[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Domino and Valkyrie are "diverse"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 414
Thread images: 49

File: Valkyrie_Domino_Race.jpg (3MB, 4222x4150px) Image search: [Google]
Valkyrie_Domino_Race.jpg
3MB, 4222x4150px
In regards to all this "diversity" shit...

I'm tired of it, now Domino is going to be some chick named Zazie Beetz?

Can't find a hot white, now powder woman?

Blacks talked about "cultural appropriation" last year, but it's okay when they do it to Norse mythology?

Why can't Marvel just create new characters instead of ruining the ones that already exist?

Can't find a hot white Viking woman?
Also, what's wrong with showing some leg? Got to wear pants huh?
>>
>>90595955
I agree that this diversity push is stupid. Yes, diversity as a concept is awesome, but forcefully pushing it isn't the way to do it.

You want minority heroes to be famous? Make some movies about them.

>Blade
>Moon Knight
>White Tiger
>Ms. Marvel
>Silk

All could be great.

For the Domino thing, I'll reserve judgment until we see if she has white paint or not. Probably won't happen, but hey, maybe they want the controversy.
>>
File: misty_knight_vii.jpg (82KB, 395x384px) Image search: [Google]
misty_knight_vii.jpg
82KB, 395x384px
Why didn't they just drop in Misty Knight?
Afraid of the FRO I guess?
Had to replace Domino huh?
>>
>>90596159
>Blade
>>
>>90595955
>Blacks talked about "cultural appropriation" last year, but it's okay when they do it to Norse mythology?
>Thor
>Having anything to do with Norse mythology other than their names
You lost me here man.

If anything Thor had already been culturally appropriated in 1962.
>>
>>90596619
Modern movies, sorry. The Blade trilogy was banging, but most people have forgotten them.
>>
>>90595955
Fuck Off you racist twat.
>>
> that image

So... they wanted to put Valkyrie in pants, which she has worn before? What's the problem, then?
>>
On the plus side, Zazie Beetz was hot as hell in Altanta
>>
>>90595955
So when the news hit, I was having a chat with my buddy and smoking a bowl. After a few hits I said, "Heh, I bet 4chan is crying over this. Not just the politically incorrect 4chan, the comic fans." So my buddy made a bet, it's almost like a "dead pool".

We set up a google calendar and made picks, the first moment there isn't a thread about people crying over "Blackwashing" or "Diversity" specifically calling out Zazie's casting, then we see who won. I have faith. I went long, I didn't pick a single day before next Thursday. I know you guys have it in your hearts to impotently rage about things that don't effect the real world for at least a week. AT LEAST. An entire pizza is on the line here. Keep the hate up, "true believers".
>>
>>90596159
Representation is not 'forcefully pushing' you total fucking retard
>>
File: 1385662391465.jpg (15KB, 300x311px) Image search: [Google]
1385662391465.jpg
15KB, 300x311px
>>90595955
In regards to the OP's persistent shit, I'm sick of it.

Go bother >>>/pol/ with it.
>>
>>90597066
No, but constantly racebending characters is, you stupid cocksmuggler.
>>
Domino is white.
>>
>>90597048
And you keep obsessing over nerds on the internet as a means to feel superior to them.
>>
>>90595955
Those women are biracial not black

These movie studios keep race bending to mixed chicks not actual black women
>>
>>90595955
>Blacks talked about "cultural appropriation" last year, but it's okay when they do it to Norse mythology?

Blacks literally aren't in the position to do this for one. The other issue seems to be your misunderstanding of what "Culture Appropriation" means. However this is to be expected as you also believe in what the SJWs preach.

Culture Appropriation occurs when an individual invites himself into another's culture, fail to cite clear influences of said culture, in hopes of profiting himself. This also can fall into an individual discrediting said people or just plain out not acknowledging said people who formed the culture.

>Why can't Marvel just create new characters instead of ruining the ones that already exist?

Literally know nothing about these 2 yet. Don't even know how this will translate to the big screen.

>Also, what's wrong with showing some leg? Got to wear pants huh?

This, however, is a fair point. But one should also acknowledge, this is one of MANY interpretations of this character. Treat it was such, because creators will always have political bias or leaning when it comes to their work.
>>
>>90597222
Yes. Did you have a question?
>>
>Blacks talked about "cultural appropriation" last year
What happened? The only cultural appropriation thing right now is Ironfist. Plus Valkyrie's actress is part hispanic and white.
>>
>>90597251
Same diff in America. They ID as Black they're black. People can only whine about you being too white if you're playing an ugly black woman.
>>
>>90596252
Because Misty is owned by Disney while Deadpool is Fox produced.
>>
>>90595955
>but it's okay when they do it to Norse mythology?
I stopped giving a crap when Thor became blond instead of a red head

Now fuck off /pol/
>>
>>90597318
I dunno I can tell a mixed person from a black person

the one drop rule needs to die
>>
>>90597305
Nah just keep up the good work you're an inspiration like that guy who gets into debates on /pol/ by responding to troll graphs.
>>
>>90595955
Hogun is Asian so I'll let this slide
>>
>>90597305
>>90597305
>Yes. Did you have a question?

What kind of unfunny comeback is that? Are you a woman by any chance?
>>
>>90597382
Well it never will because nobody wants it to die, so deal with it.
>>
>>90597382
>the one drop rule needs to die
t. Somebody with one drop.
>>
>>90596159
Wait a min. Isn't Moon Knight white?
>>
>>90597407
Nice try, Shareblue. Everyone knows shills are forced to buy their keyboards by the button from their masters and cheap out on the punctuation marks.
>>
> sex appeal is "borderline sexist"
And yet you showed your ass off in Westworld.
Hypocrite bitch.

> "What is a strong look?"
> "Like, she should probably be in pants"
Really?
Because people loved Dejah Thoris in John Carter as a strong female & she had bare legs (which her actress Lynn Collins actually championed for)
Your a shallow sham doing this for money, you don't give a fucking damn about the character or the people who love her.
>>
>>90597423
It wasn't meant to be funny.

No.

Still taking questions.
>>
>>90597471
No he wears white
>>
>>90597021
you are fucking retarded
>>
>>90597539
>No.

>Still taking questions.

Why do you lie on the internet about your sexual identity?
>>
>>90596159
>I agree that this diversity push is stupid. Yes, diversity as a concept is awesome, but forcefully pushing it isn't the way to do it.

I will never understand how having diversity in anyway is "forcing it", considering this isn't any kind of a challenge to creators to bend the race of the character.

The case isn't "We want more famous minority heroes." The case is "We want more minorities in this project. It's not a hassle to bend the race so, let's do it."
>>
>>90597539
Rei or Asuka?
Sam Alexander or Dick Rider?
Ham or Eggs?
4chan/co or 8ch/co?
Moot or Hiro? explain your reasoning for this one.
>>
>>90597621
Forcing it as in
"You're forcibly making this diverse by changing shit about established characters because you can't come up with your own shit."
>>
>>90597605
I haven't made any statements about my sexual identity. Gender and sexuality have nothing to do with each other. I sexually identify as a "Fictionalsexual." I can only achieve orgasm when thinking about sexy cartoons and comics.

Still not being funny, please don't discriminate against my sexuality
>>
>>90597748
>because you can't come up with your own shit."
Coming up with new characters that stick is pretty hard for the big two. But they already have characters that are minority, but never push them and prefer to go with the legacy shit.

Monica Rambeu should've been the YASS queen desu senpai.
>>
>>90597777
>Still not being funny
You got that right, desu.
>>
>>90597748
It's a bit ironic, from the sounds of it, Valkyrie doesn't have dick to do with Valkyrie either so she could've just been named whatever without the controversy though they probably want the controversy.
>>
>>90597748
But in that case it would still be pushing diversity just to push it. Which ultimately makes it no different.
>>
>>90597706
Neither. Misato
Never read Sam, so Dick by default
Eggs.
4 4eva
Moot, because it's like old coke and not like new coke Hiro.
>>
>>90597827
Thanks, me too
>>
>>90597865
>4 4eva
Did you come from reddit, 9gag or tumblr?
>>
Lets face it, Lads. If Marvel were to do a King Arthur adaptation today, Sir Lancelot would be a black man.
>>
>>90597915
reddit, never used the other two. also never used a chan outside of 4chan
>>
>>90597777
Silly woman, there are only two genders. Nobody give two shits about your snowflake sexual identity.
>>
casting a black woman to play Domino is like casting a black man to play Joker. They have bleached white skin ffs.
>>
File: 0GRHaBj.jpg (114KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
0GRHaBj.jpg
114KB, 640x960px
>>90597823
That's what I meant.
They're too lazy to come up with new minorities, while ALSO too lazy to come up with situations in which they can use the current minorities.

So they just "Dude race change lmao."

>>90597829
"We can't just make up new characters! That's stupid! Piss off comic fans, instead."

>>90597859
There's a difference between adding diversity
>What if we had Bishop be in the Deadpool movie? He might clash heads with Cable, create tension, and we can cast a black actor. He's fairly similar to DP, Cable, and Dom so they might mesh well as a unit.
And forcing it
>Dude fuck it, just make Domino black.

>>90597919
So you be sayin...
>>
>>90597968
Well, I got quads, so I'm right. Sorry, honey.
>>
>>90597960
Interesting.

Thanks for your participation.
>>
>>90597291
doesn't the modern version of Valkyrie normally wear pants now anyways? They could of given her pants and still followed the overall design of her character. Movie Valkyrie is so bland and basic she looks like an extra in the background
>>
File: 620.jpg (34KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
620.jpg
34KB, 620x372px
>>90597984
Remeber what happned when they casted a white man to play Michael Jackson?

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/jan/13/sky-pulls-broadcast-of-show-that-cast-white-actor-as-michael-jackson-joseph-fiennes-urban-myths
>>
>>90597919
>Arthur literally cucked by a nigger
>a nigger is responsible for camelots downfall
That's perfect
>>
>>90597471
He's Jewish.
>>
>>90597995
Well yeah Comic fans are a minority, the ones that care about this moreso, but execs like characters in name only.
>>
File: knope.jpg (59KB, 632x332px) Image search: [Google]
knope.jpg
59KB, 632x332px
>>90598074
>blaming Lancelot and not Elaine
>>
File: 1483373127576.png (142KB, 304x400px) Image search: [Google]
1483373127576.png
142KB, 304x400px
>>90597777
>>90598020
checked
>>
>>90597995
>There's a difference between adding diversity
There's legitimately no difference.

1. It's all in the name of diversity
2. Domino is a fictional character who's skin color matters fuck all so having her be black not only fits the artist's vision, but also meets his agenda of casting who he wants and feels will be best suited.
>>
>>90598099
Jewish is a religion

There are white Jews, black Jews, middle eastern Jews, etc
>>
>>90595955

Who is they? Blacks are doing this or is the heads at Marvel doing this?
>>
>>90598160
>who's skin color matters fuck all
It matters because it is the single iconic visual trait the character has. Its like taking the S off Superman.
>>
>>90598161
Isn't it both a race and a religion?
>>
>>90598160
>There's legitimately no difference.
Wrong.

>>90598160
>Domino is a fictional character who's skin color matters fuck all[...]
Oh fuck off with this gay shit yet again.
She's a fictional Caucasian character. Eat my ass, nigger.
>>
>>90598160
it's not real diversity if its just white women and black people
>>
>>90598059
Seems like the Jackson """""""""""family """""""" was more triggered than anybody else.
>>
>>90598161
he's full on jewish, father is a rabbi and shit
>>
File: 1423755495517.png (807KB, 982x980px) Image search: [Google]
1423755495517.png
807KB, 982x980px
>Brexit and Trump won, right wing and nationalist movements on the rise, in America libshits getting beaten with sticks, and now almost everyone hates rapefugees, whole world is slowly uncucking itself
>Marvels doubles down on removing whites from their movies to try to combat this
If that's really the only thing they can do I say let them do it, it's hilarious to watch them aggressively blow bubbles at the wall
>>
>>90598225
No, I mean in terms of the actress. The actress ca literally be any color and the story won't be any different.

>>90598267
Nice argument. Try to prevent this from happening by going down to marvel and saying this.
>>
>>90598235
No, the original Israelites all got assimilated in the Jewish diaspora, or stayed and became Muslim
>>
I don't care if they change the characters like this in the films. Doing it in the comics is crossing the line, though, and demonstrates a completely lack of respect and appreciation for both the characters and property and for the readers themselves, who are being treated like a bunch of dumb monkeys who will slap their hands and make seal noises for being pandered to.

You'd be surprised how often Social Justice/Diversity pandering doesn't work.
>>
>>90598267
Ignoring all other examples isn't going to stop this. By ignoring korean and Chinese swaps for Japanese characters and so on, just continues this practice and china's influence on casting
>>
>>90598322
This is fox anon. What were they trying to say when they made Trask white again or casting a Hispanic as an Egyptian?
>>
>>90598363
>Diversity pandering doesn't work.
I mean it worked for Marvel in the past, why would they not think it wouldn't work for them now?

I want you to reread that question before answer by the way. Because I, myself, am not saying it works, i'm saying why wouldn't they think it wouldn't work when they have successfully pulled it out throughout their publication history?
>>
>make white characters
>everyone likes them
>suddenly, SJWs
>make black characters
>no one likes them
>make white characters black
>no one likes them anymore
>go bankrupt/give up comics and become a movie studio
>>
>>90598453
Because their comic sales shit the bed every time they push some new liberal meme?
>>
>>90598458
wat
>>
>>90598458
They were rocking with the movies before this. They also had well doing black characters and also have characters white to black that are successful.
>>
>>90598486
Couldn't have to do with how bad they're integrating it compared to the past?
>>
File: [Laughter Stops[.png (331KB, 600x431px) Image search: [Google]
[Laughter Stops[.png
331KB, 600x431px
>The characters that get race-swapped or have their movie adaption changed to some gay shit are always your favourites.
Every time.

Just fuck my shit up, boys.

>>90598518
>and also have characters white to black that are successful.
Name five that aren't Nick Fury.
>>
>not getting a qt jap girl to play domino

and you were getting better, fox
>>
>>90598486
1. Marvel has always pushed a leftist agenda. Nothing new, which begs the question why are you even reading Marvel at this point?

2. Reread the question. Though WE can clearly see it doesn't work, why would they not do what they've been doing their entire publication thinking it would pay off? You take risk as a business. Sometimes they work out great, sometimes they don't. As a business you never know until you try.
>>
>>90598572
>Jap
They want the chinbux so that's not gonna happen
>>
>>90595955
Because /pol/ tards go "black people never invented or did anything worthwhile". If you're gonna ape someone's shit, at least admit to it being good shit. Nobody is claiming the Norse were worthless as a people with the same frequency.
>>
>>90598554
>>and also have characters white to black that are successful.
Blade, Luke Cage, Storm, Black Panther(Btoh in the past and recently) and War Machine.
>>
>>90598597
>why are you even reading Marvel at this point?
Because they're enjoyable when they stop pushing some meme and just write about my fucking mutants doing mutant shit without ~feminism~ or ~gay rights~ or ~fat acceptance~ or whatever the new meme of the year is.

>>90598636
>Blade
>Storm
>Black Panther
What.
>>
>>90595955
But these decisions are being made white people. That black director for fantastic four was more faithful in spirit than the one made by the Jewish director. At he tried to make jessica alba look white
>>
>>90598597
>Though WE can clearly see it doesn't work, why would they not do what they've been doing their entire publication thinking it would pay off?
Because I'm a faggot nerd on a computer and can clearly see it's not working. I would imagine that dudes getting paid to check if it's working would see that it's not?
>>
>>90595955
It's a comic book character loosely based on Norse mythology.
>>
>>90598453
Marvels pandering attempts failed, though.
>>
File: 1424978400419.jpg (118KB, 460x350px) Image search: [Google]
1424978400419.jpg
118KB, 460x350px
>>90598322
>Brexit and Trump won, right wing and nationalist movements on the rise
>Can't even win a popular vote, already getting exposed as pedophiles and murdering maniacs, being suppressed by actual conservatives who they put in power because dumb shit like wasting money to build a giant wall doesn't fly by them
You got manipulated by politicians who saw you as an opportunity and will now dump you. Congrats.
>>
>>90598707
>What.
My bad I thought you said waht black characters.

Note; we're not arguing comics here. We're talking about screen translations. In tv shows and movies there have been great efforts of this happening.

Even still, many legacies often receive love from a wide range of fans.
>>
Zazzie Beatz is hot. Atlanta is a good show. Doesnt bother me at all. The Valkyrie one tho...damn this modern world.
>>
>>90598921
Brexit was justified, though. The European Union is corrupt and unfair beyond belief.
>>
File: 131955372742.png (131KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
131955372742.png
131KB, 300x300px
I'm tired, man. I used to spend hours debating shit, I'd love it. Now I don't even want to think about it, no matter how much logic and good sense we put out, their feelings and stupidity is unstoppable.
I'm sick of this double standards racism. I'm so tired of all this shit.
Even on /co/ there's retarded assholes defending these kind of bullshit 24/7.
I'm done.
>>
>>90595955
Disgusting and stupid Casting desicions

What a shame especially for valkyrie she can be a thing and lead to the defenders with strange and hulk
>>
>>90598602
It's amazing how all the blame for either the lack or excess of Diversity falls on the very much white producers, and the US in general, as opposed to the Chinese, who as a matter fact don't like or want black people in movies. They are the ones who should be accused Anybody have the Chinese version of The Force Awakens poster? How come liberals didn't react to that?
>>
File: stans soap box.jpg (260KB, 667x1200px) Image search: [Google]
stans soap box.jpg
260KB, 667x1200px
>>90598707
>Because they're enjoyable when they stop pushing some meme and just write about my fucking mutants doing mutant shit without ~feminism~ or ~gay rights~ or ~fat acceptance~ or whatever the new meme of the year is.

See this is relatively personal taste. Because jsut as you hate it, someone could equally love it. On top of that, the mutant struggle had been retconned to be a reflection of the Civil Rights movement decades ago.

>Because I'm a faggot nerd on a computer and can clearly see it's not working. I would imagine that dudes getting paid to check if it's working would see that it's not?

Because you can see it like this, does not mean the creator believes he isn't doing anything different from the man before him. Again risks have to be taken in the industry.

>>90598861
Nope. Luke Cage himself was created to pander. The X-men pandered and sided with the left decades ago. Stan himself often voiced politics and pandered leftism back in the day and many fans brought up the same arguments.
>>
>>90595955
>being this buttmad
>>
>>90598971
I legitimately don't know enough about Europe and Britain to be honest, I was mostly commenting on American politics which is such a self-destructive shitshow.
>>
>>90599045
Not to mention Jack Kirby himself was a huge liberal back in the day.
>>
>>90598921
You can't see the forest for the trees. The failings of the Trump administration in governance don't negate the reaction against neoliberalism and globalism expressed by pluralities of the population in places all over the West.
>>
>>90599029
accused of racism and Erasure*

Stupid phone...
>>
>>90599086
>wishful thinking
Face it, you're the definition of a vocal minority. Trump didn't even win because of you! Working class people got him there.
>>
File: Ult Parker.jpg (61KB, 258x508px) Image search: [Google]
Ult Parker.jpg
61KB, 258x508px
>>90599045
No, no, see, that's where things are different.

I don't mind the mutants doing the mutant acceptance thing, because I don't turn on the T.V. and see
>AYO I GOT THREE FUCKIN' ARMS AND I DESERVE NIGGAS WITH 3 ARMS IN MOVIES FUCK YOU TWO-ARM CUNTS!

Mutants struggling to have people stop treating them like shit while they're busy optic blasting each other to smithereens can be enjoyable.
I don't hate liberal politics. I just fucking hate liberal politics, if you know what I mean by that.
I don't want to open up a comic or a movie about people with claws, that shoot death beams from their eyeballs, webs out of their assholes, etc. and be greeted by
>"I AM A TRANS WOMAN AND THAT'S WHY YOU HATE ME ISN'T IT?"
>"REMEMBER TRUMP? I BET TRUMP HATES FUCKING GAY MUTIES!"
Like, no.
People hate you because you're a fucking asshole. Keep this shit out of the comics.

If you want to do politics in comics, MAKE SHIT UP. Don't fucking turn on CNN and then swap "Black" with mutant, because 9/10 times you're too shit of an author to make it not shit.

I also don't approve of race swapping.
>>
>>90599045
Both Storm and Black Panther were also created to pander. Turned out great.

Falcon was also another one where the writers wanted to make Cap more inclusive. There became a push to pander towards certain demographics throughout the years.

Hell desu Star Trek, one of the greatest shows of all time, had a diverse cast, exclusively because the writers wanted to pander. Hell some actors even stayed on the show because of this.

For some reason people assume Pander = Bad, we got some cool shit outta it.
>>
People getting mad in this thread forget Domino has literally the most forgettable fucking face in history outside of the monochrome skin and patch.

Call me if they don't do it as makeup or if they remove the patch. THEN it's not faithful to the comics.
>>
>>90599211
Pandering can be fine. It's when you go full retard with pandering that people hate it.

Good Idea:
>Pandering via inventing new characters for representation.

Bad Idea:
>Pandering via changing a character in to a completely different character out of the blue.

The first example is good because not only does it pander, it doesn't harm anybody else.
The second example is a shit idea because, while it does pander, it also steps on characters other people enjoyed, that were possibly pandering to them. You've essentially told one customer that they're worth less to you than another.

An example would be Wolvering and X-23.
>Hm. It seems people like Wolverine. What if there was a female Wolverine to pander to women and people that like female characters more?
>Great idea. Should we sex-swap Wolverine?
>No, make a new character that's similar.
Ta-dah!
>>
File: 1488875439796.png (47KB, 195x172px) Image search: [Google]
1488875439796.png
47KB, 195x172px
>>90599311
>People getting mad in this thread forget [CHARACTER] has literally the most forgettable fucking [FEATURE] in history outside of the [CHARACTER TRAIT].
>>
>>90599115
>workers
>unaffected by global trade
Sure thing bucko.
>>
>>90599115
Because it's precisely the working class that was sick and tired of limousine liberals and overzealous college students in the coasts ignoring the current economic problems in the country in favor of starting big, meaningless fuss all the time over nothing problems like representation for made-up genders and justifying black crime.
>>
>>90599362
>Greentext

disappointedmasseffectchar.jpg

I mean it's not like we can affect it at this point, and the first movie was good, so why not, I dunno, have some faith?

Again, if they just make her Zazie Beetz as 'Domino' (In name only), then that's going to piss me off. But if it's just Black!Domino with makeup or the patch around her eye at least then.

>Shrug

I'm fine with it.
>>
>>90599425
Workers sure as hell don't care about "neoliberalism" when they also overwhelmingly voted for Sanders. All they wanted was jobs and someone to stand up to Wall Street. You're clinging to straws.
>>
>>90599029
The fast and the furious movies make loads in China and have a ton of non whites in lead roles so you're very wrong there
>>
>>90599471
It's very hard to have faith in a movie when the first thing going in to it is
>Gee, they race-swapped my favourite X-Force member. I can't wait!
>>
>>90599328
>Pandering can be fine. It's when you go full retard with pandering that people hate it.

See that's all relative to your taste, because even still it's not completely "Throw in the trash" tier seeing how I personally enjoyed Idris Elba in Thor.

>>Pandering via changing a character in to a completely different character out of the blue.

We know fuck all about the background of these characters yet. All we know is they're of a different race.

>The second example is a shit idea because, while it does pander, it also steps on characters other people enjoyed

We already established that pandering isn't the issue. People jsut seem to have an issue with bad writing.

>it also steps on characters other people enjoyed, that were possibly pandering to them.

Pandering =/= adapting. It's not pandering when you're simply adapting a character from the comic. On top of that, there have been plenty of times where a cahracter who still remains his original race, has had his background change up the ass but still somehow beloved by a general audience. Not only are they not making the character the hero the comic geeks wanted, they're taking a risk by doing something different.

>You've essentially told one customer that they're worth less to you than another.

Wanting to be inclusive should not come off as a spit in your face and if Marvel wants to do it with the characters they own, then they have every single right to.

On top of that. X-23 Wolverine is literally a legacy character. Meaning she's still her own character under the mantle of Wolverine. Something traditionally have been done since the 60's. Heroes have always passed down their crowns to other characters.
>>
>Autism: The thread
>>
>>90599556
Listen, this thread is already crumbling into a political debate around us.

All I'll say is I never really thought her race was that explicit. I felt it was a lot more ambiguous, and again until we know exactly what choices they make for costume/hair/etc then all we have is a name and a face.

I'll probably be pissed if they lose the eye patch, because then all you have is random woman who's supposedly Domino.
>>
>>90597180
Chalk White in fact. Meaning they can just paint her fucking face and call it a day. Also nobody but retards give a shit about this. Like nobody gave a shit about Edris Elba in thor, like nobody gives a shit about this new chick in Thor, like Nobody gives a shit about this chick playing Domino.

Hate to break it to you
>>
>>90599494
Sanders was a social democrat, Hillary was the neoliberal. The fact you put it in quotes shows you don't know shit.

http://www.salon.com/2016/10/04/the-lefts-best-bet-hillary-clinton-not-trump-in-the-white-house-will-prove-the-necessity-for-a-progressive-agenda/
>>
File: ifjt3kiycwrfqmqu1gdu.jpg (54KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
ifjt3kiycwrfqmqu1gdu.jpg
54KB, 800x450px
>>90599029
>How come liberals didn't react to that?
Pretty sure they did, but the whole thing is bullshit considering they put will smith on china's after earth poster. China would rather see a korean or will smith than a Tibetan or a Japanese actor. I think that might be the reason some of these Korean actors ended up playing Japanese characters.
>>
>>90599624
I think you completely misunderstood my post, mate. Especially the last bit.
I didn't mean her taking his mantle. I meant how she's literally Wolverine: Vagina edition, essentially.

>>90599731
I care, get fucked.
>>
>>90599624
I have a feeling the background of the characters will be the same, but who knows.
If Thor starts swapping spit with Valkyrie...shits a problem.
Odin should come down and say its an abomination.
>>
>>90599676
I'm not autistically screeching yet, you haven't seen nothing.
>>
>>90599788
>I didn't mean her taking his mantle. I meant how she's literally Wolverine: Vagina edition, essentially.

But she's not. She's an established character taking on the mantle of a guy who has been her mentor for a few years now. Or a character who has taken on the identity of another hero because they idolized them. In other terms they're like a large portion of the DC universe like the Teen Titans(Who are just their older counterparts with teen issues) as well as Marvel like the Young Avengers.
>>
>>90599788
Of course you care, you're an autist. But most people without mental defects wont really give a shit about their being a Black chick painted chalk White. Kinda like they don't give a shit about an Afro Dominican chick painted Green or Blue depending on movie
>>
>>90596787
So he turned black in the 60's?
>>
>>90599930
He turned AmerKKKan
>>
>>90599927
As far as I recall, quite a few people cared about Gamora's actress being green.

>>90599896
>But she's not. She's an established character taking on the mantle of a guy who has been her mentor for a few years now.
I know that because I've been reading X-23 and X-Men for a long time.
You know that probably from a similar reasoning.
Casualfags glancing at comics wouldn't know that.
>>
>>90597308
>What happened? The only cultural appropriation thing right now is Ironfist. Plus Valkyrie's actress is part hispanic and white

They REEEEEEE-D all over that kid with the dreads
>>
File: chan3.jpg (82KB, 761x960px) Image search: [Google]
chan3.jpg
82KB, 761x960px
For hell's sake, why has this board devolved into a bunch of beta cry babies? Seriously, though!

>I'm tired of it, now Domino is going to be some chick named Zazie Beetz?

Waaah! Domino is going to be played by a black chick! Oh no! My childhood is ruined because movies care about reaching an entire audience not just the pale selection of sheltered geeks. Oh boo hoo!

>Can't find a hot white, now powder woman?

Oh wow, look at you basking in self-pity and doubt.As if this choice in casting is going to have some long term effect that is going to ruin the world! Oh no, they cast someone is isn't white. Ahaaahhhahahh! The world is ending!

Just wow. Just be glad they're not totally portraying the Norse gods as they were in actual history. You know, the whole raping and pillaging thing wouldn't work all too well for the average comic book reader.

So what if they cast a black actress to play a character that ultimately didn't really matter anyway.

>Why can't Marvel just create new characters instead of ruining the ones that already exist?

Because people like you are only attracted to legacy characters. New characters take years to build up. Tons of intro time and yadda yadda yadda. Legacy characters have the power of your nostalgia. That's the reason it works.

>Can't find a hot white Viking woman?
Also, what's wrong with showing some leg? Got to wear pants huh?

Waaah! Waaah! Waaah!
>>
>>90600091
>iron twink got chased off twitter by a single obnoxious sjw
He deserves it.
>>
>>90600063
>As far as I recall, quite a few people cared about Gamora's actress being green.

Right.

And that's retortid.
>>
>>90599731
If white people shouldn't appropriate native symbols like head dress or muthafuckin hoop earrings from mestizas (http://claremontindependent.com/pitzer-college-ra-white-people-cant-wear-hoop-earrings/) because culture is so fucking sacred, then why is it ok for any non-European person to portray a representation of a very specific European culture? Even skewed thru Kirbys scifi/pulp lense, is the cultural antecedent, and therefore the double standard, not screechingly obvious?
>>
Marvel isn't Norse Mythology. They already appropriated Norse Mythology.
>>
>>90600107
>It's this fag again.
Where's your crying baby pictures?

>Because people like you are only attracted to legacy characters.
NOT MY LEGACY CHARACTER.
If you dislike the fucking bitching about it, don't open the threads you fucking ignorant retard.
>>
>>90600107
9/10
>>
>>90600177
>NOT MY LEGACY CHARACTER
>NOT MY LEGACY CHARACTER
>NOT MY LEGACY CHARACTER
>NOT MY LEGACY CHARACTER
>NOT MY PRESIDENT
>>
>>90600063
>Casualfags glancing at comics wouldn't know that.

Then he'd have to read to better understand the character instead getting pissy and assuming she's a clone copy. I mean there's a background about her stepping to the name and all.
>>
>>90598059
Apparently whites don't complain enough.
>>
>>90600142
>If white people shouldn't appropriate native symbols like head dress or muthafuckin hoop earrings from mestizas (http://claremontindependent.com/pitzer-college-ra-white-people-cant-wear-hoop-earrings/)
That article is literally just about some graffiti in some nowhere college you autistic fuck.

Get a better cause.
>>
File: yellow.png (270KB, 776x636px) Image search: [Google]
yellow.png
270KB, 776x636px
>>90600142
>If white people shouldn't appropriate native symbols like head dress or muthafuckin hoop earrings from mestizas
They can and they should be allowed to. It's a specific group that gets triggered over that kind thing.
>>
>>90600142
Oh please Thor movies are "Norse Mythology" the way that Evangelion is Christian M,mythology. They are basically space aliens, so who gives a shit
>>
>>90600142
Also
>getting butthurt over "hoop earrings"

Fuck off.
>>
>>90598209
Marvel hired the "diverse" director, and it was his choice, so who knows.
Complaint still applies, just create a new character.
Call her Blackyrie.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (155KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
155KB, 1920x1080px
>>90600231
But that was literally because white people were complaining, specially his """""""""son"""""""".
>>
>>90600291
Not really. Eva only used the names. Thor is using actual concepts and characters, though both are technically cultural appropriation.
>>
>>90600224
I think you misunderstood yet again, my man.
>>
>>90600267
All I'm asking for is a little consistency. >>90600234
Kys faggot
>>
>>90598059
One is literally a fictional character and the other actually existed. So yeah false equivalency there , kid
>>
>>90600341
>Call her Blackyrie.
Because she's Black get it?
>>
>>90600341
>Māori
Maybe he likes ambiguous brown chicks who are white/black/hispanic all at the same time.
>>
>>90600331
I agree, mestizas getting butthurt that some white girl wears hoop earrings is indeed stupid.
>>
File: chan5.png (3MB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
chan5.png
3MB, 1200x900px
>>90600177
>If you dislike the fucking bitching about it, don't open the threads you fucking ignorant retard.

I gotta check in from time to time, just to see how overly sensitive people like you are. You're the entire reason why we can't get any new idea's in comic books. Your type is always crying about any kind of change or alteration. It's pathetic and if you really thought about this, you'd realize how stupid it is to complain about our hobby and love for comics actually becoming a part of the mainstream.

Instead, your type is always stuck in the group think the mentality of "everything must stay the same!" as if these characters are sacred or holy. To me, these complaints are riddled with a type of fanaticism that's akin to a religious zealot.
>>
>it's fictional so it doesn't matter!
>what's this, this variant shows Joker taunting completely traumatized Barbara Gordon after he shot her and supposedly sexually assaulted her? UNNACEPTABLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
I'd have had Domino pegged for Latina, more than anything.
>>
>>90600442
You're actually the reason nothing new happens in comic books. Because they just have to black an existing character and faggots like you will eat it up.
>>
>>90600442
>Palette swaps are new ideas
>>
File: monochrome.jpg (376KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
monochrome.jpg
376KB, 683x1024px
>There's also already a precedent for a black woman appearing as Domino.

Yeah it's cosplay but if someone can do this on a budget and not have Tumblr all over their asses I think FOX can manage.
>>
>>90600442
>I literally don't care about the characters at all: the post.
Great to know, faggot.
>>
>>90598235
Yes, due to marriage practices there is a distinct race that practices judaeism.
>>
File: 117175456446.jpg (92KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
117175456446.jpg
92KB, 384x313px
>>90600493
Just Copycat apparently. Maybe they'll do something unexpected with both those characters in the movies
>>
>>90600493
Whatever she is she has chalk White skin so at the end of the day it doesn't really matter. The actress is attractive , paint her White and call it a day.
>>
>>90600568
She's brown so she put white make up and it just looks like regular white people skin. lol
>>
>>90600493
i thought she was Asian
>>
>>90600611
>paint her White and-
You have a shitstorm.
>>
>>90600568
I don't think anyone cares what fox does at this point
>>
>>90600234
It's representative of a trend
https://youtu.be/jDlQ4H0Kdg8
>>
>>90600644
From who? The Albinos?
>>
>>90600653
>Beast wasn't played by a blue furry fraiser in the more recent movies
But that was a heinous crime indeed.
>>
File: oh no she's black!.jpg (133KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
oh no she's black!.jpg
133KB, 1200x600px
>>90600522
Give me one well thought reason why comic book characters can't be updated to fit a modern day audience, without alienating the other 30% of the minorities that actually live in America.

LoL, your excuse is going the thing of legend.
>>
>>90600644
Was there a shitstorm over Halle Berry in Cloud Atlas? Is there a shitstorm right now? People already know what the character looks like now with the recent announcements.
>>
>>90600704
Liberals.
>>
>>90600644
>>90600704
You know, I think this is all stupid too, but I could see someone in some dark corner of the internet getting galled that people could find a black woman attractive when she's literally painted white. Like literal whitewashing. I'm not sure if I'm worried about that or if it sounds hilarious.
>>
>>90600704
>>90600739
>HOW DO YOU WHITIES DARE TO PAINT A PROUD BLACK WOMAN WHITEEE!!!!!
>>
>>90600729
>Give me one well thought reason why comic book characters can't be updated to fit a modern day audience
Because they're already established characters?

Are you a fucking retard, mate?
>>
>>90600729
There is no excuse. You see, however, making a character a woman or a black or a muslim isn't updating and does not fit a modern audience.
It's called pandering and it's seen as terribly bad writing.
>>
>>90600739
Just you wait, bud.
>>
File: 0NFkcz.jpg (504KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
0NFkcz.jpg
504KB, 1600x1200px
>>90600763
Not black but I sure did when Jessica "cry prettier" Alba was cast as Sue Storm back in the first F4 Fox movie.
>>
>>90600891
>Dude what if we constantly cast women that can't fucking act in the leading roles?

Is Hollywood a fucking meme?
>>
File: monochrome2.jpg (587KB, 795x1200px) Image search: [Google]
monochrome2.jpg
587KB, 795x1200px
>>90600653
Y'know I'd ask why this board is always so nihilistic about stuff but then I'd be a hypocrite.

Plus look at Domino in the newest Uncanny X-men annual. She's a lot more racially ambigous in that one.
>>
>>90600107
Nah, you're the beta if you don't think these things have long term consequences.

We'll all dissolve to one brown blob and one race targeted virus will wipe us all out.
>>
>>90600767
They had Idris Elba in evil white grey monster alien make up for most of Beyond. Same for The Amazing Spider-man 2. Black actor in white face makeup is generally received better than the opposite. I think some people will upset, but I don't think it'll be a huge shitstorm like ironfist
>>
>>90600729
If the lived experience of a minority is so markedly different from a white person that just being white conveys privileges unafforded to those minorities, then changing a character's ethnicity fundamentally alters the character. If the character is completely changed, why not make a new one? If the character is not changed then is it inauthentic or is the entire concept of ethnoprivilege bullshit?
>>
>>90595955
Diversity is not about adding, it's about replacing, primarily white men.
The less white, not in proportion just less, is better in their minds.
It's funny to see such a self destructive mindset, no other group of people in the planet would do this to themselves.
To take characters they have created and specifically superimpose another race onto them, to rewrite your own creations and culture, but then again white men=cucks after all. LOL.

The responses in this thread are ridiculous, live action cape shows and movies really bring out tumblr in droves, live action should have been moved to /tv/ when we had the chance, now tumblr infests /co/ even more, when the opportunity to drive them away existed.
>>
File: doom apoc.jpg (123KB, 960x953px) Image search: [Google]
doom apoc.jpg
123KB, 960x953px
>>90600568
>it's cosplay but if someone can do this on a budget and not have Tumblr all over their asses I think FOX can manage.
/co/ used to say the exact same shit for Fant4stic and X-Men: Apocalypse.

Deadpool did well precisely because Fox handed Reynolds a tip for a budget and told him to fuck off. Now that they're meddle directly with the sequel after the first movie hit the jackpot, who's to say they won't phone it in in the custome department like they did with Mystique as well?
>>
>>90600953
She was never racially ambiguous. Arguing she could be black shouldn't even have a place on this discussion, be she never was and everyone with a brain knows that.
The discussion should be "is it ok to do this?"

Some will say yes, some will say no.
>>
File: lol Sony(1).jpg (205KB, 1394x1442px) Image search: [Google]
lol Sony(1).jpg
205KB, 1394x1442px
>>90600945
>Is Hollywood a fucking meme?
I've been posting this pic very often recently.
>>
>>90600891
John Byrne hated that they cast a latina as his waifu. Full on REEEEEEE
>>
>>90599086
You do realize that the Trump Cabine have just posted solid growth in all fields right in terms, of jobs, the economy, ad lowering the debt right? Of course not, you're a salty lib who's upset you don't have your socialist utopia
>>
>>90601059
Well in plenty of depictions like Wade Wilson's war she sometimes has features that look hispanic, or clothing styles like that.

I'm not arguing she COULD be black in the comics, I'm arguing it really isn't as much of a stretch as people say it is for her to be one here.
>>
>>90601038
Guilt is a powerful tool.
We'll extinguish ourselves.
>>
>>90601102
John Byrne has no fucking business complaining about Sue's characterization.
>>
>>90600796
>Because they're already established characters?

You just don't get it, do you? There will hardly ever be a "new" character made that will be more liked than an already established one. No superhero will be more loved that Superman, Spider-Man...etc. However, minor established characters you can change up cinematically with ease.

If you want a franchise to succeed you have to appeal to all demographics. Especially, if the story takes place in the modern day. Now if this story took place in the 1700's and had blacks, Asians, Islanders, etc... all chilling in some London town drinking some brew and fighting crime, then ok... you'd have a point to make, i still wouldn't agree, but at least your argument would be more... sound.

But this, complaining about minor characters being cast with different races is just silly. Ultimately at the end of the day, it doesn't matter because both of the characters aren't even B-listers. Don't get me wrong I like both of them, but they're not main draws. Blame that on sexism, writing, or whatever the fact is, most people don't care.
>>
>>90600971
Blacks are more entitled than ever. I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

The Iron Fist fiasco is a complete no-sense considering Danny Rand has always been fucking white.
>>
>>90601051
That Doom is actually a statue.
>>
>>90601151
You sound like a fucking Jew.
>>
>>90600729
>without alienating the other 30% of the minorities that actually live in America.
Why the hell does the presence of white people in something, anything, automatically has to mean that non-whites are going to feel alienated? You think white people are liches that naturally exhude some unholy aura that saps non-whites' vitality?

>can't be updated to fit a modern day audience
In what way does changing somebody's race is related to "modern day audiences"? Last time I checked, people cannot change their race in real life, so racebending cannot be a representation of anything.
>>
>>90601051
That Apocalypse cosplay doesn't look that great though.
>>
>>90600729
Because the majority of people who see these movies in the US are white
>>
>>90595955
darn, I thought they were gonna get Janelle Monae
>>
>>90601107
I tried to couch my argument in language /co/mblr anons wouldn't reject outright. I'm on your side faggot
>>
>>90601151
Your argument holds no way because it's sustained on the premise that they're adapting them to last longer in a different world but all the numbers shows how much they are becoming less relevant and fading away the more changes they suffer.
Top seller books are always related to Batman, who hasn't changed much, while Marvel is on the edge of bankruptcy.
>>
>>90600891
spicfag here. For the longest time it didn't even occur to me that film!Sue was latina. Even after I bothered to check the names of the cast and saw "Jessica Alba" in it, I thought it was like a Cameron Díaz case. Sue in the film always did seem white to me.
>>
>>90601256
Sorry anon, it's been a long day.
>>
>>90601244
Exactly.
And that's just what some asshole was able to make from scrounging up some cash.
No big movie budget.
>>
I have major problems with valk being black.

I have virtually no problem with domino being black.

I literally don't give a fuck about either character in the grand scheme of things.

Probably would have gone to see Thor if Valkyrie was a hot white blonde chick though.
>>
>>90601281
Sorry, I meant "no weight". I'm typing like a blob.
>>
>>90601151
A lot of people care.
Valkyrie was top shit and hell of a piece of ass.
Plus blonde hair, blue eyes.
Now she looks dumpy in those images.

I wonder if you'd say the same thing if Harley Quinn ended up being some brown skin.

Domino ended up being a major character in X-Force, why do you think they are adding her to the cast?
Sure as heck wasn't Silver Sable.

Again, the texture swap is not creative.
>>
>>90601302
But the movie Apocalypse didn't look bad. They just needed a bigger guy to pull off the character.
>>
>>90601130
Can't hardly wait for the day.

Earth was better ruled by dinosaurs than by us.
>>
>>90601328
All reasonable opinions.
>>
File: 1440050772922.png (204KB, 394x523px) Image search: [Google]
1440050772922.png
204KB, 394x523px
>>90600729
I have never been alienated by a white person creating a white character, specially one based on a mythos from a completely white origin, I never will, I don't have a chip on my shoulder.
How could that possibly alienate me? If anything I would find it an insult, a slap to the face to be given "charity" when I never asked for it nor needed it and then the person who made that choice pats themselves on the back on how great a person they are.
Using me, or the idea of me to masturbate to their own morality.
If I ever want to see a person like me on the screen I would like it to be because I or someone like me, made it happen, you can't be given pride and self worth.
Sjws, specially white and black ones, really need to learn how empowerment actually comes about and is attained.
>>
>>90601168
These examples are all recent and the only thing triggering anyone is the fact the makeup DIDN'T get the recognition is deserved this year. Plus that movie had a brown North African painted white as well. Did that blackface episode of it's always sunny cause a huge shitstorm?
>>
>>90601328
I have a problem with Valkyrie as a whole being in there. They should just let Banner, Thor and Strange stop Ragnarok.
>>
>>90601377
How does it feel to be an uncle tom?
>>
>>90601020
To your first point: no it doesn't. Just being a minority character doesn't mean you have to write that character experiencing racial issues. That's kinda silly and trope-ish, but it's often used as a storytelling point. So I'll give ya that!

To your second point: New v/s Old. Old sells better and saves on all the background information that you'd have to introduce. New characters simply don't do sell well, when all they'll be compared to is a older better version of them. People will refer to them as, "Oh you mean that guy is basically a Spider-Man wanna be?" <-- then boom new char is identified as an older character clone and them they're pretty much doomed to that existence. Basically, that's time wasted.

To your third point: No comment, because that doesn't even make any sense. Seems like you copy and pasted it from anti-h ate something trendy site.

But yeah, I'm posting one or two things and then I'm out!
>>
>>90601357
We won't be extinct as a species, anon. Only whites will. Already happening, whites die more than they reproduce. Culturally we are being suppressed by a few minorities and mostly other whites being used by jews to have a "safer world". I know this seem like /pol/ talk but it's a direct quote from multiple powerful jewish people. Puppets are too dumb to do anything tho.
And I'll stop here before I get banned by /co/mblr.
>>
>>90601130
Well good luck with that, I know I wouldn't want anyone rewriting and usurping my culture.
>>
>>90601417
Ah, the classic "if you go against my narrative than fuck you dumb ape nigger, you should be lynched!"
>>
>>90601403
Yeah, we all wish they made good movies. But they don't. They keep setting up the good movie that's coming next. Except for Cap. Those are legit.

But in the absence of a good movie I'll take some pandering to me; a guy that likes white blonde women with fat titties encased in, and barely held back by, metal chest plates.
>>
>>90601417
This should be banned.

Also I love when racial groups btfo of entitled whites speaking for them.
>>
>>90601488
>But in the absence of a good movie I'll take some pandering to me
Kat Dennings as Whor when?!
>>
>>90601464
I always find it amazing how Israelites get away with acting and talking like nazis and nobody ever says anything.
>>
File: 4898798949848.jpg (6KB, 162x185px) Image search: [Google]
4898798949848.jpg
6KB, 162x185px
>>90601545
>>
>>90595955

I don't give a fuck about the racism discussion or what the fuck else is being discussed here, but man it triggers me something fierce when I read some shit by some 21st century american where they make a stupid fucking value judgment based on their judeo-christian based culture.

>This character should wear pants! Otherwise it's sexist!

Guess what, barely fucking any vikings wore fucking pants back in the day. They went to war and on travels in what amounded to hose in cold weather or barelegged in summer. Fuck off with your stupid lack of historical knowledge and stop trying to view everything through your modern-day lens.

Also as somebody already pointed out, the actress already did big-budget movies with nude scenes, so this kind of statement is even more shallow.

I mean I know it's literally just shit they puke out because their agent or the movie company think it'll make it sell better, but jesus.
>>
File: Domino!.jpg (42KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Domino!.jpg
42KB, 480x480px
>>90601185
Comic book people... aren't real. You can change their race, origin, place of birth. Because they've never been born. You don't have to worry about some iconic actor, director, etc... if you feel that making your product more associable with varying audiences will make you more money.

Anyways, I'm out!
>>
>>90601545
My god, anon. I really don't have time to be visiting /b/ right now but this hard on probably won't be going down after imaging that.
>>
>>90601569
It's easy, anon.

We kill the jews.
>>
>>90601417
Uncle Chan, most likely.
>>
File: 1484765709143.png (63KB, 592x492px) Image search: [Google]
1484765709143.png
63KB, 592x492px
>>90601519
>it's been happening in every single one of these threads so far
>>
>>90601417
So you don't have an argument
>>
>>90601417
I bet you also defend anti-snitching culture. Fucking nigger.
>>
>>90601464
I remember hearing about an anon who literally got perma banned form /co/ simply because he talked about Trump.
>>
>fiction people doesn't matter
>what's this? they drew a teen black girl in revealing clothes DELEEEEEEEEEET
>>
File: 4chan arguement.png (432KB, 800x355px) Image search: [Google]
4chan arguement.png
432KB, 800x355px
My only complaint about stunts like this is how it always brings out the most insufferable people from all sides.
>>
File: 12341324124.jpg (793KB, 1658x2468px) Image search: [Google]
12341324124.jpg
793KB, 1658x2468px
A-at least there's some people willing to say "fuck that" to all this progressiveness bullshit.

But for how long I wonder?
>>
File: perfecto.jpg (118KB, 405x343px) Image search: [Google]
perfecto.jpg
118KB, 405x343px
>>90601087
>we've certainly saved the brand
kek never change Sony
>>
>>90601706
1 2 B I L L I O N
B
I
L
L
I
O
N
>>
>>90601597
>Get btfo
>Bail
EVERY TIME
>>
>>90601357
Don't give up.

PICK UP YOUR SUFFERING AND BEAR IT
>>
>>90601699
I love that picture. He points that THEY are implying people of color are incompetent and can't make games, a stupid cunt reads it and in his head distorts as he is making that affirmation.
Progressivism is truly a state of dementia.
>>
>>90601597
>if you feel that making your product more associable with varying audiences will make you more money.
So you admit that the Diversity meme is but a quick and cheap cashgrab tactic to which producers pay lip service to...?
>>
>>90601417
Does uncle tom only apply to blacks?
Anyway, I don't want a white character remade for me, it doesn't give me any sense of pride or a feeling of progress, how could it? How could a completely separate group doing something give "my" group value or a sense of progress?
Explain to me what you think is gained by such a thing, I'm genuinely curious.
Because the only thing I see it as in some sense to try to even the score.
>>
>>90601903
I just loved that they tried to report him to the company without realizing he's the fucking founder of the company
>>
How many people complaining actually read comics?
And how many actually give a shit about these characters and don't just want to complain?
>>
>>90602082
Most complaining are the ones that read.
The ones complaining about the complainers never picked a comic book outside of using for taking an Instagram picture.
>>
>>90601441
>Just being a minority character doesn't mean you have to write that character experiencing racial issues.

Spot the clueless white
>>
>>90601087
>>2 billion in profit.

Man, people overestimate these superhero films.
>>
File: 1452624224879.gif (2MB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1452624224879.gif
2MB, 750x750px
>You will never be a big time director
>You will never be put on the Black Panther project
>You will never make the entire cast entirely white just to piss off SJW's
Why live?
>>
>>90602082
I spend money at the store every week faggot. Fuck a black Valkyrie and fuck Tonka Watitty.
>>
>>90601087
>Emma Stone as antagonist Carnage
>This leads INTO Venom
>She spells Louis differently every single time she types the name
Fucking lunatics
>>
Don't you autists ever get tired of this shit? You faggots post the same shit every time there is a casting like this. At what point do you stop giving a duck. I can't even be assed to argue in this threads anymore because of how often this happens.

Grow up and let it go /tv/tards.
>>
>>90602179
>watitty
this
>>
>>90602277
>it's a /tv/fag calls other people /tv/tards episode
>>
>>90602179
Please, can you even tell me what's Valkyries most recent appearance was?
Without doing a Google Search?
>>
>>90602365
Back to /tv/ with you.

Nobody gives a fuck about Domino and people definitely don't give a fuck about Valkyrie. Name the last time Valkyrie has been relevant.

I'll wait.
>>
File: valkyrie-155321.jpg (19KB, 655x369px) Image search: [Google]
valkyrie-155321.jpg
19KB, 655x369px
>>90601925
>So you admit that the Diversity meme is but a quick and cheap cashgrab tactic to which producers pay lip service to?

(Don't know how long I can babble on about this, waiting on phone call, but I'll talk for as long as I'm able.)

It's not cheap, it's just far more lucrative to appeal to a wider audience. So what is you lose a couple of oversensitive types who can't accept that when different types of media collide there will be some attrition that's shared between the both of the perspective mediums.

>>90601847
I got shit to do bro!

>>90601377
Ooook. Well, it's a good thing that people aren't all like you. For instance, I liked the New 52, sure there were things in it that I disliked immensely, but there were things that I also took a liking to. I liked it mostly because I had no idea what was going to happen. Then boom DC's Rebirth happened and every story has been predictable because all the characters are acting like classic versions of themselves. However, I got over it, because it all came down to money for DC. And being that their films have kinda sucked to the fans, DC had to make a choice and chose their fans and the cash.

Marvel hasn't had the problem of having to appeal to their core fans exclusively because of the success of their films, mainly because Marvel has always been about diversity and changing the status-quo.

So them altering races, origins, or whatever doesn't really bother me because it's not out of character for them. And financially it's worked out pretty well for them.

In fact, Iron Fist is being panned by some critics because it's no diverse enough. I mean, how's that for fair play.

haha!
>>
>>90602425
>Nobody gives a fuck about Domino
Spotted the /tv/ shit.
>>
>>90602425
>Nobody gives a fuck about Domino
Fuck off, faggot.
>>
>>90602425
Some of us at /co/ like reading comics and a big part of that is being fond of obscure underused characters, because writers have less chance to fuck them up.
Stop trying to twist this, /tv/ doesn't give a fuck about comic characters, they just want to masturbate over rotten tomatoes numbers.

"Fans care about characters??? WHY I'D NEVER...!"
>>
>>90602430
>i got shit to do
>first let me write a fucking dissertation to this anon sporting a sexy set dubs.
>>
>>90602371
That Cullen Bunn book, Fearless Defenders or whatever
>>
>>90602468
Go ahead and tell me when Domino was last relevant /tv/
>>
>/tv/tards pretending to be /co/ can't name the last time these two characters have been relevant

Kek.
>>
>>90602430
Serving a morally corrupt agenda is still corrupt, retard.
No one should have to restrict their artistic expression because critics are jews pushing progressive shit. Just the way you act so complacent to this shit... "iron fist is getting bomblasted because they didn't pander, serves them right", it's fucking disgusting. I can't help but wonder what kind of shit human being without real ideals and values you are.
You seriously make me disgusted at how morally evil you are.
>>
>>90602524
>Cites Fearless Defenders

That's not a good thing.
>>
>>90602538
X-Force :^)
>>
>>90595955
If they wanted to be diverse they could've at least got an eastern asian actress for Domino since on occasion she's drawn like that. But no """diversity""" of course means shove more black people in.
>>
>>90602612
I didn't say it was good, but it does meet the stipulated parameter of relevant/timely.
>>
>>90602701
It's doesn't count because nobody bought that shit.
>>90602660
Which was a long time ago.
>>
>>90602802
Damn I guess it's OK if Dom gets race-swapped then.

Black Fantomex when?
>>
>>90602802
Dude, can you fuck off? What are you trying to accomplish?
>>
File: Dom.jpg (154KB, 900x1353px) Image search: [Google]
Dom.jpg
154KB, 900x1353px
>>90602587
>Serving a morally corrupt agenda is still corrupt, retard.

Shaking at your keyboard with rage and calling me names? Wow, I'm shaking in my boots! XD

>No one should have to restrict their artistic expression because critics are jews pushing progressive shit.

Artistic expression? Ah, of course, the Marvel movies have always been avant-garde! Silly me to forget all the awards they've won, the accolades they've been given by many art house installations!

>You seriously make me disgusted at how morally evil you are.

Well, you've invented me into some kind of online heartless super villain. Awesome! Do I get an evil lair as well? Nah... you're just unable to come up with any reason to combat anything I've said besides calling me names. You've got nothing but hate and a resistance to acceptance.

These movies are always going to appeal to a wider audience than you're comfortable with. It's not like the two chicks have ever been given top billing.

Hell, the argument that Gal Gadot shouldn't be Wonder Woman because she's got no tits is a far better argument than... "My gawd! The blacks are coming the blacks are coming!"

It's an invasion!
>>
>>90597748

Yeah, it's very simple why they keep doing this shit.

It's because if they tried to do something new, NO ONE WOULD GIVE A SHIT. Look at all the new 'diverse' heroes they tried to make. They are all replacing their white counterparts, so you have no CHOICE but to read about them. Remember how they tried to push 'Mosaic', a black guy who steals identities?

Captain America? Falcon. Thor? Whor. Iron Man? Iron Heart. Spidey? Miles.

If they weren't piggy-backing on someone else's brand, they would sink without a trace. In fact, they're already sinking now that the originals are back!

This is how insidious the diversity agenda is: It's not enough that they have their 'heroes', they have to replace the ones you know and love so you have no alternative. If they didn't do that, the market would mean they'd fail.

Hell, even Ms. Marvel isn't doing so hot. All of these 'diverse' heroes have long overstayed their welcome.
>>
>>90602669
>"Fuck diversity"
>"Its ok when it has much Asian waifus though"

Gotta love cumskins
>>
>>90602881

Asians are honorary whites. Few other races could say the same. Certainly not blacks, hispanics, or sand-niggers.
>>
>>90602852
I'm sick of you /tv/ underages shitting up /co/ when these castings happen. It's obvious too you faggots never know what you're talking about. I ask you to name the last time these characters have been relevant and you Wikipedia shitty runs from years ago as if it disproves my point?
>>
>>90602853
>Jew
>Types like a fag
>Emoticons
>Supports forced diversity
>Admits to being fine with erasing characters in the name of "muh bisznis"
>"lol I don't like them so it's fine!"
God you are such a fucking faggot.

Don't you have shit to do? Fuck off already, cuckold.
>>
>>90602853
>XD

Found the Redditor, guys. It's over here. Stop replying to him.
Nevermind all his shitty non-arguments.
>>
>>90602917
>Implying anyone wants to be part of a dying race

Kek
>>
>>90602802
>this direct evidence doesn't serve my narrative
talk about alternative facts
>>
>>90602996
>>90603018

Two fella's who can't carry a tune, hey you tried to keep up, but if you can't bring a coherent message then it's best both of you take a seat and allow better people to carry your points.

But yeah, I gotta anyway. It was fun!
>>
>>90601941
>I don't want a white character remade for me, it doesn't give me any sense of pride or a feeling of progress, how could it? How could a completely separate group doing something give "my" group value or a sense of progress?

This.
That's why I want to see them do new stuff, but they're lazy.
>>
>>90603071
>"Name the last time these characters have been relevant"
>Post old shitty runs from years ago
>Ironically proving my point

Kek
>>
>>90596159
>Yes, diversity as a concept is awesome
t. redwood
hahahaha
>>
>>90602981
I like Domino and I still have stopped reading anything from the big two in like three years. That's not an argument, her relevancy is not an argument. It's a character in a predominantly visual media, thus her looks is what comes first, and she has been portrayed a certain way since her inception until today. It's called character integrity.
You trying to throw /tv/ around is so absolutely moronic, everyone is looking at you like you're some kind of spaztic kid. What are you even doing in /co/ if you don't give a fuck what they do to characters?
They might take the lazy route out and not even paint her fucking face, so she'll just be a black chick with none of the character's signatures and we'll just have to accept this as the only even cinematic appearance of her.
>>
>>90603090
>Two fella's who can't carry a tune, hey you tried to keep up, but if you can't bring a coherent message then it's best both of you take a seat and allow better people to carry your points.
All I did was call you a fag, dude. You type like one.

Fuck off and don't come back.

>>90603146
>These characters are under-utilized
>that means they're niggers now.
>>
>>90596975
Best part about the Blade movies is literally no one made a big deal about Blade being black. They just wanted a kick-ass movie.
>>
>>90595955
While Marvel has been handling diversity horribly I fail to see how giving a character pants is in any way worth getting mad about.
>>
>>90602853
>Gal Gadot shouldn't be Wonder Woman because she's got no tits is a far better argument than..

At least she lived closer to Greece than other people they may have looked at.
She could of been bulkier though.
>>
I just hope Domino and Vanessa have a history as a homage to the comics where Vanessa impersonated Domino in her debut issues.
>>
>>90595955
Why does "diversity" always mean "make everyone black?"
>>
>>90603179
Try to rationalize it all you want but at the end of the day you're autisticly screeching over irrelevant shit that happens all the time. Months from now you're going to be posting the same exact shit when there is another casting announcement with a non-white actor.
>>
>>90603487
Because that's the one we white people enslaved, so we're so very sorry for them.
>>
>>90603495
Stop projecting, faggot. Domino is the first time I gave a shit about this because she's literally the color white, it's absurd to make her black.
I'm not even screeching, I've already accepted it, I'm only on this thread to slap sense and faggots like the other jew over there saying it's ok to do whatever they want to characters if they think it'll sell and other progressive shitards, which you sure seems to be too.
>>
I doubt this Domino casting was done for diversity. This black was probably the best one for the job because it's Disney and Marvel Studios who does the whole diversity Tumblr crap. Fox really doesn't care about that sort of stuff.
>>
>>90600107
((((((((You)))))))
>>
>>90603528
>tfw black were a meme that got out of hand and ended up destroying America
>>
>>90603732
our very own Frankenstein monsters
>>
>>90595955
>race doesn't matter
>but we need to specifically diversify race

retards.
>>
>>90595955
Same people who are praising this is also bitching about Ghost in the shell
>>
>>90603872
It's not racist if it's against white people :^)
>>
File: gods-of-egypt.jpg (220KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
gods-of-egypt.jpg
220KB, 1024x1024px
>>90595955
> Hiding skin make you look strong, Hulk looks weak
> Bathing suits are totally haram
> A white Blade would be ok coz that's not what it's about

I don't give a fuck about Karate Kid being about a black kid learning Kung Fu but they should stop trying to rationalize their choices like that. His only good argument is that it doesn't matter. Because it doesn't, as long as the story is good.

> Cast me like one of your French girls
>>
I like Tessa Thompson, she was great in WestWorld. But she shouldn't be Valkyrie. Zazie is fine, both in her physical appearance and in terms of my acceptance of her casting.
>>
If they get to the X-Force movie how the fuck will they explain Fantomex to the Jim and Jane popcorn normies?
>>
>>90603872
tbqh I don't like the idea of how they've adapted GitS either. If you're gonna cast white people just reset the story in the West, like the Italian westerns did with samurai films.
>>
>>90595955
Your contempt and lack of support for the Right is what got you into this mess, /co/.
>>
>people surprised that comic book movies are so pozzed
Comic books were created by jews you morons. Stop reading capeshit.
>>
>>90604021
that movie really wasn't as bad as the critical press made it out to be. Was that a preview of the Iron Fist treatment?
>>
>>90604244
What the fuck else do I read, then, nigga?
>>
>>90603872
Nobody likes the live action GitS.
>>
>>90604170
My point was that you cant praise the one and scorn the other just because they're white, its retarded.
>>
>>90604299
Books you retard. You know the entire western canon is out there. Or since you're on /co/ at least read good graphic novels.
>>
>>90604463
agreed
>>
>>90604545
Book fiction and capeshit are entirely different types of genres AND entertainment, nigga.

I can do fucking both.
>>
>>90604299
Gulag Archipelago by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Jung
>>
>>90598458
Pretty much this. They make tons more from the movies though. As long as they don't force too much of that in the films, they'll be alright.
>>
File: 1489191735323.jpg (152KB, 899x315px) Image search: [Google]
1489191735323.jpg
152KB, 899x315px
>>90604021
People wanted to cry about the Egyptian movie...but...image kinda says it all.
>>
>>90605686
>Don't u see dey'z skin man? Dey'z be black as fuck mah nigga I swear to gawd, my homeboi king Tattootattoo was a real nigga man, dem darkie boiz dey be cappin' 'n' shieeet just be dah evil souls of crackas man!
>>
>>90605686
There's multiple registries about egyptians describing themselves as totally different from blacks.
But WE WUS ENGINEERING PYRAMIDS petty pride speaks louder.
And yet whites can dare to take pride of historical achievements, even though scandinavian, slavs and anglos were all whites and they still fought and enslaved each other.
>>
File: 1470496089358.png (217KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1470496089358.png
217KB, 680x680px
>>90595955
>Everything about this image

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: IMG_5603.jpg (72KB, 490x653px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5603.jpg
72KB, 490x653px
Whites. Uncuck yourselves, you wonderbread wimps.
>>
>>90605755
>>90605853
I actually looked through a lot of the articles published about the controversy and the problem they had was the lack of Middle Eastern, african and Egyptian actors in favor of European actors. They didn't even like the fact an African American was in it specially because he was american. Most of them didn't claim the groups are one in the same, that's just Afrocentrism. They make two separate claims.
>>
>>90603487
>>90598370
>>
>>90603487
>always
What does this mean for all those swaps that include completely different races than black, especially when they switch them to white in the same continuity? Either all of the swaps are ok or none of them are. Just focusing one type of swap and not giving attention to others just to post this in every single thread is allowing other groups to get away with it to.>>90599749
>>
>>90607418
I was mainly relating to black groups that are outraged when people say egyptians weren't black.
I didn't know about this movie.
>>
>>90601087
>Toby Maguire as Spidey again
Seriously? I might actually watch a Spider-Man movie again.
>>
>>90601591
>Guess what, barely fucking any vikings wore fucking pants back in the day.

what are you talking about? Vikings wore trousers and leggings.

You must be confusing the culture or time period with another.
>>
>>90601151
I like Gwen Poole.
>>
>>90595955
The bottom line is, are her tit's big enough to be convincingly like the characters.
>>
>>90601699
It's nice to hear these things said out loud.
Sadly, this man will probably get lunched and lose jobs for daring to point out that the minority quota wasn't filled everywhere all through time.
>>
>>90595955
Today in world news
Flustered manchild furious with adaption of comic book franchise.
"I can't jerk off to this" he comments.
>>
>>90601958
It's sick how they'll go straight to trying to get people fired for stating "there wasn't black people at this place at this time period", even if it's the truth.
It's some police state type bullshit.
>>
>>90595955
kikes are at it again
>>
My beef with the whole make-norse-based-characters-black is that this would have been a good excuse and opportunity to cast lesser used minorities like inuits/greenlanders and maybe even Native Americans (skrælinger), but no, it always have to be black people!
>>
>>90595955

i'm actually fine with the domino choice (as long as she wears facepaint; she's got the right facial features) but there are legit not enough big blonde giantesses in tv and film. ironically, big strong girls are a minority.

MARVEL YA DUN GOOF'D
>>
>>90603591
but she has no race, ask the dude who made her
>>
>>90595955
I don't feel too strongly about all this. If the acting's good and the character's still recognisable-- great.

I just wish that if they are talking about diversity, they'd also push people from other ethnicities as well, 'cause that'd be true diversity. But I guess we have to start from somewhere, first blacks, then asians and so forth.
>>
>>90595955
>I'm tired of it
Good cause its here to stay and it energizes me to see you racists upset over a movie
>>
>>90611111
>Good because it's here to stay

Quints confirms it
>>
File: 1486360904186.jpg (275KB, 740x1130px) Image search: [Google]
1486360904186.jpg
275KB, 740x1130px
>>90599003
I'm with you my man.
>>
>>90599078
back when liberalism was good, modern liberalism is stinky shit.
>>
>>90599749
China hates Japan but not Korea? How is that? Is it because of Shiro Ishii?
>>
>>90600107
>reaching an entire audience not just the pale selection of sheltered geeks
Friendly reminder than blacks are less than 10% of western population.
>>
>>90599731
This. Domino and Valkyre are literally whos perfect canditates for filling the quota.
>>
>>90600107
>when minorities fight against what is wrong is justice
>when straight white males does the same thing is baby crying
>>
>>90598160
If skin color doesn't matter would it be okay to have a white guy as Black Lighting? Or maybe a purple tiger can be Superman, as long as it can act right?
>>
>>90611191
Geo Politics. China can do without japan since they had old blood fueds but it needs North Korea as a Bumper for western ideology. South and north were the same thing at one point so messing with the south stirs the pot unnecessarily
>>
File: 1401652003684.png (225KB, 471x527px) Image search: [Google]
1401652003684.png
225KB, 471x527px
>>90611224
Sure thing anon. I will not argue against you the day that happens.
>>
>>90611224
Not the same guy, but that's really what I'm looking forward to. I think it'd be great to get to the point where we're done with these race debates and the character races could be switched and changed in anyway imaginable without people's heads exploding.
>>
#notmydomino
>>
>>90595955
>sparatans going to war in speedos is okay but women fighting in bathing suits isn't
DOUBLE STANDARDS
>>
>>90601591
So where are all the male vikings going barelegged in these movies then?
>>
Leotards are the perfect clothing for perfect leg movility. The only reason males don't wear them is because it fails to cover the testicles with all that movement.
>>
I'll just leave this here.
>>
>>90611477
They also have a habit of crawling up your butt or exposing the cunt.
A better choice would be leggings, lose pants\shorts or hipsters.

The reason why gymnasts wear leotards is because form is very important for getting points and that's the point of their sport.
>>
>>90611111
>Criticizing the shitty cast of a movie
>Racist

When did /co/ actually became 10x more retarded than /pol/?
>>
>>90613111
>Shitty cast
But she's a good actress.

If I'm okay with Tilda Swinson being the Ancient One, why should I care here?
>>
>>90597305
What kind of pizza are we talking about here?
>>
>>90598340
He's not wrong though.
>>
>>90613126
What has she been in?
She was in Atlanta, right?
>>
>>90595955
Wait...if the actress uses white make up for Domino, would that count as a reverse minstrel show?
>>
>>90603872
The same people condemning this is bitching about people complaining about Ghost in the Shell.
>>
>>90595955
Americans are retarded that don't understand that Nordic shit is culture
>>
>>90597621
>I will never understand how having diversity in anyway is "forcing it"
>have a white character be played by an actor of another ethnicity instead of having a character of a diferent ethnicity altogether
shit aint hard son.
>>
Domino : race-bending her is okay. She is just another generic comic book character.

Valkyrie is inspired by Nordic mythos. She is the archetypal Scandinavian.
>>
>>90595955
>Can't find a hot white woman?
>Hollywood

I got your problem nailed down, I think.
>>
>>90613677
>She is the archetypal Scandinavian.

She's a space alien even in the comics...
>>
>>90613937
Dont be obtuse, you know what I meant.

I personally dont care that much about race-bending, what annoys is the mainstream Marvel die-hards you see on Twitter you celebrate race-bending of Valkyrie but are outraged when The Ancient One is race-bent or Iron Fist casting went conservative.
>>
>>90614007
>Dont be obtuse, you know what I meant.

And I tell you how it is - she's a humanoid, not human, so getting a nonwhite actress for the role should be perfectly acceptable to an US audience.
>>
>>90597066
Luke Cage should be white :)
>>
So, when are we going to get Kira Knightly playing Storm?
>>
>>90615220
What are you, racist?
>>
File: wtf.jpg (16KB, 182x247px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
16KB, 182x247px
>>90603146
It basically comes down to
>posting anything that's capeshit, but not Batman/Wolverine/Spider-Man
>>
>>90605853
>>90605755
It's not about what egyptians say about themselves and it's not even about what African-Americans claim, it's all about the fact that the image shows black-on-black violence according to WASPs.
>>
>>90614546
this
>>
>>90615394
How is that racist? It's not like Storm's character revolves around the color of her skin, so what if we have a fresh take on an old character for the movies? It's not like race or skin color actually matter.
>>
>>90616944
>It's not like Storm's character revolves around the color of her skin

...yeah, she's racebending fetish material created by a dude who created a number of race-bending characters and had others engage in racebending acts to appease his boner.
>>
>>90601151

The popularity of Kamala Khan over Captain Marvel disproves your entire point.

There are tons of example of new characters that eclipse older characters. There's a reason Deadpool is a thing. There's a reason Venom has his own series. etc...

New characters CAN flourish, as long they're well written. Heck they do't even have to be well written. Look at Spidergwen taking off...
>>
>>90613937
Well depending on the comic she's the ancestor of the metaphysical manifestation of humanity's beliefs that the Nordic people would come to worship as their Gods
>>
>>90601087

Honestly?

Would have loved to see Emma Stone as Carnage.
But that's mainly because I really like Emma Stone and Carnage main point of interest is being a red murderblob. (I'm also a symbiotefag)
>>
>>90617650
And that means that she can't be portrayed as white for a cartoon/show/movie/comic? She has to be black no matter what? That doesn't sound very progressive. Storm being black never made any difference until Ororo married T'Challa.
>>
>>90617986
That sounds like you want the awful Ultimate Carnage/Gwen
>>
>>90613524
According to a ex co-worker I worked with, anything that has white skin isn't culture.

The way I see it, it's just the culture he doesn't like.
>>
It doesn't matter for Domino, but the other one just feels incredibly forced.
>>
>>90597066
How's LA this time of year?
I kid, I know it's hell year round.
>>
>>90597531
That's actors for ya
>>
>I’m not obsessed with the idea that you have to cast someone just to tick a box. You should cast people because they’re talented. [With Valkyrie] I wanted to make sure we weren’t making a female character that was boring and pretty. What I wanted was someone who was going to play the opposite and be even more of the ‘guy’ character than the guys. Ultimately I thought Tessa was the best person we found.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/03/10/thor-ragnarok-tessa-thompson-valkyrie/

So basically another Heimdall situation.
>>
>>90611111
Like others have said, it's double standards racism.
>>
>>90618392
Just a thought experiment : imagine Marvel deciding to racebend, say Daredevil (Irish Catholic) - don't fool yourself, everyone would praise it as progressive move.

Then imagine someone suggesting - just suggesting - that 2nd Tier Black Panther character should be race-bent as well (doesnt matter if its black-to-white, black-to-East Asian).
Imagine the outrage.
>>
>>90618392
I had some minor hope that Valkyrie might still be interesting, but that pretty much killed it.
>>
>>90597345
Thor's hair was never consistent in Norse mythology though. Sometimes he was a red head, sometimes he was blonde, sometimes he was a brunet.
>>
>>90618392
Sounds like he wanted Valkyrie to be more of a man...than the men?
Why not cast it as a guy then?
>>
>>90618609
I think they mean they want her to be an involved character instead of being Black Widow in the first Avengers.

I haven't seen the other Avenger movies so I don't know if she ever got a personality or not.
>>
>>90618609
From the plot descriptions and how Valkyrie, Waititi basically wants a Wonder Woman for Thor to look up to.
>>
>>90618634
Joss Weadon made Avengers 2 into Black Widow vagina monologues.
>>
>>90618714
More like Black Widow can't stop sucking Hulk's green veiny cock.
>>
>>90618091

They didn't handle it properly in the Ultimates, but I could see that going somewhere fun if they had worked it out a little more.
>>
>>90618490
As a representation of the broad mosaic of African peoples Wakanda is severely lacking in diversity. Wakanda is made of several Wakandan tribes, there's no reason they can't provide more modern multicultural representation. Maybe escape the entrenched stereotypical, and frankly discriminatory, view of what an African person is. Have the groups representative of Chinese African peoples, Berber, Dutch. The concept that Wakanda is a people and not a shared culture is steeped in toxic connotations in the current year.
>>
>>90598235
No there is ethnic jews and religious jews. Their is a difference between ethnicity and race. Race being a much broader, less definite term that people argue over all the time.
>>
>>90618807
Hmm...I should post that all over Marvel's titter and Fuckbook
>>
>>90599731
You seem to care.
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
>>90611212
Or you could just use already established black characters.
>>
>>90598458
>Be on 4chan all the time
>Think because 4chan doesn't like it no one does
>yfw this is you
>>
>>90595955
First off who cares about valkyrie. I'm serious. There might be like 150 people max. Sides she's a fucking dumb character. Domino on the other hand I'll wait and see. Why because if they try and do the actual approach doesn't matter who they get they gonna have Michael Jackson syndrome. I swear /co/ at this point gets more triggered than tumblr. Sides movies are adaptations, not direct translations. Cause that would be dumb if they were forced to follow convulsed story telling.
>>
>>90620817
About as many as gave a shit about Guardians of the Galaxy, all 2 dozen fans of the series got in an uproar, everyone else enjoyed it.
>>
>>90595955
that's kinda cool
>>
>>90605686
that's not even a real
>>
>>90596252
Misty Knight is already in Luke Cage
>>
>>90596159
>diversity as a concept is awesome

No it isn't. Who the fuck cares?
>>
>>90595955
It's threads like this that make me recall Dredd's ethnicity was undefined for quite some time.
Thread posts: 414
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.