[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /co/ think about the original Gambit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (58KB, 1258x786px)
image.jpg
58KB, 1258x786px
>Remy LeBeau may well have been one of Marvel's most popular mutants for the past 15 or so years but writer Chris Claremont had a different fate in mind when he conceieved the Cajun master of bio-kinetic energy.

>If Claremont - the man, who, more than any other, is responsible for the X-Men's long-lasting popularity - had had his way, Gambit, as LeBeau is better known, might never have been a hero, let alone a highly-regarded member of the mutant team.

>"Originally the idea was I wanted to set up an extended new villain for the X-Men, I was tired of just going back to Magneto and the Brotherhood (of Evil Mutants) and the same old same old. Dave (Cockrum) and I were over ideas and what we were coming towards was a mysterious young boy - apparently an 11-year-old - at the orphanage where Scott (Summers aka Cyclops) was raised, who turned out to be the secret master of the place. In effect what we were setting up was a guy who was aging (proportionately) over a lifespan of roughly a thousand years. Even though he looked like an 11-year-old, he'd actually been alive since the mid-century at this point - he was actually about 50," stated Claremont.
>>
>>90415972
>Drawing pararells with Claudia from Anne Rice's Vampier Chronicles (the role played by Spider-Man's Kirsten Dunst in 1994's Interview with a Vampire) the man they call the X-meister continued, "He had all the grown up urges. He's growing up in his mind but his body isn't capable of handling it, which makes him quite cranky. And, of course, looking like an 11-year-old, who'd take him seriously in the criminal community?"

>"So he built himself an agent in a sense, which was Mr. Sinister (inrtoduced by Claremont in Uncanny X-Men #221 in a story drawn by Marc Silvestri and Dan Green)," added the writer. "That was, in effect, the rationale behind Sinister's rather - for want of a better word - childish or kid-like appearance. The costume... the look... the face... it's what would scare a child. Even when he was designed, he wasn't what you'd expect in a guy like that."

>"The problem was that, as he's monitoring the X-Men, he sees and falls for Rogue and wants to win her," added Claremont, a writer lauded and criticised in equal measure for his intricate subplots and long-term plotting. "But he can't approach him as himself; he's too young and won't be old enough forever - as far as Rogue's concerned. He can't approach her as Sinister obviously."
>>
>>90415972
I hate his headpiece
>>
>>90415997
>The nameless villain's solution, explained Claremont - who stressed that this was his original concept for the Cajun mutant - was to grow an older version of himself... namely Gambit. As originally concieved, Gambit was a bad guy. "He was supposed to come in, meet Rogue, Rogue was supposed to fall in love with him, the act of falling in love develops a humanity in him that seperates him out from Sinister or rather Sinister's human half. So in a sense, we have a love triangle between a now 60-year old mind in an 11-year-old body, the young Gambit, and Rogue. One's good, one's bad. Originally he was a bad guy pretending to be good but then he would discover that maybe he liked being good more and he was torn one way or the other. Ultimately there would be a conflict between Gambit and his creator, his true self." That was pretty much Claremont's intent, but as John Lennon once sang, "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
>>
>>90416009
Alex Summers wore it better
>>
>>90415972
>>90415997
>>90416024

I think the idea of a kid-looking evil Mutant using a Mr. Sinister construct as a mouthpiece and avatar would have been cool.

I do not understand why Gambit would have needed to be involved.

All of that's a bit of a mess.
>>
It was also hinted/rumored that he was the third Summers brother lr something like that
>>
>>90415972
>In effect what we were setting up was a guy who was aging (proportionately) over a lifespan of roughly a thousand years. Even though he looked like an 11-year-old, he'd actually been alive since the mid-century at this point - he was actually about 50," stated Claremont.
That math is off, at that rate he'd live 500 years and change not, 1000.

Other than that the idea seems dumb. Was Claremont the fetish guy, because this idea seems /ss/ as fuck.
>>
I think you're still choosing to take no action when you have all available and necessary data, my stalker.
>>
>>90416100
>I do not understand why Gambit would have needed to be involved

He just explained why. Gambit was involved because that was the whole rationale behind the character in the first place.
>>
What happened to the children from the orphanage?

I remember Jean and Scott fighting Nanny there during Inferno and nothing else
>>
>>90416384
I mean he's got a whole different gimmick and set of superpowers. Just seems random is all.
>>
>>90416474
He didn't before though. What was posted here is what Gambit was before becoming what you know.
>>
>>90415972
>>90415997
>>90416024
1000-year-old shota brat, long before it was a thing in animu. I love it.
>>
File: X-MEN190_06b.jpg (381KB, 931x593px) Image search: [Google]
X-MEN190_06b.jpg
381KB, 931x593px
>>90416157
>Was Claremont the fetish guy
That's like asking "was Jack Kirby the Kirby Krackle guy?"
>>
File: aQCaOtT.jpg (159KB, 600x365px) Image search: [Google]
aQCaOtT.jpg
159KB, 600x365px
>>90416611
Wait wait, I've got an even better example!
>>
>>90416611
I'm just bad at keeping track of writers.
>>
>>90416634
Wh-
What??
>>
>>90416544
>not a loli brat

Claremont was this close.
>>
It was like a shota fucks/wants to fuck her older sister hentai X-Men version
>>
>>90415997
>the man they call the X-meister
>they call the X-meister
>the X-meister
>X-meister
>>
>>90416100
>I do not understand why Gambit would have needed to be involved.

Sinister and Gambit would have both been avatars of this child being to accomplish different ends. Sinister was his agent to operate in the adult world and conduct his criminal/evil schemes

Gambit was created to help satisfy the adult sexual urges his child body couldn't. The child being sees Rogue, lusts for her, but can't approach her as a child or as Sinister. So he creates a handsome adult male avatar to do it.
>>
>>90416024
Well, that's full Claremont there, clone yourself to fuck the woman you lust. Damn, this guy was Rule 34 before the interenet
>>
>>90416983
Take a sightseeing trip of a landmark of your choosing and then quietly walk off the edge of the highest point you find.
>>
>>90417381
What would pre-Gambit's powers have been?
Or were these never elaborated upon before he became a kinetic boy?
>>
>>90415997
>"That was, in effect, the rationale behind Sinister's rather - for want of a better word - childish or kid-like appearance. The costume... the look... the face... it's what would scare a child. Even when he was designed, he wasn't what you'd expect in a guy like that."

I like the idea that Sinister was just an avatar of a being stuck in a child's body, but Claremont is confusing himself here.

The whole point is that this being isn't a child, he just looks like one. Mentally he's mature. So when he creates Sinister he's doing it as an adult.
>>
>>90417533
I want to know that too

Maybe the Gambit that we saw between his introduction and mutant genesis was meant to be this kid´s avatar?

I always found it weird how Sinister (during Lobdell/Nicieza era) said "your brothers" to Scott
>>
>>90417661
He's calling his coworkers children mentally.
>>
>>90417661
I think the implication is that, just like the rest of his body, his brain is also that of an 11 year old. So, regardless of his time and experience, he's limited by it's in-development state.
>>
>>90418926
but he talks about how he has the urges of an adult inside of an eleven years old boy
>>
>>90419000
Then it trully makes no sense.
>>
>>90416157
He'd be aging over the lifespan of 1000 years. Dude was was 50 when he met Scott but he'd live to be 1000. That's why he said mid-century, not mid-milineium
>>
>>90417274

>I'm Mr. X-Meister!
>I'm Mr Fun!
>I'm Mister kinetically charged playing cards
>'Til issue one hundred and one!
>They Call me X-Meister
>Whatever I touch
>Becomes a bomb in my clutch
>I'm too much!
>>
>>90415972

>CREDIT CARD!
>>
>>90419000

You didn't have the urges of an adult as an 11 year old boy? Because I was humping my couch every afternoon after school before mom and dad got home.
>>
>>90419000
I mean I just don't get what he means by that either. "Adult urges" mean sexual thoughts. But real life 11 year olds definitely have sexual thoughts anyway. So really that whole hypothetical storyline could have been avoided if kid sinister just kept enrolling himself in middle schools while seducing middle school aged sluts.
>>
>>90419698
How many middle-school-aged sluts look like Rogue?
Maybe Kid Sinister wasn't a lolicon.
>>
>>90419189
That makes even less sense than what Claremont said.
>>
Where does the Summers fetish come into play?
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.