[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post X-Men characters that the Fox films mishandled or got wrong.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 10

File: x-men-apocalypse-oscar-isaac.jpg (48KB, 630x365px) Image search: [Google]
x-men-apocalypse-oscar-isaac.jpg
48KB, 630x365px
Post X-Men characters that the Fox films mishandled or got wrong.
>>
File: 4815512-juggernaut+fox.jpg (71KB, 448x640px) Image search: [Google]
4815512-juggernaut+fox.jpg
71KB, 448x640px
For what reason?
>>
Don't really agree.
Design wise, they should have made his skin pale grey with the darker lips. But his armor design was fantastic.
Would have kept his eyes more dulled the whole film, his pupils diluted his menace in several key scenes.
>>
>>90500544
He was great though.
Better than a CGI Josh Brolin.
>>
>>90500544
picture unrelated, I see?
>>
>>90500583
>Don't really agree.
Well, Singer had this one that artwork that looks like the comic, but he went to the Power Rangers style instead
>>
we all agree Scott got shafted the most
>>
Sansa Jean is terrible. Should recast with Katherine McNamera.
>>
>>90500981
Everyone who isn't Wolverine, Charles or Magneto.

The worst, just by nature of the fact that she's in almost as many of the movies as the previous three characters, is Mystique. I still have no idea what her film character is because they bounced between a model that can't really act, and an actress who performed like a glorified model.

Jugg and Apoc are bad but at least they were only bad ONCE. We've had films worth of shitty Cyclops and Mystique.
>>
File: give the rights back.jpg (116KB, 900x400px) Image search: [Google]
give the rights back.jpg
116KB, 900x400px
>>
>>90500915
The only thing power-rangering was the blue skin texture, the armor wasn't cheap or fake at all.
The texture/patterning on the armor looked vastly better then what Apocalypse traditionally looks like.
>>
>>90500544
>got wrong
He was a speech reciting jobber, seems pretty accurate to me. But yeah the look was all wrong
>>
>>90500996
God I hated the way she talked.
>>
>>90500544
Literally everyone that isn't Charles or Erik. Jackman's Wolverine was good for what he was, but they still got the character wrong.
>>
Will the FoX-men ever go cosmic? I want to see shi'ar and brood.
>>
Generally? >>90501187

Pretty much the entire franchise has been mishandled with awful sequel hooks and transitions and terrible adaptions of story lines.

But specifically I have to go with this bitch right here. Elevated to A-lister status solely because of J. Law.
>>
File: viper.jpg (108KB, 604x798px) Image search: [Google]
viper.jpg
108KB, 604x798px
>>90500544
Why was she needed in the Wolverine movie?
>>
>>90501840
What the fuck was her character arc? Seems like they made her into a radically different character each film to fit Jennifer Lawrence's needs.
>>
>>90501187
>>90501840
nice samefag

only one you're right about is jlaw
>>
>>90501108

>Everyone who isn't Wolverine, Charles or Magneto.

Nightcrawler was alright
>>
>>90501187
>implying Marvel could do anything better
Not that I'm defending Fox's fuck-ups but Marvel would do just as poor of a job at handling the X-Men.
We would never have movies like Logan or Deadpool if the franchise was in the MCU
>>
>>90503698

Or even x2 or dofp.
>>
>>90500981
>we all agree Scott got shafted the most

Clops' always gets shafted
>>
>>90501840
implying that's a bad thing
>>
>>90502078
Nah, that nightcrawler was weird, creepy, anti-social, and a cult like ultra religious, as opposed to a fun loving, ladies man with a strong Catholic faith.

People just forgive that due his first scene being spectacular

>>90501108
Pretty much exactly what this guy says, though. All of these movies are solely carried on the backs of a few amazingly cast and acted characters. I'm willing to add Wolverine to that list, although that may be because of Logan.
>>
File: 148900902_640.jpg (52KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
148900902_640.jpg
52KB, 640x480px
>>90503748
>>90503698

Agreed.

I'm someone who defends the lighthearted tone of the MCU, I mean they're popcorn flicks from Disney what do you expect?

But if the XMEN went back to Marvel it would just be way too much and it would be the same fucking nonsense that Apocalypse was with the flying vortexes and spinning fire shit, you know what I'm saying?

I mean how many times has Marvel and the DCEU done the "blue light shooting up in the sky" shit?
>>
>>90504005
>weird, creepy, anti-social, and a cult like ultra religious

Literally all of this is wrong.
>>
>>90504005

>that nightcrawler was weird, creepy, anti-social

That's what he's like in those running from Munich mob flashbacks
>>
>>90501840
>Elevated to A-lister status solely because of J. Law
Well she was always a solid B in the comics, so that's not a huge stretch, and people liked Rebecca in the role, it's just y'know, the movies are shit
>>
>>90504059
He lived alone in an abandoned church, very awkwardly complimented Storm, got a ritualistic mark on his skin for every sin he committed....how are you even disagreeing here? He was not a swashbuckling hero, he was a weird ass blue dude who lived in isolation
>>
>>90501840
>Pretty much the entire franchise has been mishandled
I disagree.

First and Second movies were nice superhero movies for its time.

Origins was terrbie.

Third movie...lets just pretend it doesn't exist.

First Class was perfectly Fine.

Wolverine in Japan was boring, but as film wasn't bad.

Days of Future past was nice.

Apocalypse was a bit all over the place and a bit boring, but still, made de cut.

Deadpool was badass.

Logan is gorgeous.

So, out of 10 movies 6 were good, 2 were meh and 2 were so awful that is better don't remember them.
>>
>>90501861
Eye candy? I forgot who she is.
>>
>>90504157
true true true

is it not more to do with nightcrawler being kinda sorta super catholic in the comics at that time though? can't remember but if this was around the time that dude wrote the arc where nightcrawler was going to be elected pope and everyone was going to die from poisoned communion wafers or some shit then... lmao

he's much better in apocalypse in any case. sorry alan cumming.
>>
Literally all of them.
>>
>>90504043
>popcorn flicks

You flim-jammed the jim-jam.
>>
>>90501861
Because she's Silver Samurai's partner in crime.
>>
File: deadpool-wolverine.png (122KB, 514x358px) Image search: [Google]
deadpool-wolverine.png
122KB, 514x358px
Obvious choice is obvious.
>>
>>90504328
You know, I'm not actually sure where Kurt was at in the comics around this time and you're right, that might have something to do with it.

I always get a little bent out of shape about how liberal the X-movies are with the characters. If it was ever done in a good way I wouldn't care, but it's always random mutants in the background, with shit powers and familiar names. Even Logan fell prey to this in the third act
>>
File: david attenborough.jpg (57KB, 460x287px) Image search: [Google]
david attenborough.jpg
57KB, 460x287px
>>90504385
This movie is so damn entertaining that I can't hate it. It's like a 90's comic.
>>
>>90504157
Agreed. Cummingcrawler was crap.
>>
>>90500996
THIS!
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.