[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /co/ think of Walt Disney?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: Walt_Disney_1.jpg (110KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Walt_Disney_1.jpg
110KB, 1024x768px
What does /co/ think of Walt Disney?
>>
>>90578458
He's dead.
>>
I think that the vast majority of people who will post here are not remotely qualified to make any kind of judgment, moral or otherwise, on him.
>>
>>90578458
Technically, I work for him.
>>
>>90578458
pretty cool, despite his flaws he managed to make many really good movies, many of which became classics, and is spoken of reverently by disney employees
>>
>>90578458
either praised a god or damned the devil

he's just a man
>>
>>90578561
You're in hell?!
>>
>>90578458
For better or worse, animation probably wouldn't have come as far as it has without him.
>>
>>90578723
I don't understand why people joke about Disney like it's some kind of shady company. I've worked at DL for a year now and it's pretty sweet.
>>
>>90579647
What do you do for them? I'm a digital artist and hoping to score and intership. (3DS Maz/maya/zbrush)

My opinion of Walt is that few people exist that genuinely wanted to bring joy to people through imaginative storytelling and are able to make their creative passion and vision so fully realized.
>>
Behead those who insult Disney (PBUH)
>>
>>90578458
based man.
>>
File: 1450040792067.png (459KB, 647x578px) Image search: [Google]
1450040792067.png
459KB, 647x578px
He had good taste.
>>
I hate how normies hate on him just because it's cool.
>>
>>90579797
I think they've got some fellowships and stuff. I'm working on pieces for their writing fellowship.
>>
>>90578458
I like him.
>>
This thread is bait.

In the morning it will be flooded with some who insist Walt was a horrible racist, and others who deny it, while winkingly hinting that gosh, they sure hope he was.

Guess what? You redpillers and SJWs can have each other.

In the real world, Walt was an old-school Republican who produced some dated stuff that was less willfully racist than casually thoughtless. He employed Jews and Hispanics early and blacks not long after. Meanwhile, he produced tons of awesome, state-of-the-art cartoons, the vast majority of which didn't age too badly.

True: I personally might not have liked to work for him. He was known to be unfairly hard on his employees, unwittingly drove them to strike, and later accused some of being Commies, hurting their work opportunities—if he ever did anything very wrong, this was it.

And his taste got cheesier and schmaltzier as the decades rolled by. I'd call that wrong from my personal taste but some really love Merlin Jones and later Chip and Dale shorts, so yeah.

Walt was never the crazed Nazi that the Simpsons and Family Guy like to pretend he was. Unfortunately, a lot of people watch that junk and think that where there's smoke, there's fire.

Nah. Where there's Homer, there's Peter, and vice versa.
>>
>>90580072
>This thread is bait.

I'm actually collecting comments for my podcast that examines pop culture and nostalgia. Next weeks episode is all about Walt. Your post was damn great though. Actually balanced. Thanks.
>>
>>90580272
post it
>>
>>90580272
>Your post was damn great though. Actually balanced. Thanks.

You're welcome. Sorry to accuse you of ill intent, but half of 4chan seems to be nihilists trying to goad others into offense. I'm too used to it...
>>
>>90580290
The Obscure Gentlemen on iTunes.
The last two episodes were about Disneyland.

>>90580336
It's all good. I'm happy to see all perspectives. Keeps the show interesting.
>>
>>90578458
I wish Disney weren't so weird about him.

They go as far as editing pictures to hide the fact that he smoked. He was just a man.
>>
>>90580356
You're stupid. It's not about him. It's about the smoking itself. They've removed it from a lot of their older cartoons as well.
>>
>>90578458
He's a good man, but not a patches E
Henry Ford
>>
>>90581103
There's a difference between depicting cartoons as smokers, and cartoonists being adults. Retard.
>>
>>90581709
>cartoonists being adults
>being an adult means inhaling cancer vapor

Lemme guess, you smoke yourself, and lemme guess again, the only reason you do so is to feel like less of a manchild.

Because if you were anything resembling an adult you'd realize they remove that shit because the Disney company consider Walt to be a role model for millions of children. Children they don't want caught up in the smoking epidemic and ending up with lung cancer.

It has nothing to do with Walt as a person.
>>
File: Rocky insults.png (225KB, 459x229px) Image search: [Google]
Rocky insults.png
225KB, 459x229px
>>90580272
Stop being so goddamn lazy and talk to real human beings instead of anonymous shitposters to get their views.

The jokes about Walt being anti-semitic are bullshit though. It's immensely annoying when they're brought up by anyone who needs a cheap joke, especially in mediocre cartoons. Nobody respects his company unless they're a total casual who doesn't think critically about their movies, waifu-baited retards here on /co/ that shitpost endlessley because they don't know /aco/ and /trash/ exist, or very rarely someone who actually appreciates people who put effort into animation.

Walt ought to have let the company spin of some more mature works, though. He dominated animated movies so much people see his company as defining them.
>>
>>90583376
Speaking of mature movies, do you think that if Walt tried to make them when he was alive, we would have more nowadays?
>>
>>90578458
Literally who?
>>
>>90584427
If Pinocchio and Fantasia didn't flopped, we would had the animation equivalents of Citizen Kane and 2001.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.