[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was LeFou ever straight?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: LeFou.png (370KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
LeFou.png
370KB, 720x404px
Was LeFou ever straight?
>>
No. And Belle has a furry fetish.
>>
>>90409318
Did it ever matter? Does it matter now? What does it add?
>>
Does he actually do any gay shit in the movie?
>>
>>90409682
he jerks off like seven guys
I know, my dad works at Disney
>>
>>90409318
I mean I haven't actually seen the movie since I was a kid, but "haha lefou's singing a song about how great and manly gaston, he must be gay" seems like exactly the kind of joke people can and do make all the time.

Only to get pissed off when they make him gay for real.

I mean, I'm not saying making him gay is a good or bad thing, I don't even like the original movie and don't plan to see this one. But at least there's some basis on reality to that decision, or at least the audience's perceptions, even if it is based on a stereotype.
>>
>>90409661
I doubt it will effect the movie in any real way but it COULD change the meaning of the song to wanting to be the dude to want to fuck the dude.

Which I guess in the gay community it seems pretty normal to end up with your dopplegangar so it could be both.

It still seems pretty fucking rude to choose LeFou of all characters is the gay one because "Oh he's effeminate he MUST be gay."

Why not have the baker have a boyfriend? Why not the Librarian?
>>
>>90410114
well him being straight didn't add anything
>>
>>90409661
Exactly, it adds nothing so who cares if he's gay.

>>90410114
>Why not have the baker have a boyfriend? Why not the Librarian?

Because these aren't main characters.
>>
it's important to remember, he is French.
>>
>mention this offhand to dyke tumblr sister
>she's mad about it because she thinks it's too small and insignificant and can see it as the dumb ploy that it is, the triggers going through the community like a shockwave have already caused dozens of panic attacks and in the HAES ranks fourteen fatal heart attacks
>bible belt theaters are still already in the process of banning this rehashed bullshit movie for the single 30 seconds of faggotry, gnashing their meth rotted teeth, stamping their furry unclothed feet and, I assume, firing double barreled shotguns into the air in anger
>literally nobody is happy about this
>>
>>90409661
eh, some people will take it that men who show loyalty are gay for their leader.
>>
>>90409661
A better understanding of the character. He could come out as straight and we'd know him just that much better. Details like this aren't what the character is ALL about.
>>
This sort of plot point, if it matters to the story at all, should be revealed through the storytelling itself. Blaring it out loud in articles days before the movie opens can't help but make it seem crass and publicity-driven, even to those who would like to be fair to the film and reserve judgement.
>>
>>90410227
I'm happy with it. I just think it's funny... which I guess trivializes the issue and reduces it to novelty.

Between this and the first gay couple in a Disney movie (the rude neighbors) there isn't much possitive representation, but I'd guess it's better than being ignored.
>>
>>90409734
You're thinking of Snow White.
>>
Do you think any theaters would have decided not to screen this if they had made LeFou female?

I'm just saying, it's the same fucking character, he just happens to like cock. Boohoo.
>>
>>90410250
if you're loyal enough to die for someone you're loyal enough to suck their dick
>>
Real talk tho that Gaston is shit casting.

Shoulda gotten someone properly ripped and willing to be ridiculous, like Terry Crews in whiteface.

Or just normal terry crews, I wouldn't even care about "muh blackwashing" because he's great.
>>
>>90410166
>Exactly, it adds nothing so who cares if he's gay.

>Have the guy that's name is literally "The Fool" be gay.

Yeah, that's not fucking offensive at all. It adds nothing, so why not right?
>>
>>90410416
well that explains the navy but what about the marines?
>>
>>90410490

Terry Crews as Gaston would be fucking amazing
>>
>>90409318
It's eerie how perfect his casting is though.
>>
>>90410505
It's not like he's a flaming stereotype with a limp wrist tossing flowers wherever he walks.
>>
>>90410536
No instead he's the village idiot, so he might as well be gay too. That's stupid as thinking on Disney's part.
>>
Pandering, pandering everywhere.
>>
File: large_as_a_barge.png (528KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
large_as_a_barge.png
528KB, 960x960px
>>90410490
No need to whiteface, just slip a couple lyrics in a song somewhere.

>Bimbettes fawning over Gaston
>"Oh that Gaston, the Algerian Adonis.
>"They say he's hunted every animal from the horn of Africa to the furthest Orient."
>"But the one thing he can't set his sights on is the perfect bride" *swoon*
>>
>>90410490
>Terry Crews as Gaston
HELL YES
>>
File: grid-cell-4764-1464903015-14[1].jpg (25KB, 309x309px) Image search: [Google]
grid-cell-4764-1464903015-14[1].jpg
25KB, 309x309px
>>90410490
He wouldn't even have to learn a new role, just take President Camacho. He probably still has the wig lying around somewhere.
>>
Plot twist: Gaston survives but is horribly injured and LeFou is living with him to help him recover. Scene ends with him saying some shit like, "No matter what you will be my hero." And kisses him on the cheek. Something something Gaston Bi something.
>>
File: arnoldson.jpg (280KB, 962x1158px) Image search: [Google]
arnoldson.jpg
280KB, 962x1158px
>>90409318
Pic related should have been Gaston.
>>
>>90410786
Yes, Arnold should have been Gaston.
>>
>>90409318
To be honest, If Gaston was my idol I'd be gay as fuck too.
>>
>>90410786
His halfbreed got his dads building genes. Maybe we'll have an action star in the future.
>>
>>90410699
I wouldn't mind that.
>>
>>90409318
No, he's French after all.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.