[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Games such as the Arkham series and Spider-Man 2 have gotten

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: Batman_Arkham_series_logo.png (90KB, 447x215px) Image search: [Google]
Batman_Arkham_series_logo.png
90KB, 447x215px
Games such as the Arkham series and Spider-Man 2 have gotten praise for how they were able to nail that hero in gameplay, Arkham with Batman's stealth/fighting and Spider-Man with the swinging.
Any ideas for mechanics/genres that'd suit a particular hero and make a solid game?
>>
X-men should be a a Bioware esque rpg. Something like X-men Destiny but more refined.
>>
>>90593188
Scribblenauts mechanics adapted to a Green Lantern game. One that doesn't suck, I mean.
>>
XCOM style game where you play as Gordon coordinating the GCPD to deal with Gotham's criminals. Early on, you just deal with street level stuff and assisst Batman on big stuff; eventually he's taken ooc and you have to deal with an Arkham/Blackgate break. Missions are somewhat random (game picks from a pool of predesigned Batman super villains but maps are random and thugs are randomly placed), with certain scripted missions.
>>
>>90596404
Could work
>>90597039
Feel like the Scribblenauts mechanics might slow down gameplay. You're doing something and have to stop to type in a word. Boss battles have the potential to be tedious
>>90597683
I like this
>>
Could probably do a Hellblazer or Question game in the style of a Telltale game, but y'know, properly.
>>
>superman game
>press x to win
>>
>>90600692
>hard mode
>every enemy has kryptonite
>>
just reskin inFAMOUS to make it about Electro
or Surge
or Static
or Livewire
>>
>>90600692
>>90600927
>t. fags who don't read Superman
>>
>>90593188
Flash as a rhythm game
>>
>>90601098
>superman game
>press x to break neck
>>
>>90601224
Flash is an endless runner
>>
>>90601314
Add the ability to run on walls. Powerup that allows you to run through obstacles. Boss battles like Captain Cold trying to trip you up using his cold gun, Reverse Flash racing you, both of you trying to knock each other into obstacles.
>>
>>90601224
>>90601314
>>90601619
Open world game? Flash having a grid kind of running when running down a street. You jump back and forth between grid rows to dodge cars and obstacles. Perhaps have throw some skating game mechanics in there, like the ability to grind on rails. Maybe have a mechanic where you run up a wall, steering yourself, but also mashing a button to keep your balance running up. I feel like an Arkham fighting style would work well with Flash's super speed, pin balling between enemies. And with Flash's different perspective of time, you could use Amazing Spider-Man's mechanic of pin pointing where you want to go, but not as shit. Maybe use it for saving civilians.
>>
>>90600692
lex luthor game would be better. getting tricked to save the world as a way to spite superman or something.
>>
>>90601999
fun fact what you just wrote was made but got scraped when it was nearly finished
>>
>>90602077
Lex Luthor game where you manage villains and resources while planning to defeat Superman. Have a public reputation mechanic of you vs Superman as you can turn the population against Superman, or losing reputation can get people to see you as a criminal, and that can influence events in the game.
>>
>>90602205
and he fucks a sex robot
>>
File: the-darkness-20060815043014121.jpg (133KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
the-darkness-20060815043014121.jpg
133KB, 1280x720px
Why no ove ever remembers The Darkness?
That's the most underrated comic hero game of all time.
>>
>>90602294
Those sandals/feet bother me. They're ugly as hell
>>
Honestly, if vidya could ever get swimming mechanics down, an open world aqua man game could be pretty cool.
>>
File: superman batman frigin homo.png (112KB, 400x374px) Image search: [Google]
superman batman frigin homo.png
112KB, 400x374px
>>90600692
Ashura Wrath?
>>
>>90602796
Yeah, you kinda gotta either steer yourself, or press a button to slowly lower or raise yourself, then swim forward.
>>
File: the-crow.jpg (19KB, 480x334px) Image search: [Google]
the-crow.jpg
19KB, 480x334px
The Crow game.
You can't die.
No matter how
hard
you
try
>>
>>90596404
>X-Men game with Bioware romance drama and inter-species fucking

actually that works
>>
>>90602851
>stahp Clark, das gay
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.