[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did xkcd actually make a sensible chuckle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: xkcd_phone_5_2x.png (123KB, 1145x958px) Image search: [Google]
xkcd_phone_5_2x.png
123KB, 1145x958px
Did xkcd actually make a sensible chuckle?
>>
>>90591062
Nope. Just more comics for idiots who think they are smart.
>>
>>90591062
Is there a joke in here?
>>
>>90591062
Nah, he's the kind of guy who'd rather make something smug than something entertaining.
>>
Is this a Subnormality comic?
>>
>>90591823

It's a substandard comic.
>>
I keked at "Can feel pain"
>>
>>90592039
this, and honestly the "IBM buckling spring home button" got a "heh!" out of me.
>>
>>90591107
>>90591640
>projecting this hard
It's not even that clever a joke, if this is what you think is smart/smug then you should go back to middle school
>>
it is funny
>>
>>90592039
"Foldable (once)" is up there for me
>>
>>90592015
This post made me laugh more than the comic.
>>
>>90593163
Okay, that one is admittedly funny. The fact that I didn't really notice it until your post probably speaks volumes about the comic, though.
>>
>>90593306
It seems like it's meant to parody those ads for new phones that list like half a billion features so it kind of makes sense that it looks like it does?
>>
>>90593391
If all the jokes were as good as that one, it might actually work. Unfortunately, they really aren't.
>>
File: atheists.png (17KB, 373x330px) Image search: [Google]
atheists.png
17KB, 373x330px
I'm starting to think "smug" just means "right and not afraid to say so"
>>
>>90593050
But I work a NASA, therefore I'm right.
>>
>>90593576
Both of the people in that comic are smug. The bald one is smug because they feel the need to point out atheists and fundamentalists are annoying (presumably unprompted). The hairy one is smug because they're talking down to the bald one.

With smugness, as well as other social interactions, context is key.

You can express your dislike of atheists with and without being smug.
>>
>>90594984
How do you tell someone that you find atheists and christians equally annoying without being smug?
>>
>>90591062
I can't enjoy a comic when I've seen the leaked scatophile pics off fetlife.
>>
>>90591062
What's the joke?
>>
>>90591062
no, you just lowered your standards to fit in with your facebook friends. again.
>>
>>90595092
By not being a passive aggressive sarcastic brat
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.