[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would you do if you became president of Cartoon Network?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 11

File: Cartoon-Network-Original-LOGO.png (67KB, 2000x571px) Image search: [Google]
Cartoon-Network-Original-LOGO.png
67KB, 2000x571px
What would you do if you became president of Cartoon Network?
>>
>>90465492
Invest in Europe.
>>
>>90465492
Cancel Nickelodeon
>>
spend my paycheck on prostitutes and cocaine while CN goes further down the shitter.
>>
>>90465492
Make more cartoons.
Sacrifice lunch money if necessary, 3 meals a day are a rumour anyway.
>>
>>90465492
Greenlight more shows and begin phasing out TTG. I'll see how that affects the network and act accordingly.
>>
Well first, TTG off the system. That shit's purged.

Then fix all the shit Miller crucified.

>Greenlight shows that have potential and could gain popularity instead of acquiring or rebooting preexisting cartoons
>Change the theme and look of the network, making it similar to CHECK it
>Make sure every show gets an hour of air time and will not overely on a single show
>>
File: Royal_Pain_by_namenad.jpg (50KB, 1024x410px) Image search: [Google]
Royal_Pain_by_namenad.jpg
50KB, 1024x410px
>>90465492
>No more bombs.
>Shut down Boomerang.
>Air the old shows as daytime TV.
>Primetime gets the current shows.
>Bring back Friday premiers for all new episodes.
>Repeat premiers Saturday morning.
>>
>>90465518
What happened to France and Belgium?
They used to have a strong scene, but now they disappeared.
>>
>>90465492
More green light shows
More merchandise for popular shows
Revivals of previous shows, but with good teams, original team if possible, not like PPG shit
Invest in French and. Korean cartoons
Fuck my secretary
>>
>every show gets a new ep on Friday
>Prime time gets at least one new ep of something (but if for whatever reason we simply can't, then just air an older cartoon in that slot)
>Toonami starts whenever AS normally starts on Saturdays
>Sunday AS gets replaced with last week's run of Toonami
>daytime CN uses Boomerang's classic windup toy bumpers
>bring back crossover bumpers with new CN characters

>>90465649
>>90465801
Also these.
>>
I would start doing more reruns of classic shows, as most of them are timeless anyway (Anything by Genndy, Fosters, etc.)
>>
>>90465492
>fire fucking everyone
>make sure TTG gets 15 minutes of airtime only once a week
>cancel Boomerang
>cancel New PPG, Ben 10 reboot, etc
>give adult swim its own channel
>bring back YOU ARE HERE every fucking Friday
>take back the rights to Pokemon, air more Saturday morning Cartoons
>cut down on airing Scooby-Doo movies every fucking weekend
>more action shows
>
>>
>>90465492
Do absolutely nothing and point to my "Hang in there kitten or else you'll die" poster when someone complains.
>>
>>90465492
Run it into the ground. I'm a 20 something art school graduate. The network wouldn't last 2 weeks with me as president.
>>
Fire anybody with a calarts degree.
>>
File: Boomerang_2014_logo.svg.png (95KB, 1200x912px) Image search: [Google]
Boomerang_2014_logo.svg.png
95KB, 1200x912px
>>90465492
>Make a program like Cartoonstitute or What A Cartoon. Have the viewers vote on their favorite pilot and greenlight them.
>Only reboot shows with the original creators handling them
>Make a daily block exclusively for classic shows
>revamp the CN city setting for bumpers combining the old with the new
>Bring back Fridays and use it to premiere new episodes
>Acquire kids shows from Europe and Japan for variety
>Focus on merchandising and social media (to get instant feedback from your viewers).
>>
>>90466785
>>>90465492 (OP)
>>fire fucking everyone
Ok
>>make sure TTG gets 15 minutes of airtime only once a week
Also good
>>cancel Boomerang
No
>>cancel New PPG, Ben 10 reboot, etc
I'm ok with this.
>>give adult swim its own channel
Also no
>>bring back YOU ARE HERE every fucking Friday
I'll be ok with this.
>>take back the rights to Pokemon, air more Saturday morning Cartoons
Also good
>>cut down on airing Scooby-Doo movies every fucking weekend
Only one I liked was zombie island so ok.
>>more action shows
Very vague but ok
>>
Also good
>>
>>90467025
>firing Genndy
>keeping Sugar
Stupid motherfucker
>>
>>90467105
Genndy is a hack samurai jack will fail. Sugar saved cartoon network, you cannot debate this. This discussion is over.
>>
File: not today bait.png (327KB, 650x456px) Image search: [Google]
not today bait.png
327KB, 650x456px
>>90467133
too obvious
>>
>>90465492
>Cancel the new Power Puff Girls.
>Revive Sym-Bionic Titan or just beg Genndy Tartakovsky to make me a new action cartoon.
>Cut back on Teen Titans Go.
>Show more reruns of really old cartoons.
>Make a new anime-esque show specifically to sell merchandise.
>Bring back something like CN city.
>Bring back Cartoon Cartoon Fridays
>>
File: Suavemikey.jpg (63KB, 410x390px) Image search: [Google]
Suavemikey.jpg
63KB, 410x390px
>>90467392
>anime-esque
HEY HEY LOOK
>>
Bring stuff like this back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsOZreEPwlc
>>
File: 5f4.jpg (22KB, 680x447px) Image search: [Google]
5f4.jpg
22KB, 680x447px
>>90467133
Aww, someone's triggered!
>>
>>90465492
I'd greenlit cool and funny shows and let tumblr-bait rot in hell
>>
>>90465492
>have boomerang air shows from the 2000's era and run Hanna Barbara run late night along an adult swim timeline
>More imported shows from other countries specifically France and the UK (Wakfu, Lolirock etc)
>Bring back Cn city
>Actually have a cartoon finish it's season worth of episodes to prevent a hiatus
>Cut down the ammount of Fox shows on AS, or at least have one per night and not all 4 every night
>>
Bring back Flapjack, Chowder, and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.
>>
>>90465801
Nobody wakes up on saturday mornings anymore.
>>
>>90465492
>cancel anything that isn't TTG
>TTG plays 24/7
>Rename Cartoon Network to The Teen Titans Go Network
>>
Make enough money to never work again, then resign and go back to vidya, toons, fapping snd depression.
>>
More ttg and nuPPG. Send out a bulletin for more liberal animators will cal arts being the only requirement
>>
>>90471708
Get out, Miller.
>>
>>90465492
More Teen Titans GO
>>
>>90472303
The youth want TTGo!
>>
>>90465492

>Introduce CN Unlimited.
>An app/website that lets you watch the channels online and all the new and old shows whenever you want

Then I'd get to work clearing the channel up.
>>
I would air this same cartoon over and over again until somebody forcibly removed me from the position.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2kxn1g_happy-go-nutty-1944_fun
>>
>>90465492
Same thing I did when I won that sweepstakes 10 years ago. Put on piddling blocks of decent shows, get shown Ben 10 previews, and wonder why I couldn't just throw money at Grim and Mandy episodes.
>>
>>90465492

bring back anime
>>
>>90467133
Sugar has potential, if she fucking learns how to direct a team and not let them do whatever they want.
>>
I have an idea for a cartoon about three gay-acting 10 year old boys. They believe walking to the toilet is a waste of time, so they just pee their pants whenever they need to go.
>>
Cancel all programs besides Clarence and Gumball

Fire the tumblrites

Bring back the Cartoon Cartoon creators for new series

Bring back boys shows

Bring back anime

Bring back Cartoon Theater
>>
File: 1486132948171.png (12KB, 246x200px) Image search: [Google]
1486132948171.png
12KB, 246x200px
>>90472797
>>
Bring back variety

In 2004 on CN, you could watch the following in a SINGLE WEEK

>Dexter's Lab
>PPG
>Johnny Bravo
>Cow & Chicken
>I Am Weasel
>Billy and Mandy
>Ed, Edd, n' Eddy
>KND
>Courage
>Sheep in the Big City
>Mike, Lou, & Og
>Teen Titans
>Samurai Jack
>Superman: TAS
>Batman: TAS
>Batman Beyond
>Justice League
>Static Shock
>DB/DBZ
>Gundam (various)
>Kenshin
>YYH
>Zoids
>Transformers Armada
>Yu-Gi-Oh
>Pokemon
>Trigun
>Cowboy Bebop
>Outlaw Star
>Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
>Harvey Birdman
>Space Ghost: Coast to Coast
>Sealab 2021
>Brak Show
>ATHF
>Family Guy
>Futurama
>Home Movies
>Cartoon Theater
>Classic Looney Tunes
>Classic Hanna Barbera
>Classic Tom & Jerry/MGM

Now, it's TTG with some gumball thrown into the mix

This is a problem with channels in general now. They don't want to show a variety of shows for whatever reason and instead just spam the same 3-4 shows all day
>>
>>90465492
More ttg first of all, gotta get that $$$ first before anything else.
>>
>>90465492
>Reduce TTG to two hours a day maximum
>Greenlight Infinity Train and Back to Backspace
>Greenlight Galactic Kids Next Door for streaming
>consider cancelling nuPPG
>air more reruns of older shows (if possible)
>try to push Adult Swim to start at 10 PM
>keep everything else
>>
>>90472797
Never going to happen
>>
>>90465649
>killing the most lucrative show

>>90467025
>firing people behing succesful cartons

>>90472445
>airing too much anime after the fad ended

>>90473219
>see first reply

You would go bankrup, all of you, just set fire to the building already, at least these uys get it >>90473128 >>90472303
>>
>>90471708
At this point the only way to save it is to kill it
>>
-Cancel Teen Titans Go and just to make sure, fire all the writers and burn all future episode scripts and storyboards.
-Renew Sym-Bionic Titan and Green Lantern The Series.
-Renew Uncle Grandpa.
-Try to get Megas XLR back from the government.
-Hire actually talented writers and cartoonists to make new cartoons.
-Make a "Toonami Kids" that shows anime aimed at younger audiences.
-Air Looney Tunes reruns and maybe convince quality animators and writers to make new shorts a la current Mickey Mouse ones.
>>
>>90472797
>Wrong
>>
>>90473294
Our new favorite show will die soon enough
Its going to stop making money faster than we think, but we need to hold on for now
>>
>Bring back DC Nation as Saturday programming block.
>Bring back Friday/Saturday night cartoon movies.
>After school action block.
>Invest more time in both anime and European cartoons.
>No more live action stuff.
>>
>>90465492
Have new episodes of shows the company has full ownership of both right before and right after new episodes of TTG. I don't like the show but hopefully I can use TTG to get people interested in CN shows and give their ratings a boost. There's always someone that changes the channel early and stays after the show is over.
>>
I would bring back some anime shows but I wouldn't advertise them as anything different, they'd just be considered another cartoon.
>>
>>90465492
Bring back Cartoon Cartoons (the name only) and fucking greenlight some new shorts.
>>
I'd start by greenlighting several new shows. Try to get a mix of serialized stories and comedies. I'd like to bring back Cartoon Cartoon Fridays, but I don't know if Friday night is still a good premiere night. Give them the marketing and support to actually succeed, and nurture new talent. Maybe bring back What a Cartoon as well and let people vote on their favorites to become series. Creators can drive successful new shows.

Leverage the relationship with WB/DC by returning DC Nation. Saturday morning block again, or wherever it might fit well. Two hour block. TTGo, JL Action, and two new series -- one serious (if not Young Justice s3, something new in a similar vein) and one comedy (maybe a "funny" Batman series like TTGo. /co/ would freak, but I bet it would do gangbusters). It would have shorts in between episodes like the old DC Nation, and a chance for really successful/interesting ones to be made into limited series. That would also tie into fostering new talent.

Schedule would be something like mornings/early afteroons (the "sick kid" blocks) would have reruns of CN classics, from Dexter up through recently finished stuff like Regular Show. Rotate them out periodically, and have fun bumpers, again as a chance for new talent to do creative things. Afternoon block would be a mix of TTGo (hook kids after school) and repeats of currently airing shows. Primetime focused less on TTGo and more on spotlighting newer series. What did CN primetime look like back in the early 2000's? I can't remember.

Combine all of that with a app/website experience that's tightly woven into the network somehow. Try to get kids into the CN ecosystem and give them less reason to watch other channels/look elsewhere for entertainment. I don't have specific ideas, but that's what VPs are for.

Basically leverage all of the network's strengths - solid old content, relationships with DC, the TTGo cashtrain, and fostering new successful content with positive relationships with creators.
>>
>on the cartoon board
>make animu great again
never change /co/
>>
So many good posts here, I guess I'll share my ideas as well, but excuse me if they're already mentioned above.

>reduce Teen Titan Go's airing time to a maximum of 2 hours per week instead of having it spammed for 6 hours a day
>cancel NuPPG and dispose of any future scripts and storyboards
>actually greenlight promising cartoons that had their pilots aired recently or a couple of years ago
>change Mighty Magiswords from full-episodes back into shorts to give the writers more leg-room and keep its quality
>Hire animation companies in France to work on some shows and take some load off from Korean animation companies
>reboot or revive old shows with its key members and directors, and only if they agree to it.
>re-organize the airing schedule and evenly distribute shows throughout the week
>new episodes every Friday and Saturday, Sunday always get a movie to air but won't always be Scooby Doo shit.
>re-introduce a concept similar to CN City, but not just the city, characters from Cartoon A can get featured in a short 15 second clip in Cartoon B's settings. Like, EEnE would be dining in Johnny Bravo's mom's diner or Steven Universe can be seen playing with Mac and Bloo from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.

I had better ideas, but previous posts already stated them, so what's the point of posting them again.
>>
>>90465492
Fire sjw tumblrinas and bring back old staff as supervisors
>>
>Mix in other shows to be played along side TTG
>have it so if you missed a new weekly aired episode one day you can catch it the next week right before the next new episode
>Thursday nights before [as] will be action oriented, and will repeat for Fridays
>Weekends will be for the younger kids with collectable monster animes being played from 8 to 1, then repeats of all the new episodes from earlier in the week being played
>Have it so new schedule are advertised enough so everyone will know what's going on
>Sundays will be nostalgic blocks for the older audiences starting after church lets out (I think that's around 1 or 2)
>Go easy on the pastels on the commercials
>>
Hire Snyder and have him make all my decisions. He made cartoons great again once, why not a second time?
>>
For anyone who's suggesting airing old cartoons: face it, kids love TTG. No one wants to watch your shitty 90's shows anymore. Fuck off with your nostalgia, grandpa.
>>
>>90467506

>this
>>
Far lesser evil than Nick or Disney
Actually airs cartoons
>>
>>90474252
Ironically, the only SJW-ish show on CN's schedule is Steven Universe, and that only literally gets 30 minutes of air-time a week.

Find an another bogeyman to pin your blames on.
>>
>>90474427
Steven Universe's directors are just the ones open about it.
All shows subliminally push the cultural marxist agenda to make kids crave nigger cock.
>>
more anime.
>slayers
>ah my goddess
>bubblegum crisis
>azumanga daioh
>lucky star
>love hina
>robotech(damn you harmony gold)
>macross plus
>starblazers
>gits solid state
>gits arise
>black magic m-66
>apple seed
>new domintion tank police
>pat labor
>haruhi
>nichijou
>original sailor moon
>anything and everything CLAMP

get the rights for Rocko's Modern Life, Transformers, gi joe

see the the Mission Hill people want to make something new for adults.

no more live action content
>>
>>90465492
Bring back some cartoons from boomerang, don't settle for flash bullshit, bring back a more serious block later at night for capeshit cartoons and new action cartoons. Thats it. The variety and terrible flash animation is what is killing cartoon network.

Work with nickelodeon to start a cartoon netflix service and try to grow out from there.
>>
>>90474627
Do any shows use flash besides TTG and Total Drama?
>>
>>90474520
I was almost mad, but then I realized you're not being serious. Thanks for the shitpost anon.
>>
File: tumblr_nd2sb6GthQ1r2s10go1_500.jpg (31KB, 500x486px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nd2sb6GthQ1r2s10go1_500.jpg
31KB, 500x486px
Unironically try to work with Nickelodeon in making a Cross Channel crossover wankfest with all the major players taking part in it.

Imagine it, it would finally sooth that Autistic urging we all had that only shitty Fanfics could do to this point.
>>
File: 1488078131186.gif (462KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1488078131186.gif
462KB, 400x300px
>Remove every remaining show and air nothing but Teen Titans Go
>Cancel the upcoming Samurai Jack so no one can see it and replace all adult swim shows with teen titans go
>Allow Steven Universe to have a final season first, but make it go absolutely sjw and make Greg the main antagonist because all white hetero men are pure evil
>>
>>90473901
underrated post
>>
How can all of you cancel TTG when it apparently makes them so much fucking money they have to play it all the time?
>>
>Cartoon Network
Don't you mean the Teen Titans Network? They show ttg about 70 times a day.
>>
>>90465492

TTG 24/7 on Weekdays, and lurk /co/ for the glorious shitstorm
>>
Appoint Scooby as my VP and resign.

I miss the days when Scooby was president of CN.
>>
>>90474911
It's more like 28.
>>
File: kftits.jpg (26KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
kftits.jpg
26KB, 640x480px
>>90465492

Cancel every single SJW garbarge show like Steven Universe and purge every single one of those tumblr faggots.

Try to get YJ Season 3 back on CN

Reboot a new Batman show, this time no CGI

Reboot a Green Lantern Corp show, this time no CGI

Along with Justice League Action, create a more serious Justice League show

Get Symbionic Titan back for another season at least

Use some money to expose Dan Schneider for the micropenis pedo that he is or have him assassinated so he can't produce any more live action cancer on the rival network.
>>
>>90475116
>purge all the SJW shows
Good.
>but bring back Young Justice, a SJW show
What?
>>
>>90475182
It's okay just let them be a hypocritical retard.
>>
>>90475182
YJ is sjw?, if that is the case, Netflix can have it
>>
>>90473279
Tell me you realize this is a hypothetical thread. Please tell me you're not this dumb.
>>
>>90475116
How did you type this out without feeling embarrassment?

You would be the worst CEO ever
>>
>>90475316
huh?
well, if you are talking about shame, I lost that 10 years ago
>>
Cancel and never rerun
>Adventure Time
>Steven Universe
>Teen Titans Go
>Rick & Morty
Make sure no show with any of the staff of the above cartoons is ever greenlit.
>>
>>90474716
I mean, in a way he's still right. More cartoons are embracing the gay acceptance movement. Soon all children will think scissoring and buttfucking is the norm. And interracial-- sorry, black male and white female relationships will become the only type depicted in media.
>>
>>90475349
Rick & Morty is an Adult Swim show
>>
>>90465492
revive the Hannah-Barbera action cartoons, to which they have all the rights, as an hour-long sort fo anthology series made up usually of multiple shorts, focusing on the various characters therin
>>
>>90475268
They're arbitrarily going to make one of the YJ members gay. We still don't know who it will be. Tumblr will be happy no matter what.
>>
File: boardroom_meeting_CN.png (113KB, 497x652px) Image search: [Google]
boardroom_meeting_CN.png
113KB, 497x652px
This meme never gets old.
>>
>>90474427
What about nuPPG?
>>
>>90476329
Even tumblr hates the show, so it's not even worth considering.
>>
>>90465492
>People in this thread thinking a network has unlimited money and they can just cancel and greenlight anything they want, failing to understand the months long planning process it takes to find out if it has worldwide appeal and plan a merchandising line for it.

Thank God Miller is in charge and none of you guys.
>>
>>90465492
New teen Titans show more faithful to the comics

And a green lantern show

Also shows about other teams like suicide squad or the outsiders
>>
>>90475415

who it gonna be?
>>
>>90467392
>Make a new anime-esque show specifically to sell merchandise.
There is no need for more weeb shit. CN is already the channel for anime convention weirdos.
>>
>>90475349
C'mon Autism man, Some of these People are The Don bluh of the 21 Century
>>
>>90465492
Put out a press release

"No more gay shit. Looney Tunes from 11 PM to 6 AM. 'Adult Swim' has become anime swim with action shows suitable for 7 year olds. So 'Adult Swim' is now regular programming.

Cartoons are for straight boys. Not faggots or women. Black kids are cool. They like DBZ"

i'd last maybe an hour before twitter became a physical entity and snuffed me. But the brief moment of truth would be worth it.
>>
>>90465492
Renew Uncle Grandpa for 4 more seasons and a movie.
Renew Clarence for 5 more seasons and a movie.
Cancel Steven Universe.
>>
>>90472303
Smart, you'll be swimming in money.
>>
>>90465492
CAPITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN
PLANET!
>>
>>90465649
>Cancel the most popular show that is the main moneymaker

>expect to keep your job

You fail business forever.
Thread posts: 104
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.