[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Discuss.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

File: lol.png (189KB, 1198x1203px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
189KB, 1198x1203px
Discuss.
>>
That could almost pass for the flag of Sweden.
>>
>>90599121

They should replace the airings of PPG, SU, Nexo Knights, JLA and T&J with TTG.

They don't air enough TTG.
>>
It's fucking happening to Cloudy, why didn't I expect it.

Also Gumball is getting way more airtime, it used to be in blocks of an hour or two I think in the morning and then during the middle of the day.

We Bare Bears has been removed completely, which is where Gumball's spike and Cloudy's inclusion comes in. Movies have calmed down recently too, I guess it climaxed when they aired Rio and Shrek before Regular Show's finale.
>>
>>90599358
For some reason I didn't see that there's 4 airings of the same movie, still less than usual but 4 of the same movie is more repetitive than usual.

Is it really the same movie over and over or is this like the "Cat with the low body fat" where it's just a joke because who cares about what movie it is?
>>
I don't understand why they'd do this.
Who's really watching the same few episodes of Teen Titans Go and Gumball ever other day?
>>
Since the Toonami thread is dead, I'll post this here. They just announced they are replacing One Piece with Tokyo Ghoul and reshuffling the schedule.
>>
This is the worst one in a while.

Why even renew PPG for two more seasons if you're only airing a single episode a week?

>Investigate 3/11

I appreciate that.
>>
>literally 3 shows left on the network
>none of them are CN Originals (even if Gumball is CN Europe)

The network has truly fallen.
>>
File: 1423769464581.jpg (79KB, 414x510px) Image search: [Google]
1423769464581.jpg
79KB, 414x510px
>>90599121
Oh God what the fuck
>>
>>90599121
>Friday party!
>Tom & Jerry on a bit, Wimpy Kid movie on TWICE, the 1 episode of Su and PPG for the entire week
That's hilarious.
>>
>>90599121
>Investigate 3/11

Kek
>>
>>90599619
I understand dropping one piece since we're at the point it gets really fucking slow, but fuuuuuuuuuck tokyo ghoul. It goes to shit really badly to the point i gave up reading it even.
>>
Also I think you can safely remove Regular Show, Supernoobs, Transformers, and Wabbit from the list. Maybe Scooby Doo as well.

I mean, maybe things will be different as we get closer to summer, but gee whiz. Forget TT:Go even, is Gumball doing so well that it can take the place of all those other shows in the mornings, afternoons, and right before adult swim?
>>
>>90599591
>Who's really watching the same few episodes of Teen Titans Go and Gumball ever other day?

Kids.
Young kids in particular.

They can watch the same show/movie 100 times and still not get tired of it.
>>
>>90599673
Is airing reruns of 3 shows a week actually more profitable than having at least some diversity, or is CN just being retarded?
>>
>>90599121
God, as much as I love SU and AT, I'm really starting to lose faith in CN.

I guess with Star vs. and the new Ducktales, Disney XD is looking like its shaping up to be the best cartoon channel
>>
>>90600185
Maybe if cartoons stop with the serialized imsodeep bullshit and go back to making cartoons that kids actually want to watch we might have some diversity

Honestly the constant pandering of cartoons to obese snowflake tumblrinas and virgin waifufags on here is what's actually resulted in the decline of cartoons.
>>
>>90599121
does anyone actually like cloudy with a chance of meatballs?
>>
File: freegan.png (300KB, 418x421px) Image search: [Google]
freegan.png
300KB, 418x421px
>>90600070
>you can safely remove Regular Show
I can't believe it's come to this.
>>
Question

Does any show REALLY deserve the constant airing that TTG and Gumble get?
>>
>>90600070
>safely remove Supernoobs
thank god
>>
>>90599121
Cartoon Network is catering to the international market at the expense of Americans.
>>
>>90600584
Gumball is actualy good though
>>
>>90600584
No.
>>
>>90600584
When a show that has aired long enough for someone to care when it's ending, yes.

Regular Show and Adventure Time both deserve(d) to have a big marathon and schedule takeover for a short bit.

RS not getting a single rerun for years shows AT's probably off that boat too.

I know it's a common response, like with the Simpsons and Family Guy, that when I say this the answer would be "it won't end though, ever", but I'm worried about what the network is going to pull when the series finale comes.

I mean, they made Fridays constantly promoted with FRIDAY PARTY FRIDAY PARTY WEEKEND WITH THE TITANS FRIDAY PARTY just because one 11 minute episode that had no plot was airing.
>>
>>90600394
If kids are fine with watching 18 hours of TTGO a day they should be fine with watching serialized shows out of order, it's not like they give a shit.
>>
>>90600299
I remember back when Disney Channel had at most only a single cartoon worth watching at one time. Now they're going to have five. Shit's crazy.
>>
>>90600804
Every kid i know of in the watches pewdiepie or vlogger of the day age loves TTGO.
Would you enjoy melodramatic faux-deep postmodernist soapboxes completely devoid of nonsensical humor when you were younger? Cartoons used to be made by people that understood their demographic.
>>
>4 showings of Rodrick Rules

The fuck?

Oh look guys, TTG is only half the block instead of 60-65%. Progress! (God, Mighty Magiswords might as well not exist)
>>
File: 3.jpg (29KB, 314x263px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
29KB, 314x263px
>mfw OK KO is going to end up like every other non-TTG show on the network unless a miracle happens and it gets as well-liked as Gumball

>>90599645
>Why even renew PPG for two more seasons
That was fake nigga
>>
>>90599121
I feel physically ill.
>>
>>90601167
And what shows are like that, besides like 5 episodes of Adventure Time?

Cartoons are still required to be wacky and shit, to the extent that it's harming the oh so deep serialized plots they're going for at the same time. But it's definitely still there.
>>
File: 5ae.jpg (33KB, 459x294px) Image search: [Google]
5ae.jpg
33KB, 459x294px
>>90599121
>playing the exact same movie FOUR (4) times in one week

For what fucking purpose
>>
>>90601633
They got a great deal on the broadcasting rights
>>
File: IMG_1304.jpg (96KB, 979x816px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1304.jpg
96KB, 979x816px
>>90599121
>PPG 16

Go away
>>
>>90599121
Doesn't most of SU's official viewership come from streaming anyway?
>>
Fuck, no wonder I stopped watching CN over a year ago.
>>
>>90601100
what are the other three?
>>
>>90601969
Fuck off Boco
>>
>>90601547
TLH, nu-spongebob, the two shows in op TTGO and gumball, and yeah adventure time seasons 1-2.

The problem with this serialized faux deep shit is that it sucks. Until cartoons stop being written by these hacks, if i want something with a coherent plot and actual character development, i'd watch a movie or a tv show.

It's not like cartoons can't do this, they can, and have the added benefit of what cartoons as a medium have to offer. Case in point, old disney.
>>
>>90602080
>Star
>DuckTales
>Tangled
>Big Hero 6
>Milo Murphy's Law
>Mickey shorts if you want to count that

Meanwhile in 2010, there was Phineas and Ferb and... nothing else.
>>
>>90602227

>>Tangled
meh, we'll see.
Could be good I guess.

>>Big Hero 6
hell yes

>>Milo Murphy's Law
haven't seen it.
is it good?

>>Mickey shorts if you want to count that
yup
>>
File: 1.png (172KB, 2312x960px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
172KB, 2312x960px
Meanwhile, in CN Canada...
>>
File: 1487465241000.png (68KB, 800x750px) Image search: [Google]
1487465241000.png
68KB, 800x750px
>>90602391
Milo Murphy's law is a little mediocre in a pretty subjective opinion. It's not the best of the creators but hey it got a season 2.
6.5/10
>>
>>90602586
They even air Total Drama.
"...oh Canada....."
>>
>>90602227
>Disney XD replaced CN as the go-to network for cartoons

I'm honestly 100% okay with this. Disney could very easily dominate animation on TV if they actually pushed hard enough and if it was proven profitable The Disney Afternoon back in the day literally created a new revolution in serialized cartoons, just imagine if they tried that kind of thing now.
>>
>>90602757
Jesus. I hope so.

that would be awesome
>>
>>90600744
RS became such shit though, so it deserved it. Not that AT is much better, but its merch is still selling at least.
>>
>>90602977
>it deserved it
Can't deny it went bullshit but they really were trying.

CN started making innuendo go out, started limiting the animation budget every season, and most notably, pushed the Romance arc.

CJ was introduced when they were told a love triangle was needed, they tried to keep it to a minimum so they didn't have to do it often but also enough to get CN off their backs, they attempted to write CJ out by the end of her debut episode but they ended up liking her, and a crew member said it worked out for the best because instead of reworking Margaret to suit Mordecai more they could use a fresh template.

They bought Heroes prior to the end of Season 7, Season 8's quality dip in animation was just the usual seasonal budget cut.

Oh, and they tried to make it more childish in the long run, mature jokes and anything a 7 year and under kid would be scared of was cut, like a shadow visual of scissors surrounding Mordecai's neck and his head rolling on the floor in cartoony fashion and him making dumb jokes without dying.

Season 6 was horrible though all around.

I'd say it deserved better, but not to a 100% big T. For such a prior important show, and just how it was received in general, it's still surprising it vanished on the network after I think 2014.
>>
>>90602391

The first 5 episodes of Milo Murphy were lukewarm, but the next 5 showed an improvement as the world has grown complex, new characters were introduced, and more of the recurring plot lines were revealed. Unfortunately, we still don't have characters who are as compelling as Candace or Doofenshmirtz, and probably never will, but they're doing enough with the premise that it won't be the one-trick pony I had feared it would become.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.