[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you "Worldbuild" marvel?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: reatrded dinosaur.png (2MB, 929x886px) Image search: [Google]
reatrded dinosaur.png
2MB, 929x886px
right now, Marvel has an earth where every Myth is true, mad scientists make groundbreaking discoveries every day, Aleien have invaded 300 time sin the past decade, a continent where dinosaurs still roam the earth, and a world filled with skeptical humans who don't beleive in any of these well-documented and easily observable phenomena, let alone try to benefit from them.

How would you make Marvel a world?
>>
Thing doesn't make sense, Space Phantoms. Always Space Phantoms.
>>
I think Earth X did a pretty good job of unifying Marvel lore
>Earth contains a Celestial egg
>To protect itself, the egg creates superhuman beings
>These superbeings eventually "mature" into gods which then cease to exist when nobody believes in them
>>
>>90430719
that solves literally zero of the continuity gaffes mentioned above.
>>
>>90430565
>>90431308
It's not really an issue of world-building. World-building suggests a conscious effort to create a universe that makes sense. Big Two comics don't do that. Every writer adds his own touch of the incredible to his little corner of the universe, and over decades of real time that adds up into a lot of stuff that doesn't all mesh very well. By all rights Marvel should have long ago evolved into a distinctly Science Fiction world, but a desire to keep the setting contemporary, relatable, and accessible holds it back. There's not really any way to get around it without hitting the reset button and abandoning everything they've built so far. They've tried that several times, and it never works out.

Even if it didn't specifically address all of the points in the OP, Earth X did do a good job of unifying many disparate elements of Marvel continuity while envisioning a future in which all the crazy shit in Marvel has actually taken its toll on the world.
>>
>>90431308
That's just shit writing not a lack of worldbuilding.
>>
>>90430565
>>
>>90430565
>How would you make Marvel a world?
wat
>>
>>90430719
>>90431308
And the sequels took it to eleven, and even solved some of those points, like the "every myth is true".
>>
>>90430565
very carefully
>>
>>90430565
-One linear timeline so Cable's entire purpose isn't entirely fucking retarded, however I'm cool with alternate universes though as long as they have no lasting effects on the main universe's canon
-no space shit interacting with earth shit. none. fuck it all.
-Mutants are just people who were born different, none of that Earth X shit about them being part alien because that just shits all over the entire point of X Men
-no inhumans
>>
>>90442510
do power levels change? Because a lot of mutant powers are very difficult to explain with evolution
>>
>>90444550
How?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.