[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Code Lyoko

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 28

File: IMG_0624.jpg (167KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0624.jpg
167KB, 1024x768px
As a kid, I never understood the plot of this show.
>>
I never understood why they all had such giant foreheads.
>>
>>90609531
I actually really liked the plot of Code Lyoko. It's a shame it was wasted on a rather mediocre monster of the week show. Although, the later seasons did try to alleviate that issue.
>>
>>90609531
I was actually thinking about Code Lyoko while I was at work today. Some woman had a giant fucking billboard sized forehead and I immediately thought of Code Lyoko. The issue is I only remember the shitty 3d and the giant foreheads. What was the show even about? Can I get a quick rundown?
>>
>>90609623
Basically a scientist works on a secret military project that is supposed to be some sort of super weapon akin to an EMP device. Said scientist realizes that this is fucking stupid and could probably destroy the world so he defects. Of course the CIA doesn't like this so they track him down and try to fuck with him. While in hiding the scientist creates a supercomputer that can fucking reverse time and works on it for over 3000 days using said reverse time feature. However the supercomputer has an AI in it called XANA that isn't the nicest fellow. As it turns out every time the time reverse is used XANA gets a little stronger. The CIA eventually finds the scientist and he and his daughter are forced to enter the virtual world he created over those 3000 days. However when they enter it they're greeted by a not so happy group of monsters. The scientist orders his daughter to hide inside a tower while he tries to reason with this batshit AI he created. He fails to do so but manages to shut down the supercomputer anyway, effectively sealing him, his daughter and XANA for all eternity.
And then a bunch of dumb fucking French kids find the computer and turn it on.
>>
>>90609531
> I was a dumb kid
We all were
>>
>>90609531
Come on anon, it wasn't that complicated. And pretty great in later seasons to be honest
>>
I thought this show looked like autism
>>
>>90609531
You must have been a pretty dumb kid, OP.
>>
They were searching for a cure for fivehead.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCt03NafoAM
>>
File: Odd and Ulrich.jpg (112KB, 718x627px) Image search: [Google]
Odd and Ulrich.jpg
112KB, 718x627px
I was surprised that incidents like these did not happen more often to the kids in Code Lyoko concidering the fact that in some episodes X.A.N.A would go as far as attacking the supercomputer and even the scanners causing all sorts of damage.
though if they did do stuff like this it would of lead to some interesting scenarios.
>>
>>90609531
i don't think anyone did
>>
>>90609531
Everything was just so wash, rinse, repeat, no progress made.
>>
>>90609564
I almost expected an episode where all we see is nothing but foreheads
>>
File: Terre_021.jpg (81KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
Terre_021.jpg
81KB, 720x576px
>>90612674
Only really in the first season. iirc the channel it was being made for wanted it to be episodic so they could air the episodes in any order, but when it did well they let them have overarching plots and continuity from the second season on. The pace of the show feels really refreshing now in these days of ADHD mile a minute cartoons.

The "comfy" buzzword is overused, but that's very much how I feel watching Code Lyoko. Perhaps it is partly nostalgia, but I just really like the way it managed to portray young teenage kids and their regular lives well (and particularly realistically for a cartoon) alongside the sci-fi aspect of the show. They had crushes and stupid rivalries, they'd have falling outs and could be bitchy and moody little shits, their home lives would sometimes cause them problems, but it all felt really natural and not like forced drama. There's not many shows I'd care for the creators to revisit and at least tell us how the characters turned out, but I feel invested enough in the Lyoko characters that I'd actually be really interested to know.

I mentioned over in the Oban thread (the creator of CL worked on that show too) that this show really deserves an production artbook - It has a great aesthetic, I love the backgrounds and the colour palette and fivehead jokes aside, I actually really like the character designs for doing something different.
>>
Odd would have to go through a whole school day trying to do things while having feet for hands whitch would be hard considering his issues with foot odor and Ulrich would need help getting around so he doesnt bump into a wall or stumble down some stairs all while hiding from everyone in school.
>>
>>90609531

>There is a world
>That is virtual and strange.
>But evil corrupts it
>And XANA is his name
>>
>>90609531
what wasn't to understand

there is an evil computer that is trying to destroy the world and they have to stop it

They can't just turn it off because that would functionally kill Pink Hair girl
>>
remember the live-action show?
>>
>>90609531
It's a little confusing when you first start watching, especially since the introduction episode isn't until Season 3.

The gist of it comes pretty quickly, though. The only issue I had was that there were way too many episodes that boiled down to "XANA attacks, they stop it, and nothing major happens that moves the plot forward".

I still need to finish Season 4, but I'm a bit burnt out on it right now.

>>90609623
>Jeremie finds a supercomputer
>AI named Aelita is inside
>Also an evil AI named XANA
>Jeremie and his friends want to bring Aelita to the real world and then shut down the computer to kill XANA
>XANA tries to kill them all first
>To kill them all he has to activate towers on Lyoko
>Aelita is the only one who can deactivate those towers to stop his attacks
>Also, the computer can fucking time travel to back before the attack happens once it deactivates.

Aelita also is actually human and there's some more stuff, but that's the basic gist early on.
>>
>>90616980

Where did they find enough children with advanced encephilitis capable unslurred speech to portray the cast?
>>
File: X A N A.jpg (75KB, 1131x707px) Image search: [Google]
X A N A.jpg
75KB, 1131x707px
>XANA is literally shit tier villain
>Evil for the sake of evil

Hate this shit
>>
>>90609531
Plot was hard at first but it really gets easier as it goes on imo
>>
>>90616980
That was good for 5 episodes, and then it went downhill. Still good but it needs more.
>>
>>90617906
>shit tier villain
>took control of the bus of kids like speed and was going to ram them into an oil refinery
>took control of a satellite to shoot at them
>brought a suit of armor to life

Xana needs to just kill the kids better, he almost won when he had that overlord thing that could capture Aelita though, if it wasn't retarded and couldn't recognize a copy from the real one.
>>
File: Wallpaper.png (824KB, 1024x577px) Image search: [Google]
Wallpaper.png
824KB, 1024x577px
>>90616980
>hire young adults to play ulrich and william
>Odd's actor is 8 years old
what the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>90609531
Did those artists learn to draw using Downies as character models?
>>
>>90613424

Because he has vertigo?
>>
>>90619916

Also, would it have been so bad to dye the actress' hair instead of that dumb wig? The girl in Stranger Things fucking shaved her head for television.
>>
What's hard to understand?
>Kid genius finds Tron-level supercomputer with slightly better graphics
>Turns it on and instantly waifus the apparent AI girl inside it while also unleashing Digital Satan
>Practically blackmails the few friends he has into helping him get his waifu out of the computer
>Spends the entire first season trying to make her real, finally do so in the season finale
>Second season reveals the girl was always human, but got tied to the computer years ago. Entire plot is trying to free her from Digital Satan's grasp and restore her memories
>Third season is just a bridge to justify the reformatting of the cast's looks in the fourth
>Final animated season sees them kill Digital Satan and turning off the computer
>Live-action fifth season is bullshit retcon "Or so they thought!"
>>
File: Aeltia cute.jpg (71KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
Aeltia cute.jpg
71KB, 480x680px
>>90620057
Or at least go with a real hair color like red. It was already strange enough being pink in the cartoon, but it was the least unrealistic hair color compared to what anime normally throw out. Still, red would have at least been sensible.
>>
File: 65786785.jpg (87KB, 1099x1627px) Image search: [Google]
65786785.jpg
87KB, 1099x1627px
>>90609564
>>
File: French satanists.jpg (83KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
French satanists.jpg
83KB, 720x576px
>>90609897
Actually, Franz made the supercomputer and Carthage for the government, but when he realized the threat Carthage could pose, he made XANA to destroy it. However, the repeated cycles Franz spent setting everything up wound up making XANA corrupted and evil, then it all just went to shit with the agents chasing Franz and Aelita to the computer and XANA snatching them before they all got shutdown for 10 years.
>>
>>90620057
>Shaving your head for Code Lyoko
>>
File: XANA_014.jpg (78KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
XANA_014.jpg
78KB, 720x576px
>>90621338
Protect best girl
>>
>>90621494

or just dye it and then dye it back at the end of shooting
>>
>>90621555
>Constantly die your hair for Code Lioko
>Show gets cancelled in season 1 and you go bald
>>
File: Little Bloks.gif (113KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
Little Bloks.gif
113KB, 350x350px
>>90621513
>>
>>90613947
French version superior
>>
>>90621591
homie, you wouldn't dye it every day. just like, keep it pink for the time it takes to shoot the season. and then dye it back and start auditioning for real shit.
>>
>>90621756
Both versions are equally good. The only bad one is the lesser known English version where they got some guy who sounded like he was half-asleep to sing.
>>
>>90621591
You don't go bald from dying your hair. And it really depends on genetics if you have to dye it constantly to keep a color or not. I should know, as both of my brothers had their chosen colors completely change within a day compared to other people.
>>
It was about some French nerd trying to make his waifu real.
>>
>>90621797
English version has childish lyrics. "Make evil go away"? Get that kiddie shit outta here.
>>
>>90622066
And a German weeaboo trying to get all up in some Asian tang whilst ignoring another piece of ass literally seeking to suck his German cock.
>>
>>90622137
>childish

Says you. Stop with this shitposting about the two versions when both are good. Besides, the translation for the French version is basically the same thing with "Remake a world without danger/evil"
>>
File: Code LOSS.jpg (734KB, 1429x1114px) Image search: [Google]
Code LOSS.jpg
734KB, 1429x1114px
>>
>>90622172
Ulrich was a kraut?
>>
>>90622416
His name is Ulrich.
>>
>>90617906
Easy anon XANA is evolving it originally had no emotions and just trapped France out of pragmatism, later on XANA is seen actually laughing meaning mentally he is a psychopathic artificial intelligence.
>>
File: NOTLOGICAL.png (560KB, 857x481px) Image search: [Google]
NOTLOGICAL.png
560KB, 857x481px
Kneel before XANA
>>
File: Sissi party.png (352KB, 451x465px) Image search: [Google]
Sissi party.png
352KB, 451x465px
>>90622416
Yep. First thing the second season premiere did was drop everybody's last name, revealing that Ulrich (which already is a name of Germanic origin) is German, and Odd is Norwegian.

The rest of the kids were all French from what I recall.
>>
File: Zero Gravity Zone.gif (2MB, 316x315px) Image search: [Google]
Zero Gravity Zone.gif
2MB, 316x315px
>>90622640
Was kind of hoping they would reveal some kind of form for XANA after this episode had aired. Of course, keeping him more or less without one (not quite counting that "blob" we see when he dies in season 4) did keep him more mysterious and ominous.
>>
>>90622640
>XANA will never be a real autistic boi
>>
>>90622692
His true form of computer code, he probably chose a demonic looking form because he knows it freaks the fuck out of humans. That is probably the reason his possessed beings sound like demons as well, he is trying to figure out all of our psychological weaknesses.
>>
File: Odd zombie.jpg (84KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
Odd zombie.jpg
84KB, 720x576px
>>90622722
Well if you want to be technical, sure. But given he and the characters all largely met in the virtual world, there's nothing to say he couldn't have manifested himself there instead of all the monster proxies and the smoke/static he generates into the real world.
>>
>>90619120
He's come closer than that, honestly. The closest he came to killing them in the episodes I saw was

>Odd, Ulrich, and Yumi trapped on Sector 5
>can't use weapons
>being devirtualized will permanently kill them
>has a clone of Franz Hopper guarding the computer and blasts Jeremie with lightning when he gets close
>transports Aelita onto Lyoko and hands her over to the Scypozoa

But then, because the Aelita he transported was a fake, the clone was all "Noooo!", gave up and left, and Jeremie was able to turn everything around.

FOR WHAT PURPOSE
>>
>>90622868
XANA was gonna drop meteors on France, he seriously wants to kill these kids.
>>
File: Waiting for Code Lyoko reboot.jpg (27KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Waiting for Code Lyoko reboot.jpg
27KB, 640x480px
>>90622868
He came close numerous times, even if not all of the kids were about to die.

>that one where the school field trips to that little island
>XANA creates some kind of electric sludge monster that can mortally injure people
>Ulrich is seen lying motionless in a boat, his arm dangling out of it
>Yumi got dropped into the sea and essentially died, forcing Jeremie to use the perfect materialization code Odd had accidentally helped make to revive her

I can only imagine the show wouldn't be able to keep it's original rating if it got remade today and still kept all of the violence and near-death.
>>
>>90622933
Not to mention reversing gravity around the school so everything would go right into space.

Christ, just imagine if he got powerful enough to possess the entire planet. He could erupt every single volcano, cause all mountains to avalanche, and generate tidal waves to wash over all coastal locations. It'd be like god shaking the world like a fucking snowglobe.
>>
File: For.jpg (26KB, 400x562px) Image search: [Google]
For.jpg
26KB, 400x562px
So why XANA wants to kill humans?

>Muh directive
>>
>>90623283
No need to shitpost the "Evil AI is designed to kill people" complaint just because you don't understand.

It's never fully explained, but when Aelita's dad reversed time for like 7 years or so, it powered up XANA and its programming got all wacky. Some sources say a virus infected XANA, others state it was just a corruption from the power up. Whichever it is, XANA ultimately wanted dominion over the world and to eradicate humans. It fixated on the kids since they were the only ones who could directly stop its plan.
>>
File: Odd cops a feel.jpg (8KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
Odd cops a feel.jpg
8KB, 256x192px
>>
>>90624488
>NOT ULRICH
>>
>>90624488
Before the series was over I think the little redhead girl was the only one Odd managed not to feel up.
>>
>>90624516
>NOT AELITA

>>90624528
Pretty sure Odd never hit on Yumi, only pretended to have a thing with Aelita that one time to get Herve off their backs, and never bothered with the younger girls. Aside from that, he had dipped his fingers in pretty much every girl in the school.
>>
File: Aelita's ass.jpg (128KB, 1383x1985px) Image search: [Google]
Aelita's ass.jpg
128KB, 1383x1985px
>>
File: snapshot_03.26.jpg (221KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot_03.26.jpg
221KB, 720x576px
>>90624528
Yeah, Milly only got felt up by zombies in the showers.
>>
>>90623076
They do meddle a lot.
>>
>>90624528
He never felt up Yumi. I think.

He was in her body for a while.
>>
Oh look, it's that Digimon rip-off with the shit writing
>>
>>90631155
Nice false-flagging bullshit, bub.
>>
File: g_eremy.jpg (231KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
g_eremy.jpg
231KB, 720x576px
>>90635442
I think it's just regular bait rather than false-flagging. It's not like Digimon is popular enough to have threads any more.
>>
>>90635814
First time I've seen it in any of these threads. Either way, it's a pretty lame shitpost.
>>
Anons if you were one of the Lyoko kids what weapon would you use to fight XANA? and what vehicle would you have?

>The weapons and vehilce the regular cast of Code Lyoko has are off limits.

I would have something like if Nightwing's escrima sticks and a lightsaber had a baby, and my vehicle would be a speeder bike that hovers a bit off the ground.
>>
Foreheads
>>
>>90622640
>>
>>90623393
I thought they stated that it all started because they wanted to shut down the super computer project and XANA reacted violently cause he didn't want to be shut down?
>>
>>90617906
>Evil for the sake of evil
No, you have to approach XANA not as an intelligence but an extremely straightforward piece of computer programming that (because it was designed on a highly advanced quantum computer) became self aware.

Hopper's original work for the Government cause him to defect because he knew it would in his own words "destroy the world". In order to sabotage his work he created XANA to destroy it and Lyoko for him and Aelita to hide on.

XANA, self aware and realizing that destroying Hopper's work meant inevitably destroying itself too decided to not do that. What to do instead? What it believed the original purpose of Hopper's work was (based off of his diaries) "destroy the world".
>>
>>90609531
i understood the plot kinda and i really liked the show as a kid, until my mom made me stop watching it for some reason i bet i was doing dumb shit because of the show though
>>
>>90622642
>>The rest of the kids were all French from what I recall.
Jeremy - French
Aelita - French
Sissy - French
Yumi - Japanese (born/raised in France)
Ulrich - German
Odd - Norwegian
Jim /our guy/ Morales - Canadian
>>
>The FIRST EPISODE THEY AIRED dropped us smack-dab in the middle of the story, explained nothing, and didn't even focus on the main characters
I refuse to watch any show that does this

>I hear Miraculous Ladybug did the same thing
Fuck France
>>
>>90640438
>I refuse to watch any show that does this
90% of kids shows do this for some reason.

I guess they think kids are too dumb to follow a story and prefer people just make a monster of the week

They eventually went and did an hour long prequel called "XANA Awakens" once they started to care about plot
>>
>>90639322
Nope, XANA was made to destroy Carthage, but then something went wrong.
>>
>>90640317
>Jim was the most based character in the show
>never became a Lyoko Warrior
>ended up becoming the most popular guy at Kadic after people found out about his disco tape

I guess I can accept this.
>>
>>90622642
>>90640317
>Odd - Norwegian
It is a Scandinavian first name, but his surname is Italian and I'm pretty sure he was stated at one point in the show Italian was the only class he was actually good at.
>>
>>90640438
>I refuse to watch any show that does this
Enjoy missing out on good shows because of your autism.
>>
>>90613392
This 100%. Couldn't have said it better myself. Currently rewatching Oban. Maybe I'll do LYOKO next. It seriously is some comfy teenage-ness.
>>
>>90620016
who has vetigo?
>>
>>90641081

No, it's a Norwegian name, from the old Norse word for "Spear"
>>
>>90612513
Odd with feet for hands and Ulrich being headless because X.A.N.A sabotaged they're pods.
>>
>>90609531

I hated how they all got the same outfits in season 4(?). Those looked stupid.

That season was stupid in general.
>>
>>90622640

Did we ever get to see Lyoko!Jeremie?
>>
>>90642762

Nope. Closest thing we get is a form in the books, but since they're non-canon and hard to get full details on, people largely ignore it.
>>
>>90619916
This fucking garbage
>>
>>90643089
Any links or descriptions of what the books said his Lyoko form is like? Did the books do anything weird or did it stay pretty faithful?
>>
>>90644190
From the Cose Lyoko wiki

>In the novels, Jeremie's Lyoko form is identical to the Disney incarnation of Peter Pan.
>>
File: Code Lyoko sissi.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Code Lyoko sissi.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhZDbLECWt4

William's theme is pretty cool

Hated how the show ended, William got saved the crew hated him i dont know what else I didt like how they ended it its been a while.

Then this abomination gets announced >>90619916
and I get really sad. What the fuck were they thinking? I send them a message asking why they thought this was a good idea just the generic "We thought and did what we thought was best" answer.
>>
>>90609531
Xana was like an antivirus I think
>>
File: 1429586042240.png (51KB, 203x167px) Image search: [Google]
1429586042240.png
51KB, 203x167px
>>90648670
>this show
>>
>>90641948
It's of Norwegian origin, but it's not a name that only Norwegians and no one else has. People do name their kids foreign names.
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.