[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mark Millar is the best 00' Spidey writter?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

Who gave to us the best run in 2000/10?
>>
>>Electro blows up cars
>>Spider-Man "There were kids in those cars!"
>>Proceed to quip and fight

Yeaaaaah, no.
>>
>>90614908

Millar's run is pretty much faultless, but it's also fairly brief. Sraczynski's run has a number of weaknesses but is much more ambitious and sweeping. I guess it depends on how you value these things: The total number of great issues, or the average overall quality? Depending upon your metric either one could excel over the other.
>>
JMS's run if you stop when JRJR leaves

Also... I enjoyed Bendis' Ultimate Spider-Man until the whole Ultimatum shit
>>
>>90614908
JMS, haters gonna hate.
>>
>>90614908
Millar's MK Spiderman is the last good th8ng he's done
>>
>>90615063
See that's where an editor could've stepped in. Let's see who edited this run...

>Axel Alonso

Well I guess that explains everything.
>>
>>90615132
this. even if the guy is the biggest hack in the industry, bendis did make ultimate spider man ok... until ultimátum.
>>
Bendis is great if he's just retelling past stories instead of coming up with his own.
>>
I feel like David's run on Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man is often overlooked. It was fairly inconsequential in the long run, but it had some fun stories. I haven't gone back and read it recently though, so maybe it doesn't hold up.

Overall, I'd agree with "JMS if you stop when JRJR leaves."
>>
>>90614908
Good lord, this was my desktop wallpaper back in 2005. Twelve fucking years ago.
>>
JMS

Then Paul Jenkins, his stories were very good, classic good spider-man stories, in my opinion
>>
>>90614908

Bendis on Ultimate. Not original but such a good retelling/reworking.

I'm not even a Bendis or Ultimate Universe fan but I can't deny how solid that run was for basically 100 issues or so.
>>
but Spider-Man loves Mary Jane
>>
This run, like most of Millar's work, is perfectly pitched at 16 year old boys, and it worked on me at that age. This whole run was extremely derivative and grimdark. The Dodson's doing MJ and Felicia was hot as fuck, but otherwise it was forgettable. Only real effect on continuity was Gargan Venom, as I recall.

JMS was the last good Spider-Man stuff in 616 continuity, full stop.
>>
>>90618894
>Bendis is great if he's just retelling past stories instead of coming up with his own

His X-Men would say otherwise
>>
I don't know, but Busiek's Untold Tales was the best run of the 90's.

Shame they didn't recognize his talent and just hand him the keys to ASM full hog.
>>
>>90614908
>Who gave to us the best run in 2000/10?

2000's?

A lot of Bendis' USM
JMS up until Romita Jr leaves
Part of Paul Jenkins run
Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane
Tobin's Marvel Adventures Spider-Man

Millar's Spider-Man has issues but I think I'd rather read it than a lot of post-OMD Spider-Man, which didn't really hold up that well.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.