[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jim Lee at C2Ccon 2017

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: Screenshot-1011-600x338.png (287KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-1011-600x338.png
287KB, 600x338px
The word from retailer sources, distribution sources and, well Marvel Comics SVP Sales David Gabriel, was that DC Comics Rebirth returns were higher than expected, much higher than DC New 52, and as a result comic book stores suffered greater cashflow issues as a result – with Gabriel pointing towards that issue as causing problems for retailers in the last quarter of 2017.

Not according to DC Comics co-publisher Jim Lee. Who, at the Coast-To-Coast Comic-Con, stated that returns were less than expected across the line. That some orders went up, others stabilised quickly, and pointed to really strong sales, especially how the twice-monthly shipping maintained interest.

He also threw some shade back at Marvel, claiming that as opposed to their competition, they had much better female superhero characters and also much better super villains than the opposition have…

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03/04/jim-lee-says-returns-dc-rebirth-less-expected-c2ccon2017/
>>
File: Screenshot-1012-600x338.png (288KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-1012-600x338.png
288KB, 600x338px
At Coast-To-Coast Comic-Con, Jim Lee talked about The Wild Storm. In a New 52 style reboot, he dropped words like blackmail, skelteons in closets and making offers that Warren Ellis couldn’t refuse.

And how The Wild Storm sees one character, The Engineer and her exposure as a supercharacter unlocks a chain of events of powers creating superhuman technology, which turns into a challenger quest. That’s what Warren saw as the underpinnings of the Wildstorm universe, with new versions of all the familiar names and characters.

Questions are coming in – The future of Ragman? “Every character has some level of development on it.” I’m going to take that as a no.

And the Young Animal line will be continuing, Jim Lee stated that Gerard Way is committing to the line beyond the original agreement and DC will be committing extra promotional drive to the books.

And talking The Button crossover with Batman and The Flash holding the button from “some other series”. We note, he won’t say the word “Watchmen”. But the lenticular image got thousands of comments on social media…

He called it “the start of a much bigger story that Geoff has in mind”. No confirmation on “smiley face buttons” being created for promotional reasons, but he did state there are certain promotional items in the works. Obviously won’t be available outside North America for copyright reasons of course…

And Jim Lee was more than happy to keep out over Mark Russell and Steve Pugh’s work on The Flintstones right now.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03/04/jim-lee-states-gerard-jones-will-stay-young-animal-longer-wont-say-word-watchmen-c2ccon2017/
>>
Why do people give a fuck about Jim "I can draw only one facial expression" Lee, again?
>>
>>90427430
>>90427454
Why are you spoiling the source link like a faggot?
>>
>>90427513
Cause he runs DC with Didio and Johns
>>
>>90427596

I don't get why theu hired him for his creative talents. He made a few faded and failed books at Wildstorm, other than that, nothing. Sure he can draw, but he doesn't understand shit about character. I'm convinced his retarded ideas went a long way to fucking up the n52.
>>
>>90427454
Let's hope the YA books can last for at least three trades on low sales then
>>
>>90427430
I wonder if Stan shared the secrets of immortality with his son.
>>
>>90428079
That Jim Lee managed to run a company and have NINE KIDS without dying, probably.
>>
File: IMG_8440.jpg (997KB, 1844x2376px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8440.jpg
997KB, 1844x2376px
>>90427430
>it's DC's fault that Marvel's sales are shit because they don't screw over comic book stores and offer returns
It's shit like this that makes me ashamed of even liking Spider-Man or Deadpool.

How does Marvel manage to remain so egotistical?? How can they blame everyone but themselves for their shitty condition?? Mosaic bombing is DC's fault now?

Just goddamn, is it too much for someone at Marvel comics to be humble and admit they made some mistakes?

Why do they have to act like they are better and everyone is inferior dirt to them?
>>
>>90427793
Objectively, his Hush boosted Batman sales a lot. That doesn't make it a good comic, but DC looks at what was a success and we ended up with what we got.

For Tomorrow also sold well and that wasn't good either.
>>
>>90428283

You miss my point. I don't question his artistic skills or ability to sell a book on those grounds, I question why he was put in a creative position at DC as a whole.
>>
Wouldn't we be able to tell who is right from the Diamond full year report anyway since it adjusts for the returns?
>>
File: make inhumans great again.jpg (39KB, 928x523px) Image search: [Google]
make inhumans great again.jpg
39KB, 928x523px
>>90428207
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.