[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why have the past few episodes of SU been such fucking horseshit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 12

File: IMG_7262.png (370KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7262.png
370KB, 1280x1280px
Why have the past few episodes of SU been such fucking horseshit?
>>
>>90410027
Because you allowed Sucrose to so.
Being a stupid waifu fag gives her nothing to work towards.
>>
File: 1483488778256.png (125KB, 500x570px) Image search: [Google]
1483488778256.png
125KB, 500x570px
>>90410027
Townie episodes are shitty but now after this last bomb it is downright painful.

We saw the diamonds, we saw them interacting with one another and interacting with the main cast. We can't go back now, we've been to heaven and have been cast out.
>>
Because of the bombs

>bomb is lore heavy like the fans want

>now let's do normal airing again but with the really boring episodes no one cares about

Also because they gave us such heavy lore that when we go back to beach city and have townie episodes, it's just even more shit because the fans want more lore, not episodes about the shitty humans no one ever cared for to begin with.
>>
>>90410027
Because after the good times we must feel pain, like the latest episode, It was just getting good!
>>
>>90410027
Go back to bitching about color palettes on Tumblr, we know it's you SU critical.
>>
>>90410095
>Because of the bombs.

Pretty much, don't forget that the show is now written in a way that requires such a format to make sense.
>>
>>90410027
>new episode comes out
>it's shit

https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/9/9d/Dlc_bastion_killing_spree_announcer_kill_dominate_01.mp3
>>
File: 1478158456503.jpg (20KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
1478158456503.jpg
20KB, 500x357px
>>90410095
Mostly this. When the stevenbombs were barely starting and CN began to like doing them, I think someone from the crew said they were going to start writing with these bomb formats in mind.

Also townie episodes used to be entertaining because there was magic/gem shenanigans involved.
>Frybo infused with gem shards
>Rose's weeds attacking the Cool Kids in The New Lars
>Gem monster in Island Adventure
>Lighthouse monster in Horror Club

Now the townie episodes rarely have any of that.

People complained about the Space Arc too though. The show's writing is just going down the drain.
>>
File: 46565465653.jpg (72KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
46565465653.jpg
72KB, 500x500px
>>90410027
Wow, a slice of life series actually focusing on some light slice of life stuff for a while. Shocking!
>>
>>90410027

Stop making threads outside your general.

Also, fuck off.
>>
>>90410388
Fuck off yourself, retard. We cant only have one thread for multiple topics
>>90410379
But the focused characters are shit
>>
>>90410027
Because they have hundreds and hundreds of episode orders to fill, but not enough plot to go around for them. They admitted this is why they had the gems keep forgetting to use their powers to catch Peridot way back when.
>>
>>90410568
Then focus the extra episodes on peridot, amythest, pearl, or any of the actually GOOD characters
>>
>>90410379
it's a character drama, not a slight of life
>>
>>90410095
>>90410064
>>90410121
I don't know. There are a lot of townie episodes that I actually like, but these recent episodes have been pretty poor even in my opinion. It's like they were rushed or the crew just doesn't care.
>>
>>90410671
They have been pretty shit
>>
>>90410658
>it's a character drama, not a slight of life
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>90410418
>We cant only have one thread for multiple topics
then go to a designated SU forum rather than this fruity rumpus asshole factory we call an imageboard
>>
because it's SU
>>
Steven Universe is only ever good when it's a "bomb" now. I guess that's what they meant when they said they now write episodes "in bomb form". When it's just one every week, it's some dogshit townie filler trash
>>
>>90410746
I dont mind filler, but it has to be good. Focus on the gems or the actually good townie characters
>>
>episode where Buck and Sour Cream each shove their dicks through one of Lars's gauge holes and frot each other across his face while he gets flustered and desperate to pleasure them
God damn it
>>
>>90410780
Sugar?
>>
>>90410746
>Steven Universe is never good
Correct.
>>
>>90410027
Because it's Steven universe
>>
>>90410388
Checked.
Back in your ghetto, Steven Untermenschen.
>>
>>90410027
The last Steven bomb was dogshit. The beginning was good but it ended on a complete wet fart.
>>
I know it's fun to hate on Steven Universe, and I can understand why people don't like it, but for me season one was really enjoyable. I liked the music, backgrounds, atmosphere, mystery, characters, and just how damn comfy it was. The show has lost that charm for me now, and it makes me sad that the last two seasons (especially this one), have been so disappointing. I hope they can pick up their game for the fifth and probably last season. I just want to see a good resolution.
>>
>>90410027
>Lapidot snoozefest
>wtf i hate rose now
>Fucking Rocknaldo
>Amethyst doesn't want to wreeeestle anymore

Pretty bad, yeah. If I'm being honest it just feels like laziness on the Crew's part, cause fuck actually trying in between plotty episodes.
>>
>>90410279
Was just thinking about this today, even the filler episodes in the first season had something to do with fighting gems or something magical but now it's main storyline or trash. The best part of the show was how it built up a little bit of the lore in each episode but now It's becoming everything the haters thought it was, touchy emotional life lesson stuff
>>
>>90410956
The New Crystal Gems was actually good though.
>>
All the episodes that used to be about adding meat to the world are not just filler in the literal sense. All the characters that used to be given new depth every episode are just being cached in so they don't step on the toes of future space opera drama episodes.

Steven Universe wasn't ready for popularity. It didn't know what made it good. It listened to its fans to fill in the gaps and now we have this.
>>
>>90410027
https://youtube.com/watch?v=j38aX4JxINQ
>>
>>90411195
I'll bite.

How?

Personally I found it beyond dull, with the only good part being Connie smacktalking Lapis and Peridot. Beyond that it was just the three doing a carwash. Lapis and Connie's history was immediately shoved out the door just so they could do this episode, and it continues to make Lapis the single most boring character on the whole show as a result.

And Peridot hasn't been interesting, or even all that funny, in a while.
>>
>>90411195
Not really
>>
File: cmsut.png (348KB, 551x572px) Image search: [Google]
cmsut.png
348KB, 551x572px
>>90410027
>>
>>90411281
>Lapis the single most boring character on the whole show as a result.
Correct
>And Peridot hasn't been interesting, or even all that funny, in a while.
Wrong, shes the only good part of that snore fest
>>
>>90410943
>for the fifth and probably last season.
Dont fucking say that
>>
>>90411446
the oly good part was Lapis's seven nonconsecutive seconds of Garnet impersionation
>>
>>90411446
>Correct

Personally I blame Zuke.
>>
Tonights episode was the crew's desperate cry for help. They are suffocating under the steaming heap of fan expectations and now no longer care. Some of the better storyboarders on the team have also been phoning it the fuck in for months now.
>>
File: perilaffo.gif (142KB, 350x450px) Image search: [Google]
perilaffo.gif
142KB, 350x450px
>>90411281
>Lapis and Connie's history
>history
>>
>>90411487
nothing good ever came of a show having more than five seasons
>>
>>90410721
>rather than this fruity rumpus asshole factory
Homestuckfags are in no place to ask anything of anyone.
>>
Because they have half a season worth of plot and seem to just be constantly stretching the show with bullshit episodes about characters nobody cares about.
>>
>>90411815
>characters nobody cares about

What? You mean you didn't want an entire episode all about Mister Smiley?!
>>
>>90410027
>past few
>>
>>90411832
I forgot that even happened.
>>
>>90411779
Better then it dying or sugar not making another show again
>>
>>90411930
It really isn't.
>>
>>90410027
Because it's a shit show that will never exceed a shakey 6/10
>>
>>90411238

Yeah, that's actually a good point.
I think the reason that I've disliked a lot of these recent episodes isn't that they're townie eps, because I've never had anything against townie eps-- it's that they don't add ~anything~ to the world of the show. There isn't any kind of question raised or problem solved. They've just been about very normal people doing very normal things.

Even compare it to some of the townie episodes from last summer, like The New Lars. That episode was great. It featured gem magic shenanigans and gave Lars some character development.

Something feels very phoned in about the last three episodes or so. I really hope that they haven't totally lost their magic.
>>
>>90410027
>Ten minutes per episode.

>The show wastes far too many episodes on irrelevant bullshit nobody cares about.
>>
Peridot joining the team was the biggest mistake this show made. It just went downhill from there
>>
>past few
Whole series*
>>
>>90410027
you mean every single episode since season one right?
>>
>>90414147
Peridot joining the team had potential. Just because they fucked it up later doesn't mean it was a mistake.
>>
>>90410027
>past few episodes
more like every single episode
>>
>>90410027
Because the entire show is shit.
>>
File: 1385566043584.png (138KB, 1000x897px) Image search: [Google]
1385566043584.png
138KB, 1000x897px
>season 1 townie episodes had townies interacting with gem magic, like the crystal shards, the mirror, monsters

>later seasons don't have townies interacting with anything magic or even remotely interesting. gems go full episodes without using any powers, episodes play out like they were just humans in an sol show
>>
File: Quints.jpg (90KB, 720x499px) Image search: [Google]
Quints.jpg
90KB, 720x499px
Yesterday's episode was good
>>
>>90411295
>not "all that is holly"
ONE JOB
>>
Because they always do this shit. Every time it looks like we're getting some real progress and finally doing something interesting, they smack us back down to earth and everything comes to a screeching halt to do pointless townie filler bullshit for another half a season.
>>
>>90415249
When the slow burn becomes a glacial crawl.

Next two episodes are probably going to have plot to them, but I honestly don't think I can care anymore.
>>
>>90414147

Peridot has barely been in anything since "joining the team." She's had two whole focus episodes and both of them had the same plot.
>>
>>90410379
Slice of life about regular people is pure cancer. It's nothing more than watching animated normies.
>>
>>90411784
>Homestuckfags are in no place to ask anything of anyone.

At least they learned to stay in /hsg/. I've seen a dozen su threads at the same time. Star vs is getting worse as well.
>>
>>90415935
Never could get your logic. A shitton of threads is bad, yeah, but "STAY IN THE GENERAL" is just as fucking retarded.
Generals suck, they are not good places for discussion. They're not an immediate declaration that all discussion must now be contained in that one thread and the show cannot have any others, that's just idiotic.
>>
>>90410027
I expected Tiger Philanthropist to be total shit after yesterday's negative reaction, but it was just nothing. Filler at it's purest.
>>
File: 3.jpg (130KB, 595x332px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
130KB, 595x332px
>>90410710
LOOK AT THE TIIIIIIME!
>>
File: Screenshot_20170304-142815.png (515KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170304-142815.png
515KB, 1920x1080px
So did no one like Storm in the Room? I mean stevens probably much more relaxed with the whole mom thing. You know, until he learns that she really ISNT good. But still, a good Steven episode.
>>
>>90410027
its been horseshit since season 2
>>
>>90418776
people only think that things are "happening" if people get in fights. Character development episodes about the main character don't count unless someone is trying to kill him.
>>
>>90418776
It was alright. At least it showed Steven questioning Rose's morals but it didn't really do anything interesting aside from that.
>>
>>90410027
'cause the crew either got lazy due to fame or just are having an art block

also gayshit tumblr affected this too
>>
>>90418776
Felt unnecessary. The distrust of Rose was there since Bismuth and Bubbled, and if they were going to base a whole episode on it... why not have it be a source of conflict with the Gems, instead of Steven literally talking to himself?
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (97KB, 1200x846px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
97KB, 1200x846px
This series handled slice of life and action better.
>>
>>90418776
HAHA RELAXED!?
>>
>>90410279
>>90411042
>>90412224
>>90414561
So why did they stop?
I enjoyed the old townie episodes because it showed the impact the Gem shenanigans and conflict had on the human population, even if it was just on a day to day basis.

I was always waiting for them to go deeper into it, explore the effects on human politics, culture, geography.
Except now they're doing the exact opposite. Shallow fluff with very low to zero conflict.
>>
>>90424080
I suppose its partially because the writers that are on the show now vs season 1 don't have much interest in fleshing out the world and rather have saccharine characters with petty dramas.

I also feel that gem monster episodes were largely dropped because their twist (corruption) was revealed and the writers got bored with it.
>>
>>90415427
Good thing its literally not about regular people

One of the slice of life episodes was Steven using his astral powers to go into the dreams of the black girl at the pizza place to help her with her anxiety
>>
>>90411195
No, it was a clusterfuck, it literally was a cluster tier episode:
>Main concept was Connie, Lapis and Peridot teaming up to protect beach city
>—from having dirty vehicles.
>The pumpkin dog is back and seems to be a staple now, because it represents a pet in a lesbians couple, because dogs are a symbolism of a son between fags.
>At the end we got a memedot, lolpiss and crongey role playing as the lesbian squad.
>"We aren't them we are a failure"
>>"Go Failures!"
>>Grrrl Power

The only good thing from this was the fact that we didn't get to hear Steven's autistic and faggy voice for the whole episode
>>
>>90400000
>>
>>90413948
EXACTLY
>>
>>90425566
I wonder if that might also stem from how they'd started hiring fanartists to work on the show later down the line and if perhaps said fanartis never really got out of the habit of writing like a fan of the show rather than an actual crew member.

Because writing superfluous fluff about humans making Gemsonas and shit makes sense when it's a silly idea you share with all your friends on Tumblr and Twitter and shit, but doesn't exactly fly when it's the actual show.
>>
>>90427096
basically, yeah.

The fans who were hired on as writers still write like fans, so the stories play out like dinky little fanfictions. Thematically separate from the on-going continuity and world established in the show itself.

Like the small thinking fans who write High School alternate universes for shows with interesting and detailed world. It's a waste of the setting
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.