[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wally is such a different character compared to the other DC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 6

File: Flash1.jpg (46KB, 373x400px) Image search: [Google]
Flash1.jpg
46KB, 373x400px
Wally is such a different character compared to the other DC heroes. Unlike all the other JL members we get to see him age and change as a character organically. I can't think if another character where we are introduced to him as a child and watch him age in real time to an adult with his own children. We get to see him mature and his personality change as the events in his universe have an effect on him. Because he started out as a C to B list character up until joining the justice league writers were OK with changing his age and personality as the years went by. I think this is why Wally has such a following on /co/ compared to more mainstream heroes.
>>
File: 1281462569012.jpg (79KB, 439x617px) Image search: [Google]
1281462569012.jpg
79KB, 439x617px
Hal Jordan used to be like this until Johns' decided to turn back the clock on that. He was in his 40's when he died, but nowadays he's in his late 20's early 30's at most. Also, there's the most obvious one in Roy.
>>
>>90587950
>who is Dick Grayson
>Who is Roy Harper
>Who is pretty much any legacy character in DC

DC does legacy characters best because they take years progressing them
>>
>>90587950
Yes.

Wally's growth is even more pronounced than Peter Parker's growth. Can't really think of any other comparable character.
>>
File: IMG_0260.jpg (52KB, 483x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0260.jpg
52KB, 483x600px
>>90588081
WHO IS DICK GRAYSON, STOP SAYING THIS REEEEE
>>
>>90588035
Those are also interesting as well and its why I like Dick more than bats but those characters never replaced their mentors and will always be seen as side kicks.
>>
>>90588116
Dick didn't do much in the 90's, at least compared to Wally.
>>
>>90588175
Dick did replace his mentor though. Wally wasn't a permanent replacement either.
>>
>>90588116
Roy, Wally and dick are why Titans is my favorite ongoing. But Dick never became the batman, only substitute teachered for him.
>>
>>90588204
There is a difference between a few issues and 24 years as a JL member. Even then its really only because the universe restarted that wally was replaced
>>
>>90588287
Dick was Batman for a few years
>>
Wally is the only side kick I can think of that managed to out grow the label and become a better hero than their mentor.
>>
>>90588018
People remember a lot of 90's GL being more organic than it actually was because nobody ACTUALLY read that boring shit before Emerald Twilight, so it exists on reputation and hearsay alone.

In reality, all of the changes to Hal's character were sudden. One day he had gray temples. One day he went crazy and killed a few Lanterns in the span of three issues. Stuff would just suddenly happen and then people like Kyle so much that they thought people who were against the parts that didn't make sense were being assholes.
>>
>>90588918
The only thing that was sudden was the gray temples. Hal had already shown signs of growing up by all his different jobs over the years and the multiple references to his time as a GL. It was something like 8-10 years before he quit to marry Carol and that was just in the 80's. Not to mention that Pieface went from being a greasemonkey to a wealthy entrepreneur that was married and had children who were growing up.
>>
>>90588287
Barry had a new solo for a year before the New 52.
>>
>>90589495
That was because Barry came back after being gone for so long and even then Wally was considered to be the faster and more knowledgable speedster.
>>
>>90589087
How do you see the shitty travelling salesman jobs as a sign of growing up? If anything, it's a sign his life was falling the fuck apart.

Do you know what some poor asshole who sells vaccuums door to door makes compared to a fucking jet pilot?
>>
>>90587950
Honestly Wally would work in an Avatar The Last Airbender type of cartoon series so well.

It would follow on Wally trying to fill in Barry's shoes with occasional flashback episodes. 5 seasons and Wally is the ultimate master of Speed Force at the end.

Too bad DC loves punishing us with Barry "I can never do right without a team" Allen.
>>
>>90589834
It was a sign of times changing for Hal. He went from test pilot to insurance claims-man to toy salesman and finally a big rig trucker and stuck with those jobs for a while. Just because they sucked doesn't mean he wasn't ageing.
>>
>>90588081
Dick transitioned into Nightwing and that was it for his changes, with maybe the bare exception of his Batman run with Damian. Dick as Nightwing from day 1 isn't much different from his Nightwing 15 years in. Wally as The Flash from day 1 was pretty different 5 years in. Much less when you get to Waid.

Dick had a similar character arc to Wally at first, but stopped growing. They even made a note of that at one point when they were talking in Dick's own comic, how Dick just spent years spinning the wheels while Wally grew up and passed him by, despite Dick always being the more mature one growing up.
>>
>>90589604
Knowledgeable, sure, but definitely not faster. You don't do the "Barry literally makes the Speed Force that everyone else subsists off of" thing and then think anyone else is faster than him.
>>
File: JxK.jpg (66KB, 567x318px) Image search: [Google]
JxK.jpg
66KB, 567x318px
>>90590327
>Honestly Wally would work in an Avatar The Last Airbender type of cartoon series so well.
But... did we not already have one with him in it!?
>>
>>90592548
Showing up twice in Teen Titans and being the least important JL member in the cartoon probably doesn't count.
>>
>>90592873
If we actually got a season 6 instead of TTG I'm sure he'd show up much more.
>>
>>90592946
No we wouldn't. Wally was a cameo at best in TT. From what I remember they didn't want to put him in at all because he was in the JL show as The Flash but the writers argued them down to those cameos.
>>
>>90593040
Are those licensing issues still an... um... issue?
>>
>>90593083
It wasn't even a licensing issue. As far as I know Wally and The Flash franchise in general has never had a licensing issue. Only Donna's situation was a licensing issue.
>>
>>90593122
Then why would him being in another show even matter? What is this stupidity?
>>
>>90588035
This
>>
>>90593155
WB execs wouldn't want people being confused. Writers always answer to higher ups.
>>
>>90588808

>Wallyfags this delusional

which is why you're crying about black wally and your non-existent red upstart is nowhere in movies or tv.

and whining about being stuck in a side comic as well instead of being The Flash.
>>
>>90587950
Yeah, Wally's had nice progression, too bad Dc fucked him aroud
>>
>>90593414
Execs actually thought people would be confused by having one character in multiple shows!?
wat is this i cant even
>>
>>90593421
Dick wasn't ever better or bigger than Bruce.

Wally is the only one who undoubtedly surpassed their mentor, even if it was technically temporary (given the length it was no less temporary than Barry's own time as the Flash).
>>
>>90593727

Not anymore, barry has been THEE Flash for years again and by sales and other things, is going to keep chugging on.
>>
>>90593541
They literally killed off the Suicide Squad in The Flash because they were making a Suicide Squad movie.

This isn't unheard of or even unusual. It's not that the character appears in multiple things, it's that it would be different, somewhat conflicting versions of the same characters.

In this case it's Wally West being both Flash and Kid Flash. How can he be his own sidekick? What weirdness is this?
>>
>>90593753
Barry's sales aren't better than Wally's. Wally's sales went UP to 70k under Waid, whereas Barry's have only been that high upon #1 reboots/relaunchs and then immediately dropped below that number.
>>
>>90593784

Right now he is top boy.
>>
>>90593799
That's kind of fucking stupid to say. Wally didn't exist for years, not because he wasn't popular, but because he was too popular (Manapul said they couldn't use Wally because DC was afraid fans might expect him to replace Barry again).

Them forcing Barry into the title despite poor sales isn't success.
>>
>>90593849

He has poor sales right now? I thought he was one of the highest selling solo capes outside of batman, currently?
>>
>>90593873
He has identical sales to Superman and lower sales than Spider-man.

But that's literally the same as Wally at his peak. Only Batman and Spider-man had better sales. The problem with Barry's sales is they're declining faster than other books, which is why Superman has caught up to him in sales.

That said I don't know how you can compare the two. It's not like Wally has a The Flash solo out of his own for you to even compare.
>>
>>90593968

We're not talking about some abstract at a different time anon, we're talking about right now. Not lifetime sales.

Barry is best boy, right now. And your favorite is in some shitty side comic that nobody pays attention to. When people reference The Flash, they mean barry allen and no amount of mental gymnastics will ever make that okay for you. So you keep on living the dream, getting your nose rubbed in how wrong you are.

Thee Flash is Barry Allen and you can't stand it.
>>
>>90594019
I get you're just trying to get a rise out of me but you could be less stupid and obvious about it.
>>
>>90588918
Hello Johns, when it's the next reunion of heat?

>>90589604
Barry Allen made me the flash
>>
>>90595152
>Barry Allen made me the flash
This is still an infuriating statement.
>>
>>90592507
Wally was faster than Barry in rebirth and still is.
>>
>>90593414
Why not just call him kid flash then?
>>
>>90593421
So you are going to pretend 24 years of him being the flash didn't happen or the fact that he is the most powerful speedster just so you can shitpost.
>>
>>90597172

Scoreboard.
>>
>>90593753
Both wally and Barry are The flash. Barry being new 52 flash doesn't stop Wally from being it
>>
>>90597202
Scoreboard?

Good Barry stories: 0
Good Wally stores: dozens
>>
>>90597264

There's only one Flash in The Flash. Thee Flash, Barry Allen. Currently top selling hero, The Flash not in a side comic but his own comic, all to himself.
>>
>>90597311

Top selling, currently The Flash
>>
Why do barryfags always use Much current sales! As an argument and nothing else?
>>
>>90597371

Why do Wally Fags make threads whining about state of their character as if that will change anything.
>>
>>90594019
Why should anyone get mad that a legacy character got replaced? No one is saying Wally should replace barry. You really are a dumb nig
>>
>>90597512

That doesn't seem to stop Wally fags from wanting to anon, after Barry Allen retook his rightful place.
>>
>>90597322
There is 4 flashes actually
>>
>>90597586

There's only one flash anon, Barry Allen. You can check out his comic
>>
>>90597559
>>90597418
Why does Wally set off your autism anon? You have basically a 3rd of the posts of the entire thread being mad about wally.
>>
>>90597676

Anon, I'm not the one mad, I'm the one doing the teasing.
>>
>>90597647
I did. Its about a man named Jay who runs around super fast and his GF getsad at him.
>>
>>90597761

But thats an old comic anon
>>
>>90597733
Anon, you can't have half the posts in a thread and not be mad. Especially when you reply to about 5 different anona with angry posts.
>>
>>90597840

If the goal is to get people to post to you, then it's only a matter of collecting you's.
>>
>>90597791
Yeah, and?
>>
>>90597884

Which he isn't the Flash. Thee Flash is Barry Allen, would you like to read his current on-going as The Flash?
>>
>>90597559
>Implying Barry ever came back
Wally got so powerful with the speed force that he was literally able to create objects with it and its known that the speedforce is tied to the like life equation. Wally literally got so powerful that he subconsciously wished Barry into existence with the speed force. Its wh y Barry acted so different and idealized after "coming back".
>>
>>90598064

Anon do you not understand that speed force is Barry Allen, hallowed be thy name, God of Speed Force.
>>
>>90597365
They're both currently The Flash.

The actual top selling Flash is fucking Bart if you want to get technical. His Flash debut trounces even Barry's 3 relaunches. His sales, even when he was cancelled, were better than Barry's now.
>>
>>90598120
That is Wally's idealization of Barry given form. It allows Wally to still think of barry as superior despite the fact that Barry is much slower than Wally. We can see this before when wally was able to outrun Barry for years but never did because he couldn't subconsciously handle knowing he was faster than Barry
>>
>>90597418
>Why do Wally Fags make threads whining about state of their character as if that will change anything.

Years of whining got him brought back and saved him from being a token black sidekick. Whining works.
>>
>>90597559
Yeah man I can't wait for Jay Garrick to kick Barry Allen out of The Flash book. Barry's such a stupid poser.
>>
File: BarryAllen.jpg (754KB, 1920x1079px) Image search: [Google]
BarryAllen.jpg
754KB, 1920x1079px
>>90598261
>>90598276
>>90598294

You will all bow to Barry Allen, God of The Speed Force. The One true light in a multiverse of Darkness, Hallowed be his name.
>>
>>90587950

i've said this for awhile. Wally actually lived and grew in real time.

tfw no book about him training his kids as the next generation
>>
>>90598276
Dude I like Wally plenty but you're just making some weird shit up.
>>
>>90598359
Well not in real time. He aged like 8-10 years of the course of 20.
>>
>>90598403

well yeah but close enough
>>
>>90595152
>Hello Johns, when it's the next reunion of heat?

Tomorrow at your mom's house.

We're gonna have a bonfire, assuming we can get together enough Ion trades for kindling.
>>
>>90597322
Wally is The Flash. Barry is "Thee" Flash.
>>
>>90598365
This is bullshit but I like it.
>The reason Wally came back is because Manhattan was messing with his perfect world where Barry is a perfect and white super hero
>>
>>90588116
What a faggot mullet.
>>
>>90590327
More like Barry "I can do no wrong despite fucking up EVERYTHING" Allen.
>>
>>90599179
so you'd have to reverse things and have the Korra first and the Aang second, no biggie.
>>
>>90598355
That's nig Wally, friend.
>>
>>90599266

The Prophet Wally has already been sacrificed.
>>
I like how Roy's drug addiction is still mentioned and how it seemed to effect him.
>>
>>90588116
>Who is Dick Grayson
A mediocre character with mediocre runs.
>>
You are basically describing the entire cast of New Teen Titans along with Kyle Rayner
>>
>>90602155

that's a lot of credit for donna troy
>>
>>90602171
not all avenues were explored as much as others
>>
>>90602155
What? Raven, Beast Boy, and Starfire are legendary for their lack of growth. Constantly being de-aged into the status quo.
>>
>>90597559
Wally shouldn't replace Barry but a new speedster should replace Barry.
>>
>>90604738
Barry coming back just fucks up the order so much. Barry and Wally are now basically at the same age and point in their lives/careers and it's so out of whack.
>>
>>90607172
They probably just brought him back so they could have the TV show.
>>
>>90608403
His return was too early for that.

It was probably to set up for the JL member movies they were expecting to do if the GL movie didn't tank so bad. Those old film pitches and whatnot that eventually got recycled into the show.
>>
>>90587950

why is this board so obsessed with legacy characters?
>>
Kyle growing up in JLA/Marz's run was better
>>
>>90609427
It's only a handful. Mostly because they were relevant when this board was growing up. Or some people kind of caught onto them from being introduced to the characters here.
>>
File: 288.jpg (129KB, 854x562px) Image search: [Google]
288.jpg
129KB, 854x562px
Where can I read Blitz guys ?
>>
Jesus are Wally or Barry threads always garbage. They always devolve into shitflinging.
Thread posts: 101
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.