envy Superman's powers or feel belittled by him.

>>90617012
I love Azz's non-DCU work. It's just when working with classic characters he shows time and again that he doesn't really do his research and has thus has perceptions of the characters that aren't informed by previous comics.
>>
>>90617129
One more thing, I have not actually read this comic since it came out, and at the time I first read it, I was still new to DC, so I loved it. It wasn't until much later after I'd read years worth of DC material that I found Luthor's characterization doesn't match up with his history in this.
>>
>>90617129
What in God's name have you been reading!?
>>
>>90615861
Good. It sucks.
>>
Snyder loves to take imagery from comics, but completely misinterpret the meaning. See, the whole Watchmen movie.

With that said, the stuff he took out of LL MoS and DKR was on point, almost like a clock broken twice a day, Batman falling of the wagon hard and flat out using weapons made for an awesome villain, and even if his Superman was super flat, at least he didn't write him as the DKR dumb establishment government stooge (my main fear when this movie was announced and Miller was involved).

>>90617129
More than one way to write a character, you DCAU single minded casual. That's like hating Azz's amazing Wondie run just because he fucked with her origins and characterization. Guess what, current Superman and Batman (and by current I mean the last fucking 30 years) didn't just sprout out of the ether that way, it took tweaking, misunderstanding and people taking chances and giving their own impressions on the character.
>>
Did you azzfags like his Hellblazer run too?
>>
>>90617129

You are putting way too much faith in your interpretation of the Cereal King's version of Superman. It's like saying that some 20 years of Barry Allen is wrong because Nora was alive then and Henry didn't spend any time behind bars - as, of course, meaning that those 20 years of characterizations of Barry lacked any reason or rationale for his super heroics.

Luthor has existed since the 1940s and thinking that he doesn't have an 'alien/otherness' about Kal-El is just your own fan fiction tier head canon (well, that you maybe share with TCK, at least in your mind).

>>90616731
It's pretty dull and repetitious. Cornell's Acton Comics is a more entertaining, enlightening and readable take on Lex.
>>
>>90617129
This is perfect & correct.
>>
>>90617236
Not my favorite run, but I liked it, Constantine was getting way too mystical and hippy dippy, and Azzarello brings the sleaze and grease back.
>>
>>90617300
Wrong
>>
File: Superman is dubious.jpg (22KB, 339x363px) Image search: [Google]
Superman is dubious.jpg
22KB, 339x363px
>>90617300

You are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO confused, son.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.