[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Krypton

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: worldkrypton.jpg (125KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
worldkrypton.jpg
125KB, 400x600px
I completely skipped this event back in the day, and I don't see anyone talk about it. The premise sounds pretty interesting tbqh. Was it good, or was it shit?
>>
>>90406388
Krypton comes back. Then it blows up again. Then the universe got rebooted.
>>
It was enjoyable enough. the ending is a little rushed bc I think nu52 was coming but I enjoyed it.
>>
>>90406388
Eh, it's alright, lots of wasted potential tho. The ending can go get fucked with a rusty pipe for all I care.
>>
>>90406388
It ended with Superman deciding to walk across America because he'd lost his way
>>
It was pretty fun to hype while it was happening, but as stated the ending wasn't great. I was pretty disappointed at the time the way it panned out. Felt like certain things that were seeded (Daxam's involvement probably being the biggest one) never panned out. Overall it was interesting to see modern portrayals of Kryptonian culture and shit though. Might read better now than it did back then.

>>90406413
There was like a year or two between the ending and the new 52. Not sure why they rushed it besides wanting JMS on the main book and he wanted to do his own thing.
>>
>>90406591

yeah they rushed it for JMS I would guess.

lol
>>
>>90406591
Also now realizing this post is way too redundantly phrased

>>90406635
Probably worth it for the sales gamble at least even though he was so shitty. During NK the books were basically 20-30ks, which isn't awful for DC back then but not great.
>>
>>90406388
I liked Clark teaching those kriptonian cops how to fight well with their powers rather than depending on them alone.
>>
>>90406635
I'd be down for storytiming grounded during the day tomorrow if peeps would read
>>
Events and crossovers are shit unless proven otherwise. More so for Superman ones.
>>
Really cool premise, lots of promise, is actually really interesting at first.

But then Superman leaves Earth and it all goes to fucking shit. It meanders for like the better part of a year in three separate books, then wraps everything up in the most perfunctory and unsatisfying way possible.

It honestly might be the biggest missed opportunity in modern Superman comics.
>>
>johns leaves midway
>Rucka leaves midway
>Dc makes them rap it up very quickly in 5 weeks to just get it over with

Yep, sounds like it would be pretty good at the beginning but disappoint everyone in the end
>>
How would you have ended it /co/?
Where would the Super books be afterwards?
>>
>>90409560
Something like this..
JMS finishes the superwalk.
They bring back Chris Kent.
Waid is allowed to reprise his GOAT run.
>>
>>90409560
Oh Christ, hang on. The ending pissed me off so much I actually wrote an alternate treatment that picked up with Kandor leaving Earth.

Basically Superman and Supergirl would split up and each of their ongoings would show the two separate sides of the conflict, Superman on Earth and Supergirl on Krypton.
>>
>>90409560
>>90409804
http://pastebin.com/UpAHxR9g

I put it in a pastebin since it's longer than I remembered.
>>
It had so much fucking potential. At the time, it was probably the most exciting shakeup in the Superman status quo in years. The fact that no one ever talks about it anymore should tell you something.
>>
>>90406412
Comics in a nutshell
>>
Zod going ha ha moustache twirl went wrong. Yeah he started that way but NK made him more than that and it just fell down like a house of cards, his nuances went out the window. Kinda like Lex' presidency. personally I would have just kept NK as a permanent location in the DCU, just move it away from Earth. Make it like Rao finally gets fed up and takes his people for a time out somewhere.
>>
It had a lot of potential and didn't really live up to it but was/is still pretty enjoyable to read.
>>
>>90409099
Yes
>>
File: 1412630161352.jpg (34KB, 429x377px)
1412630161352.jpg
34KB, 429x377px
I honestly don't remember how it ended I just remember NK blowing up and being really confused on how it blew up, I think I might have skipped a few issues on accident.
>>
>>90409766
Waid:
>great character interactions
>oh by the way here am some kryptonite
>Superman: "I miss both Kryptons :'C"
>>
>>90409873
Not bad, anon!
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.