[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy shit he's right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: 1488782144518.jpg (57KB, 540x468px) Image search: [Google]
1488782144518.jpg
57KB, 540x468px
Holy shit he's right
>>
Who's talking?
>>
>>90471360
some nobody villain. He was mad that his mutant abilities sucked while they got good stuff and could look good kicking ass. Dissapointing end to an otherwise fun story
>>
>>90471375
actually he was just a nip with radiation poisoning since birth who was butthurt he misinterpreted what was meant by Mutant when they debuted. Then he spent 15 years waiting for something like Mday instead of just using his fortune to maybe make himself less gross.
>>
>>90471349
Right about what exactly? They're fat people who choose to be fat and then there are beautiful people who choose to be beautiful. It's all a choice
>>
>>90471349
Yeah this is what some people complained about when Alex Summers was going on about how being a mutant doesn't define him, and it shouldn't anyone else

This is a young, attractive guy with a power not too problematic. He could fit into normal society extremely easily.

How the fuck does he think someone like Iara the shark girl or Glob, or Rockslide are gonna feel? They're never going to be anything except "the freak"
>>
File: 1488442476927.jpg (658KB, 640x886px) Image search: [Google]
1488442476927.jpg
658KB, 640x886px
>>90471349
>>90471427
>>90471375
What really makes it stupid is it lampshades the ridiculousness of comic book superpowers/mutants/metahumans for no real reason.

Why would there even be mutations that give someone eternal youth and regeneration or the power to control the weather in the same world as mutations that only make you ugly, weak and useless?

That's pretty fucked up unless mutants aren't really mutants at all but literally chosen by a divine force to wield magical/miracle-like powers. I'd be fucking pissed too if mutations arbitrarily gave most people awesome powers while completely shafting a few others.

Whoever wrote those lines or introduced useless mutations without explaining what causes them is retarded.
>>
>>90471493
>unless mutants aren't really mutants at all but literally chosen by a divine force to wield magical/miracle-like powers
They literally fucking are. Read comics.
>>
>>90471493
>That's pretty fucked up unless mutants aren't really mutants at all but literally chosen by a divine force

Mutants exist because the Celestials implanted proto-humans with magical superpower genes in prehistory so you're not far off.

And the Celestials are space gods, so yeah.
>>
>>90471528
>>90471519
Fuck continuity, fuck everything. I hate comics.
>>
File: 8218424.jpg (35KB, 749x540px) Image search: [Google]
8218424.jpg
35KB, 749x540px
>>90471675
>>90471493
>make long ass bullshit post
>clearly have no idea what you're talking about
>gets mad when someone corrects you
>>
>>90471675

You tried to be an internet funnyman and make a quip about comics and it backfired.
>>
>>90471479
Shark Girl can change back to fully human form. She doesn't WANT to, meaning she's just fine with looking like that. Don't lump her in with the misfortunates. She's cool with her situation.
>>
>>90471962
She smells like fish though
>>
>>90471984
all women smell like fish, even if you ask them to wash up first.
>>
>>90471528
>And the Celestials are space gods

The Celestials are pretty much the only humaniod species in the universe that has evolved naturally.

Makes you really think, doesn't it?
>>
>>90471962
my bad, anon
poor example
>>
>>90472054
You know what? It does
>>
>>90472054
That's kind of their own fault
They've been screwing around the universe making funny experiments for god knows how long
>>
>>90472016
So that's why you only date girls
>>
>>90472054
>humaniod species

That's not how chronological order works anon. They're not humanoid because they came before us. Your dad isn't named after you
>>
>>90472194
What if you're your own grandpa?
>>
>>90472194
"Humanoid" is just a description of their features dumbass.
>>
>>90472194
Okay, fine, the only coffeemugforaheadoid species
>>
>>90472239
Exactly but if they came first then comparing them to humans is the error. It's comparing humans features to theirs. It's actually more of a compliment too
>>
>>90472194
Maybe he meant humanoid as "looking similar to a human being".
>>
Celestials: Humanity was a mistake.
>>
>>90472272
You're being a snotty pedantic bitch, anon. What, you want us to make a new word for it? Celestian? The fact that you were the one who instigated this line of discussion just makes me disdain you even more.
>>
>>90472272
You're just being a pedantic jackass.
>>
>>90471493
>Whoever wrote those lines or introduced useless mutations without explaining what causes them is retarded.
That's how mutations work in real life. Like 99% of them are useless or harmful like an extra finger, albinism, color blindness, or hemophilia. The less than 1% results in people that can run for days without tiring, are highly resistant to electricity, or can consciously regulate their body temperature. Then you have shit that spread throughout the population through the generations like green eyes, the ability to process lactose as an adult, and sickle cell.
>>
>>90471349
are you the anon from the other x-men thread?

>>90471493
It's a vision that was started by grant morrison and if you wanna push it, with Claremont's Morlocks

Furthermore, mutants in canon are the result of human experimentation by space gods

The big problem is that if you have only super hot super nice mutants, you can't really make an allegory about racism and discrimination with them because they are pretty much living gods

Ultimately deformed freaks are a necessity if you want to sustain the "hated" part of "hated and feared" I think they should drop the allegories entirely

>>90472054
iirc the kree were never experimented on

that made them mad jelly on earth x
>>
>>90471493
X-""""""gene"""""
Don't have to explain shit bitch
>>
>>90471984
Yeah, but she also looks like shark so I think that's a fair trade.
>>
>>90471479
He found a common ground with humanity. That's more than Kitty "I'm a cunt" Pride ever did.
>>
>>90472194

I don't think you understand what the word humanoid means.
>>
>>90471479

Thats like saying a downs syndrome guy shouldnt say he doesnt want his retardnness to define him because there are people who are even more retarded than him
>>
>>90471349
Well, he's right about their outfits being highly impractical and stupid.
>>
Alpha and Omega Mutants really have no place to do speeches on their soapbox compared to mutants like the Morlocks. Sure, the mutants with cool powers that aren't a hindrance to them and can pass as everyday humans can proclaim themselves as the future of humanity. But the ones with shitty transformations and powers that lead to sucky lives don't have that type of privilege.

The X-Men was once a compelling series, but ever since 2000, they've been insufferable asshats. And I say this as someone who grew up reading and loving X-stories in the 80's and 90's.

If you notice in 616's continuity, most of the problems that mutants deal with are usually caused or associated by mutants. They're their own worst enemy; this is why every future (outside of the X-Books) doesn't have mutants.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.