[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LOGAN Inspirations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (6KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 299x168px
After seeing Logan Im looking to read some of the comics that inspired the movie. I know theres Old Man Logan which Ive read and The Death of Wolverine which im planning to read were there any others people noticed
>>
>>90454755

Those are basically it plus whatever story X-23 met Wolverine in. The rest of the movie is influenced by Westerns and other films.
>>
>>90454755
X-23 stories and the Last of Us
>>
>>90454755
>>90454810
I was going to make a thread like this but i was going to ask for the read list of wolverine.
>>
>>90454755
It's a direct adaptation of Old Man Logan, retard.
>>
>>90454867
not necessary like the movie
>>
>>90454879
>a direct adaptation
Here's your (You)
>>
>>90454755
Look, none of those comics are anything like the movie.

They'll just disappoint you. Especially The Death of Wolverine.
>>
>>90454755
Movie was great, but the entire backdrop of the story had more to do with X-23's origin story than anything Wolverine-related.
>>
>>90454943
I know theres no direct adaptation from anything. was just wondering what it did draw from. I already have The Death of Wolverine downloaded so I might as well check it out but thanks for letting me know not to get my hopes up
>>
>>90454755
The film Logan barely uses anything from Old Man Logan, and to my knowledge there's very little in the film that's similar to the comic.

The mercenaries seem to be loosely based on the Reavers, and there is a good storyline about them in the current ongoing Old Man Logan series by Lemiere. I think it's in the first volume (1-6 or so).

Otherwise you are better off not restricting your reading to the movie and just reading some of the best Wolverine stories.

Personally, I'd recommend:

>Wolverine v1 1-4 by Clairmont/Miller
>Logan 1-3 mini by Vaughan/Risso
>Wolverine Origins (original graphic novel, not the series)
>Old Man Logan v2 ongoing by Lemire/Sorrentino
>Weapon X by Windsor-Smith
>>
>>90454943
Was death of wolverine that bad? I just got it the other day along with a basically battle for the cowl but wolverine
>>
>>90456169
it's not the death he deserves, but it's not bad. There are moment's I really dug.
>>
>>90456169
I actually really like it.
>>
It's more based on Western movies and The Last of Us than any one comic. Some slight influences from OML and TDoW, but honestly not that much
>>
>>90454867

Wolverine/family comics I liked:

Weapon X by Windsor Smith
Havok & Wolverine: Meltdown
WildC.A.T.s/X-Men #1: Golden Age
Lee/Silvestri-era X-Men
Nyx
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.