[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worst Pixar Movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 13

File: Brave_Poster.jpg (71KB, 300x444px) Image search: [Google]
Brave_Poster.jpg
71KB, 300x444px
You can't argue with this.
>>
>>90536080
That's not any of the Cars movies.
>>
>>90536117
This. Brave would have been the lowest rated Pixar movie if not for Cars 2.
>>
>>90536080
I never saw it but it just looks like
>nonconforming female the movie
am I correct? is this why the movie tanked?
>>
It has great waifus, so no, it's not.

I find myself liking the movie a little more each time I watch it. I'd actually really like a sequel, since I like everything about the movie EXCEPT the story. So another movie with the characters, setting, etc. but with a better story, I'd be down for.
>>
If the whole movie had the atmosphere of the spooky bear castle it could be good, but it's a tonal mess.
>>
>>90536117
Cars 1 was good. Cars 2 was a piece of shit. It's still more competent than Brave, though.
>>
>>90536145
She turns her mother into a fucking bear because she doesn't want to marry
she's a little self-absorbed cunt
>>
>>90536080
You asked a question, what's the point in arguing against a question?
>>
>>90536145
Weak plot, meh lead, especially uncompelling antagonist, ginger minions for comic relief

There's a number of things
>>
>>90536080
This movie had serious third act problems, it's like someone who hadn't even read the script rewrote the end of the movie entirely
>>
>>90536145
It tanked because it was nothing like what was advertised, which was Ginger Mulan: The Movie.

>>90536163
If Cars can get a sequel and spinoffs Brave can surely get a sequel, right?
>>
>>90536117
What's the worst Pixar movie that ISN'T Cars related?
>>
>>90536163
Great waifus don't save shitty movies , dude
>>
>>90536212
Yeah, really, she should've just signed her life away, fucking cunt. How dare she want to make her own decisions!

Jesus Christ, it's not like she didn't realize she fucked up, the whole movie was about her realizing her mistake and trying to change her back.
>>
Eleanor is a milf, You can't disprove this.
>>
>>90536234
because it most likely happened, they removed Brenda Chapman, original director.
>>
File: MaudiePOV.gif (2MB, 718x300px) Image search: [Google]
MaudiePOV.gif
2MB, 718x300px
Make a sequel all about Maudie and her big boobed misadventures.
>>
>>90536277
>How dare she want to make her own decisions!
poisoning her own mother was a fucking great decision yup
>>
>>90536327
You ever think the pixar animators that work on things like this have massive erections while they're animating?
>>
>>90536277
>poisoning your mother because she wants you to follow an archaic tradition is okay!

People need to realize that "I want you to marry this person" is a pretty drastic request but it's not fucking evil
>>
This movie was utter shit
>>
File: Bugs_life_ver5_xlg.jpg (294KB, 1010x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Bugs_life_ver5_xlg.jpg
294KB, 1010x1500px
This is the worst Pixar movie. FITE ME
>>
>>90536415
Probably not because they do the animation work before they do the rendering, so it looks like ugly shit.

I'd honestly hate that job. At least for a 2D animator the pencils can still look good.
>>
>>90536080
Brave isn't bad, shit is confy as fuck.
>>
>>90536416
She didn't know it would turn her into a fucking bear and regretted her decision, didn't she? It's not like she was trying to kill her mom, she thought it'd be a harmless spell to get her to change her mind.
>>
>>90536434
?? did pixar even make this? anon we're talking about shitty pixar movies, and also I heard this movie was great.

high alch yourself, you stupid fuck.
>>
>>90536434
That's Laika, cabron

And it was fine
>>
>>90536439
How in the world can the Seven Samurai be a bad movie?
>>
>>90536277
What I want to know is why Merida got away with poisoning her mom and turning into a bear, almost getting her killed by her own husband and almost plunged four clans into an all-out war. Yes, she didn't know the effects her actions would have but I'm pretty sure doing at least the first thing would be grounds for some sort of punishment.
>>
>>90536642
It probably wasn't relevant to the plot, but probably happened off screen.
>>
>>90536642

disney women get away with everything.
>>
>>90536739
I'm sure the nightmares of what transpired in Arendelle and the strange looks she gets in public from time to time are punishment enough. And besides, who wants to be the unlucky bastard to try something like that on Elsa? The last time that happened she almost killed two guys.
>>
Good Dinosaur and Monsters U are worse than Cars 2, which was a little worse than Brave.
>>
You haven't seen Finding Dory I'm guessing?.
>>
>>90537137
I'd probably put Monsters U on the same level as Brave. Not amazing, but fun enough.

I never saw The Good Dinosaur, but heard from just about everyone I've asked that it's not very good.
>>
>>90537137
>>90537173
>>90537182

when they reshuffled talents with disney pixar started to make weak movies
>>
>>90537182
>>90537137
Good dinosaur is just straight up plain oats bland

The environments are ridiculous but the characters themselves are gumby tier
>>
>>90536080
I can't watch this movie because there are no bears in ireland
>>
>>90537728
Top troll. Nearly ragesponded.
>>
>>90536508
>She didn't know it would turn her into a fucking bear
A witch gave her what she thought was a mind-controlling pie

Is that any better?
>>
>>90536739
Is her face creepy to anyone else?
>>
>>90538659

she was a villain originally
>>
>>90538707
It's downs-creepy not evil-creepy, though
>>
>>90536145
The movie tanked because it sucked. >>90536250 is pretty spot on with what it was advertised as. I think everyone was excited to see that. Instead we got a whiny bitch with zero control over her actions and emotions.
>>
>>90536080
It's not all that bad
>>
>>90537728
>>90538107
Am I legit retarded or doesn't this take place in Scotland?
>>
>>90539775
>>90536250
I can't hardly remember the trailers except for the bit of her climbing a cliff face or something

Did it really?
>>
>>90536080
No, that would be Up.
>>
>>90540446
fish.png
>>
>>90540904
Oh really? Go on, tell me which part of that piece of shit you liked? The grumpy old man, the annoying mongoloid, Big Bird's retarded cousin or the dog lifted straight from Dexter's Lab?
>>
>>90541122
No he just cried at the first 2 minutes that revealed that GASP old people die and that's like super sad boohoo
literally no one gives a shit about the rest of the movie
>>
>>90536145
For like 2/3rds of the movie. Then there's an inexplicable magic plot and the story completely changes from "girl trying to break social norms" to "understanding between family members is important." The focus on the mom in the latter part of the movie is out of nowhere.

It's amazingly terrible on even a base level.
>>
>>90541188
Well, you're not wrong. Up is an amazing short with a mediocre movie attached to the back of it.
>>
File: DSC_0679 (2).jpg (436KB, 1982x1873px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0679 (2).jpg
436KB, 1982x1873px
>hating the best girl
>>
>>90541263
Brenda Chapman's version was supposed to be heavily focused on the relationship between Merida and her mother. If anything it means the first part of the movie is what got altered when they dropped Chapman.
>>
>>90540205
IIRC a lot of the trailers showed her riding though the forests on her horse and shooting arrows at stuff, especially the infamous "Shooting for my own hand scene" that they put into every trailer because they wanted to hype that shit up as much as possible to make up for the lack of action in the movie on a whole.
>>
>>90536080
The soundtrack is pretty good though
>>
>>90541939
Why was she removed? I was going to college at the time and people loved to scream because of misogyny but what was the official reason?
>>
>>90536439
Fuck you and everything you stand for, A Bug's Life is great and Pixar's most underrated film. It's animation is nice, it uses its setting and premise well, the soundtrack is phenomenal, the characters are likable and memorable, and it has hands down, by far, the best villain Pixar's ever produced.
>>
>>90536080
>Expect a fantasy epic
>Maybe something like Braveheart but Mel replaced by a girl
>Get a story about a woman being turned into a bear where the main villain is also a bear
>Main character doesn't actually do anything particularly brave enough to warrant the title of the film
>>
>>90536080
>worst
no
>most boring
probably yes
I mean, It's so boring you can't even have hate thread about it cause all flaws are already mentioned. Like here >>90543029
here >>90541263
here>>90539775
and here>>90536224
>>
It's got many problems, but it's hardly the only Disney-Pixar film that got its creative team replaced halfway through resulting in a schizophrenic mess. Pretty much all of them at that time were like that.
>>
File: Kars Tew.jpg (1009KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Kars Tew.jpg
1009KB, 2560x1600px
>>90536080
This is what happens when toy sales decide character billing.
>>
I love how Merida's character is so boring that fanfiction writers have to lump her together with characters from other unoverses for her to have any depth.
>>
>>90536642
Her life was in danger multiple times within the movie itself. What punishment would be worse? I think she got hers.
>>
>>90543029
I think the worst thing was

>Archery advertised like it's absolutely key to the story, and at the heart of the character and plot
>Turns out the protagonist just happens to enjoy archery and other than her "I'll compete for my own hand" moment, barely mattered.
>>
>>90544015
Funny how bows are being pushed has weapons for woman/weaker characters when they actually require a lot of upper body strength to draw and fire them.
>>
>>90544334
Less than swinging a huge piece of metal while also catching swings from other huge pieces of metal with your huge piece of metal-banded wood and also wearing a lot of metal while running around for the duration of hours does. Standing on a nearby hill and loosing arrows is nothing compared to melee.
>>
>>90544475
Swords weren't used that much in wars and they weight far less than people think. Archers also wore all kinds of armor because they were being shot at too. Even full plate armor isn't that heavy or restrictive due to it being balanced over your entire body.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzTwBQniLSc
>>
>>90538502
Seriously. For all she knew that pie could've just killed her mom. Elinor is the true hero of the film for putting up with her daughter's bullshit.
>>
>>90544334
For whatever reason crossbows and spears aren't popular weapons for protags.
>>
>>90544860
Neither are maces even though they're much better to use when fighting an armored opponent
>>
>>90542769
From what I can gather based on my admitted limited knowledge it was a bunch of executive meddling after production had begun that resulted in her getting pulled from the director's chair when she wouldn't play ball.
>>
>>90545190
This

People don't realize it these days with our obscene sloth and quality of life, but she was insanely privileged in a way only a fraction of humanity ever experienced. Having to marry someone, for the good of her people by the way, was the absolute worst thing to happen in her life. In medieval Scotland. Hell medieval ANYWHERE having that be the worst thing to happen to you would be a blessing.

Maybe if the guys were all assholes but at worst they were doofuses.
>>
>>90544334
Because it lets women fight while keeping them out of physical danger, since people still have an issue with the idea of women getting hurt in battle.
Same reason women in modern military settings are always snipers or pilots.
>>
>>90545929
It's like all these faggots don't want warrior woman or amazons to appear more often in media
>>
>>90544860
Give Malazan Book of the Fallen a read for crossbow use.
Read Stormlight archives for spear use.
>>
>>90544860
When crossbows are used by protagonists they turn into funny shaped semiautomatic guns.
>>
>>90546086
I liked the one in Van Helsing. Yeah it was retarded but it was the fun kind of retarded
>>
File: b2e4d5821956ea8b633652605f456cf6.jpg (496KB, 2600x2000px) Image search: [Google]
b2e4d5821956ea8b633652605f456cf6.jpg
496KB, 2600x2000px
>>90546029
At least the Nips know what's up
>>
>>90546271
>Western fantasy game
>No spear option
>If there is a spear option 90% chance is it's a thrown weapon
>Nip game
>Spear fighting is a fully supported melee option
Spears is one of the few things Nip games always do right
>>
File: Nabooru_Artwork.png (588KB, 685x869px) Image search: [Google]
Nabooru_Artwork.png
588KB, 685x869px
>>90546558
>Also the Gerudo are uglier this time around
Uh huh, sure

The IDEA of the Gerudo has always been more appealing than the reality. I think they're fine.
>>
>>90545716
>famous beautiful guy who's full of himself
>handsome oaf who looks like a shy but goodhearted guy
>a literal retard (possibly savant)
The Oaf or the Rockstar were bot very tolerable choices. Instead she almost killed her mother and caused a Clan War. She was an entitled little bitch who wasn't beaten enough as a kid, and her brothers are growing up to be the same type of hellions. Also BULLSHIT did none of the guys want to marry her: pretty, quick-witted and good with a bow is pretty much high tier as far as princesses go.
>>
>>90536080
The movie would have been better if Meridia wasn't the main character.

It's the opposite of Mulan, which is a bad movie saved by Mulan being great.
>>
>>90546868
You have to remember that the other guys are in the same situation. "Hey son, we're getting you hitched to some chick you never met before so we can score political points with her dad." Brave could have been a lot better if it had been Merida and one of her suitors running away from the arranged marriage, buddy-comedy style.
>>
>>90547612
Now that might have been worth a watch.

Has that ever been done before? Two people arranged to be married platonically running away together?
>>
>>90547612
>not the entire future generation of the nobility saying "fug dis" and skedaddling

You could have shit like another enemy country swooping in to try and uproot the noble blood lines n shiet and have the niggas learn about duty and all that good stuff
>>
>>90547912
Sounds like a screwball comedy or one of the Road to... movies.
>>
>>90537648
Yeah, as someone who loves dinosaurs, the Good Dinosaur was real bad.
>>
>>90536080

Brave was godawful, but what really makes it PAINFUL is the fact that it had the seeds of greatness.

I mean, come on. Cars is about a race car driver...that's a race car. Cute, yeah, bu the concept is small, self-limiting.

Brave had MERIDA, to this date perhaps the best character design the mouse has made.

Brave had that title. Goddamn, what a good title, especially combined with the looks of the MC.

Brave had the Mythological Isles as a setting. Fucking hell, the will'o'wisps even in this crippled fragment of a movie were awesome.

All Brave needed was a STORY. Make it a prettier version of Braveheart, with Merida defending her family and home against the Wild Hunt, for example.

Make it spooky and awesome, with huge battle scenes that MEAN SOMETHING, with Merida rallying the clans of her suitors by her courage and grace and strength, rather than her amazing looks.

Brave had the potential for GREATNESS.

Instead we got...this.

What a giant waste.

I never expected anything out of Cars. Brave could have been, SHOULD have been, better.

Everybody involved should be ASHAMED.
>>
>>90550053
Even a low-key fantasy story in the vein of a fairy tale would have been more appropriate given the ad campaign.
>>
>>90536080
It did not make you feel or love. Nothing clever happened.
>>
GM: Sure, you can make your character the princess. It's going to be more of a political intrigue/war between clans campaign, so it's a good thi ng you took some combat skills. The campaign starts with an arranged marriage, so I'll fit her in there.

Merida: I want her to be independent! She wants to be her own woman and not marry!

GM: No prob, we'll do a little roleplay with, lets say, your mother and we can get into the campaign I wrote after talks break down.

One session later....

GM: Okay, we're done with the back story you wanted. Finally. You and your mother are at an impasse. Can we move on?

Merida: Merida wants to continue fighting with her mother until she understands women's sufferage.

One session later...

GM: Steve's one legged fighter is all combat. Are you sure you want to leave him to do all the negotiating? Your character hears angry shouts and clanging of weapons from the meeting hall, and you took all those ranks in Diplomacy.

Merida: I'm going to try pitching a fit at my mother until I get my way. Can I cast spells?

GM: No.

Merida: I wreck the tapestry in my room.

One more session later....

Merida: I rolled a 100 on the d100, and now you have to let her find a witch. You said I could if I rolled 100.

GM: Fine! You find a witch! She turns your mother into a bear! She's a bear now! Now lets get back to the castle-

Merida: But... I don't want her to be a bear. I try to ask the witch to change her back.

GM: She's gone! Forever! With magic!

Merida: I want to go on a journey to rescue my mom from being a bear through a journey of self discovery and understanding.

Steve: I've decided that my one legged fighter lost his leg to a bear. So he hates all bears, has heard that there is a bear in the kingdom, and will stop at nothing to kill it.

GM: Thank you Steve. All of the clansmen inexplicably stop fighting long enough to agree that they should all join forces to kill this fucking bear.
>>
>>90543552
Not a bad thing for Frozen 2 though. Elsa is top, then Olaf, while Anna & Kristoff are barely there since their sales are shit.
>>
>>90544822
Anyone who thinks teenagers don't make dumb decisions and wouldn't jump at the chance to fix things through magic haven't had kids and don't remember what it was like to be a teenager.
>>
>>90536080
I'm sorry, but A Bug's Life was much worse.
>>
>>90551164
"Dumb decision" was covered with running away. "Turn your mother into a bear because you fed her a magic pie you got from a witch who expressly said it was a bad idea," goes far beyond that.
>>
>>90550053
>We'll never see the Wild Hunt in a movie
>>
>>90550719
>GM: Sure, you can make your character the princess.

God, I bet this is exactly what happened. Some fucktard in Executive wanted to 'make a statement' and fucking RUINED what might have been.

All SJW's should hurl themselves ceremoniously off bridges. High ones.
>>
Look at Frozen. Frozen tackles the concept of puberty and repression through the metaphor of a princess unable to control her ice powers. It was a great adventure story with magic and suspense, but the meat of the story is the difference between attraction and love that everyone struggles with as they approach maturity.

Look how completely unsubtle Brave was. Everything was explained to us. They tackled the complicated relationship between mother and daughter by.... having excruciating drag out shouting matches. The kind of stuff is literally, conflict without metaphor. Then when you start bringing in your fantastic elements which can serve to support your themes, you have nowhere to go. "The bear is a metaphor for the complicated relationship? But I already saw them have that explicit drag out 'mom is fighting with her siblings at thanksgiving dinner over place settings' fight earlier."
>>
>>90536163
>great waifu
I can only imagine you're talking about the mom and the nanny because that main girl was a bitch who poisons her mom
>>
>>90536080
I don't even know that it was bad it was just really REALLY boring. Like the premise was ok, but there just wasn't enough at stake
>>
I can't believe the creator of Sam and Max worked on this.
>>
File: Lord_Of_The_Hunt.png (573KB, 1000x720px) Image search: [Google]
Lord_Of_The_Hunt.png
573KB, 1000x720px
>>90552127
>>We'll never see the Wild Hunt in a movie

It could have SO AWESOME.

Imagine if the hacks writing this turd had put in the Wild Hunt, got all epic and mythological, and Wodan's Big Reveal was a stright callback to this epic motherfucker from Fantasia.

People would STILL be talking about it.

Instead we got a teen girls bitching and a fucking bear.
>>
>>90552204
Not sure outright SJW nonsense was at the root of it. But the idea that "We need to show that royalty can abandon their duties so long as they have a vagina and this is totally ok and a relevant message to young girls" I think we've had enough "abandons your duties if you don't like them" morals in the last few decades
>>
>>90536439
I don't care how /fit/ you are, I'll hit you until you stop talking shit because you're just that wrong.
>>
File: IMG_5397.png (134KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5397.png
134KB, 300x300px
>>
>>90536080

It's not the worst, but it's the most disappointing.

A story with real moral depth raises questions for viewers rather than answer them. Brave seemed to be headed in this direction, then regressed into Hollywood feel-good, empowerment fantasy schlock halfway through.
>>
>>90536080
It's sad because I'd have loved a story about her father and his whacky adventures.
>>
>>90536277
That's the compensation for living as a literal princess.

She'd risk peace in the lands over it.
>>
Pixar lost its spark after 2010, they started to make really mediocre movies, Toy Story 3 was a goodbye movie to good Pixar, not Toy Story franchise.
>>
>>90551164
Yeah but that's not fun or interesting to watch, it's just annoying and makes Merida look like a giant cunt. Kids think this too.
>>
>>90536277
Shut the fuck up faggot
>>
>>90536117
Cars 1 is comfy. Cars 2 was awful. But Cars 3 looks like it's going to be good.
>>
>>90536080
Tonight I actually just wrote a short essay partially about how bad this film was for my english class.

I specifically discuss this vingette
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4a7n37Mx8I
Because in another class I once saw had one of the storyboard animators show all his story boards for each iteration of this scene through the process of its construction, and at the beginning before the studio bigwigs started meddling with it it was pretty cute and fun.
>>
>>90547612
Yeah, but for them it's different. They are marrying the the single most highborn match in their country. They can still wench and such, and Merida is at least hot, non-dull and healthy. As far as medieval brides go, she's the jackpot.
Thread posts: 117
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.