[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw no talent for writefagging and drawfagging Why are here.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1119394645.jpg (23KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1119394645.jpg
23KB, 400x300px
>mfw no talent for writefagging and drawfagging
Why are here.

>mfw I can only powerlessly criticize the direction a show is going without having the raw talent for creating myself.
>>
>>90391897
And I feel I've got passable talent but lack the drive and ambition. Let's circle the drain together.
>>
If you want to be able to write or draw then learn.

If you don't want to then don't feel guilty over it.

The problem is entirely within your power. Saying you want to do something hard but don't want to put in the effort is just whining.
>>
>>90391897
I can draw fairly well for my age but I think I'm losing the ability to write and the only explanation my retarded ass can come with for that is that I've somehow magically lost my creativity through becoming an adult

I turned 18 a little over 6 months ago so that's... unlikely

How the fuck do I get it back? Should I just set aside time each day to write or something? Is it practice making perfect like anything else or is that just sucking all the good ideas from my head and wasting them?
>>
>>90392243
An idea can't be wasted. You can always come back to it.
>>
>>90392243
It's practice makes perfect just like any other skill. Also I don't think practicing your writing wastes good ideas but more so get the creative juices flowing and being able to build on your ideas. At least that's what I'd like to think
>>
>>90391897
>Have the drive
>Have enough talent
>Have a foot in the door enough to get some money and build a resume
>Can't seem to cross that gap of getting out of commercial work and into TV production because my bridge connections are few and far between

I try not to be whiny because at least I get work unlike a lot of other struggling artists, but I feel like at a loss of what to do next to try and get to the other side of that cliff. I've got a short film in festivals, an active online blog, submit my resume to a variety of studios. The only thing I could think of doing next is going to CTN Animation Expo this year with some business cards, but I just don't know if I'll have enough money around that time to do that.
>>
>>90392688
I'd work on a simple side project to drain extra hours into to start making a small internet presence for yourself, once you're feeling ballsy and dedicated get some money to create an honest to god 15 minute pilot. It's unlikely that anyone will pick it up but it is portfolio gold that could get you working on prime time television.
>>
File: claimed.png (431KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
claimed.png
431KB, 1024x576px
Could anyone help me? I am a fantastic, talented and hardworking artist. I regularly create incredible and breathtaking content, but I have a problem; I have absolutely ZERO imagination.

I wish I had some type of "idea guy". Someone who could just sit there giving me vague, generally directionless concepts to work with while I plowed endlessly to get them to resemble something of actual artistic merit.

Does anyone know someone like this? Jeez, this is all I ever needed.
>>
>>90393472
Shit, I could do that. All I ever do is daydream and play with ideas in my head. What are you generally looking for in regards to setting?
>>
>>90393472
And you could also try scouting out these threads on /tg/: >>>/tg/51999052 and the occasional NaNoWriMo thread. /tg/ in general is rife with ideas. Maybe /qst/ too if they're not still mad.

I don't typically participate myself, but certainly there are some creative folks to be found thereabouts. Hope it helps.
>>
>>90391897
if you aren't trying to learn and change your situation, then sit down and shut up
>>
>>90391897
FUCKING
LEARN
>>
>>90391897
Hi, Mr. Enter.

Just kidding. You're me.
>>
>>90391897
Ive got talent. Wanna meet up
>>
>>90392243

See I can draw
In fact I draw all the time I just can't write

I know I'm a terrible writer and I don't have the drive to make a comic which makes me sad but I do the best of what I can
>>
You don't need to be a chef to critisize food
You don't need to be a politician to criticize a politician
You don't need to be a film director to criticize films
You don't need to be a musician to criticize music (this one's a bit iffy desu)

But the point I'm trying to make is to not care about your talents or lack thereof on certain things. You're a consumer of forms of art or action. You expect something to be good or to your preference. And that's all you really need to have.
>>
File: rsz_loomis.jpg (158KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_loomis.jpg
158KB, 1328x747px
Just start practicing anon. Acknowledging that you suck is the first step in improving.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.