[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you get into comics?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

How do you get into comics?
>>
>>90580603
mek commix, git gud
>>
>>90580750
i just meant reading them
>>
>>90580757
You fucking read them? Pirate a few. Read interesting looking story times. Go to your Local Comics Store if you have one and ask. Go to your library and see what they have. Try to go for stand alone stories until you build up the knowledge to tackle a big event book. Or just ignore Marvel and DC.
>>
I was a kid and wanted them because they had super heroes so I used my money to buy them
>>
I liked Superheroes from the cartoons I watched, so I always wanted to read them. A friend of mine was really into Deathstroke and his mom bought him a bunch of Deathstroke comics, and she took us to the comic store where she bought them a bunch of times, I started going to that store more and more often as I got older, then when I learned what pirating was I REALLY got into comics (while still buying what I could, I was 13). My childhood library also happened to have a fucking impressive comics selection with all kinds of shit, cape and otherwise (and literally all of Hellblazer which is really sweet). Now I'm just fucking obsessed with the medium.
>>
>>90580603
I'm French.
>>
File: -015.jpg (239KB, 826x1137px) Image search: [Google]
-015.jpg
239KB, 826x1137px
>>90580978
Then don't you have like, Bande Desinee and Kopra and such? Or Metal Hurlant in its original language? I don't know, go read Melusine.
>>
>>90583381
We read comics from everywhere, here.
>>
>>90580603
>>90580757
>>90580844
>>90580603
>>90580978
You're a retard is what you are, posting this much for attention with a crappy meme

Since you're French, and you can read and write in English you can read tons of good comics. Blacksad, Les Seuls, Miss Don't Touch Me are all great.

Since you like cape cartoons, you probably want cape comics though. Start lurking the Marvel and DC threads. Go to the comicstore and buy literally any comic that has a super hero in it you like. Then buy more if you liked that. Big 2 comics are full of endless retcons, changing writers and shitty storylines, so it can be hard sometimes to find something good. Take a look into comics by Dark Horse or Image if that's the case for you.

Je reccomande aussi le Judge Dredd et Blacksad. Nous avons des numero de Dredd de temps en temps. Blacksad est en hiatus maintenant, jusque au prochain livre
>>
Picked up a few comics after checking this board out.

I'm not really "into" them though, just read some of more unique and interesting ones.
>>
>get into comic
>really enjoying this
>FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS NEXT IN ANOTHER SERIES CHAPTER #19

I hate this so much. I was reading the new Batman Rebirth series and now I have to read Nightwing, Batgirl/woman I dunno, and some other series. Same with Action Comics. I need to read Superman. That one is okay because I was reading it anyway. I'm behind though so I need to catch up before I finish Action Comics.

Like why do you have to do this story set across multiple series? If you start this arc in one story just finish it in that one even if you are using characters from different series set in the same universe.

Fucking Green Lantern had you reading Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps, Green Lantern New Guardians, Red Lanterns, and then Sinestro got a book, then you had to add Supergirl to your reading list. FUCK.
>>
>>90583617
Just DC and Marvel's way of promoting other series and getting more money.
>>
Fucking where do people get their comic news?

Every single facebook page I find is for DC/Marvel movies/tv shows, where are the pages for the news about their actual comics!?
>>
>>90583744
I come here, but I'm fairly lax when trying to keep up on comics news at all. If you have some favorite authors they occasionally have their own websites
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.