[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We didn't protect that smile ;_;

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 4

File: xavier.jpg (51KB, 921x545px) Image search: [Google]
xavier.jpg
51KB, 921x545px
We didn't protect that smile ;_;
>>
>>90443225
Sunseeker
>>
>>90443242
I thought it was some foreshadowing, but turns out it's a company that makes boats.
>>
>>90443225
xavier is a faggot for not constantly keeping his powers in check and then being able to spaz out and kill all of em
>>
>>90443730
He probably didn't notice that he was getting psychic-Alzheimer's.
>>
>DoFP was supposed to create a better future
>the X-Men went from dying as heroes in the old timeline, to dying like idiots because of an old guy's mental illness
>all those speeches and fights in the movies set in the new timeline mean jack shit now

I didn't want to bother with Apocalypse and the Phoenix movie, but now I actually have another reason for it.
>>
>>90445437
That's basically X-Men in comics. No matter what they do their future is still shit somehow.
>>
>>90445437
Logan is an alternate future universe
>>
>>90447172
They just say that so as not to upset autists like this guy >>90445437
>>
>>90447172
It isn't though.
>>
>>90443550
It was the anti-mutant drugs the government was spiking the water with. Same reason Logan's HF went to shit.
>>
>>90443225
FUCK YOU LOGAN
>>
>>90443225
You should have kept moving Charles. I you had, that kindly farmer family might have lived.
>>
>>90447227
>this

but at least we got to see laura in a gimp carrying case
>>
>>90447203
They actually haven't said it. They confirmed it's set in the new timeline.
>>
>>90447213
He stated the adamantium was killing him, like in the comics. Water supply wasn't the cause.
>>
>>90447248
It was killing him because his healing factor went to shit, dummy. He lived with it for 50 years before that and was fine.
>>
>>90447274
You haven't actually disproved anything. His healing factor aint working well, so the adamantium is killing him.

It's that simple.
>>
>>90447274
>whynotbothlittlebrownlaura.jpg
>>
>>90447298
Yeah, but WHY isn't it working well? Because of the anti-mutant drugs they have been pumping into the water and food for years.
>>
>>90447203
So people who didn't like TFA for similar reasons are autists? Fuck your mother.
>>
>>90443225
You know I feel like you can't have a good end for Charles if you want to make it impactful. He's fighting a losing fight but he's fighting it because he thinks it's right. If he wins this invalidates that.
>>
>>90443225
>we will never know what happens if the guy keeps trembling and trembling
>>
>>90447324
Oh yeah, that too.
>>
>>90447325
I'm the guy who wrote >>90445437
And I don't think TFA is quite the same issue.

TFA sure says "Luke's life went to shit", but there's room for more adventure AFTER TFA. Centered around new people and trying to solve whatever drama was created.

Logan's effect is more like "every movie that comes out from now on, and that is set before me, is pointless because you know everyone dies stupidly and their dream goes to shit".

So while TFA is a set up for a hopeful future, Logan just ruins all hope for the characters in the movies to come.
>>
>>90447325
>So people who didn't like TFA for similar reasons are autists

Yes.
>>
File: 1488120330666.jpg (587KB, 800x1031px) Image search: [Google]
1488120330666.jpg
587KB, 800x1031px
>>90447324

This is one part of the movie I didn't get.

If they were pumping anti mutant drugs into the food/water/soda/whatever, how is the lack of mutants universal?

Like, did they spike the food/water/etc of every single country in the world??? What about some bumfuck impoverished town in subsaharan africa a week's journey from nearest civilization? What about those tribes in the Amazon that have been completely isolated from the outside world for thousands of years?

There's no way they could have drugged every person on the entire fucking planet
>>
I honestly thought Logan was going to put him down in Vegas, as kind of a callback to him killing Jean in X3.
>>
>>90447408
Yeah. i thought about that too and found it quite odd.

I guess it's a minor plothole.
>>
>>90447227
Yeah, felt like Logan was the only one that remembered they were on a run.
>>
>>90447408
It's just one of those things where you have to be willing to suspend your disbelief for the sake of the plot. Like zombie movies.
>>
>>90447408
HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP BIATCHHHHHH
GET FUCKED GET FUCKED GET FUCKED GO LEARN SOME GLOBAL MACROECONOMICS YOU IGNORANT ASS BITCH ASS NIGGER
>>
>>90447398
>Centered around new people and trying to solve whatever drama was created.

Who the fuck cares. The very definition of forced conflict just to extend a franchise.
>>
>>90447408
That's what the doctor and the black farmer said. It seemed a bit unlikely to me too, but that's how the movie played it.
>>
>>90447398
The problem isn't "Luke's life goes to shit". It's "the Original Trilogy was utterly pointless because though they defeated the Empire, the Empire 2.0 just popped right back up to take its place and nothing has changed."
>>
>>90447408
Why couldn't Beast or any of the smart units figure it out?

Honestly, that was completely uneccesary. They could have just had mutants fading out on their own and the audience would have accepted it. The director probably just really hates corn syrup.
>>
>>90447473
Oh yeah deifnitely.
>>
>>90447455
>HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP

Is mostly consumed in America. As an eastern European, I don't think I've ever eaten anything with that shit, but then again I avoid junk food in general.
>>
>>90447480
You seem to have missed the point of my post.
>>
>>90447498
>implying based hfcs has only one name
>>
>>90447492

Another thing, where the fuck did all the other mutants go?

Were they all hunted down by mr roboto hand? Really? Every single mutant on the entire fucking planet?
>>
>>90447492
>y. They could have just had mutants fading out on their own

But how would that make any sense, there were millions of them and they would reproduce with each other.

Honestly, they should have just said the government invent an airbourne virus and that's that.
>>
>>90447492
Dude corn syrup is in just about everything nowadays. Now imagine a decade or so into the dark future and it's going to be LITERALLY everywhere.
>>
>>90447519
Especially weird since the Reavers couldn't even defeat a bunch of mutant children
>>
>>90447518
Corn Syrup is restricted in Europe, so no.
>>
>>90447519
The spiked water and food fucked them up.
>>
>>90447524
Chemtrails would have been a better conspiracy theory to attach the antimutant poison onto.
>>
>>90447529
>into the dark future
See, that's an element I liked. I wouldn't call it dark at all. It's just...there. It's normal. There's no apocalypse. No shitty life. It's like the world just carried on perfectly fine, if soulless, and you have those three guys who remember what their life was, and they are ruins of the past while the world just carried on without them instead of being exploded to nuclear winter or something.
>>
>>90447524

There's no fucking way an airborne virus could be able to infect the entire world either. That's not how disease propagation works. You're underestimating how huge the world is and overestimating how effective a virus can be without a persistent vector
>>
>>90447505
That Star Wars introduced new young characters? Like the New Mutants in Logan?
>>
>>90447597
Come on, it will a government super-virus, maybe derived from some mutant's crazy powers or something. Use your imagination. It's definitely better than some corporation spiking the entire planet's water supply.
>>
>>90447613
Except TFA is setting up sequels.

Logan isn't meant to. At least as far as the director is concerned. I mean, the company could claim they have ideas for a Gen X movie or something, but that's not intended in Logan.
>>
So is Canada a super power in Logan? does genitech not have any branches in toronto or quebec?

where the fuck where the Mounties?
>>
>>90443225
The saddest death of the year so far.
The movie went to fucking shit after he died
>>
>>90447596
>wouldn't call it dark at all
I guess that's a different point of view type thing, but this world looks bleak to me. The down low genocide of an entire race, some super corporations pushing their twisted mutant food on the populace and destroying independent farmers through the use of automated drone trucks, that insane border wall, immoral genetic experimentations. This is damn dark. It's like a spiritual apocalypse rather than a physical one.
>>
>>90443242
FUCK YOU

;_;
>>
>>90447555
check

and enjoy it while it lasts
https://www.agra-net.com/agra/foodnews/beverages/soft-drinks/eu-hfcs-production-to-increase-threefold-when-sugar-quotas-end-in-2017-217590.htm
>>
>>90447690
In my own fucked up headcanon, the kids end up being captured by a canadian equivalent of Alkali. They were just led by a bunch of militaristic assholes who are just as bad as their american equivalents.

Really though. I found odd that the kids managed to get the contact of a group who is never revealed.
>>
File: tumblr_ok1d6uFBFj1qbwrnuo2_500.gif (2MB, 500x207px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ok1d6uFBFj1qbwrnuo2_500.gif
2MB, 500x207px
Why is he so perfect?
>>
>>90447735
pat really seemed to enjoy this role I'm glad he got out of this franchise on a high note
>>
>>90447708
>The down low genocide of an entire race, some super corporations pushing their twisted mutant food on the populace and destroying independent farmers through the use of automated drone trucks, that insane border wall, immoral genetic experimentations
All this stuff is happening right now.
The Logan era is just our world, just the same, but much later, and focusing on the people who most suffer from the system. I mean, they visit struggling farmers, but we don't talk about the families in Vegas who apparently go along just fine.
>>
>>90447540
They were such retards. Only Donald carried a harpoon weapon - THE ONLY THING that could stop Laura or Logan. The rest of them walked around with their stupid guns like a bunch of jackasses.
>>
I still wish Logan had survived to become like Charles for these kids. I feel like his story is ultimately pointless/stagnant now. He never transcends his station in life.
>>
>>90447781
yeah I wouldve like that to

but dude was on his way out anyway
>>
>>90447690
I found it ironic because the Canadians started the Weapon X shit and now they are taking in children created by it's successors. I'm not sure if that was intended.
>>
>>90447762
And that's what makes it so chilling. Because it's real. It's real and dark.
>>
>>90447829
Yeah i see what you mean. I think it's a question of point of view.

Admitedly, our world is dark, especially if you are among the people like Logan, who live the same life, except in 2017.

That being said, I'm sure we could make a very hopeful and cheerful movie set in the Logan universe. It just wouldn't feature any of the characters we've seen...
>>
>>90447408
wow, I missed that. I must have headcannoned in the Legacy virus or something cause I thought something like that just made mutants impossible.

Not like it mattered, NO MORE MUTANTS by Scarlett Witch across franchises was good enough for me. It was a solo film and a fucking amazing one. And Charles made me cry...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z7bZOJV3v8
>>
>>90447480
>The problem isn't "Luke's life goes to shit". It's "the Original Trilogy was utterly pointless"

EU Luke saw his share of shit after ROTJ but he still established a legacy that lasted for centuries, which endured after shit like Krayt's Empire happened.

Disney Luke literally had his life's work destroyed by a couple of shitters, he spent years doing fuck all (while Obi-Wan had the excuse of guarding him or something), and he will probably never reach anything close to what EU Luke did since he's probably dying in "The Last Jedi".

Why even care anymore?
>>
>>90447722
That's only because European sugar is locally made beet sugar, which is less efficiently produced than HFCS or cane sugar. If you Yanks and Euros got over yourselves and dropped your sugar tariffs then Aussie cane sugar would stomp both your asses.
>>
>>90447988
It boggles my mind that so many people who grew up with the OT were okay with their hero turning out like this.

As long as it's not Jar Jar and younglings, right?
>>
>>90443225
>audience kept laughing when Charles did something "wacky" or when Logan helped him on the toilet or made sure he took his meds
>I work with people with disabilities, and this was all too real for me
What the hell... People fucking blow, man.
>>
>>90448069
As far as Im' concerned, I don't mind him "failing". I do mind the fact that he just up and left, but until the behavior is explained, I'll reserve my judgment. For all i know it might make sense.

I don't mind characters failing or having an empty death at the end, as long as it concludes the story. My issue with the Logan thing is that it basically ruins the question you have when watching movies like this.

Usually when watchign this, you think "will the hero survive?" and very often you think "he will it's a blockbuster action movie. They always do". And once the character dies or fails you go "oh shit" and may or may not be sad.
But at least for all this time you had the whole question of "will they succeed". Logan just answered that question for every movie to come : "they wont".
>>
>>90448099
Actually the scene is supposed to be funny.
But not as a mockery. You laugh because it's sad, and because you know those guys, and what they've been through. And you witness their old couple dynamic, and you laugh because of the patheticness, and the special link between them, and with you.
>>
>>90447408
>There's no way they could have drugged every person on the entire fucking planet
It depends on what the drug is and now much is required to stop mutants activating. Fucking penguins in Antarctica have trace amounts of Polytetrafluoroethylene in their system.
>>
>dem COMICS ARE DUMB SHIT scenes
Lovely.
>>
>>90448162
>yfw in an upcoming movie Charles dies
Also, it's the journey that matters, not the destination.
>>
>>90448210
>Also, it's the journey that matters, not the destination.
I guess. but when you know what the end is, it definitely ruins some of it.

The only way I can see the next movies work, is if they manage to make the X-Men's dream echo inside us, even though we know it all goes to shit.

But we're talking about Fox so...
>>
>>90448069
>their hero
Chewbaka was my hero.
>>
>>90448258
the nex x mang movies will be varying degrees of deadpool and you know it
>>
>>90448301
Oh boy.

That being said, Deadpool is probably the only one that's gonna come out of that untouched. The stakes and the philosophy of him are not important in his stories. People go to it for humor and as long as it delivers that, i don't think anyone will care if he dies.
>>
>>90448258
I see them either throwing a curveball and nullifying this future, or just straight up rebooting. Hugh's the face of the franchise as it currently stands, as much as I love McAvoy and Fassenbassen. We'll see how movies completely devoid of Wolverine do.
>>
>>90448206
Logan's a cynical old bastard though.

And in the end, the comic gets proven correct.
>>
>>90448162
>My issue with the Logan thing is that it basically ruins the question you have when watching movies like this.

Then don't watch more X-Men films, take this as closure. Or just assume that it's a possible future, not the only definite one.
>>
>>90448370
Well the funny thing is I didn't even intend to watch the other movies. I watched Logan because it looked great as a movie.

I'm just puzzled by that decision they took I guess. Not even mad or anything like that.
>>
>>90447703
you say that and patstew dies on december
>>
>>90448099

This. I mean some of it was genuinely supposed to be funny, but most of it, no. Like even the bit with the Taco Bell ad left me sad.
>>
>>90448584

Having lost someone to a brain disease, I could totally relate. Yeah, it's both ridiculous and sad, but that's how it is. Especially when it's revealed what Logan hide from him.
The person will sometimes have his lucidity back and gives you nuggets of pure wisom, and next hour ask you where his wife is and you can't explain she's dead because it'll hurt like when he heard it the first time so you have to lie like a motherfucker.
>>
Do you think they'll retcon this movie later on? I think they will.
>>
>>90449175
I wouldn't be surprised if they did. Wouldn't be the first time anyway.
>>
>>90448099
Both my grandmas have Alzheimer's and that shit was heavy.
>>
>>90448099
>>90448584
>>90449529
Are you triggered, or just stating something?
>>
>>90449597
I'm not, I mean it as more of compliment to the script and performance of the actors.
>>
>>90449669
Ah, OK.
>>
>>90447781
Remember that cowboy speech in the movie? You can't escape your fate. You can only face it like a man.
>>
>>90449597
uh...a lot of people have had grandparents/parents deteriorate of alzheimer or dementia. My own grandma had dementia and it was torture. She would be in agony knowing that she forgot me, cause she knew she should know me but didn't.

Stewart did an A+ job on this. At first I was worried about his 'comedy' at the beginning about not wanting to take the drugs, but the way it played out was very realistic.
>>
>>90449529
Yeah, my grandmother had similar memory problems before she died.
>Charles yelling about how Logan is locking him away and waiting for him to die
God, that hurt. My grandma said something similar a few times near the end, and it always felt awful to hear.
>>
>>90449175
I would guess yes.
>>
>>90449175
Jacked Man already said it's an alternate timeline.
>>
>>90449175
no Hija Laura is a miracle and I will protecto her
>>
Camrip when? I need to save the hotel seizure scene.
>>
>>90451012
Source.

Also the director said the opposite, and he's better suited to know.
>>
>>90451154
http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/01/21/hugh-jackman-logan-wolverine-alternate-universe-x-men/
http://screenrant.com/logan-movie-director-x-men-movies-universe-connections/
When you see the full movie you’ll understand. >Not only is it different in terms of timeline and tone, it’s a slightly different universe. It’s actually a different paradigm and that will become clear.
The director didn't really deny it outright, more like dodged an answer. Even if you think about it, Logan directly references events from the original timeline, so it's more like it's set in a meta-timeline of sorts, and is more about the character's entire history, rather than any specific timeline shenanigans.
>>
>>90451012
What? I thought it was 6 years after DoFP ending?
>>
>>90447781
He learns how to be a hero and appreciate family again, plus Logan always wanted to die.
>>
>>90451325
It is. While still retaining some elements of the retconned movies like Wolvie having fought in a cage, or the statue of liberty fight.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men/the_wolverine/logan-director-james-mangold-confirms-movies-timeline-talks-a146176
>>
>>90451279
I don't get why X-fans can't comprehend this. X-men have had more alternate future timelines than any other comic book franchise.
>>
>>90451407
Oh fuck, you're right. I just remember Xavier referenced the Liberty Island fight.
>>
File: 1399985350967.png (9KB, 684x597px) Image search: [Google]
1399985350967.png
9KB, 684x597px
Huge johnny cash usage/references

>they smash logan's shit down in Juarez, Mexico
>tfw just now i realized that they could've used cocaine blues too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq344ks1ieg
>>
>>90452002
Well, duh. Mangold directed Walk the Line.
>>
>>90447324

Wasn't this a similar plot as Young Justice where an alien invasion involve selling people soda with some kind of taming drug?
>>
>>90447408
I figured the movie was just going to go with the Legacy virus or something. That would've been easier to explain.
>>
>>90452140
Corporations/government putting pop control additives into the water supply is a conspiracy theory as old as dirt. There are countless shows that have used it as a plot point.
>>
>>90443225
>had to check out Patrick Stewart info to see if OP was about character or actor
Thread posts: 114
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.