[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any news on the "Three Jokers" storyline?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: dc-universe-rebirth-joker.jpg (54KB, 584x287px) Image search: [Google]
dc-universe-rebirth-joker.jpg
54KB, 584x287px
Have they done anything with the storyline since Justice League #50?
>>
This is DC, m8. They have no idea what they're doing. so of course it hasn't been mentioned. But I guarantee if they ever do they'll wrap Manhattan in it somehow.
>>
>>90576364
Nope
>>
Plot twist, Manhattan made them into three jokers and they'll revert back to one after he's defeated
>>
File: 1456780187146.png (313KB, 319x498px) Image search: [Google]
1456780187146.png
313KB, 319x498px
>everyone complains about New 52 Joker
>Johns retcons it so it wasn't really Joker
>everyone complains about it anyway
>>
>>90576683
Yes it was. If the other two are just as much Joker as we ever knew, then the third is also just as much Joker.

And it's incredibly stupid, it takes into account that the Joker has been largely inconsistent and explains that, but fails to explain how Batman and everyone else has also been largely inconsistent.
>>
>>90576364
It was literally just a way to retcon Snyder's terrible Joker. It's fine if they never expand on it again.
>>
File: haman is incredulous.jpg (50KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
haman is incredulous.jpg
50KB, 960x720px
>>90576683

>We did something stupid and tried to fix it by doing something stupid.

You seem to be having trouble grasping the problem. It doesn't matter if they fix it later, the point is they did something stupid. Making it go away by doing something stupid doesn't fix it.

At the end of the day you still did something stupid.
>>
>>90576797

Ah yes, the classic Voodoo Shark.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/VoodooShark
>>
>>90576364
Great idea.

I like the earth 2 version.
>>
>>90576772
They haven't specified which ones are the "real" Jokers. It looks like the middle one is going to be the post-Crisis one, the Killing Joke one, the one that we've been used to for years, the one who was Red Hood and fell in a vat of chemicals.

Pretty much a classic Wolfman/Thomas/Johns retcon of handwaving inconsistent characterization away by way of clones/time travel/mind control/evil twins or whatever other excuse they can think of.

>>90576797
So they should have just left Wally black?

Why can't they address fans' complaints? I don't understand your logic. Everyone cries NOT MUH JOKER, so they literally say "we heard you, we made it so that wasn't really the Joker" and that's wrong? You're saying they should have just stuck with the New 52 Joker despite nobody liking it?
>>
Apparently after Batman 24, but with how connected King's run has been, and how it's all short one or two parters after I Am Bane, we'll probably get some hints before it.
>>
>>90576988
Wally is still black. We have two of them now.
Removing the black would've been the least damaging call.
>>
File: gehry-flips-the-bird.jpg (26KB, 550x367px) Image search: [Google]
gehry-flips-the-bird.jpg
26KB, 550x367px
>>90576898
>TVtropes

Get out.
>>
>>90577066
You have no idea what you're talking about. Go back to watching meme anime you memer.
>>
Snyder said he is doing a joker story in all star batman, but knowing him, he already forgot about the 3 joker thing and is just gonna go story over continuity
>>
>>90576988

Im saying they shouldn't have made a Joker people didn't like the first place you clod. They shouldn't have made Wally black and they shouldn't have done whatever else stupid shit they did.

There's no fixing stupid.
>>
>>90576988
You know fixing the joker is one of te simplest things to do,there were a thousand ways to do it from fake memories,imposters to snyders own solution wiping the jokers mind clean an starting from scratch.But no Johns used a convos lured Möbius chair/Inter dimensional/Watchmen solution that will never truly be as satisfying as the time there building up to it
>>
>>90577134
So you're against fucking CoiE? God bless, and have fun with your Silver Age, but that's not how most fans think.
>>
>>90576364
So are we still going with the "one of them's the real Joker, one of them's Rorschach, and the other one's the Comedian" theory?
>>
>>90577286
Theyre all real.

Universe glitch.
>>
>>90577286
What. Is this a thing now?
>>
One of the Jokers raped Harley Quinn, she noticed his penis was different than her Mr J's. so she knows there are at least two Jokers
>>
>>90576364
Nope and I hope it stays that way and is forgotten for all eternity.
>>
>>90577286
I'm guessing the same people who thought up that stupid theory are the ones who kept meming prime time
>>
>>90576364

Like most of rebirth its an ongoing story we will learn eventually.

If i had to guess Aprils Batman/Flash thing with them trying to work out what the fuck the button is might start to give some insight into this.

>>90576683

New 52 joker wasn't great but where Snyder left him at the end before rebirth had me interested. Is that Joker still just living out his normal life going to the park every night to decide to kill himself or return to how he used to be.
>>
>>90577323
That wasn't one of the three. Rich Johnston posted an article on BleedingCool speculating that he was, but when the issue came out, he turned out to be wrong. The guy you're talking about was an imposter Joker whom one of the three helped imitate the Joker in order to mess with Harley.
>>
>>90577417
Wait, what the fuck, so his post is serious? Harley addressed the Joker's penis on a comic?
>>
>>90577417
So there are 4 Jokers? What consistutes a Joker, anyway
>>
>>90577321
>>90577343
I saw it circulating here back when the "Three Jokers" thing was first revealed.
>>
File: 11.jpg (2MB, 1800x2767px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
2MB, 1800x2767px
>>90577440
Yes, it happened in the recently published Harley Quinn #13. The imposter did a great job impersonating him, but as you can see from the attached page, once she saw him naked, she could tell he wasn't really the Joker. From the talk about scars, some readers have taken this to mean the Joker was circumcised, but this guy wasn't.

>>90577500
Still only three. The three identified by Metron are all the Joker. The real Joker. The guy from that Harley Quinn story was a guy named Edwin pretending to be the Joker, so he doesn't count. So there's some kind of weird, multiversal and/or reality warping nonsense going on related to Rebirth. So when you ask what constitutes a Joker, the answer is that he is that specific person: the Joker. And somehow, all three of the ones running around the DC universe are indeed him, but somehow different versions of the same guy.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.