[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Grant Morrison

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Grant_Morrison.jpg (46KB, 576x823px) Image search: [Google]
Grant_Morrison.jpg
46KB, 576x823px
Why has Morrison stopped writing monthly? I get leaving DC after the clusterfuck of new52 more or less erased his Batman and heavily fucked up his Multiversity plans, but I was enjoying his indie monthlies like Nameless, Klaus, and Annihilator. Is being the editor for Heavy Metal just taking up all his time?
>>
>>90563277
He realized floppies are cancer.
>>
>>90563277
>I get leaving DC after the clusterfuck of new52 more or less erased his Batman and heavily fucked up his Multiversity plans
It didn't erase his Batman nor fucked Multiversity.

How can you call yourself a Morrison fan and be ignorant on this matters?
>>
He's getting up there. He also probably doesn't need the money as much now. He still writes stuff but they tend to be limited series.
>>
>>90563339
This and he's still writing for DC. He's working on a Flash and Batman OGN right now. OP is retarded.
>>
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/21/grant-morrison-on-finishing-multiversity-and-whats-next-at-dc

>Morrison: Pretty much. I got kind of bummed out, because obviously I was doing the Batman Incorporated book and Action Comics, and it was just a lot of work for me. It got to the point where I didn't really want to do monthly books anymore. And I found myself wanting to do some stuff outside of comics - TV and film stuff - so the timing to do monthly comics wasn't really there anymore. It felt like it was an opportunity to diversify. I loved being able to spend so much time with Multiversity and do multiple drafts and re-drafts on it. It seemed a lot more fun than doing the improv stuff I was doing on the monthly books. So, yeah, it seemed like a different way to organize the work and still keep doing some work at DC. I always love to do the DC characters and come back to the universe, or the DC multiverse.
>>
>>90563277
Special attraction writer.
>>
Will he ever write for Marvel again?
>>
because he's almost 60 and he wants to slow down a bit. nothing wrong with that
>>
>>90566062
No. The Jemas regime at marvel drove him out due to their constant interferance on his x men run
>>
>>90563277
Johns vision was backed by the executives and DiDio didnt had power anymore. Morrison got tired of that, there's no feud between him or Johns but it's pretty clear that they had very different ideas on how develop the multiverse. Johns was safer and was favored by the executives, Moorrison has a long history of not working well with others and expecting everyone continue the seeds he planted. Very few could to that and at the same time tons of writers can do the generic stuff Johns do. Morrison got really pissed about Captain Marvel, and the lack of support multiversity had, the only reason he continues in DC is DiDio and love for the characters, he got tired of being screwd by the suits.

Look at every event since flashpoint it continually ignores everything morrison did with final crisis. I doubt he is happy about the whole manhattan deal either, anyway is for the best, stuff out of continuity is the only thing Morrison should do at DC, DC and Marvel don't deserve someone like him.
>>
>>90570254
>I doubt he is happy about the whole manhattan deal either

It's like you don't understand Morrison at all
>>
>>90563277
He has gotten a couple pilots on his work ordered at SyFy. He's gotten an order for "Happy" and his interpretation of Aldous Huxley's "Brave New World.

Combine those with being editor for Heavy Metal and completing WW: Earth One and working on two other OGNs and he's had a full year. Multiversity 2 will probably start to surface around 2019 unless he decides to try a monthly again.
>>
>>90570443
>He's gotten an order for "Happy"

...Man, that's disappointing.

As someone who's read the lion's share of the man's published works, that is near the bottom.

And this is coming from someone who thought Kill Your Boyfriend was okay.
>>
>>90570525
How's his Doom Patrol? I don't read many comics and i'm curious about it.
>>
>>90570397
I do. he hates shit for the sake of events he did his own Watchmen, do you think Johns has a brilliant plan and that it will be a good story?

It's WB mandated shit, the very same stuff Morrison hates.
>>
>>90570525
>, that is near the bottom.

Yes, but now think on how it will be on a different media
>>
>>90570570
Great, I strongly recommend picking it up. It's quite bizarre, but well done. Very strong character work and lots of high concept stuff.
>>
>>90570570
It's one of his best comics. Read that and Flex Mentallo
>>
>>90570627
Think i'll order the first volume then, thanks.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.