[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Make Mine Marvel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: makeminemarvel.gif (42KB, 352x351px) Image search: [Google]
makeminemarvel.gif
42KB, 352x351px
How do you feel about the rumored Marvel Rebirth initiative, anons?
>>
>>90420254
Current state of characters clockwise from top:

>still suffering from OMD
>dead
>unworthy
>dead
>forced to hang out with Inhumans
>gay
>forced to hang out with GOTG
>okay
>forced to hang out on the moon
>okay
>comatose
>hydra
>>
>>90420355
>Namor dead
>Thing forced to hang out with GOTG
You from 2016 anon? Or /co/ doesn't read comics?
>>
>>90420437
>Or /co/ doesn't read comics?
you really gotta ask this?
>>
Love it. Best news to come out of Marvel since... well, a long time.
>>
>>90420437
>actually keeping up with post-MCU GOTG
>actually keeping up with Squadron Supreme
>>
>>90420254
I refuse to believe anything until I see actual results.
>>
>>90420254
Will they bring in a new set of writers?

If not, things wont improve, only be shit in a different way.
>>
>>90420254
It does't matter how you aim an asshole, it still only makes shit.
>>
>>90420437
>>90420523
I pull a good deal of Marvel books and I don't know what's up with Namor. I gather the Thing is with SHIELD now from his Infamous Iron Man appearance.
>>
>>90420523
Squadron Supreme was good though
>>
>>90420254
Unless Marvel replaces several writers and tightens their editorial process, nothing is going to improve.
>>
>>90420654
This.

People like Spencer, Bendis, et al are the problem and too set in their ways. Talk of 'change' is a bandaid on a brain tumor with the current power structure in the company.
>>
>>90420523
>>90420648
It was alright, with a nice start not very good or even really weak ending.
>>
>>90420254
That it was inevitable and probably part of their plan for years.
>>
>>90420254

I don't feel anything, OP. Because they can bring all the established heroes back to the forefront and focus on traditional super heroics again but that wont stop them charging $5.99 for a new batch of #1's
>>
>>90420614
>I don't know what's up with Namor
First arc of Squadron Supreme had Hyperion kill Namor and destroy Atlantis. Then the next few arcs of Squadron Supreme had Hyperion regret killing Namor and destroying Atlantis. The final arc of Squadron Supreme had Hyperion bring Namor back to life via time-travel shenanigans then he helped Namor rebuild Atlantis to make amends.
>>
>>90420756
>implying there's anything wrong with Spencer outside of his twitter feed
Don't fall for the memes your whole life.
>>
>>90420254
Marvel's "Rebirth" is simply more lies on top of lies.

For proof, look no further than America #1. Everything wrong with current Marvel isn't going anywhere. Making Peter poor again and booting Whor off the mantle isn't going to fix the inherent problems.
>>
>>90421235
And this was good? This? Good?
>>
>>90420594
I'm in love with this post.
>>
>>90421323
It was alright. Wasted potential more than anything else. The whole thing just turned into a Jim Hammond ongoing like halfway through because Robinson is incapable of letting his Golden Age boner go.
>>
>>90420437
You do realize some people wait till runs end before they pic up books, right?
>>
>>90421297
America #1 was part of NOW 2.0. MMM doesn't start until this fall.
>>
>>90421430
Do these same people avoid the story times posted here?
>>
>>90421430
Squadron Supreme ended, which is where Namor's death and rebirth happened.
>>
>>90421449
America isn't going to get cancelled. It'll get just as many issues as Mockingbird, if not more. In fact, I bet you cash money it'll simply renumber itself when the relaunch hits. This is common Marvel practice now.

>>90421489
Trade waiters consider storytimes to be spoilers. That's how I feel, anyhow.
>>
>>90421600
>It'll get just as many issues as Mockingbird
Meaning it'll be cancelled by the time that MMM happens? Mockingbird only got 8 issues. MMM doesn't start until this fall, by which point America will be closing in on a second trade worth of issues and I highly doubt it'll sell well enough to survive past that point.
>>
>>90421600
Nice get.

But I honestly don't see how someone can pick up a whole collected volume without having read a few issues first. The only time I ever bought a tradeback without reading it first I hated the comic and wanted my ten dollars back.
>>
>>90421489
Well, duh. That's like Watching clips of a movie before you see the actual movie.
>>
>>90421735
You mean a trailer?
>>
>>90420589
This. It's not that the legacies are all bad and I even genuinely like some of them. Marvel's problem is that they have garbage "talent" and garbage editorial, which only lead to garbage books.

Bringing back old, beloved characters as a reactionary desperation move isn't going to make things any better. As long as the same shitty creative teams are allowed to keep on shitting everywhere, the books will still be shit.
>>
>>90421830
Was thinking more along the lines of this channel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swhep7_jkeY
>>
Spidey (OMD taint)
Thor (Unworthy)
Cap (Hydra, replaced)
Iron Man (Comatose, replaced)
Namor (Death, underwhelming return)
Wanda (HoM taint, ignored)
Hulk (Dead)
Cyclops (Tainted and dead)
Storm (tainted by being Panther's bitch)

Marvel have fucked so many of their characters so hard they cannot do a "rebirth" even if they want to.
>>
>>90424726
>OMD is undone/Miles either moves on to another name or dies.

>Thor becomes worthy/Jane dies of cancer

>Cosmic Cube girl fixes cap/Falcon goes back.

>Iron Man wakes up/Iron Heart fucks off to go somewhere or dies.

>Big arc revolving around Namor

Wanda was never good, let's not pretend.

>Hulk gets resurrected.

>Cyclops comes back and is revealed to be right.

>Storm hops on Wolvie's dick.

A Rebirth seems fairly simple to me.
>>
I dont think America will get more than six issues and thats being optimistic, also, i want to see if all the casualities in Secret Empire will be true, thats the only interewt in the book.
>>
File: Bree OUT.jpg (324KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
Bree OUT.jpg
324KB, 1600x1067px
>>90420254
Brevoort or Alonso or both but one of those fuckers needs to be terminated before I come back.
>>
I'm pretty sure it's not going to bring back any of the characters I want to read about while keeping and bringing back shit that I don't give a shit about.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.