[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CODE LYOKO WAS COOL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 13

File: images.jpg (10KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 259x194px
I remember this show fondly. Recently I heard there might be a reboot? I haven't heard anything since though and thought "Hey, anon and fellow cucks know this shit down to the wire, I could ask anon!"

Also, if the show isn't coming back around ( ): ), what was your fave part of the show? Or the least favorite? I always felt the beginning of a season was really cool then by ep 6 7 8 they stopped giving a fuck and flashed some pink hair gurl. But I LOVED the premise of the whole thing.
>>
It was rebooted, just live action instead
>>
>live action

That sounds awful :U
>>
>>90410451
>>90410473
I'm loving so hard. I know what you're doing. You ain't slick.
>>
>>90410451
One of my favorite shows as I fell in love with the premise. I really hated that Jeremie never got to materialize into Lyoko even after Aelita was materialized into the real world. I honestly thought that they would switch off to give her a break. Oh and a big fuck you to Sissi and her two cucks. There were so many times I didn't want them to "return to the past" and just let whatever fate fell upon Sissi.
>>
>>90410451
I loved it.
The best part would probably be the romance between Belpois and the cybergirl.
I'm a sucker for these cheesy romances.
>>
>>90410451
5 h e a d s
h
e
a
d
s
>>
XANA did nothing wrong
>>
File: haters_gonna_hate.jpg (73KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
haters_gonna_hate.jpg
73KB, 720x576px
You type like a massive newfag OP but Code Lyoko was indeed great. Until the live action season.

Since Oban Star Racers (which Lyoko creator Thomas Romain also worked on) is apparently trying to get a continuation off the ground >>90399188 maybe now's the time to revisit often sadly overlooked French cartoons of the 2000s.
>>
>>90410451
I really hated the art style
>>
The true tragedy of Code Lyoko is that it never got a good video game. I'm thinking something sorta like Monster Hunter, you can openly explore Kadic and do casual stuff and then go to Lyoko whenever there's an attack, and you can get together and make a multiplayer party.
>>
>>90412875
I remember enjoying the one on the psp, but I don't remember much about it
>>
File: i like it.png (576KB, 956x536px) Image search: [Google]
i like it.png
576KB, 956x536px
>Code Lyoko

I liked it.
>>
>>90412283
More like Xanax lmao
>>
>>90412875
Yeah a tragedy, I played the first DS game and PSP game and was disappointed. The franchise was a perfect setup for a proper video game.
>>
>>90410473
cool your autism
>>
I've said it before, but if I could remake one show from cartoon network, or just, pick any show to be remade to it's highest potential, fix all that was wrong with it, explore everything it didn't explore enough, etc. it would be Code Lyoko.

It's a show that had a crazy amount of wasted potential. Which is to neither say that the show had the MOST potential of any CN show, I'm not really sure what would, maybe Courage or Samurai Jack, or that it wasn't a good show, I thought it was pretty decent and on the whole above average. But not ever aspect of the show was above average, and the places that aren't drag down the places that are.

The premise is really really good. Allows for a lot of creative episodes and plots, a lot of mystery, a dynamic, overarching story while still having enough 'monster of the week' potential to be somewhat episodic. A great world, great characters, great dynamics, etc. And the show does do a good job with this, but no where near as good of a job as it could have. There's a really strong, powerful sense of mystery. The conspiracy theory stuff, the hints at both a huge political thriller and at times even supernatural plot going on is really tangible and well handled. Almost too well. The problem is, the show both gives us too much information, and what it gives us ends up being underwhelming. For all the sense of mystery, we know a lot of the major details pretty early on, and don't get too much more as it goes along. There's never any payoff for the sense of suspense and mystery. We learn a lot of details without much trouble and without much to-do over them, and it all falls a bit flat. Great build up, no pay off.

Season 1 is easily the weakest, the show does get better as it goes a long in many ways, including how it handled the lore and mystery and the world. By Season 4, and even 3 to some extent, I think they had sort of run out of mystery material, but they do a good job with keeping the atmosphere around.
>>
>>90412969
(cont)
Animation and action sequences also improved dramatically overtime. They were pretty weak in Season 1, but by Season 4 were really well done. A big part of this, is one of the things the show did best, maintaining a feeling of high stakes.

For fights in Lyoko, characters can 'die' and get sent back to the real world, not everyone's going to make it through the mission. Characters can lose fights, you really don't know who's going to win. Sure, we know that they're going to stop Xana's attack in the end, but we know it's going to be a real struggle, and monsters are a real actual threat.

In lots of shows, individual mooks and enemies don't have any feeling of danger, because the heroes always defeat them. This makes fights feel trivial, without challenge, and by extension it feels easy and trivial to defeat the bad guy. In Lyoko, even low-tier enemies can get in a lucky shot, and some enemies consistently put up a really good fight. Enemies always feel like an actual threat, and defeating them feels like an accomplishment. So because of this, deactivating the tower and saving the day feels like an actual accomplishment, even though we know the heroes would win in the end, because they had to overcome a genuine challenge to do so.

The other aspect of stakes is in the real world. Return to the Past is something that could easily destroy any sense of danger and stakes, but they use it well, and end up doing quite the opposite. Characters can still suffer, and be put in real peril (they even establish that if you die return to the past can't bring you back which is pretty stupid and doesn't make sense when you think about it but whatever, they seem to forget about this rule a lot). Return to the Past means that XANA can put civies in real danger, situations can get very intense.
>>
>>90412969
>>90413036
Put it there my man!
>>
File: code lyoko factory.jpg (136KB, 1278x978px) Image search: [Google]
code lyoko factory.jpg
136KB, 1278x978px
>>90413036
(cont)
Even if the Lyoko Warriors know things will be okay, to everyone else this is the fucking end of the world, and it really shows. We get a real sense of danger from the extended cast, and a lot of XANA's plots play out like very real dangers. Terrorist attacks, natural disasters, serial killers, all stuff like that, and the show doesn't dance around it.

Part of what makes this so successful, is that the show's world feels incredibly real. The school, the surrounding city, the factory, it all feels like a real life, connected place. The academy feels like a real boarding school, that's really in a real city. The faculty is all handled very well, they're believable adults. Not overly strict or cruel or stupid, but not really exaggeratedly nice either. They respect the kids as adults would realistically respect teenagers, not too much, not too little.

Which leads on to probably the most impressive thing about the show, the writing of the teenagers. These are, without question, the most realistically, most well written teenagers I think i've seen in a cartoon. The sense of humor, the way they talk to and treat adults, the drama, the will-they-won't-they romances, it's so incredibly realistic to how teenagers act. They're rarely annoying or obnoxious, they're not really exaggerated, they're just very naturalistic. I mean, okay they don't swear, and there's no drugs or smoking or shit like that, but I mean, c'mon, it's a children's show, that's to be expected.
>>
XANA William carried last seasons
>>
>>90413077
But ultimately, the show has a lot of problems. Season 1 is honestly pretty bad. The character designs and animation can be weird. Like I said, for all the build up and mystery, there's not really much mystery. It can be repetitive, especially early on. Sometimes character logic can be really dumb. The character designs are... weird. The logic for how the world works isn't always there. Character development can be forgotten and redone with several characters (even if this makes sense in universe it's frustrating for an audience). Lessons learned in one episode are forgotten in another. Stuff like that. Sometimes they're good about not sticking to the status quo, but sometimes it's a real problem.

And there are lots of relatively nit-picky things, but they really add up from episode to episode. Stuff like, William joins the Lyoko Warriors for all of one episode before he gets turned. It's not really a fundamental problem with the series, but there are lots of moments like that that could have just been done better, and it really adds up.

All in all it's a really neat show, with some really great stuff, but it has so many problems, some of them REALLY big, that hold the show back a lot, and I really wish we could see the show done better.
>>
File: code lyoko.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
code lyoko.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>>
>>90410451
obligatory "Here we are, going far to save all that we love."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vr4Nif4YZ0
>>
File: code lyoko bath.webm (122KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
code lyoko bath.webm
122KB, 854x480px
>>
>>90410451
It was rebooted into live action and the story was literally Mary Sue fan fiction. They introduce a new girl who all the boys fall for and the other girls get jealous and act out of character and she's perfect at near everything.

Honestly the music was my favorite part. I loved a lot of the show but the music was great.
>>
Comics and Chronicles are canon :^)
>>
File: Game_Dude.png (98KB, 312x234px) Image search: [Google]
Game_Dude.png
98KB, 312x234px
>S1 XANA
>Controls rats and wasps to kill kids
>Took control of samurai armor and sword
>Took control of animatronic alien
>used nanomachines to internally fuck with them
>used poisonous chemicles to kill them
>used laughing gas to suffocate them
>made a terminator robot to kill them
>hijacked their bus to run it into a petrol plant to kill them
>hijacked laser satelite to snipe them
>used electronics to collapse buildings, reverse gravity, and electrify walls and floors

>Season 2 and beyond XANA
>possesses random human to attack them
>>
Wasn't the IP bought for dirt cheap by a fan or something? Or was that all just a joke?
>>
>bought by a fan

Wha? never heard that one.
>>
File: 1420805094782.jpg (66KB, 956x631px) Image search: [Google]
1420805094782.jpg
66KB, 956x631px
>>90416114
>>
File: tumblr_mxinymeX3z1smlffyo5_250.gif (358KB, 245x200px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mxinymeX3z1smlffyo5_250.gif
358KB, 245x200px
I thought Evolution was...meh. I don't hate it like a lot of people seem to.
It would have been better if Laura didn't exist. Not only did she have no reason for existing...she was just an awful character.
>>
File: yumi_103.png (387KB, 742x1133px) Image search: [Google]
yumi_103.png
387KB, 742x1133px
choc
>>
>>90414750
He still possessed other things in the later seasons. Not to mention as he kept possessing people, he empowered them more and more until they were practically terminators.
>>
File: 1480717062971.jpg (71KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
1480717062971.jpg
71KB, 480x680px
Post Aelita
>>
File: Yumi bathing suit.jpg (33KB, 433x534px) Image search: [Google]
Yumi bathing suit.jpg
33KB, 433x534px
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.