[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legend of Korra was worse than PPG reboot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: trash.jpg (66KB, 1112x426px) Image search: [Google]
trash.jpg
66KB, 1112x426px
Hear me out,
Back in 2012 I think it is pretty safe to say we all were waiting with anticipation for the sequel to our favorite Nick show, Avatar the last airbender, to come out. We were getting a new Avatar, a young brown girl, to carry on the legacy Avatar franchise. We saw the concept art that looked good. The animation still top notch. We even saw some characters from the original all grown up now. It was all looking great... but then the first season came...
I'm certain everyone that watched and loved the original series had the same reaction. Something was off. It didn't feel like we were watching a show from the same creators as ATLA. It took the second season for most people to come to the realization that this was not the show we were waiting for.

That brings me to PPG reboot. On first Glance, everything looks off. The character models, the animation, the tone and even even some of the Voices were PPG changed. Nobody, that's NOBODY, was going to think that show wasn't complete trash, but at the very least, I wasn't FOOLED into believing this was going to be good.
>>
File: Cirno eh.png (18KB, 225x225px)
Cirno eh.png
18KB, 225x225px
>>90609405
I few grammatical errors, but I agree. I never wasted my time on the PowerPuffGirls reboot.
Korra felt like a betrayal.
>>
>>90609405
PPG looked awful from the start, while Korra had potential and glimpses of greatness.

There is nothing worse than betrayed hopes and love that is in vain.
>>
>>90609405
fuck off retard you sound fucking stupid you korra haters are some pathetic fucks
>>
>>90609405
I wish it had stayed as just a miniseries. That way people would just dismiss it as a short, disappointing follow up, that would eventually be forgotten about, rather than have it tarnish the franchise altogether.
>>
>>90609518
>didn't read
It's like it hurts you to think.
>>
>>90609518
>Korra apologist
lmao
>>
>>90609533
>>90609576
>>
>>90609405
>Nobody, that's NOBODY, was going to think that show wasn't complete trash, but at the very least, I wasn't FOOLED into believing this was going to be good.

Here's the thing though: Korra was a letdown but only because people expected so much based on the quality of the previous show.

Based on how similar it was to TTG, we knew going in how awful the new PPG show was going to be and it STILL managed to be worse than anybody anticipated.
>>
>>90609619
Damn, anon. You got me down to a tea
>>
First of all, Korra was an OK avatar. Sure, she wasn't amazing like Aang was, but she wasn't shit.

Second, the main problem that korra faced was the formula they used was shit
>start season
>introduce new characters
>one character that's super nice turns out to be the bad guy who was using korra

It just felt inferior to the original, as if no good people existed and everyone just wants to use korra to better there ambitions.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.