[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unpopular Opinions/Coping Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 338
Thread images: 65

File: 1322615842122.jpg (17KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1322615842122.jpg
17KB, 400x400px
A thread for your opinions and anger to post on.
>>
I don't like capes in general
I tried getting into batman, but i just got the feeling that the stories were just commercials for other stories which would in turn be commercials for others, designed to pull readers into a maelstrom of consumerism
>>
>>90454103
I liked most of LoK
>>
I don't like Star Vs. I don't hate it, but the main protagonist spoils it for me, it's like they tried to make her super appealing to the audience without any unlikable traits. She is like Mable, but worse, far worse...
>>
File: 1487571889880s.jpg (5KB, 218x250px) Image search: [Google]
1487571889880s.jpg
5KB, 218x250px
>>90454170
>>
File: free-shrugs.jpg (50KB, 449x642px) Image search: [Google]
free-shrugs.jpg
50KB, 449x642px
I don't see how progressiveness is an issue in cartoons. Oh no, children know that homosexuals exist, how fucking horrifying.
>>
>>90454258
This.
And people are really overestimating how much of an effect these cartoons will have on a child in the long-term.
Most of them don't even know the difference between a boy and a girl, let alone the difference between a boy, girl and Apache helicopterkin
>>
>>90454103
I hate how recently more threads have dissolved into /pol/ vs. Tumblr
>>
The new danny annotucci short is severely severely disappointing and based on the same old tropes that were sick and tired in the 60's. Buttons and Mindy and some trippy scenes isn't enough to carry a show. I loved Ed, Edd, and Eddy but I will not be watching this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdrHY9zCsQk
>>
>>90454103
/co/ is not worth visiting anymore. I still come here out of habit but I'm weening myself off.
>>
/tv/, /pol/, Tumblr, and Reddit should be banned.
>>
>>90454960
I know right
>>
I hate how standards have gotten so low for animation people think the new Ducktales looks great even though the only visually appealing thing are the backgrounds. Watching Donald do his irish fight stance on a modern day cheap budget looked so stiff and janky.
>>
>>90457244
then who the fuck would be left?
>>
Modern cartoon fags are the worst fucking people on this board. Almost every cartoon thread is built on the foundation of autists that only wants circlejerks with lewds and memes. Cartoons from the same damn channel can't even get along. It's more pointless than than the DC and Marvel shitflinging.
>>
Ramos has a very expressive style. Stylized art > 'good' generic art
>>
>>90454183
I don't mind the show's plot but hate the humor and how everyone talks

hahaha star is whispering for no reason so fucking funny disney

though the humor is the biggest problem with shows these days, SU's is terrible too
>>
I think the DCEU is an abomination that needs to be killed for the good of DC, but I also seem to be among the very few that didn't like GotG much at all.

It was actually THE movie that finally made me sick of the standard MCU formula, and both Ant-Man and Dr. Strange going the same route didn't help.

>>90457465
FUCKING THIIIIIS!!! Why console war over different fucking shows at all?
>>
>>90457465
t. SJWUniversefag
Just kidding.
>>
>>90454258
This.
>>
>>90457624
Oh shit, are you me? Although I enjoyed Ant-Man and I haven't seen Dr. Strange yet (which I think I'll do tonight).

Still, I greatly enjoyed Ant-Man and Civil War, I can see why people are getting tired of Marvel movies. They're pretty formulaic, somewhat shallow, and are too comedic. That said, I'd still much rather watch a Marvel movie than a DCEU movie.
>>
Why didn't you ask this yesterday when I had an answer for this?
>>
>>90454103
SOPA should have passed
>>
>>90460863
>always have answers ready in my head for threads like these
>whenever anyone makes one, my mind goes blank and I can't think of anything to say
Almost every single time.
>>
File: 7645657.jpg (59KB, 540x380px) Image search: [Google]
7645657.jpg
59KB, 540x380px
I am more excited for Umbrella Academy 3 than I have been for any other comic in years and I cannot explain why

I stopped watching MCU movies at Ultron because I don't want to give them my money to fund more of those movies

Punisher is extremely cringe inducing and anytime I see him on a list of someone's favorite characters I immediately disregard their opinion

I actually like the Jaeger designs for Pacific Rim 2, looking forward to seeing them in action
>>
speedforce is always gay
>>
>>90457244
OP said unpopular.
>>
>>90454258
I'm just more worried about progressiveness in comics than in cartoons really since recently we are getting a lot of retarded shit.
>>
>>90454103
Gumball is the best cartoon that i have seen in years.

I wish progressive shit would fuck off out of everything, not because i don't agree with progressive ideals but most recent examples of progressiveness are fucking awful.

I kinda hate capeshit because of all espetacular battles to save the world tend to get really fucking boring after the 100000000000th time, which is why i prefer stuff like blacksad, the amazing fouls of spider man and the punisher.

I stopped watching marvel movies since it was taking he same direction as capeshit comics where shit doesn't fucking end. It is boring as hell. Also, it would have been much better if they didn't reveal that spider man would appear on the last avengers movie, that shit ruined the movie for me.

Steven Universe had a lot of potential but i honestly think the shows sucks.

This one might be unpopular but i would rather have one thread of each show at a time, having multiple threads is fucking dumb.
>>
Hitch's JL is one of the best books of Rebirth
>>
>>90454103
Nick Spencer does not know what the hell he's doing building a story and relate able characters. When he does write relateable characters it's a fluke.

Grant Morrison's dialog is boring.

Alan Moore is right, killing joke is a pretty bad story and it hasn't aged well.

Tom King is a good writer.

Green lantern can never be made into a cool movie like Guardians of the galaxy, the CG costs to make aliens look good is too expensive, plus it's too silly.

Superdad is the best iteration of superman

Jason Aaron's femThor is a solid 7/10 and one of the better comics running in Marvel.
>>
The Raven drawfag is rather mediocre, decent at best, but now we have constant threads circlejerking the guy and I just don't get it
>>
Cartoons of today are no worst than cartoons of the past. It's just easier to tell which ones are shit when you're older. Just sit down and really watch the cartoons of your childhood and you'll see a good amount of them were terrible.
>>
The word "capeshit" is one of the most annoying things about this board.
>>
It's crazy that people still put The Dark Knight on pedestal and don't see how much of a cheesefest it is. Nolan's dialogue being wooden and amateurish and how serious and "epic" the tone is only contribute to cheesiness.
>inb4 unpopular
There's been lots of TDK dicksucking lately.
>>
I would like to know why some Anons consider /ctg/ shit and/or cancerous. I think itsa great, comfy little lunchtable in the high school cafeteria that is /co/.
>>
File: 1482886067172.jpg (61KB, 540x468px) Image search: [Google]
1482886067172.jpg
61KB, 540x468px
I hate relationship episodes. I don't care if the protag gets the girl in the end or not. Every /co/ relationship I've seen has felt shallow and/or forced.

I dropped Star Vs early on because I was convinced Starco would be canon. But from what I've seen we got an even WORSE outcome!

SU would be 100x better if the romantic tension got taken out.

I dropped AT when Finn lost his arm for the first time, but I wish I dropped it when Princess Bubblegum got aged back up. Who thought it would be a good idea to take the most interesting change to the series at the time, and have it reversed in the next fucking episode? If only I could've known that would become the show's standard.

Alien Force was my favorite Ben 10 series. I also didn't mind Omniverse. But that artstyle made my eyes bleed.

I don't think anyone hates minority characters simply because they're minority. What I think people hate is when the character's only purpose is to knock down 1-dimensional bigoted strawmen. It's okay in a Saturday morning PSA-type thing about being tolerant, but it's patronizing if the /co/ntent is targeted towards anyone who isn't still in grade school.
>>
>>90462862
>worst
"worse", anon. You're right, though.
>>
>>90454258
>>90454357
>Unpopular Opinions thread
>Posts one of the least controversial and popular opinions not only on /co/ but entire fucking internet
Upboated
>>
>>90454103
I REALLY dislike the sudden trend of political correctness in comics and cartoons these days.
Stop turning white characters black/muslim/asian
Stop making canon straight characters come out of the closet as gay or trans or whatever.
Stop making beautiful white female characters be romantically involved with some big black ape. We all know that the only reason you're doing it is because of a sick fetish you hold, not because you are progressive.
>>
>>90462883
CAPESHIT
CAPESHIT
CAPETY-CAPES CAPESHIT
>>
>>90463996
Kill yourself.
>>
I really loved Kubo's story. A lot of people have problems with the third act and the final climax but I personally felt that the fate of the moon king was particularly fitting. Instead I have problems with how suddenly monkey and beetle fell in love with each other, only to be revealed to be kubo's real parents. Also of course the animation was gorgeous, but that's not an unpopular opinion.
>>
>>90454103
I think political correctness was way worse in early 00's than it is now.
Also, I get more tired of people that complain about SJW than the SJW itself.
>>
>>90454103
Animation hasn't really gotten worse, unless maybe there's been a steady decline since the 20's. Either way, 90's fags are retarded. The date people say "animation died" moves later and later each year. In a decade, people will bitch about how there are "no good" cartoons like Adventure Time and Regular Show.
>>
/co/ needs a sticky. I know we've tried it in the past for only like a month and it always goes to shit because of the everlasting /tv/ debate. (I stand on the /co/ origins = /co/sher side)
>>
>>90463861
>implying that's a popular opinion
Get fag shit out of toons. Abberations should be accepted as the tragedy they are not normalised as prospective life choices.
>>
I prefer the name Shazam over Captain Marvel, and Billy should have had the new god pantheon longer
I liked New 52 Flash (until Manapul left)
I think Bill Willinghams FABLES is great (though no reason to read after Adversary is defeated)
I thought Azz's Wonder Woman was fine for what it was
>>
Regular Show didn't deserve to have Mordecai end with anyone, he should be alone but happy

or better, alone and sad
>>
>>90462883
Same with 'kino'. Makes me fucking cringe. It's a shame that there's so many /tv/ crossposters on here due to them spending their every waking moment bitching about or over-hyping the DCEU, take your faggotry back to that hellhole and stay there.
>>
>>90460906

I gotta ask, why?
>>
>>90457519
>it's a popular opinion to dislike Ramos

Whaaaaaaaaat
But he's fucking great and he's half the reason why Impulse was such a good series, dude's art has charm
>>
Carol's evolution from often forgotten C-Lister to Marvel frontliner has been pretty natural. she's in no way a forced push compared to the likes of Miles Morales. it's made worse by how much of the bitching comes from people who base their opinion entirely on a skim reading of KSD's run, one intern-written solicit, and the inane blogging of fourteen year olds on tumblr
>>
>>90455698
What would make it worth visiting?
>>
File: 1476401864128.jpg (164KB, 756x756px) Image search: [Google]
1476401864128.jpg
164KB, 756x756px
Loud House sucks and this is the only good character besides the dad
>>
Squirrel girl is the 3rd best marvel book behind U.S. Avengers and Power Man and Iron Fist

New Avengers by Killen and McKelvie is good if not for McKelvie's art alone

(not sure if unpopular but) DC Rebirth has such garbage art on all of its double shipped titles (except for Batman).
>>
>>90466388
>not sure if unpopular but) DC Rebirth has such garbage art on all of its double shipped titles
I tried reading Superman Rebirth and fuck, it's not easy sometimes.
>>
>>90462507
>censors nipple because blue board
>vagina is clearly visible
>>
>>90466442
The greatest offender is Green Lantern. I think it's a good book but that art can be absolutely heinous when Sandoval isn't drawing it. It's just like boring as fuck house style shit when the main artists aren't on the books.
>>
>>90466453
>being underaged
>>
File: bambi.webm (3MB, 520x376px) Image search: [Google]
bambi.webm
3MB, 520x376px
Bambi is the best Disney movie.

I don't think this opinion is controversial, but I don't really know anybody who shares it other than maybe Hayao Miyazaki and Walt Disney himself. So it literally is an unpopular opinion.
>>
>>90466816
I can't tell who's who in this whole fight scene
>>
>>90466816
Woops, I'm retarded. It was Osamu Tezuka who liked Bambi. To be fair, early Disney was also an inspiration for Miyazaki as well.
>>
File: 1455155895189.jpg (28KB, 334x299px) Image search: [Google]
1455155895189.jpg
28KB, 334x299px
i support piracy for poor-fags

i always, even as a kid, thought of batman, joker, and alfred as asexuals more or less. didnt even know it was actually a thing

lots of heroes are just "literally X but Y"

i couldn't really get into ksbd

homestuck and SU get a lot more hate than they deserve. its as autistic as the fandoms even

fan-created things are cool. love that shit. animations, songs, art, MEPs, cosplay.

/hyw/ should merge with /woya/ as the latter keeps dying early

/co/ is so uppity about MUH SJW that they forget they're actual issues/topics are fine as long as its not hamfisted into the story

hating a media for its fandom is retarded

i both envy and am inspired by how easy it is for shitty people to get rich from fans

creators dont get the credit they deserve. illustrators outta get way more respect than they have now

id like kids stuff to try and take on "darker" themes some more. like maybe MC has a friend with DID or an alcoholic dad. doesnt need to be drama, not even the main focus. just in the background would be cool even better if they add to the story when you think about it. DEEPEST LORE

its disgusting when writers write EVERY kid like they're retarded when they're fucking middle aged men since 13 and doing drugs

/co/ has good taste but not when it comes to waifus. also on that note watching a show just for them is a waste of time

itd be cool if /co/ had a secretsanta like other boards especially since /a/'s got banned

live-action shows usually suck moldy ass.
>>
>>90462743
>Jason Aaron's femThor is a solid 7/10 and one of the better comics running in Marvel.
Agreed, a few bad scenes/writing issues but overall it is absolutely a good book.
>>
File: 1393707391298.png (169KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1393707391298.png
169KB, 512x384px
The mods and janitors for media boards, including /co/, are seriously out of line. It almost frightening how open they are with their strict moderation and biases towards certain topics.
>>
>>90466442
You mean Action Comics right?
Because Superdad's art is fucking fantastic.
>>
We need to get rid of g15 but ban horse show topics on /co/.
>>
File: Liam3-600x913.jpg (240KB, 600x913px) Image search: [Google]
Liam3-600x913.jpg
240KB, 600x913px
>>90466388
Is Wonder Woman double shipping?
Because Liam Sharp is phenomenal & Nicola Scott is great.
>>
>>90466300
For all the faggotry on /v/ they can at least have fun. /v/ the musical and other side projects are generally enjoyable to be a part of.

/co/ projects are cancer or don't realize that you can include your fetish without trying to hide it via progressive pandering. /v/ can do shit like this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4aSnip7wGKo. /co/ just makes coco and jerks off to SU and metacancer.
>>
>>90454103
There is nothing wrong mary sue characters as long as they dont totally over power their opponents.
>>
I don't think cape comics were ever really meant to be a decades and decades running thing.

Honestly, so many long running books have crap runs that 1/2-1/3 of them could have been excised and nothing of value would be lost.

I wouldn't really mind if DC and Marvel had actual finale issues and wrapped things up.
>>
>>90454103
Meta shit is way to prevalent. It's a way for retards to think they are smart.

Quietly isn't a good artist to me and honestly most of the time it seems like his paneling is more shit than anything else. we3 was crap, too. I work at an animal shelter and it tries way to hard to draw pathos out of you.

X-men work better when it's minorties beating up a Jew rather than we wuz an allegory for MLK and shit. They need to stop jerking that off and just go for how it feels to be a teenager and different. Or focus on how the X-Men are trying to fight mutants being used to be gov't supersoldiers more.

Superman and Captain America have always been uninteresting propaganda tools and I say this as a conservative who has had multiple family members serve in almost every past American war.

Daredevil doesn't interest me because they never go into the legal system enough and the Catholic shit is surface level and only for the looks.

I'd like to see more Hindi girls in comics and them to stop treating their religion like a mythology. I believe in something else, but it's insensitive honestly. Muslims are shit tier.
>>
>>90457624

>I think the DCEU is an abomination that needs to be killed for the good of DC

I thought we were doing unpopular opinions.
>>
>>90467762
These are good opinions, anon
>>
File: William.gif (3MB, 504x282px) Image search: [Google]
William.gif
3MB, 504x282px
>Gumball squanders its potential by focusing too heavily on the family. The family can fuck right off and the show would improve.
>this entire board is heavily influenced by Steven Universe. It's a damn tumor and it is killing this board.
>many cartoons ruin themselves by lasting too long. Adventure Time, Regular Show, The Simpsons, South Park, and even Family Guy suffers from this. No matter how great the beginning was, the downfall lasted much longer. You can't call them good cartoons when they were more shit than good.
>singing in cartoons is cringe worthy material eighty percent of the time. Especially when actual kids sing.
>there is absolutely no incentive to buy trades, omnibus, or Absolute books when the stories are continuing. If I keep reading Rebirth Green Lantern stories, I guarantee that I will eventually see flashbacks of Sinestro Corps War and Blackest Night and get the gist of it what happened. I don't want to spend money on 250 pages of material and see it get condense into 5 pages later on.
>Sinestro died a while back in Rebirth, but how long will it take until he comes back? It's fucking DBZ tier shit with these characters most of the time.
>digital comics are stupid as hell. If you are going to make a damn digital comic, make it like the Team Fortress 2 comics.
>if you think all comics are capes, you can fuck right off this board.
>/co/ cartoon fags start way more stupid shit than any other group of anons on this board. /tv/ may have six fucking threads a day for a new movie for month, but at least they aren't jacking off all damn day in their dedicated generals for their blob waifus for six months in a row.
>that still does not excuse the /tv/ shitposters. Comics fags are also not excused for their wars.
>if you think that the past of this board has any major significance for what is happening right now, it fucking doesn't. The /co/ is love meme has been stupid since its conception and has never had any true meaning.
>>
>>90470640
>digital comics are stupid as hell. If you are going to make a damn digital comic, make it like the Team Fortress 2 comics.
Could you elaborate on that?
>>
>>90468334
>Meta shit is way to prevalent.
where? I love metashit but we only get like two meta books a year
and I can't even remember the last meta cartoon to come out that wasn't just occasional 4th wall gags
>>
File: 1476411890609.png (245KB, 584x447px) Image search: [Google]
1476411890609.png
245KB, 584x447px
Hating something because of it's annoying fandom is stupid and shallow. So I feel like an ass when I do it anyway.

Act 1 of Homestuck is mind-numbingly boring. I can't believe some people with the comic had stayed like this.

Despite everything, I'm still exited for Hiveswap.

Steven Universe has a ton of problems, but in a decade I think most will remember it fondly.

Jessica Jones was the best Marvel-Netflix show, even if the Simpson subplot was poorly handled.

AT:LA's ending is a cop-out. And everyone fucking knows it.
>>
>>90470742
It's interactive. You just click and panels and text bubbles pop up. It's the perfect way to pace a comic story.
>>
File: 1488707830142.jpg (79KB, 519x666px) Image search: [Google]
1488707830142.jpg
79KB, 519x666px
>>90454103
I don't like how people aren't in love with Trump
>>
Both Marvel and DC should focus on short 6-12 issue runs that tell a direct story on characters other than pillar of the company types like Batman and Spider-man.

Id rather read a short good well written book with good art than an ongoing that changes writer and artist and has to tie into events for characters that major names.
>>
>>90470640
>>singing in cartoons is cringe worthy material eighty percent of the time. Especially when actual kids sing.

Singing in any series is this i have never gotten the boner for Musical episodes they are always just annoying and cringey.
>>
File: Star_MAGA.png (307KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Star_MAGA.png
307KB, 500x500px
>>90471064
He isn't bad at all. Don't listen to the corporate media.
>>
File: 842.png (94KB, 625x1254px) Image search: [Google]
842.png
94KB, 625x1254px
>>90471064

Goddamit man, bait doesn't get any more obvious than this.

WHAT MADE U THINK TAKING IT WAS A GOOD IDEA?
>>
>>90454258
>>90454357
I'm not arguing one way or the other, but sexual shit starts at an early age......

Tons of people have fetishes that started in childhood before they could even technically have sex or knew what it meant
>>
>>90471064
I mean /pol and stuff but go away, really

This fucking board is for comics and cartoons
>>
Rebirth is really boring and DC's best stuff right now is from their various imprints.
>>
Live action threads should be banned as even when they're not bait they almost inevitably devolve into shitposting
>>
>>90470994
Yea, if you aren't going to make a print version of your comic, why not take advantage of the things computers will let you do (Like animations, panel transitons, sound effects) and I know there are progarms made that add this stuff with little effort and coding. It's honestly baffling I don't see more like it, but 2/3rds of most web-comic artist are lazy and seems to lack imagination

>>90471046
I would prefer if the big companies just put out a few graphic novels a year and drop floppies all together.

Star Vs. is honestly better than SU in terms of plot progression, handling character devlopment and actually having people on the team that can actually draw characters and not blobby mess of them

>>90471275
This
>>
I hate lewds, I hate waifus, and I hate hips.

I fucking love porn, and there are many boards for it, but arguing the quality of something because it makes your dick hard is completely inane. Jesus fucking Christ I hate wakfu most for this, it's not fucking animated well, the colors, story, and characters are proper shit, but because the artist decided to make the hips a bit wider and sway them a bit you all fucking praise it like it's the highest point of animation.
>>
File: 1432760984353.png (211KB, 331x352px) Image search: [Google]
1432760984353.png
211KB, 331x352px
>cartoon shit
Adult cartoons are usually far more childish than ones actually for kids

Every western Transformers show has been acceptable - great aside from Beast Machines, which was the only true abortion and I don't get why fans have actual hate for any other show

Spongeautist was never funny

Most classic Nicktoons weren't that great, not awful or anything but also not all that impressive, aside from Hey Arnold

Teen Titans was an okay show but highly overrated because of it's appeal to anime fans who don't like anything else

Samurai Jack was a fine show, but as action shows go really failed to have compelling action visually, somehow it managed to make fighting boring

MLP:FIM is still the best cartoon of the modern era

Mable didn't bother me at all, namely because I don't look to pre teen/tween girls to be examples of great or intelligent people

>comic shit
There is absolutely no reason why you can't like Batman and Superman, Wolverine and Cyclops, Marvel and DC, etc etc

Cyclops is and always has been an uncharismatic shit

Gwen has always been hotter than MJ

The Joker is a great villain who deserves popularity, it's just the way some people execute using him that's the problem

Moralfags who can't accept different types of characters with different moral compasses are some of the most annoying fans out there who seem to really be over attached to the idea of capeshit characters being their literal replacement in life for Jesus, which is disturbing

It is possible to like Marvel Studios films without acting like a koolaid drinking sycophant

It is possible to like DC films without being an overly defensive freak

MOST people who scream "waypool" every single time Deadpool makes a joke, breaks the fourth wall, or uses a pop cultural reference seem to be extremely uninformed and likely never even read Kelly's Deadpool in the first place
>>
>>90454154
Of course. Cartoons are just huge merchandise advertisements. Why do you think animes produce all those cumdump action figures?
>>
>>90463861
Maybe it is a popular opinion, but it sure as fuck doesn't feel like one when browsing /co/
>>
File: 2476966-631220.gif (53KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
2476966-631220.gif
53KB, 320x240px
>>90466388
>Squirrel girl
>>
Jessica Jones is an inexcusably bad piece of shit with zero redeeming qualities. It's amazing how low standards for television are when trash like that gets any praise.
>>
EE&E was nothing special, gross out humor and lolrandumb humor for the most part
>>
Kanye isn't the best artist of all time. Hes okay and music is subjective.

His clothing line is objectively overpriced and you are an idiot for buying into it.
>>
I hate Disney
>>
>>90472103
Since were going the /mu/ route, Nurse with Wound is criminally underrated.

Now You Are One Of Us is John Congleton's most overrated album (although that's probably because it's pretty beginner-friendly) and Hide The Kitchen Knives was better.

On the subject of /co/ stuff, the windmill vikings episode of Courage was far scarier than King Ramses.
>>
I really like the potential universe that can be built in Steven Universe, but find alot of the day-to-day story episodes and Steven as a character himself intolerable.

Perhaps it could be just personal overexposure, as i do enjoy some of the less commonplace Human characters like Mayor Dewey and such, but otherwise the common Beach City stuff is just something i can't get onboard with.
>>
jeez my opinions could end friendships but where do i begin oh yeah
>south park started to suck once Isaac Hayes left
>family guy was only funny during season 1 and 2 wore out it's welcome during season 3-now
>The only 2 shows that still hold weight in CN are Samurai Jack and Powerpuff Girls THE ACTUAL PPG not the 2016 one that one can burn in a special hell for bad reboots
>DC is shit and Marvel isn't good but the lesser of two evils
>Hasbro is evil they made me hate modern animation and they have the worst fans ever not just bronies but transformers fans, LPS fans, nostalgia fans, and any other hasbro fan i missed
>Disney sold out by relying on CGI since 2005 and the straight to video squeals
>I hate Nick there is nothing on anymore
>I hate The Boondocks tv show the comic was better
>King of the Hill is not worth any of my time
>Television and movies overall now are garbage I blame tumblr, soccer moms, alcoholic parents, executive meddling, charts and statistics that are worthless, and focus groups for the downfall of entertainment
>>
>>90472103
>>90472170
If we're talking /mu/ I have some very unpopular opinions

No hipster hop can be good period

The Beatles suck despite their giant influence

Hair metal isn't inherently bad

Nu metal isn't inherently bad

90 percent of black metal sucks

Old school death metal is the only stuff that matters for historical reasons, there is nothing impressive about modern bands who try to be extreme because it's all been seen before in the 80s and 90s

Melodic death metal was where more American bands should have been heading rather than trying to out brutal or out shock one another, when they would never make the impact a more mainstream artist like a Marilyn Manson would or ever could in that regard
>>
File: Marvel_Logo-wallpaper-9881517.jpg (131KB, 1440x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel_Logo-wallpaper-9881517.jpg
131KB, 1440x1280px
I unironically like Marvel over DC
>>
>>90454103
Adults shouldn't concern themselves so heavily with cartoons meant for children. Watching them is fine for light enjoyment or stress relief but I can't imagine wasting time bitching about them every single day on the internet.
>>
>>90457244
But then no one would be on this board
>>
>>90472491
You realize adults are the ones who make these shows, yes? People who have spent their lives building up to a career in animation and take it very seriously. I suppose art is invalid if it doesn't involve sex and gore, because you know, that's what mature adults should obsess over
>>
>>90472455
I really hate how much /mu/ circlejerks any and every 'I'm depressed and sometimes angry' album that comes out with no self awareness

and really, fuck shoegaze and fuck trap
>>
>>90462805
I never got it either
He's ok, not bad by any means, but not a godsend either
>>
>>90463726
Branching off from this, I want to say that I really liked the idea of Ultimate alien, but I haven't seen the show in forever, so I don't know if they pulled it off right
>>
>>90454258
To me "progressiveness" isn't a problem at all
It's just that when there is a gay couple for the sake of having a gay couple, it's just pandering IMO
And when you pander, it seems as though you don't really care about gays at all, you're just doing it because you want the image of someone who cares, so you're not really progressive at all.
That's what i think people mean when they say "progressive", it's sarcastic

In other words it's just sellout stuff
Remember those 80/90s commercials about hip cool kids with skateboards that drink the right soda or whatever?
That's how i think some will look at LGBT stuff in popculture today
>>
>>90467856
[User was banned for this post]
>>
File: 1474409353036.jpg (44KB, 604x396px) Image search: [Google]
1474409353036.jpg
44KB, 604x396px
I mostly like DC and indie shit
I couldn't give a fuck about comic movies
I love Alan Moores writing
I like comics in the physical issue format and buy them each week
I wish the x-men were their own universe
every marvel event from secret wars on has been garbage and stupid as fuck
I like King's batman run
there were a lot of nu52 runs that wernt bad and redeemed it for me (animal man, midnghter, wonder woman, swamp thing, grayson, batman, aquaman, omega men)
>>
>>90468301
Then they wouldnt be mary sue characters
>>
>>90472469
That was me a few years back.
Simply liked some of the characters more.
Then they got super progressive with nu-marvel and instead of catering to actual fans they tried to appease people who don't give a fuck about comic books.
>>
>>90472455
There is nothing inherently wrong with glam rock and I wish it could come back.
>>
Both Alan Moore and Grant Morrison are bad people that try way to hard.
>>
File: 1480257276007.jpg (56KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1480257276007.jpg
56KB, 645x773px
It's more than a coincidence that the winner of Image Comic's Creators For Creators grant, just announced, was PREVIOUSLY PUBLISHED by iron circus comics, the other curator of Creators For Creators

(((Congratulations))) M. Dean!
>>
>>90454103
I'm indifferent to the Marvel/DC wars and I think both companies have different approaches to storytelling that need to be judged on their own merits instead of being compared.

I think The Joker was a great villain and he definitely deserves his role as Batman's top villain. But I think The Killing Joke, despite being a decent book, ruined the character and set the standard for shit like TDK Joker to follow.

Magneto is grossly overrated and the character works much better when he's exposed for the fear mongering hypocrite that he is, instead of being portrayed as sympathetic.

Hating shows for their fandoms is autistic and retarded even though I do it.

SU does not deserve the hate it gets. But it's a show that wastes too much potential and completely deserves to be criticized. It just needs to be criticized outside of "lol tumblr shit".

/co/ is a shit board full of manchildren and a safespace for Tumblr but it's not close to being the worst board and there's some fine people who hang around here. It's probably one of the few boards where it's users are actually trying to make it as artists and writers (not that they are good at it) instead of just sitting by shitting on anyone who does try.

The Shadow > Batman (but I really love both)

Batman Returns > all other Batman movies (not counting The Lego Batman)

KND and Rick & Morty are unremarkable and overrated

BvS is the funniest movie of 2016 and I laughed my ass off watching it. It's a complete disaster on every conceivable level but it's so hilarious in it's incompetence that I went to see it twice.

I respect Ren and Stimpy for pushing boundaries and for it's good animation but I find it painfully unfunny.
>>
>>90454103
Adding the black punk hacker lesbian to cast and forcing the writers to make it a "lesson of the day" broadcast completely ruined the tone and feel of Batman Beyond, the consequence of which is making it impossible for a Batman Beyond game to be released. The second season, as well as Epilogue from Justice League: Unlimited, assassinated Terry McGinnis' character, making him a joke, and now the plebs would rather have Damian than him thanks to Bruce's flanderization and the edgy as fuck animated movies that have been released.
>>
File: 1487907926256.jpg (123KB, 788x664px) Image search: [Google]
1487907926256.jpg
123KB, 788x664px
>>90466355
You're correct that TLH stinks but this is the best character
>>
>>90471539
>Spongeautist was never funny

Go watch seasons 1-3 and come back please.

Used to be the comfiest and most charming show ever.

The first episode is pretty weak but it picks itself up pretty fast.
>>
>>90474845
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-ao2KBU5JI
>>
>>90461211
>I actually like the Jaeger designs for Pacific Rim 2, looking forward to seeing them in action
Jesus christ.
>>
Ultimates 1 & 2 are some of the best Avengers comics around. We wouldn't have the modern MCU without them and /co/ just loves to repeatedly shit on them every chance they get.
>>
>>90474845
Spongebob himself has always killed the show for me, I just find him to be the "annoying" manifested into a single character, and I have a hard time enjoying any show or comic where I can't even bring myself to like the so called protagonist I'm supposed to root for

Shows like Spongebob and Uncle Grandpa are probably the biggest examples of shows I simply cannot like at all because the main "hero" is someone I want to violently murder
>>
File: 3744772-s4.jpg (2MB, 3975x3056px) Image search: [Google]
3744772-s4.jpg
2MB, 3975x3056px
Except maybe for the JL origin flashbacks, Superman Wonder Woman was a great fucking book.
>>
>>90475454
Strongly agree.
>>
>>90457588
I think I get you.
I'm really curious about the show's lore and story arc, but the humour and tone is unappealing to me. I don't really care about any of the characters other than the villains later on.
>>
>>90476234
I like you.
>>
While I agree that it's a very well made movie, the themes of The Incredibles just rub me the wrong way to strongly for me to embrace it.
>>
>>90477853
What exact themes do you mean?
The whole thing about some people being naturally better and that they shouldn't be held back by naturally inferior people?
>>
Are people who complain about drawing style in today's cartoons serious?
Sure, it sucks that it's monotous, but that's the price of having generally better storytelling, more developed characters, more trope deconstruction, everything that matters in terms of the STORY.
>inb4 John K was 100% rite we don't need fucking story we need ANIMU
Would you rather watch Felix The Cat's well-animated stupid shenanigans for a 3000th time? What are you even doing on this board then?
>>
>>90478106
Cartoons are a visual medium, appealing to the eye of the viewer is important

I'm not saying what's appealing is objective, it's clearly a matter of taste, but if a show is ass ugly to my sensibilities (Uncle Grandpa) I'm not going to have a good time watching it
>>
I like Mr. Bungle but its fans seriously need to fuck off.
>hurr the music vaguely sounds like Mr. Bungle OH NO MR BUNGLE RIP-OFF
Just fuck off, Patton isn't the only one allowed to make music like that and I've yet to see outright plagiarism beyond superficial similarities.

t. butthurt Dog Fashion Disco fan.
>>
>>90472670
This
Also i find whenever they add a gay character into anything these days the storys become about the character bieng gay and nothing else.
And, to me anyway, they always use a sterotypical gay guy/girl.
I want to see a story about a guy who is a big fat bear fighting the forces of evil or somthing
>>
>>90472176
The problem I think is a lot of the beach city characters were written by Sugar, and giving those episodes to other writers watered down their development.

Not saying you're wrong in the slightest, there is quite a bit of potential in the series that I see as well (referring to your other points.)
>>
>>90478235
>I want to see a story about a guy who is a big fat bear fighting the forces of evil or somthing
>big fat bear
I honestly hope you mean the animal when you say that.

>>90478106
>inb4 John K was 100% rite we don't need fucking story we need ANIMU
Speaking of John, while I can understand his gripes on certain things he dislikes I still think his views can be really damn color-coded for the most part, especially when regarding Disney. This probably isn't really an unpopular opinion but fuck it.
>>
I like art more than writing in a comic

I think piracy is still stealing, regardless of how you romanticize it as "free advertising". That being said: still totally do it myself, but I'm at least honest in saying I'm too cheap to buy it legit.

The anti-SJW crowd is just as grating as the SJWs themselves.

The Marvel movies are almost all devoid of any style and are the visual equivalent to a vanilla latte.
>>
>>90480720
>I think piracy is still stealing, regardless of how you romanticize it as "free advertising". That being said: still totally do it myself, but I'm at least honest in saying I'm too cheap to buy it legit.

See, I'm not too cheap to buy things when I have the money, but I will only support companies that offer product I want and I like, and more often than not these days Marvel does literally everything I don't want, so I will just read them for free just so I can be in the loop and shitpost, when they put out stuff I actually think is worth my money, then they can have it
>>
Hey Arnold is over rated.
Futurama is boring.
Teen Titans over rated.

Hate for a fandom is more cancerous than the fandom itself.

I don't care for comics, they're boring. Bone is great though.

/tv/ and /a/ shit should stay on their own boards.
>>90467762
>itd be cool if /co/ had a secretsanta like other boards especially since /a/'s got banned
Didn't a nigga on /v/ send someone a dreamcast filled with maggots for their secret santa?
>>
>>90480782

It's stealing, regardless of the context, but that's my personal reason for doing it. Others can have any number of reasons why they bootleg, but it's still getting access to a product without compensating the creators, which is (a kind of) theft.
>>
>>90454258
It's mostly the forced diversity that's straight out of the 90s or changing characters because of more diversity instead of creating a good character by themselves.
>>
>>90467762
/co/ may not have a secret Santa, but it's Christmas threads are some of the best on 4chan.
>>
I hate cape comics because they will never end and will string along shit forever only to be retconned in about 5 years so they can make another clickbaity issue.
The only ones I can read are with heroes that are not that popular so they don't get random crossovers and writers tend to know what they're getting into

Steven Universe should be 30 minutes long and the show suffers greatly from its short episodes because tends to end up being 7 minutes of dicking about and 3 minutes screaming and crying about something serious.
>>
File: 2QXV8c.png (265KB, 1016x525px) Image search: [Google]
2QXV8c.png
265KB, 1016x525px
Outside of SU H8 B8 threads Tumblr seems to hate Steven Universe more then us now

Western Cartoons need more /m/ shit

The Internet is killing the cartoon industries revenue wise and Youtube has replaced it in terms of "dumb easy money"

I think that there would be no TTG discussion if they aired it normally, not positive discussion.

Clarence is OK, but when ever I watch all I can think about is the creator

I haven't Rick and Morty because it seems like another edgy atheist weed show and I have not meet one person who watches it and doesn't get high.

I have only read the comics I got a decade ago from my step-aunt and never branched out

Most western Rule 34 is shit and cringy, although if I could read Moonrunes I'd think of eastern stuff as cringe too

I don't think there is even a 9/10 cartoon show outside of maybe Samurai Jack and Billy and Mandy, nothing is 9.5/10 or a perfect 10
>>
>>90481533
>and Youtube has replaced it in terms of "dumb easy money"
You have no idea what you're talking about. YouTube is fucking over animators hard for the amount of time that it takes them to make something.
>>
>>90481637
I mean in kiddie stuff general, youtube animation makes shit, especially if you target kids, but stuff like Elsa vs Spiderman and low effort minecraft and commentary channels make bank and its stealing from cartoons the most
>>
>>90481732
And livestreams.
>>
>>90481533

> Outside of SU H8 B8 threads Tumblr seems to hate Steven Universe more then us now

Why?
>>
>>90481830
Because it's not as SJW as they would like it to be.

Andy a fairly conservative white presumably hetero male is treated with respect as an example.
>>
>>90480945
>Didn't a nigga on /v/ send someone a dreamcast filled with maggots for their secret santa?
from what i heard and seen /v/ is a special kind of autism

>>90481102
thats great but id also like to send someone shit and make them happy
ive considered just setting it up here myself
>>
>>90467856
Hell, today the Sales Recap was deleted for reasons unknown
>>
>>90481918
You've never been to /v/ for a long period of time?
Hell, have you ever even left this board?
>>
File: 1468286949001.png (661KB, 473x725px) Image search: [Google]
1468286949001.png
661KB, 473x725px
>>90462883
For that matter, I think that indiefags are some of the worst posters on this board. For every non-cape storytime or discussion thread, there are about 10 posts whining about "capeshit" being so popular, or shitting on people for still reading/watching "capeshit," or bragging about how cool and mature they are for not reading "capeshit."

And what's worse, in actual non-cape threads, I've seen criticism towards non-superhero comics be dismissed with comments like "at least it's not capeshit" or "you just don't like it because it doesn't have super-powered fistfights."

I don't care if it's Marvel vs. DC, cape vs. non-cape, or western vs. weeb. Console wars are console wars.
>>
File: Disgusting.jpg (42KB, 486x341px) Image search: [Google]
Disgusting.jpg
42KB, 486x341px
Steven Universe is fucking awful and deserves completely to be buried underneath a shitheap of TTGo episodes. With no real schedule, episodes being either completely worthless filler or rushed plot episodes, mediocre art, an immense and pathetic desire to be an anime, characters that got flanderized by Season 3 and a crew that's just all-around awful, obnoxious people, it just doesn't have anything that's in any way appealing.

And don´t gt me started on the god-awful messages about homosexuality and emasculation being good.
>>
>>90481918
That's what I mean, though, the Christmas threads on /co/ just use Amazon wishlists, and run throughout the whole month.
>>
File: goofy drive.jpg (25KB, 179x271px) Image search: [Google]
goofy drive.jpg
25KB, 179x271px
Regular Show went to shit as soon as that fucking Mordecai-Margaret-CJ romance arc got started

Not every cartoon needs to have DEEPEST LORE to be interesting, and it's annoying how most shows today tend to gravitate away from purely episodic stories

Teen Titans Go is not that bad of a show and can be funny at times; had it not been spammed 10 hours a day, Mr. Enter and all those other spergs wouldn't be complaining about it nearly as much
>>
>>90482223
>Thinking this is an unpopular opinion
>>
>>90482084
>for a long period of time?
no too poor for games
>have you ever even left this board?
plenty of times

>>90482229
its not as charming as gift wrapped shit with cards and homemade items and cookies
do they do that?
>>
>>90482357
Lad this board is so full of butthurt SUfags they had to be given their own containment general

And even then they spill out onto every other thread
>>
>>90482239
Holy fuck are you me? I hated the romance in that show. It was all chilled and out and whacky adventures, but they had to ruin it by adding a fucking love plot.
>>
File: Average drawthread in co.png (797KB, 1178x1694px) Image search: [Google]
Average drawthread in co.png
797KB, 1178x1694px
>>90463398
Because it takes away precious board space, space that could be used for the Nth Steven Universe or Ms Marvel thread.

>>90468091
/co/ is only interested in OC as long as they can pummel their pepperoni to it, just look at all those requests in the drawthread and how they react when something not lewd get done
>>
>>90482104
I agree with you, this is a great and well thought out point.

Superheros are still fucking awful though.
>>
>>90482976
Even though there have been more hate threads in the last week then generals. But no it's the fans who are obnoxious.
>>
>>90482709
It's not the standard, but I think some people have made special arrangements in the past.
>>
>>90483363
>how they react when something not lewd get done
Do they bitch?
>>
>>90483577
I won't call it bitching, sometimes the fucktards complain that someone else's request is done instead of their, or they bombard the drawfag with their requests.
>>
>the comic industry is forever fucked because 50% of getting a successful run is sales, and sales are 90% dependent on marketing
>the internet ruined comics forever by letting casuals and activist scum dictate what is and isn't okay, even if they don't read the comics
>there are too many writers being hired now who only use pre-established characters as their personal mouthpiece
>drawing a webcomic is an earmark for a wasted life filled with mediocrity, barring a small handful of marquee "success stories"
>/co/mblr is not a meme and tumblr's arrival on this board was a serious detriment
>pandering for the sake of pandering should be punishable by public firing and humiliation
>Batman is in fact a Gary-Stu
>Disney went to shit when they stopped focusing on animation and chose to focus on pre-teen sitcoms
>/co/ is perhaps the least-4chan board on 4chan, and gets triggered when you tell them how shit they've become
>Moana was extremely mediocre
>Slott is a terrible writer and Superior Spider-Man was not nearly as good as this board made it out to be
>variant covers are pointless more often than not because the artists are usually shit
>linework is the most important aspect in creating a comic
>people who complain about Ron x Kim are braindead saltmines who couldn't see it coming a mile away
>Korra was S H I T
>Rick & Morty is overhyped garbage that panders to the "lol 2deep4u" crowd
>Flash animation is unforgivable and leads to lazy character design
>a good musical score can save even the most terrible series/movies
>every Marvel series on Netflix barring DD has been shit so far
>/co/ will claim they never liked Young Justice in the first place if the upcoming 3rd season isn't literally perfect
>Marvel will be irrelevant after their Cinematic Universe draws to a close/ they run out of A & B-listers
>DC will never have any success creating a cinematic universe
>clone sagas are kitschy and never entertaining
>>
Big Hero 6 and BvS are my favorite movies.
I'm really looking forward to JL.
I'm a massive waifufag
I write shipping fanfiction
The only cartoons I've watched recently are Miraculous Ladybug and Voltron Legendary Defender. A huge part of that was the shipping.
I think the new Power Rangers movie looks fantastic and already have my tickets for it
I despise everything Ed Edd and Eddy. The artstyle, voice acting, and characters are all vomit inducing. Ditto for Rick and Morty, Adventure Time, and Regular Show.
TTG is trash completely independent of the original show. The only good thing about the original show was the main cast.
I think the Incredibles is Pixar's worst movie and a genuinely awful film. The animation has aged like milk and it doesn't even look as good as older Pixar movies, the characters are grating, and the villain goes from hyper-genius to a bumbling idiot for the sake of the ending.
>>
>>90454258
Background gays or interracial couples = fine
Gays as main characters = fine although I'm not interested in homosexual relationships so if they're too prominent I might not watch the show
Trying to beat kids over the head with ideology, like using gem fusion as a synonym for consent = bullshit social engineering
Anything that uses anti-male/white/straight buzzwords like 'mansplaining' or unironically talks about male privilege or white privilege (this isn't in cartoons yet AFAIK but it's in comics) = fucking dropped
Heavy-handed, unclever satire or barely disguised grandstanding about hot-button political issues = dropped
>>
>>90454258
Politics don't need to be in cartoons at all. You don't see a problem because you are a progressive.
>>
>>90483945
politics have been in cartoons nearly as long as moveable print has existed you fucking crybaby
>>
I liked countdown and infinite crisis
>>
File: crycat.gif (2MB, 372x262px) Image search: [Google]
crycat.gif
2MB, 372x262px
Robert Osborne died...

I don't wanna cope...
>>
>>90462190
The problem isn't necessarily progressiveness so much as bad writing.
>>
File: 1448085381753.gif (721KB, 446x251px) Image search: [Google]
1448085381753.gif
721KB, 446x251px
>>90483790
i can't tell if this is b8, but if it is, why are you here?
in fact, if all you people hate this board, why do you come here in the first place?
>>
File: 1474925137537.jpg (86KB, 538x777px) Image search: [Google]
1474925137537.jpg
86KB, 538x777px
>>90484278
ya know what, fuck it, i'm not done

why the fuck do people hate star vs. so much? it has better character development, continuity, and more intresting lore than SU does, what's the deal?

and why do people waste their time hating and arguing for SU? why, it's a fucking cartoon, why are you wasting you're life talking shit/defending a show you don't like?

comblur is a dumb fucking meme, i can say without a shadow of a fucking doubt there are more conservative and /pol/ niggas here than /v/, people scream out /co/mblr all the time around here, how the fuck are we tumblr, what does being tumblr even fucking mean?

Clarence and Star Vs. are the best cartoons on tv rn and it sucks that no one recognizes it as such

everyone is gonna hate the new samurai jack when it comes out, bet fucking money, and /co/ will be the first to hate it, regardless of quality.

I don't get why other boards think we're the worst, what makes us so bad? what makes us worst than /v/? or /pol/? pr fucking /tv/!!?? do you know, cause i have no fucking clue.

I've watched SU from the beggining, but not once do i feel like i've seen anything that's sjw at all, i don't understand how you could've seen any episode of the show and think that...okay, maybe the Initial D episode with that one guy, kevin i think his name was, but that's really debatable.

I like ship[ping, i really do, but only as long as it doesn't get out of hand, like bubblleline did, man i fucking hate bubbleline.

you are honestly the dumbest person on the planet if you really think cartoons have gotten worst, especially if you remember the dark ages of cartoons back in the mid 2000s, all the way to 2010/2011.

I don't care what any of you faggots say, I absolutley love mlp, and you can fight me about it, just because someone likes something, does not mean they should included with all the bad things about said thing, that's retarded and i don;t understand why 4chan as a whole does this

okay i think i'm done.
>>
>>90483790
/co/ hates superior, what the fuck are you talking about? We laughed at it with scanbro the entire release!
>>
Sometimes I don't know if /co/ honestly thinks ANTIFA are actual freedom fighters and not a bunch of jokes who are making left leaning people look like awful man/womanchildren who would throw away freedom for safety under the guise of being inclusive. I see this a lot in any Nick Spencer thread. Heck, even posters who call anyone who even disagrees with them "Nazi/Cletus". It's getting really annoying.
>>
>>90480945

>futurama is boring

This isn't an unpopular opinion, this is objective fact.

>hate for a fandom is more cancerous than the fandom itself

I disagree, at some point the cancer does loop around and become worse than the people who hate it all over again. Case in point: Bronies vs Anti-Bronies.

>>90481533

>Most western Rule 34 is shit and cringy, although if I could read Moonrunes I'd think of eastern stuff as cringe too

This is also 100% correct. A good 9/10 images and comics you find are chris-chan-tier garbage from deviantart catering to people's disgusting fetishes (the picture that comes to mind is Martha the dog in a diaper).

>I don't think there is even a 9/10 cartoon show outside of maybe Samurai Jack and Billy and Mandy, nothing is 9.5/10 or a perfect 10

I'd also put EEnE, Ren and Stimpy, Courage the Cowardly Dog, and seasons 1-3 of spongebob at 9/10, at the very least 8/10. I do agree though, no cartoon has ever been able to make a full 10/10 (Samurai Jack is the closest you can get) because no matter what the format essentially forces pacing and worldbuilding to be garbage. It's a problem of the medium rather than the material itself.

>>90482104

I agree with you, except for one thing. It does serve a purpose, because it keeps capeshit from completely overwhelming all other discussion on the board. There was a time when capes did overwhelm the board and it was godawful.

>>90482223

Not unpopular, and if it is everybody else is full of shit because you are right about this evaluation here.

>>90483790
Not unpopular, this is 100% accurate and anybody who has been here for a while believes everything you just listed, especially >/co/mblr is not a meme and tumblr's arrival on this board was a serious detriment
>>
I don't like Star Wars at all.
Anything dealing with space just sounds boring and unattractive for me.
>>
Progressiveness in cartoons is the symptom, not the illness. The illness would be, for example, mordern cartoon writers, who are too anti-hate to critize and too weak to take criticism, who are completely incapable of writing actual humor that appeals to anyone over the age of 12, who would often make convoluted but empty dialog that tries to be deep for their fans to interpret something that isn't even there.

Unpopular because they don't call /co/ /co/mblr for nothing
>>
>>90482223
bait??
>>
File: bw.png (927KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bw.png
927KB, 1280x720px
>>90454103
Capeshit is the manifestation of a relativist, nihilist society.
Individuals these days don't know their roots, they don't have culture, they don't believe in God anymore.
They don't know what is right or wrong, therefore the subconscious full of insecurity brings them to retire into the infantile world of the comic books they read while they were still innocent and young, in which good and evil are easy to spot, good always wins. In which evil is abominable instead of alluring and addictive as it is in their daily lives, that are so empty and far away from how human life should be that they prefer to pretend it doesn't exist, that genre is only a social construct, that life is one big sesame street episode, etc. etc.
It is no accident that tumblrfags and all sorts of plebs and normalfags chug this abhorrent shit down like it was Coca-cola in 1886.

You faggots go on and on about "muh capeshit is better", "no mine is better", and don't realise you are slave to the inhabitable world you help nourish by refusing to see it in all its despicable reality.
>>
>>90485933

>Everything that triggers me is bait
>>
File: 1449303275209.jpg (64KB, 500x433px) Image search: [Google]
1449303275209.jpg
64KB, 500x433px
>>90483790
>/co/mblr is not a meme and tumblr's arrival on this board was a serious detriment

You can call a best-selling, critically acclaimed book a pile of shit and its creator(s) an overrated hack and nobody bats an eyelash. But you try to talk shit about Mockingbird for example, and bring up its numerous significant flaws that don't even have to do with TAMPONS, the cover to the last issue, or the rape retcon and out of the woodwork you have posters claiming that the book is fine and if you don't like it you're a neckbeard manbaby from /pol/.

There are some posters here who treat progressive books with kid gloves where criticism is handwaved away with "you're not the target audience," "it sells well in trades and digital" even if it doesn't or "/co/ is so triggered by this book," even if they have grievances about the story that have nothing to do with race/skin color/gender/orientation.
>>
>>90486181
bait???
>>
>>90486190
>mom i posted the image again
>>
>>90486190
I have never seen anything even remotely like what you're describing on this board.

Mockingbird, Hellcat, Champions, etc. are nearly universally reviled, that's why it's a STP whenever they get storytimed here.
Fuck, there are still multiple threads talking about how America is pandering, SJW garbage, and when Hellcat got cancelled, there were multiple threads rejoicing it.
>>
>>90486275
>I can't refute the post so I'll try to discredit the image
;)
>>
File: 1485986957423.png (255KB, 566x533px) Image search: [Google]
1485986957423.png
255KB, 566x533px
>>90462805
>>90472563
it's because the drawthread needs desperately some drawfag to stick around, so they worship the guy in order to make him stick around. RRR can pull off some really good stuff (you don't get noticed by Zone by just putting her in your picture) I just hope he doesn't get lazy.
What other drawfags are there anyway?
I recall RRR, the fusion guy, Broken from time to time, who else?
>>
>>90483945
>You don't see a problem because you are a progressive.
like 90% of anti-progressive arguements, my general thoughts on this are: "So?"

What's wrong with being progressive?
>>
>>90486476
I think he's pointing out your lack of objectivity. Your political orientation will blind you to some issues that others might see, and make you aware of issues that others might not see or care about.
>>
>>90478235
>>90472670
This. Artificial diversity is one of the many nails in the progressive's coffin.
>>
File: and more.jpg (15KB, 192x154px) Image search: [Google]
and more.jpg
15KB, 192x154px
>Clone High is mediocre as fuck. It's soundtrack is the only thing going for it.
>PPG has the best Rogue Gallery of any CN show, with KND and Samurai Jack close second and third.
>Saying that though, XJ-9 is the best CN Villain, though I'm biased since I have a hard-on for Tragic Villains.
>Cartoon Cartoon Fridays theme song was fucking ear gratingly bad.
>I don't like the design for the Seven Semon Demons or whatever they're called on the new Season of SJ, the base face is just so fucking boring.
>>
>>90484178
I agree, although we are seeing a lot of bad writing due to progressiveness.
>>
>>90486568
I guess, it just feels like 90% of the time people rush to prove something is "progressive" or it's creators are "sjws" but they almost never get into or talk about why that's actually an issue.

Nobody talks about actual issues like fucking ruining some of my favorite comics, not by having diverse characters, but by removing classic characters. They all just rush to call each other "/pol/" or "tumbler" as if that instantly proves that the other has no valid points.
>>
File: k2.jpg (54KB, 540x441px) Image search: [Google]
k2.jpg
54KB, 540x441px
>>90486142
bruh
>>
>>90486455
Also the drawthreads are nothing but circlejerks that never really appreciate the drawfags anyway, so a lot of them have now just decided they'd rather pop into different threads that they take a liking to, because in the end there's a bigger chance of at least getting a "Thank you" instead of some waifufag taking your drawing and then nothing saying "thank you" at all
>>
>>90462507
Source?
>>
I actually really liked the general idea for the new Secret Wars, and it also encouraged a lot of shorter different series.

Diversity can be done right (Pre-CW2 Ms. Marvel, ANGR) but most of the time is shoehorned in to boast how progressive they are as a company and to try and make a quick buck

Animation will never be taken seriously in the US, ever.

Adventure Time was what killed creativity and art in cartoons instead of Calarts as a whole.

Nickelodeon has essentially given up on animation, which is more or less a good thing unless you want The Loud House to run for two decades
>>
>>90486748
>instead of some waifufag taking your drawing and then demanding more before going to jerk off to his delivery
Fixed. Then they wonder why the drawfags keep leaving.
>>
File: 1450163701751.png (153KB, 333x254px) Image search: [Google]
1450163701751.png
153KB, 333x254px
>>90486142
>they don't believe in God anymore.
good, he doesn't exist in the first fucking place
>>
>I am getting tired of SU
I>ron Fist looks boring
>Despite what I think of Spencer, I'm enjoying captain Hydra and I think it's a interesting spin on the character
>Mosaic was kinda cool as a concept
>I'm afraid of what will happen to the comics once the cape era on hollywood will fade away
>I hate how easy /co/ gets baited
>>
File: co.png (216KB, 1919x1155px) Image search: [Google]
co.png
216KB, 1919x1155px
>>90454258

No one cares. It's that the people who do care are VOCAL and mods aren't as good at keeping them contained as they used to be.
>>
>>90454170
This desu.
>>
>>90486748
>>90486865
>the last threads move so slow that they can stay up for days
GEE I WONDER WHY. It's fucking /aco/ all over again
>>
>>90474748
>The Killing Joke...ruined the character
Curious for your take on this
>>
>>90472670
>>90478235
>>90486581
Tokenism. The term you guys are looking for is tokenism. It's not new at all, look at all the Native American, black, asian characters added in 70s that were only defined by said trait
>>
File: harley quinn.jpg (184KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
harley quinn.jpg
184KB, 1920x1080px
>>90454103

While I love the old Harley, I really enjoy the new Harley. She's that slutty bimbo that doesn't go to that super fetishy side. She's fun and sexy and bisexual (or something) and her comic is a guilty pleasure.
>>
>>90487243
Oh hey, you're right. Thanks anon.
>>
Why is it that tumblr associated stuff like SU, undertale, adventure time, homestuck and many more, have canon or at least reference lesbians in them? Why is the number of lesbians higher than the number of gays, for example?
It's also the reason why i feel that people saying lesbians in cartoons are gender indoctrination at a young age by da joos are incorrect, it's most likely just a female empowerment thing.
>>
>>90487471
Lesbians are more accepted than gay because men can still wack their weinier looking at them
>>
File: 1469932601755.png (1MB, 1166x506px) Image search: [Google]
1469932601755.png
1MB, 1166x506px
>>90454103
Can never think of anything whenever these threads show up, and when they don't suddenly I've got a million things to get off my chest.
I'd write them down but that'd just make me obsess over trivial shit I'd be better off forgetting, and that's the opposite of coping.
>>
File: spongebob.gif (420KB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
spongebob.gif
420KB, 320x213px
I like Nostalgia Critic, Zoophobia, and Teen Titans Go (though I agree that CN shows it too fucking much).
>>
>>90481048
>>90472670

How would you guys propose that minorities are placed in cartoons, then? Only when their minority status is a plot point or something Because that seems like even worse pandering.

I get what you're saying when writers try to include every minority identity under the sun (and combine them in ridiculous ways), but I don't see why a character can't just be gay as some superficial aspect of their character like age or height.
>>
>>90487471
because muh girlpower
>>
>>90455445
I'm with you. The trippy stuff felt out of place and just thrown in as random humor for no real reason. It felt like he was trying to hard to recapture the essence of EEnE with ren and stimpy mixed in.
>>
File: 1434527958111.jpg (42KB, 572x539px) Image search: [Google]
1434527958111.jpg
42KB, 572x539px
Whenever i hear the samurai jack opening, i always though Will.i.am. was just spouting gibberish. To this day, all i hear is "Gaagboobleia" or some other nonsense.
I actually have to try to focus like a retard to actually hear "gotta go back"
>>
>>90489712
Wait, that was Will.i.am?!
>>
>>90480506
>I honestly hope you mean the animal when you say that.
Why not both?
Have a big fat bear who turns into a big fat bear, similar to Marvel's Wolfsbane.
I'd watch/read that.

Gay for the sake of gay is shit, as is any other personality trait that's just there "because".
Using it thematically is best.
>>
File: rDg6skQK.jpg (42KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
rDg6skQK.jpg
42KB, 400x400px
>>90487092
Killing Joke set a horrible precedent for most stories that followed. A lot of people seem to think that the current problem of The Joker being an invincible edgelord is due to The Dark Knight, but The Killing Joke is to blame for this.

And I really feel the need to emphasize that I actually like The Killing Joke. I'm not a huge Alan Moore fan, but The Killing Joke is, for the most part, a great comic (mostly due to Brian Bolland). For better or worse, it truly has become the definite Joker story. But I have two huge problems with The Killing Joke that have less to do with the comic and more with what it created.

First of all, it gave The Joker a tragic backstory. I understand the point of this backstory, to further the idea that both Batman and Joker are mirrors of each other. But this (admitted by Moore himself) poor attempt to make him seem more "three dimensional" is not only very great at it, it actively goes agaisnt the character. I firmly believe that, in order for The Joker to truly deserve his spot as the top Batman villain, he should not have a sympathetic backstory. Joker embodies Gotham's worst, just as much of a force of evil as Batman is a force of good. He used to stand out compared to the other villains because he didn't have a sympathetic backstory, he was just always there. And while this backstory works fine for the comic because it's left open to interpretation, the fact that it's been adopted as the official Joker backstory by most media just upsets me.

And second, it kickstarted what is currently the biggest problem with modern Joker: the fact that he can only be written as a fakedeep moronic edgelord who can only try to maintain relevance via shock value. Everyone wants to top TKJ. Everyone wants to make The Joker as scary as possible. No one wants to remember why The Joker worked or why he was so interesting and fun to watch.
>>
>>90485374
>I disagree, at some point the cancer does loop around and become worse than the people who hate it all over again. Case in point: Bronies vs Anti-Bronies.
counter point: temporary removal of fandoms on this board to /trash/ has not changed the aggressive nature of of anti-fandoms.
>>
>>90489053
I only get pissy when they go "it's iron man but we made him black because idk". I truly do think that you can make a good character and I hate how they tend use that clickbaity change for money.

We both aren't saying "stop adding minorities". It's more of a "you're forcing it in there because you have to fill all the checkmarks on your list" as it was in the 90s
>>
>>90490687
>temporary removal of fandoms on this board to /trash/
As if that crap worked, they spam the board and cry that the evil mods banned their general
>>
Invader Zim isn't funny.

>>90486617
>Clone High is mediocre as fuck. It's soundtrack is the only thing going for it.
I believe it's the Wire effect where the further we get away from the show in terms of time the less we'll be able to appreciate it.
>>
>>90490524
I always felt that the Jack Nickelson Joker backstory was the best, Gothams a hellhole so a boy who grew up on the streets had to survive join a gang work his way up then the accident kind of makes him a better villian, a he never had a chance story rather than just yeah he had a bad day so now he kills thousands of people.
>>
>>90486860
>Animation will never be taken seriously in the US, ever.

What does this actually mean? /co/ keeps saying this.

Like, okay, it's considered embarrassing for an adult to watch (certain) cartoons and talk about them in public. Fine.

But look at how much money they make. Frozen is one of the top 10 highest grossing movies ever. Unfortunately.

They're literally everywhere. So many cable networks have tried to cash in on the raunchy South Park market.

Some of the most influential franchises on TV are animated (see: The Simpsons, SpongeBob).

Animated movies have won Oscars. Never Best Picture, admittedly, but they're not the only genre to never win Best Picture. Live action comedies and sci-fi movies get shafted even harder. Hell, from what I remember, just being a sequel reduces a movie's chances of winning an Oscar.

Like, what do people need to do to show they respect Western animation at this point? I don't understand this mindset at all.
>>
>>90472670
>It's just that when there is a gay couple for the sake of having a gay couple, it's just pandering IMO

As opposed to what? Why does there have to be a reason, exactly? There's no reason gay people are gay. I can understand wanting there to be a reason that them being gay would be brought up by the plot (though being able to visibly tell they are gay is not "it being brought up by the plot").

I think characters being gay because whatever, there are gay people, who cares, is one of the better ways to include them. At the same time, I do understand why taking a pre-existing character and making them gay is irritating, even if the rationale there is the same, just doing it because whatever.
>>
>>90482223
>gets you started on the god-awful messages about homosexuality and emasculation being good.
>>
>>90470994
As someone who has been workshopping a comic idea for a while (like I'm sure half of this board, so not really any special insight here), clicking the panels like that has always seemed pretty gimmicky. I've thought a lot about how to make the most of a digital format without going full homestuck or doing two-frame raining panels. It lets the reader pace things out better for themselves and you aren't going to see the last panel on a page (or worse, a two-page spread) out of the corner of your eye, but it just feels cheap.
>>
>>90491150
It's the "I'm embarrassed of enjoying something that others find immature." Although I also believe that these people don't actually know what they're talking about and usually just stick to some modern shows.
>>
>>90491150
>>90491725
This.
Caricatures, imo, is the only form of animation-related art that's not universally accepted in America as "kiddie shit".
>>
I don't think genndy tartakovsky's animation style looks good in action scenes.
I've seen the fight scenes from the clone wars/symbiotic titan/samurai jack and they are flaccid as fuck due to the style.

Any impact is lost because of how stiff the characters have to be to stay on model. He uses the same sound effects repeatedly to the point of cliche.

It is simply visually unappealing.
>>
File: 08d.png (231KB, 705x502px) Image search: [Google]
08d.png
231KB, 705x502px
/co/mblr is real. Maybe not to the extent that /pol/lacks claim it to be but /co/ is easily the least 4chan-ish of the boards.

I actually like Zoophobia's art.

/co/ should be nicer to its drawfags.

/co/ > /tv/

I actually like over-the-top edginess, so long as said edginess doesn't mistake its self as being profound.

Not technically /co/, but I find Welcome to Nightvale mindbogglingly boring. Cecil is a boring character with a droning voice. My local radio stations have more life in them.

>>90491188

While their is definitely a discussion to be had about Pandering and Virtue Signaling, I feel that the majority of the people who say you need a reason to show [Insert Minority Group] simply don't want to see [Insert Minority Group] in their media. Their just to coy too say it outright.
>>
>>90483790
No one but few very loud autists like Superior, though. The agreement usually goes along the lines of "it could've had potential in the hands of a better writer".
>>
>>90493768
>/co/ should be nicer to its drawfags.
It's just waifufags and autists that are dicks. Although the only drawfags left are the ones that appeal to them so it's like a loop.
>>
File: IMG_2020.png (67KB, 432x371px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2020.png
67KB, 432x371px
>>90493896
>That one autist who follows artist to whatever thread or board they go to rage at them
>>
Batman has been ruined for me forever, I can never like the guy himself ever again
Joker needs to stop being a thing for the next few decades
I've had to actually defend SU more than I'd like to, and I hate the universe for it
Overt edginess just seems needlessly cruel and boring to me
Punisher 2099 was cooler than regular Punisher
i want to love spider-man again
Mutants suck ass
Comics need to have beginnings and endings
superman's villains should be treated better
>>
>>90454258
It just seems so hypocritical for the mainstream media being all accepting towards gays and shit when they would pretend they never existed in earlier shows. They come off as being really disingenuous as if they don't really care about gays, they're just doing it for virtue signalling and to put themselves on a higher pedestal and look more righteous than others around them.
>>
>>90494244
It's not about that though, they're just trying to sell their product to an ever growing audience. They do it all the time, but since they're treading on relatively new concepts it kinda just feels forced.

It happened before but yall were too young to notice it.
>>
>>90483945
I don't think gay characters are political. I feel like that's like saying any kind of romance is political
>>
>>90489053
Ah, in that case I agree.
>>
Adventure Time is fantastic, and has always been good.
Star Vs. is incredibly mediocre. Mostly praised by ship/waifufags.
SU was actually great for its first season, but is now terrible.
Rick and Morty is good.
Anyone who unironically uses the word reddit or tumblr as an insult or criticism should kill themselves.
Zootopia was just okay.
Frozen was bad.
Tangled was better.
Korra season 3, while not as completely terrible as the others, is still shit.
>>
I don't get why pone is even banned anymore, considering how much /co/ talks about it.
>>
>>90486142
Capeshit is still too black and white, which is why people are more interested in the villains.
>>
File: FostersSpicChick.png (338KB, 500x861px) Image search: [Google]
FostersSpicChick.png
338KB, 500x861px
Adventure Time and Steven Universe are the worst "popular" cartoons I've ever seen. You are either a femanon or a pedroposter if you find that tripe entertaining or fappable.

Everything about capeshit, the movies or the cartoons or the comics, is utterly boring and for niggers or trailer trash who just want MUH ACKTION AND FITES rather than coherent or clever storytelling.

Classic FOP / Classic Rocko > Classic Spongebob. Taking it further, any time I see someone use one of those grainy Spongebob reaction images I know I'm dealing with a nigger or a complete moron.

The Loud House is popular and successful not because "muh waifus" but because it adheres to strong family values and the cast is predominantly white and attractive, which shouldn't even be a fucking rare thing in cartoons but for some reason these days it is.

Gravity Falls was fine for the vast majority of its run, even the first 1/3 of its finale was pretty good. Yeah the ending sucked though.

SvtFOE season 2 mostly sucked outside of the final few episodes. Episodes like the Hillarydog or Pizza Thing being fine examples of how bad it got.
>>
>>90497526
>The Loud House is popular and successful not because "muh waifus" but because it adheres to strong family values
Yeah. Okay buddy, keep telling yourself that.
>>
I think Agents of SHIELD has been the best thing in the entire MCU since the Winter Soldier movie besides Ant-Man
>>
>>90485374
Ooh, I have a solution.
How about faggots try something else instead of bitching and being an annoying pain the ass? Maybe try getting people interested in other stuff?
But no, screaming LULZ CAPESHIT SUXX MY TASTE IS THE BEST I SO REFINED is so much easier, isn't it?
>>
>>90497864
most just stay contained to storytimes, shelf and francobelgium threads
>>
Christfags on 4chan are every bit as smug, obnoxious and self-righteous as Dawkinsfags are everywhere else.

>inb4 le fedora meem
>>
>>90497526
>loud house
>strong family values
>when the best friend of Lincoln has gay parents
>when his oldest sister dates a taco
>claiming that the show was popular when the people who did so was thrown into /trash/ due to their rampant waifu posting
>>
>>90497961
This. In a way they're worse because at least most fedoras have conviction in their beliefs, whereas a lot of christfags are just trying to be counter-culture. The irony is hilarious.
>>
File: 5222440108490.jpg (23KB, 500x327px) Image search: [Google]
5222440108490.jpg
23KB, 500x327px
>>90454103
I think Marvel has always been super progressive the publishers it's just what we grew up with was the norm. Even changing legacy heroes to minorities is nothing new. I think they can just be more honest with their intentions and they lack story quality but in the end shoving minorities into your face has been the Marvel way since the 70s.
>>
I don't laugh when watching comedies, I get bored by horror movies and thrillers, I don't find any work of fiction appealing and the only medium I can enjoy is music.

I only pretend to like comics, cartoons, books, movies, etc. Chances are, they're just a time-waster I didn't even enjoy.
>>
>>90498112
aw you poor depressed snowflake
>>
File: sip.png (84KB, 146x265px) Image search: [Google]
sip.png
84KB, 146x265px
>>90497726
>>90497980
A large percentage of Loud House's viewerbase is adult females according to tvbythenumbers.

>when the best friend of Lincoln has gay parents
They rarely appear.
>when his oldest sister dates a taco
Who cares other than one drop Nordicuck stormfags? For all we know he's Spanish, he and his sister are white-washed as hell.

>claiming that the show was popular when the people who did so was thrown into /trash/ due to their rampant waifu posting
Not even entirely sure what you mean by this brainfart of a sentence, but they moved there because, like any other Nickelodeon show since after Redmanlet became the board's mod, the threads were overmoderated and randomly permasaged/deleted so they moved there out of inconvenience. This board is a shell of its former self.

It's funny how out of all the unpopular opinions I had, somehow a positive one about Loud House is the one that sets you both into a frothing rage.
>>
>>90498488
Oh no, I disagree with everything you said except for star vs. It's just that your comment on TLH's popularity is objectively wrong. Also you seem like someone not worth debating.
>>
>>90498549
>objectively wrong
Prove it then.

My claims are backed up by sources such as tvbythenumbers and showbuzzdaily.

What the fuck are you basing your claims off of, almighty aspie of debate? An anonymous imageboard with a shitty board management system well past its prime?
>>
>>90454258
Because they're fuckheads who feel like they have to shove social justice into every single show (((they))) can get their fat fingers on. Honestly, I think it's obscenely insulting and demeans any sense of normality in regards to LGBTQ, simply because of the ridiculous over-representation comparative to the actual population. Plus, it can just ruin characters by forcing them into a box that makes the creators and a minority of fans feel better. Getting REAL sick of this shit.
>>
/co/mblr isn't real.
Prove me wrong.
>>
>>90493768
>but /co/ is easily the least 4chan-ish of the boards.

See part of me agrees, the other part hates the fact that 4chan is considered to have some kind of agreed upon political viewpoint. Having different ideas from each other keeps us healthy and not living in some kind of hug box like those other websites we love to yell about so much.
>>
>>90497526
>The Loud House is popular and successful not because "muh waifus"

no shit retard. It's a show for kids

the waifu thing is about the 4chan fanbase.
>>
>>90498311
I'm so sorry that I think your favourite shit is garbage but let's be honest, it's most likely is.
>>
>>90454103
I'm a handsome young man that could get a gf if I really tried.
>>
Only retarded subhumans think Gravity Falls was ever good,
>>
>>90500107
this isn't a thread for b8s
>>
File: humberto_ramos_bad_anatomy.jpg (85KB, 550x299px) Image search: [Google]
humberto_ramos_bad_anatomy.jpg
85KB, 550x299px
>>90457519
>>90465784
>>
>>90500242
No one's baiting, faggot. That show was trash from start to finish.
>>
>>90500353
so you didn't care for all the postmodernistic trope deconstruction? ew.
>>
File: 8V1B.gif (490KB, 476x357px) Image search: [Google]
8V1B.gif
490KB, 476x357px
i hae modern disney, they absrb everyone with talent and create same thing over and over.
>>
>>90500390
>m-muh tropeshit
Fuck off and kill yourself.
>>
>>90454103
I can't stand anything written by Snyder
I hate Arkham Asylum by Morrison
I think most of Moore's work is overrated in general still great though
I think Gaiman is a hack
>>
Whedon is a talentless hack who never made anything of value in his entire life and always thought he's much more clever than he actually was.
Only nostalgiafags think Buffy was even slightly good.
>>
>>90500454
but what's important in a story if not tropeshit?
>>
>>90500871
What's important is you getting some standards and fucking off.
But that's not gonna happen, unfortunately.
>>
>>90501017
>>
/co/'s become the worst hobby board on the site, but I'll prefer it to CBR or reddit.
We should self-moderate to be more like /a/. We're always getting cited and linked on other websites, more so than most boards do.
There's an influence of tumblr on the board but I'd call it more of a natural result of /co/'s acceptance. If you put your dick everywhere of course it's gonna get sick.
People are fucking terrible at reporting and moving on, /co/'s company wars are far more damaging to the board than /v/ because they end up pushing better threads off the last page.
>>
>>90501089
Oh, I'm sorry. You seem to be too retarded to understand that no one is trying to argue with you because you don't have an argument worth refuting and seem to have absolutely low standards.
>OH WOW A CLICHE IS MOCKED THAT HAS DEFINITELY NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE SO CLEVER SO IMPRESSIVE BEST SHOW EVER
Get cancer and die.
>>
>>90501145
you seem angry
>>
>>90501227
Oh, wow. How observant of you.
What gave it away?
>>
ATLA is overrated.
>>
All women writers and artists should kill themselves.
I'm not joking or exaggerating.
There's a reason all the best literary works are made by men and there's a reason literature was in decline ever since Frankenstein (which gave birth to similar garbage resulting in godawful genre fiction we have today).

All women are doing is destroying fiction.
>>
>>90501982
Nocenti's run on Daredevil was pretty good tho
>>
>>90454103
GR15 shouldn't exist anymore. By continuing to enforce this rule, we're just perpetuating the 'cancerous' nature of the /mlp/ chan, and we become unable to view it as a simple discussion topic before devolving into utter autism. I don't even think very many people even care about the show anymore.

Someone else already said this, but realize that one of the only 2D animated films in the past few years is going to be released nationally and we can't even discuss it on the damn comics and cartoons board. Seems dumb to me.

Also it alienates people who just like the show but aren't a part of the fandom, so basically me.
>>
>>90502640
whoops, i used one 'even' too many there.
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with character-driven stories. Plotfags are annoying with the "it has no plot, so it's shit".
>>
>>90493768
/tv/ is fucking awful.

I personally don't see anything wrong with the concept of /co/mblr.

If anything we're the most normal/centrist board, politically speaking, and that's a good thing by my standards. We're not too far left and we're not "KILL ALL NIGGERS KEK" either.
It's refreshing and allows people to be honest when we have discussions that aren't totally apolitical unlike /pol/ and tumblr where you're forced to side with the majority because everyone's too retarded and stubborn to think objectively or to be willing to have an actual discussion with people conceding with one another and trying to see the others' point of view. On every other board it turns into shitflinging flamewars and people chimping out with statistics and whatnot. And hey, if that makes us /co/mblr then we're /co/mblr alright.

>>90486581
I don't get why SJWs are so satiated with lazy raceswaps and tokenism. If anything they should be insulted by it, but eh, I guess they're being easily pacified like the whiny uninformed babies [spoilers] that don't read comics [/spoiler] that they are, not genuinely given characters worth more than two pints of piss in quality like Midnighter.

>>90500263
Oh.
>>
File: ground zero mlp.jpg (803KB, 624x5000px) Image search: [Google]
ground zero mlp.jpg
803KB, 624x5000px
>>90454103

I posted in this thread and I regret nothing.
>>
>>90501089

You're an ass hat
>>
File: 1488894630162.jpg (540KB, 1280x1977px) Image search: [Google]
1488894630162.jpg
540KB, 1280x1977px
Thicc is a shit meme

Pic related is praised to high heaven, but I honestly think it is ruined by inclusion of "poetry". It would have been better if there were no words at all.

More franchises should pursue what Gundam does: In which instead of endless sequels, prequels, and rebirths, the core concepts are encapsulated while being set forth in an entirely new setting. All Gundam shows have essentially the same morals, but each try to do their own thing.

Finn Mertens is one of the best cartoon protagonists to date. Finn now, is infinitely more mature and empathetic than the spastic kid we were first introduced to. Yet even then he still retains a happy go lucky virtuous spirit.
I'm glad Adventure Time has lasted this long, as to allow me to see Finn come so far.

Junji Ito is overrated.
>>
File: 09.jpg (804KB, 1772x1385px) Image search: [Google]
09.jpg
804KB, 1772x1385px
As a guy who regularly browses tumblr, seeing their shit memes reposted here makes me sick.
Even worse is seeing 4chan screencaps circulate on tumblr.
>>
>>90503447
>browses both

Why do you really care then? /co/'s a pretty big outlier to the rest of 4chan so it's not like it's seeping out into other boards' cultures.
>>
>>90503528
Because tumblr's oc memery is mostly awful regurgitated crap, and seeing tumblrfags try to force it on here makes me gag.
I only have an account because I post art.
As for the other bit, I just hate being reminded that people from there come to this site.

I'm just a bitter ass.
>>
File: 4e5.jpg (55KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
4e5.jpg
55KB, 625x626px
>>90501982
>>
>>90503447
>As a guy who regularly browses tumblr, seeing their shit memes reposted here makes me sick.
What is a tumblr meme? I thought progressives hate humor because it's offensive.
>>
>>90503727
Anything that earns an easy reblog.
Like that thread about how it's the day of the Grand Opening of the Krusty Krab? That shit's allover tumblr.
>>
>>90455445
Wow I thought you were exaggerating but that really WAS just Buttons and Mindy. Ouch.
>>
>>90502640

The reason that GR15 exists is because the bronies were organizing on other, outside sites like reddit and mlp forums and invading /co/. They were the start of /co/mblr and all the related faggotry that has invaded. There is a reason that this board is a beachhead for every non-*chan group to invade this website, just like /v/ was before the Gamergate exodus and /pol/ was before /Pol/ Harbor 2015. Moot should have gone further and nuked every brony like he did on April Fur's Day when he mass banned every furry and everybody trolling the furries. He should have done it to /mlp/ too.
>>
I dont get the appeal of the DCEU movies at all.
MoS is "okay" but BvS and SS were genuinely awful films.
I really cant understand the desire for people to so religiously defend BvS.
>>
>>90505009

>no one really gave a shit about small horse shtposters
>suddenly its a global rule, giving a moot-mandated bad idea for everyone who wants to be an edgy rebel and shipost for free (You)s
>fucking torrents of shitposters and pretendfags
>even now posting small horses from proxies is the entry level 4chan shitposting

Wooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaw. I'm pressing buttons here! Also, peak brony was 2012-.14, no one really gives a shit anymore.

Btwm/pol/ was nuked because moot was trying to sell the site and make it "presentable" and not a nazi shitshow. The trump election and rare pepe memes should give you an idea how well that went.
>>
I dont like gays in my cartoons
>>
>>90494244
Maybe the reason they pretended they never existed in earlier shows is because of how being gay wasnt accepted back than? It is just now starting to become normalized so of course now shows are trying to add them in

I dont see the issue here
>>
>>90483945
How is showing a homosexual political?
They exist, that's a fact.
The politics are around the morality and rights associated with them.
>>
>>90498488
>A large percentage of Loud House's viewerbase is adult females according to tvbythenumbers.
But you just ripped on Steven Universe and Adventure Time for having female viewers.
>>
>>90455698
Same.
>>
>>90468327
I doubt you've actually read enough to be talking in terms of 1/2 or 1/3. And the original intent behind cape comics was to make as much money for as long as possible.
>>
>>90465067
Eat a dick
>>
>>90454258

it just bothers me that they always execute it really poorly or with a political "in your face" or "deal with it" tone

but im more bothered by moralfag hypocrites who want that shit to not be represented at all but then cry when they censor other stuff like violence, censorship in general is bad
>>
File: 1341872293690.jpg (114KB, 411x502px) Image search: [Google]
1341872293690.jpg
114KB, 411x502px
>>90503337

>Junji Ito is overrated.

you have to consider that most of us like it for his creativity, Im pretty sure most of us recognize that his storylines are goofy shit that gets sidetracked fast and always have shitty endings
>>
File: 1488408185625.png (389KB, 516x492px) Image search: [Google]
1488408185625.png
389KB, 516x492px
This board's infatuation with drawfags is its absolute most cancerous aspect, far moreso than anything SU or capeshit or Tumlbr related, and it's also why /co/ is the least 4chan board on 4chan.
You fags get infatuated with an overgrown namefag because he/she draws doodles for you of the main character of your favorite show with a penis, or in a revealing outfit, porn porn porn etc. Namefags are mocked and hated on every other board on this website and yet you retards worship the ground they walk on because they can emulate the lowest forms of drawn art, except they're willing to do it through degenerate pornography.
4chan is about anonymity and identity-free discussion, not persona-building and creating autistic cult followings. This board's infatuation with """""""content creators"""""""" is despicable, degenerate and pathetic. Fuck you and your least 4chan-board on 4chan I'm a 4chan purist and it's disgusting to me. Fags.
>>
>>90508587
People that brag/feel pride in being "4chan purists" are the lowest, most pathetic group of people on this site, and are no better than the faggots that that think they're better than everyone else because they put a trip on/bought reddit gold/got the most follows on tumblr for some stupid blogpost.
>>
File: 044.png (462KB, 449x537px) Image search: [Google]
044.png
462KB, 449x537px
>>90508786
>Being so new that the behavior you listed has been normalized to you
>Being so new that you're willfully ignorant of the roots of this website
I want newfag scum like you to get the fuck off my board and never return. I don't know how you arrived here but you do not belong here. Normalfag cancer like you deserves no less than death. Leave.
>>
>>90472769
Batman gets called a mary sue all the time
>>
>>90465563
I don't even know wtf kino is supposed to mean. Fuck /tv/.
>>
>>90508587
>I'm a 4chan purist and it's disgusting to me. Fags.
Well you've got the stop liking what I don't like autism part down solid.
>>
File: What hath man wrought.jpg (39KB, 977x1534px) Image search: [Google]
What hath man wrought.jpg
39KB, 977x1534px
>>90503337
>>
I don't care that it's a blatant TMNT ripoff
I don't care that it's full of 90s cheese
I don't even care that the animation is mediocre at best.
Street Sharks it still one of my most favorite cartoons.
>>
>>90497526
>Classic FOP / Classic Rocko > Classic Spongebob. Taking it further, any time I see someone use one of those grainy Spongebob reaction images I know I'm dealing with a nigger or a complete moron.
I'll give you classic rocko, but I will fucking fight you if you think classic FOP is even a contender for top nick shows.
>>
>>90500353
Why's that?
>>
Gravity falls was a horrible show.The only redeemable aspect of it was the characterization of Mable .She was great,unlike the other poorly developed characters such as dipper and Uncle Stan.
>>
>>90516423
I'm not even gonna post a bait pic for this one.
>>
>>90516423
This is obviously bait(a joke?) but I legitimately don't hate Mabel like people here seem to do. Which is unpopular I guess.
>>
>>90503017
That's just an excuse for poor plot writing.
Companies should hire some extra writers instead of skimping out on plot.
>>
>>90497526
How come /pol/tards let political allegiance get in the way of themselves having fun?
>>
File: 1487064819586.png (686KB, 607x625px) Image search: [Google]
1487064819586.png
686KB, 607x625px
>>90505166
>your cartoons
They're everybody's cartoons.
>>
>>90498730
It's kinda real, just overblown. It usually only manifests itself when /pol/, /tv/ or /r9k/ get out of hand.
>>
>>90505081
You and me both, my friend.

I think they have some redeeming qualities, but nowhere near to the point where one might think, "NO YOU JUST DON'T GET IT DCEU FILMS ARE MASTERPIECES OF CINEMA DON'T YOU GET IT CAPEKINO GUYS REALLY," and so on.
>>
>>90503337
>More franchises should pursue what Gundam does: In which instead of endless sequels, prequels, and rebirths, the core concepts are encapsulated while being set forth in an entirely new setting. All Gundam shows have essentially the same morals, but each try to do their own thing.
Japan in general tends to do this with their long-running franchises, as opposed to the Western way we do it, where it's all just one big, long, continuous story with some retcons here and there and full-blown reboots every now and then.

I think it's something worth pursuing. A DC universe that were developed with that sort of structure could be interesting, but it's never going to happen since the way we handle things has already been set in stone decades ago.
>>
I like Vision and I really do think it's one of the better Marvel books to come out in the last few years, but I'm still mad about what happened to Victor.
>>
File: 4020916-ozai.png (281KB, 719x510px) Image search: [Google]
4020916-ozai.png
281KB, 719x510px
Ozai's defeat is not satisfying. Some of this is due to the mess around energybending, but in reality it's just an emotionally stunted victory for Aang.

Ozai, as a whole, was a thoroughly underwhelming villain. Worse than Zhao, Long Feng, Azula, and even Book 1 Zuko.
>>
>>90519979
This isn't an unpopular opinion. Everyone agrees that this was trash.
>>
>>90513807
Dumb, predictable humor. terrible characters, obnoxious dialogue. Gee, I wonder.
>>
Case in point.
>WAHH MUH PLOT
You're fucking annoying.
>>
>>90521602
Fuck. Reply to >>90516717
>>
>>90519979
>Ozai, as a whole, was a thoroughly underwhelming villain.
I disagree, Ozai was all he needed to be. The personification of evil and corruption over time. I think if they had fleshed out his character any more, it would've distracted from Aang's journey.
Thread posts: 338
Thread images: 65

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.