[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who is the most underrated man in comics, and why is it Thorsby?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: intelligence.jpg (42KB, 540x490px) Image search: [Google]
intelligence.jpg
42KB, 540x490px
who is the most underrated man in comics, and why is it Thorsby?
>>
Thorsby is based as fcuk, I'm waiting a bit before I marathon Trixie Slaughteraxe
>>
>>90582328
God OP you are the best fucking person on /co/ right now, I swear to god. I was catching up on Trixie Slaughteraxe and lamenting on how underrated Thorsby is.

>>90582689
It's pretty far in and it's gone through some fun arcs already, so I would recommend starting soon.
>>
File: agoodthing.jpg (22KB, 397x314px) Image search: [Google]
agoodthing.jpg
22KB, 397x314px
>>90582745
trixie is actually my first time reading a thorsby comic live. I read hitmen yeaaaars ago and loved it, but it was so long and dense that I favorited his site and decided to catch up on the rest of his stuff later. then I had a bunch of freetime at work and read space spy and brain chip, which had just finished. and now I'm all caught up with trixie, and just in time for a trademark thorsby "everyone is lying and it just gets progressively worse" plotline
>>
>>90582790
>Ah yes that's right, I have face blindness

This stuff is genuinely brilliant
>>
File: Rapestab McGenocide.jpg (613KB, 1585x2554px) Image search: [Google]
Rapestab McGenocide.jpg
613KB, 1585x2554px
I like his naming conventions.
>>
>>90582745
I already read a chunk, I think I've got about a year's worth to catch up, so I might go for it

Thorsby is a little bit like Gob from It Hurts in that his art looks like shit but his comics are awesome somehow. Trixie is still ongoing but he has about a half dozen finished long storylines that are fucking mindblowing

So any lurkers, wipe your nose and shut your slack jaw and head over to http://thorsbysprojects.thecomicseries.com
>>
>>90582328

I think it's because of a knee-jerk reaction to the art, which is exactly as functional as it needs to be, but definitely not 'pretty'. You have to make that initial hurdle before you can appreciate how tightly and inventively he writes a story.
>>
>>90583282
yeah the art definitely takes some getting used to, but I think it's kinda part of his charm
>>
The clusterfuck plotting is just so fucking good.
>>
I'd love to post some pages but apparently 4chan is too gay and the image size doesn't fit up it's tight ass
>>
File: trixie.jpg (90KB, 704x504px) Image search: [Google]
trixie.jpg
90KB, 704x504px
>>90584144

Welp here's a crop, this comic makes for the best out of context panels anyway
>>
Accidental Space Spy's ending sucked ass, but Transdimensional Brain Chip's went back to his usual standards of greatness.
>>
>>90584702
TBC>Hitmen for Destiny>Accidental Space Spy for me. I mean all his works share similar themes, but Brainchip was the most fun by far.
>>
bump

Can't we at least get some haters? I mean Thorsby is clearly some flavour of aspie or autistic. /co loves to dwell on those for years
>>
File: Bork.png (40KB, 800x1144px) Image search: [Google]
Bork.png
40KB, 800x1144px
>>90588227
He's just a Norwegian, they all are like that.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.