[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT Deluxe sized collections

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: new_frontier.jpg (258KB, 648x864px) Image search: [Google]
new_frontier.jpg
258KB, 648x864px
So I'm wondering what large format collections are out there.

I'm talking Absolute sized. I'm aware of a few outside of DC, such as Hellboy Library Edition,. Fear Agent, the TMNT Ultimate Collections, Rocketeer, and... that's about it.

Are there any other collections of this nature?
>>
There is just simply "omnibus" too which is usually more about pagecount than anything else. "Oversized hardcover" is another one; I'm not sure about the specifics though or what it might actually mean quality-wise.
>>
>>90452961

Also fuck it. While we're at it, what would you like to see in this kind of format?

Prophet in a two volume set could be pretty awesome.

It's hard to decide. I think anything over about 30ish issues is too much for this format. Too many huge as fuck books. It's great for a small mini or series though.

Hellboy is an exception because fuck yeah Hellboy.
>>
>>90453061

I'm talking about collections that blow up the art to beyond the normal comic format. That's what makes Absolutes fun. They're bigger than a traditional collection. I've got more than a few omnis on my shelf. (And fuck me a few on order and desired.) I'm talking these almost art book styled versions.
>>
File: sizes stack.jpg (2MB, 3696x2448px) Image search: [Google]
sizes stack.jpg
2MB, 3696x2448px
top is normal tpb size
2nd is oversized hardcover/omnibus size
3rd is dc absolute size but the dc graphic ink books are larger
>>
>>90453461

I find the oversized hardcovers have the art the same size, but space things out for the extra size of the hardcover, and to prevent art being lost in the spine.
>>
>>90453516
Not always.
>>
File: fuck that's big.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
fuck that's big.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>>90452961
Are you into black and white original art? If so, the IDW Artist Editions are fantastic (though pricey). IDW licenses these from Marvel, DC, and other companies since they are not in the business of doing these types of books themselves. Mostly classic stuff from the Silver Age but they have been doing more recent and modern books as well, like Chris Samnee's Daredevil. Dimensions range from 12"x17" to 15"x22", depending on how big the original art was.

Here's a link to a full list of them. https://www.idwpublishing.com/product-category/art-books/art-books-artist-edition/
>>
File: JKThorIntb-L.jpg (669KB, 1250x945px) Image search: [Google]
JKThorIntb-L.jpg
669KB, 1250x945px
>>90453581
You get the art as it is, too. Scribble notes in the margins and all.
>>
>>90453581

I admit I didn't mention them because I missed the Hellboy in Hell one, and that keeps me up at night.

I need to get the Amazing Screw on Head one before it's too late.
>>
I have the little nemo in slumberland book by Taschen which is newspaper sized
they also have some other stuff that are huge
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.