[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is American Alien the Greatest Superman Story of the 2010's?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: Superman_American_Alien_Vol_1_1.jpg (437KB, 900x1384px) Image search: [Google]
Superman_American_Alien_Vol_1_1.jpg
437KB, 900x1384px
>>
Sure, I guess.
Superbro didn't have any stories that stuck with me more than AA did.
However Son of Superman is gonna hold up incredibly well.
>>
>>90441593
>However Son of Superman is gonna hold up incredibly well.
Yea probably. It's been amazing seeing how quickly Jon has been adopted by the comic community as an interesting and worthwhile character. Who would have thought?
>>
>>90441503
Fuck no Morrison's Run is much better especially the final arc and Issue 9
>>
Rebirth Superman #6 is the best Supes book of the decade.
>>
>>90441503
I'm not a superfag so take this with a grain of salt but I can't think of a better superbro arc.
It told the story it was trying to tell. It was a solid story and showed the difference between pre-52 superman and post.
>>
>>90441839
>showed the difference between pre-52 superman and post.
Dude AA took place in it's own separate universe.
>>
>>90441895
I meant thematically.
There was a concentrated push to make superman 'different' post 52 and AA did that.
>>
>>90441657
Helps that he's got Superdad to play off. Supes at his best has always had that nurturing side, so it's great to have an excuse to see it all the time.
>>
I didn't dislike AA. But the only thing i can remember from it is the chapter when Clark is mistaken for Bruce on that party boat.
>>
>>90442346
Issues #3 (Party boat) and #4 (Meet Dick Grayson) were the highlights of AA.

Lots of good material in the rest of it though
>>
>>90441926
>>90441839
no, it really wasnt, it was All Star Superman level of fan fiction--waxing nostalgic for a Reeves Superman that never actually existed in the comics.
>>
>>90441503
I like AA except for last issue
>>
>>90441503
it really, really isn't.

Pak's Batman/Superman run is a much better Superman story, most of Super Bro is better, I'd say even Jurgen's current Action Comics run is better. AA just appeals to people who want a super clean and moral Superman, with the super supportive flawless kent parents, and never were fans of his old comics.or read any Superman outside of maybe All Star Superman
>>
>>90441503
I didn't like it making the Kents into hippies.

One of Superman's defining things is his blue collar, conservative heritage.
>>
>>90442528
Hippies? In what way?
>>
>>90442560
You see old photos of them in full peace and love gear.
>>
>>90442584
Well it's not like that really changed their values in any significant way.
>>
Adventures of Superman (2013-2014)
>>
File: AoS45.png (393KB, 630x398px)
AoS45.png
393KB, 630x398px
>>
>>90441657
He's a non-edgy Superboy and also has great chemistry with Damien. (Damien always plays off very well on goody-two-shoes, no wonder people only strarted to warm up for him when he was paired up with Dickbats)
>>
>>90442528
>>90442584
>>90442602

Child of hippies here. Can confirm. All hippies turn into blue collar conservatives once they get passed a certain age. Which seems kind of hypocritical, because it is.
>>
>>90441503
American Alien was awesome, it triggering /co/ hardcore is just a bonus
>>
>>90442528
>conservative heritage

Uhh??? I think he would do a lot less helping others if he were raised conservative. His first few appearances were basically him just beating the piss out of people like Trump and other conservative objects of worship.
>>
>>90442765
>>90442916
This
>>
>>90441593
>I never read Morrison's Action Comics

get the fuck on that, anon
Volumes 1 through 3 of Nu52 Action Comics, your library might have them
>>
New Super-Man
>>
>>90442396
#3 #4 and #5 IMO. The rest is nothing special.
>>
>>90442483
All Star Superman was basically silver age Superman and did exist in the comics, you pleb. Reeves had nothing to do with silver age.
>>
>>90441503
No, it's fucking shit. Now please go back to r/MaxLandis
>>
>>90441657
It reminds me of an interview with a comic writer or editor, I forget who, about Superman Returns and how the idea of Superman having a kid in a movie is great?lbbut wouldn't work in comics because the kid would have to stick around and have to be a part of major superman stories going forward.
>>
>>90442528
>blue collar
Yes.
>Conservative.
No.

The ideals that probably made the Kents farmers and later moulded Superman probably align closer to hippie leftism than conservativism: altruism without expectation of reward, a sense of community that comes from living in communes and the responsibility to a function within that society. An honest days work with a load lightened through helping each other.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.