[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is Black Bolt. Say something nice about him.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 5

File: Black Bolt.jpg (184KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Black Bolt.jpg
184KB, 1200x1200px
This is Black Bolt. Say something nice about him.
>>
>>90495584
More like WHITE bolt
>>
>>90495584
He looks like if Benedict Cumberbatch was a human.
>>
>>90495584

He looks like a confused old man afflicted with dementia wandering the street after dressing himself in some goth kids clothing shop which he mistook for his own home closet.
>>
>>90495584
I'm gonna miss the mask, but as Captain America has proven, capeshit is always better without it.
>>
Needs a mask but bretty gud
>>
>>90495584
At least he didn't lose the throne to a nuhuman, like Medusa.
>>
>>90495584

He looks like he ate too much acid and he got lost on a city sidewalk
>>
>>90495797
See: >>90495791
>>
>>90495791
I just want the lines colored in and the fork. Mask always look shit even in the movies, a show twould be even worse.
>>
File: ivx.jpg (313KB, 1200x797px) Image search: [Google]
ivx.jpg
313KB, 1200x797px
>>90495584

He looks like he's going to fit right in with his fellow X-Men.
>>
>>90495584
Looks good
>>
>>90495584

will this be on the cw?
>>
>>90496066
seriously?
>>
>>90495832
He teleports in with Lockjaw, its the obligatory fish out of water reaction
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRSL1ibg2GC/
>>
>>90495970
> not editing on a belt

1/10
>>
>>90495584
Why should I? When has he ever said anything nice about me?
>>
>>90496374
He vocalizes nice things about you all the time
>>
>>90495584
Can I get a swift gestalt on this guy?
>>
>>90495791
The first Avenger had it down with the mask/helmet combo and it was way better than this monstrosity.

The other Cap movies did a good job too which is why AoU adopted.

Hell the fucking CW's shitty Flash mask is better than this.
>>
>>90495584
WHAT THE FUCK PLEASE DONT BE TRUE
>>
Why are they so ashamed of the costumes? I mean, what the fuck is this? He looks like a city accountant who tried to join a leather biker club.
>>
>>90496498
It's 1 picture anon. You act like hero's never take off their smelly mask
>>
>>90495584
He is an eloquent public speaker.
>>
>>90496525
Wolverine proved costumes are stupid ideas
>>
>>90495791
>>90495865

You stupid as hell.

The first Captain America outfit, and the Civil War/Winter Soldier outfit works great.
>>
You retards getting baited so hard, they wont start filming any Inhumans related at least until next year
>>
>>90496555

It's a TV show now, senpai.

This was confirmed summer of last year.
>>
>>90496569
>inhumans on tv budget
Please kill me
>>
>>90495647
Now i cant unsee this
>>
>>90496529
I've seen the movie and it's awful.

Them taking it off is not the problem though but the maks gives them personality, it's like Batman without his batcowl.

If you can't accept that then you're in the wrong medium.
>>
>>90496605
I was kind of hopeful Marvel Studios would have done something remotely interesting with them but now that Marvel Entertainment is handling it with their shitty TV budget they will most likely make the Inhumans into generic X-Men trash and the comics will try to do synergy with it.

AoS is super bland so I don't have any hopes for this.
>>
>>90496605
Just 8 episodes, and judging by their casting choices, they've got money to spare.
>>
>>90495584

...On Game of Thrones?
>>
X-Men/X2 tier costume, 17 years too late.
>>
>>90495584
I'm sure he does very well in gay bars and truck stops.
>>
>>90495584
He's part of the MCU
>>
>>90495584
Came admirably close to exterminating the mutant menace.
>>
>>90495584
looks apropriatley disgusted at lack of tuning fork
>>
>>90495791
I'm not convinced that a completely uncovered head was the best possible look. They couldn't have designed a crown or a headband?
>>
>>90495584
Y'know, this is CLOSE to being a good costume but it just misses the mark by omitting two of the most important elements. All he needs for this to be good is:
>make the embossed lightning bolts (which you can clearly see are there) white or at least silver
>give him a simplistic "crown" with the tuning fork on the front
Without that, it just doesn't work.
>>
>>90499136
I'm going to assume (or at least hope) that he does have a crown and he's just not wearing it for this particular scene for some reason.
>>
>>90496555
It comes out in September and it started filming on the 3rd.
>>
>>90496605
It's 8 episodes and the first two episodes are being funded by IMAX to offload some of the costs. The entire budget for all 8 episodes is still going to be less than one RDJ paycheck so don't expect movie quality anything, but it should at least be higher production value than most shows.
>>
>>90499081
Appropriately disgusted describes most Black Bolt appearances the past couple years.
>>
>>90495584
I think that leather is the wrong choice.

I understand why they didn't want him to be wearing spandex, but I feel like they could have given him some attire that looks more kingly. The colour scheme of Black Bolt could actually make for some really fantastic armour, and the mask turned into a helm.

As it stands, he looks like a character from a CW show.
>>
>>90495584
>No white
>But the white marks are right there
>No wings
>No mask
>No kirbyesque design
>Literally just a trenchcoat lol

Not impressed.
>>
I will it had the white. The mask would be nice, but it probably looks terrible in live action, I think he's better without it.
>>
>>90500571
This.

And he's a king for fucks sake, make him look regal at least. There he just looks like a regular capeshit guy.
>>
>>90495817

Ignorance or trolling. God damn is it hard to tell on this shitpile of a board.
>>
>>90496605
Oh yeah, it takes so much money to animate hair powers and a giant dog.
>>
>>90499924

Agreed. Also wings. They can be tied into a coat I'd think.
>>
>>90500770
What is wrong with that post?
>>
>>90495584
He's got the intimidating face and jawline so that's good. Don't like the leather and the lack of white in the costume however..
The material of Daredevil's costume has been the best on TV, is that shit expensive or what?
>>
>>90500737
>And he's a king for fucks sake, make him look regal at least.

This is the main glaring issue with the costume. I'm not a purist with adaptions; I don't mind change, and understand why spandex would be inappropriate for a lot of characters.

But this costume tells us sweet fuck all about the character wearing it. An all-black biker jacket with very little distinguishing detail is the most boring thing they could have put him in.
>>
>>90495584
Something nice about him.
>>
>>90500800
Isn't Medusa old as fuck?
>>
>>90501027
Pretty sure she is younger than Black Bolt. Besides the post just she lost the throne to one of the hybrid Inhumans.
>>
>>90501119
I got what the post meant, but I'm assuming the guy thought that >>90495817
was implying medusa is a nuhuman.
>>
>>90500571
>>Literally just a trenchcoat lol

You have no idea what a trench coat is, do you?
>>
>>90500948
I hope it is casual attire.
He could have ceremonial clothes back in Attilan and such simple jacket for everyday needs.
>>
>>90496545
You mean the wolverine movies proved the costumes are necessary? Absolutely.

I havent seen Logan but if Jackman doesn't wear the yellow once in it, even for a second of flashback, then he never played wolverine a single time in 17 years.
>>
>>90501342
No, you're misunderstanding. The preview pages for Royals #1 reveals that Medusa gets deposed and replaced as Queen of New Attilan by Iso, a nuhuman.
>>
>>90500825
Yeah, he was a good casting choice. It's the costume that's the problem.
>>
>>90501777
Well then I have some bad news for you.
>>
File: tumblr_o1klq4D3XK1spe9yao1_540.jpg (121KB, 540x726px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1klq4D3XK1spe9yao1_540.jpg
121KB, 540x726px
Crystal better be banging.
>>
>>90495970
That's uncanny
>>
>>90501931
He said he got that part, we were both wondering why>>90500770
called it trolling/ignorance
>>
>>90501956
I mean its neither good or bad news. Its news. Just means he literally never played wolverine a single time. Just Logan.

He's like the kid playing Bruce on Gotham. Can that kid really claim to have played batman?
>>
>>90495970
Funny thing is that I would actually be OK with Black Bolt's costume here if the bolts on his chest had the same colored lining that Bobby and Storm have on theirs. Slap on the Boltagon symbol as an emblem on his belt and you've got a solid costume.

If they were going to rip off the X-men costumes, they should have just gone all the way because the small touches are what it's missing.
>>
>>90495584
Marvel will never make Shithumans happen without Fiege or Netflix.
>>
>>90502036
That's not the same thing, though. I totally get what you're saying, even if I don't necessarily agree with it, but Logan and Bruce's relationships with their costumes are completely different. Bruce stops being Bruce when he puts on the cape and cowl while Logan could be butt naked and he'd still be Wolverine
>>
>>90502074
>Netflix.
>implying that wouldn't be worse
They have too big of a hard on for keeping things grounded. They suck at super powers just look at any scene jessica had to jump. Plus the budget would be lower than this since this is a IMAX colab and 8 episodes instead of 13.

>Fiege
Only if they toned down the comedy.
>>
>>90502179
My point is more external than internal. The "outside world" views batman as a completely seperate entity from bruce wayne. Theoretically theres no connection between the two in the minds of the Gotham citizens.

That's what was missing from wolverine, and the X-Men at large. The have yet to be the X-Men in almost 20 years of releases. The public (in-universe) barely knows about them. "Wolverine" doesn't exists as an entity only a guy with metal claws who's name is Logan. Literally nobody would be able to refer to him as wolverine besides people who know him at a VERY personal level. Maybe a handful of people in the world.

"Wolverine" is a super-hero the world within the movie should be able to name. Like they did with mystique in AoA (even though I have problems with J Law and mystique being the known quantity but... whatever).

tl:dr

I disagree. While logan sees himself as wolverine 24/7 the in-universe world has never heard that name and doesn't know who he is. The yellow spandex gives them a face and name of a superhero.
>>
>>90502554
>While logan sees himself as wolverine 24/7 the in-universe world has never heard that name and doesn't know who he is. The yellow spandex gives them a face and name of a superhero.

But thats never been that important to X-Men in universe. There was never that separation. They were all muties.
>>
>>90501777
>then he never played wolverine a single time in 17 years
This is the kind of thing that gives us a bad name.
>>
>>90502609
But look at the way they deal with Mystique and Mags in AoA.

The world knows their name. When he tells his coworkers he's Magneto the reactions are shown to expressly note that they know the name.

I understand what you're saying with the mutant struggle so maybe superhero was the wrong word. Commodity was better.

Magneto and Mystique, just the names, would conjure the image of a blue skin chick and a floating, metal controlling guy with a bullet shaped helmet.

Say "Wolverine" to anyone in the X-Men Movieverse and they wouldn't know who you were talking about. Maybe if you said that mutant with the metal claws they would know but not by the name wolverine.
>>
>>90502747
Those two were special cases, specifically for doing villain type things.

Even in the comics, for the longest time the X-Men had no big recognition individually. There was no aura around "Wolverine" in universe by normies, just from people who he had already met. I don't think it was until he joined the New Avengers where they even started talking that type of stuff with him.

By and large, the X-Men have the least amount of separation between codenames, real names, costumes, etc. Thats why the Morrison looks were able to be done. They don't have connections to their costumes other than "everyone else in this universe does it".

They are the farthest thing from Batman/Bruce, Spider-Man/Peter, Superman/Clark, etc.
>>
>>90495584
>Rubber Boots
Truly a king
>>
>>90502074
>Feige
>quip filled comedy
>super-formulaic and interchangable with every other movie
>nothing unique, memorable or remotely interesting
>normies start pretending to have been fans all along

>Netflix
>takes place in NYC instead of Attilan
>no one wears costumes
>peters out in the last third for an unsatisfying ending
>only visually interesting scene is the singular hallway fight in the second or third episode

Nah, I'm good. I'd rather they take their chances with ABC/IMAX than Feige's Marvel Comedy Universe or Netflix's Marvel Grounded Universe. Maybe it'll be shit, but at least it'll be it's own brand of shit.
>>
>>90496110
So, some of the series will take place on earth? Aeeh.

>Inb4 he gets frightened by a car (probably a truck), and yells, destroying it. Hopefully no one dies.
>>
Where's your fork, loser?
>>
>>90495768
Accurate.
>>
>>90495584
>no mask
Well, it's just a set picture. Not like Black Bolt walks around 24/7 in a mask. He'll wear the mask.

R-right?
>>
He doesn't need a cowl, but he at least needs a circlet with the tuning fork and maybe a damn domino mask as part of the Atillan cultural circumstance as those not made horrors by Terrigenesis doing so in reverence to the sacrifice of the others.
>>
>>90506293
In fight scenes probably. For everything else probably not. He already is mute having trying act through a mask would limit to just mouth/eyes/ and general body language. Besides the fork is attached to the mask so unless they go with the head It wouldn't be on either when the mask is off. They already have Lockjaw, Attilan on the moon, and Medusa with her hair powers, There is noway they thought the mask/fork was too silly after all of that.
>>
>>90507112
I thought Lockjaw wasnt in it?
>>
>>90507566
He's in it
>>
>>90507112
I expected that to happen, as should've everyone else. Black Bolt is a flawed character to bring into live-action because you can have literally anyone in a masked costume without speaking and it wouldn't even matter.
>>
File: 57b4c506b5b79.jpg (90KB, 940x529px) Image search: [Google]
57b4c506b5b79.jpg
90KB, 940x529px
>>90506293
Fuck the mask, simple crown like this would work 100 times better.
>>
>>90495584
Is this an edit? Because it looks like neither BB or the prop guy like where things are going.
>>
>>90507859
He has to wear all black leather in the Hawaiian sun. Doubt that's enjoyable.
>>
>>90507859
That's Anson Mount, it's 100% BB. It's from a scene where Lockjaw teleports him in.
>>
>>90495584
He won't be canon.
>>
>>90495584
>yet another boring looking leather fit
will we ever get the good ol spandex? and I'm not talking about the cheap stuff , im talking about a good quality spandex that costs a fuckton of money.
>>
>>90508992
Who gives a shit about canon
The modern Marlel comics are all canon and are all garbage
>>
>>90511234
>The modern Marlel comics are all canon
No they aren't. If Joss Wheadon isn't involved then it's not canon.
>>
Currently reading Inhumans vs X-Men and looks like the comics Black bolt.
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.