[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Actually... he's more like a ronin than a samurai

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: download (4).jpg (11KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
11KB, 300x168px
Actually...

he's more like a ronin than a samurai
>>
>>90390447
They had to avoid similarities with the comic.
>>
>>90390447
He was transported to the future though. He never purposefully betrayed or abandoned his lord, to my knowledge. Or did he never have one?
>>
>>90390447
And his name's not really Jack.
>>
>>90390447

>he's not a samurai because he uses a different weapon
>>
>>90390586
He's the Emperor's son. He doesn't need a Lord, he is a Lord.
>>
>>90390657
But he gave up on himself at least two times now
>>
I might be wrong here, but aren't Samurai supposed to wear armour? Not just a gi?
I mean at least Stockings and sandals and not just barefoot and sandals
>>
>>90393057

It's what happens when the creators base an Asian character off of stereotypes and stock images. Actual research would have taken up too much time and since they're not experts on Asian history it's not worth the effort of being accurate since there's so many little facts they'll screw up.
>>
>>90393057
>>90393096
He wears armor. It breaks.

There was an entire episode about him trying to replace his damn sandals.
>>
>>90393057
Depends on what era he's from, post sengoku era samurai didn't wear armor since they were no longer constantly at war after the country was unified
>>90393096
>durr they didn't do any research
Neither did you
>>
>>90393057
>>90393352
His father wore amour in the Origin of Aku episode and so did the soldiers.
I assume Jack's in his twenties so I doubt it's a case of being with the times...
>>
>>90393409
Times can change quickly
Consider the cultural and fashion shifts from the 40s to 60s or 60s to 80s
For samurai and the end of the sengoku period specifically check out Yojimbo or Seven Samurai or even Rurouni Kenshin
>>
>>90393057
Samurai also used polearms and bows way more often than a katana,but whatever.
>>
>>90393731
We do see Jack use polearms and bows several times in the series. In the first episode even.
>>
>>90390447
Not really. As the emperors son, he is the Lord to other samurai. He can't be ronin by default.
>>
>>90390657
shouldn't he be Daimyo Jack, then?
>>
>>90393057
Let's see, Jack is in the unfamiliar future where he searches far and wide, at least from china,egypt, and scotland, for a way to the past and to also probably stay ahead of Aku. Jack does not seem to own transport, up to new season, nor have a central base of operations. So it make sense for Jack to travel light with the katana,gi, sandal, and the occasional straw hat.

Also armor was/is very heavy, they needed help putting it on, and was worn in preparation for a battle. Jack does this in ep3 when he's protecting the dogs.
>>
>>90390447
hes not a samurai and his name isnt even jack

amazing
>>
>>90393933
>he searches far and wide, at least from china,egypt, and scotland

I was just going to ask if it seemed like he was in America when he first traveled.
Or at least a very modern (late 90's) Tokyo ?
>>
>>90394776
Very few episodes actually give Jack's location, because it doesn't matter since the only continuity episodes, besides the premiere, are the Scotsman episodes
>>
>>90390447
No shit.
>>
>>90393057
Armor doesn't help jack when his sword is an instant pierce. It would weight him down and limit his movement against Aku, who is impossibly fast and can change size/form at will.
His Gi and sandals are all he really needs, since he's a master at working with his surroundings and keeping inner focus. See: how he took out the 5 mercs in about 10 seconds.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.