[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transformers: Cybertron (Unicron Trilogy)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Hot Shot is trash.jpg (30KB, 250x186px) Image search: [Google]
Hot Shot is trash.jpg
30KB, 250x186px
Why does Trasnformers: Cybertron make no sense canonically in the Unicron Trilogy?

Aside from the beginning in which the destruction of Unicron causes a black hole to be formed (as well as other small references). There were tons of things that were changed from Transformers Energon that made no sense.

1. Why do the Autobots need to be in hiding? They were literally working side by side with the Humans in Energon and helped set up bases in the Solar System for pete's sake.

2. Hot Shot makes no sense. Why did he revert back into a reckless hot head (no pun intended) when he was a seasoned warrior in Energon and a role model for Ironhide?

3. Random transformers pop out of nowhere and act like they have been there all long. Thundercracker? Where the fuck did he come from? He wasn't even in Energon, and was just mentioned in Armada. Scattershot?

I've always have been an avid Transformers fan and I love the first 2 in the Unicorn Trilogy but Transformers: Cybertron is so inconsistent that I can barely watch it again (also because most of the Transformers sound like are either from the Bible belt, Australia, or England. Which makes no fucking sense whatsoever and you can tell the were desperate for voice actors).
>>
>>90473830
Armada and Energon were dubs of the Legend of the Microns series in Japan. Cybertron was a dub of Transformers Galaxy Force, which was a reboot in Japan, and the dub retooled it as a sequel. That's why it's inconsistent, because there was never a "Unicron Trilogy".
>>
>>90473830
THE in universe explanation was that the black hole wasn't literally so damn bad it was warping reality.

They also said it was bleeding into other universes apparently (thus they can handwave anything weird or off in any transformers universe ever as simply them being affected by the cybertron black hole)
>>
>>90473947
Fucking americans. Why do they have to ruin everything?
>>
>>90474009
Beast Wars comedy dub, dude. Goes both ways.

Also, it isn't like any of those three series was particularly good anyway, no matter how much you identify with Kicker.
>>
File: Trapboy Airazor.jpg (571KB, 772x994px) Image search: [Google]
Trapboy Airazor.jpg
571KB, 772x994px
>>90474288
>Turning Airazor into a trapboy
no problems here anon
>>
The earliest plans for the Cybertron series was for it to be a sequel to Energon, something that Takara and Hasbro agreed on, but for what ever reason, the studio animating the show turned it into a reboot.
>>
>>90474384
>IDW Whirl and his holo-avatar
bless based Hayato Sakamoto for streamlining the Japanese G1 timeline to include pretty much all toys and side media into a semi-coherent story.
>>
>>90473830
The original was a different canon which the English dub had to somehow make the third part of the trilogy.
>>
>>90473830
To your questions 1 & 2, the only answer that can make sense is that Cybertron is in a splinter-universe of the Armada/Energon timeline, thus making the Unicron Trillogy more of a thematic trilogy than a literal one.

Perhaps this was caused by the black hole around Unicron bending space and time. Who knows.

Q3: No idea. Maybe they where in a stasis.
Real world answer: Cybertron was it's own separate show in Japan and had nothing to do with the continuity of the last two series. Other than some character names/designs and concepts (Mini-Cons) it was supposed to be a different continuity.

Hasbro executives decided that they wanted to market Cybertron more as an extension of the last two lines (remember how smooth the transition from Armada to Energon was?).
Why did they do this. It probably had something to do with getting the line out to market and over and done with as soon as possible to make room for the 2007 Micheal Bay film which was in production at the time.
>>
File: notstupid6.jpg (330KB, 1024x801px) Image search: [Google]
notstupid6.jpg
330KB, 1024x801px
>>90473947
Ah yes, the Superboy-Prime punching the walls of reality explanation.
>>
Cybertron was the best out of the three series.
>>
Because Galaxy Force, the Japanese series Cybertron was adapted into, was totally disconnected from Micron Legend and Superlink (Armada and Energon, respectively). It was never meant to be a trilogy, but I guess someone at Hasbro thought kids would get confused or something.
>>
>>90474576
That fucking studio was bullshit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVTyVjIAQJE

I don't know what the fuck happened, but Energon's CGI was some of the stiffest most lifeless animation since the days of Cluch Cargo.

It's an early incarnation of the cel-shaded CGI. Plus all the characters are accurate to the toy designs, to a fault. They hobble around and move like bulky mannequins.

And thats not even talking about the character problems.

Beast Wars was done nearly a decade earlier but looked 10 times better.
>>
>>90474926
>Hasbro thought kids would get confused or something.

As a kid at the time, it was more confusing.

>Why is Hotshot a punk kid again?
>Why can Mini-Cons talk?
>Why dosn't Vector Prime know about the Autobot/Decepticon war?
>What the fuck happened to Red Alert during Energon? Jeeze buddy your a doctor, you could have been useful.
>Why is Starscream have none of the characterization that he went through in the last two series and is just a cardbord cutout?
>Why are the Autobots hiding on earth from humans? They had built cities and space bridges with them.
>What happened to Rad, Carlos, Alexis and Kicker?

(Side note: Auto correct wanted to change Mini-Cons to Minions. I hope the irony is not lost.)
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.