[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I tried reading this and, in all honestly, I just had no clue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: bp1.jpg (68KB, 486x755px) Image search: [Google]
bp1.jpg
68KB, 486x755px
I tried reading this and, in all honestly, I just had no clue what was going on. Is there any prerequisite reading for the new Black Panther comic?
>>
Coates made it harder to follow than it should be plus its a weak ass comic where T'challa is basically a side character

Go read Priest's run instead
>>
The problem isn't really you, the problem is the book. Very boring and a little pretentious.
>>
ring of repick a better comic to read
>>
>>90460736
>a little pretentious
>a little
Coates is up his own ass with that shit
>>
>>90460603
Honestly I've read every issue and liked it but thinking back I'm unsure of what the message was supposed to be.
>>
>>90460603
Coates is a non-fiction writer, that doesn't lend itself well to storytelling in comics. It's a different kind of pacing and presentation
>>
>>90461359
Not to mention that the prose style is very similar to a lot of common African reading.
>>
OP here. I think part of the problem is that I have simply never read a Black Panther comic, and expected a new #1 that came out around the same time as Civil War would be fairly new-reader friendly.

Anyone have any good BP recommendations?
>>
>>90463024
see >>90460649
>>
What the fuck was marlel thinking?
>>
>>90463629

They correctly think that their readers are smarter than you.

It's a solid political drama, it just requires patience and some re-reads. It's gonna be great in trade form, just like the immortal McGregor run
>>
>>90463675
The art prevents it from being one of the greats. Stelfreeze is fucking terrible.
>>
>>90463675
>They correctly think that their readers are smarter than you.

No they are not. /co/ probably has the smartest comic book readers around, and we're all fucking morons. Comics, as the reaction image goes, are for retards.
>>
>>90463675
>le "it is too smart to lesser minds" defense
>>
I liked, but I didn't read it all.
At some point it made me think there would be major changes in Wakanda that would make sense, like creating a Parliament.
And more explanation about the Panther god seemed to be coming.

But then I skipped one edition and everything had gone in another direction with Shuri.
>>
>>90463881
>Stelfreeze is fucking terrible
(You)
>>
I don't like the ears on the mask. It makes him look more like a dog with docked ears than a panther.
>>
>>90463881
>Stelfreeze is fucking terrible.
Stelfreeze is great. It's the colorist that's terrible.
>>
I gave up after 3 on the floppies. Maybe it will make more sense in the trades.

>>90463675
>>90461488
I'm familiar enough with Achebe, Adieche, Gordiemr, and Okri. There's something about this that way too stiff, like a steel cayane pepper covered buttplug up his ass stiff.

>>90463629
He's famous in his field. Why not give him a shot? At least he's not hudlin.

>>90463881
The art also doesn't help with the stiffness.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.