[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marvel "Rebirth" Rich the Leech rumors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5

File: Marvel Numbers.jpg (874KB, 1408x1077px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel Numbers.jpg
874KB, 1408x1077px
>I am told, spinning out of ECCC, that as part of Marvel’s upcoming “Make Mine Marvel” relaunch in the autumn that, rather than relaunching with a load of new issue 1s, instead, we will get a load of new… legacy numbers.

>All the old-school legacy characters will return with issue numbers that will add up all the issues published of that character’s central series so far, including all the relaunches.

>Of late, Marvel has normally done this just for promotional effect. They like to relaunch titles with a #1 fairly regularly to benefit from #1 sales bumps. This move may indicate a change in direction for the way future.

>This includes a Bruce Banner-starring Incredible Hulk and a non-Hydra Captain America.

>The first will be Venom which will keep going after its promotional #150 in May with #151 in June.

>And Thor? Thor is due to be #700 in the autumn. I think.

>If anyone wants to work out what issue number all of these books should be…. well, you’ll do a better job than Marvel usually do when they try.
>>
Thor is due to be #700 when "Thor 3" will be released. Is real Thor coming back in November?
>>
>>90388889
Hes already back, hes just not going by Thor and Jane refuses to die of cancer
>>
So, no more MUH PROGRESSIVENESS shit?
>>
>>90388910
I mean with his hammer and his name
>>
File: C0e0JAEUUAAsofi.jpg (63KB, 1200x675px)
C0e0JAEUUAAsofi.jpg
63KB, 1200x675px
So what is Rich's track record when it comes to these rumors and gossip? Mostly true or mostly false?
>>
>>90388955
Oh then when the movie is out like we all have been saying.
>>
>>90388991
Mixed bag. He was right about Rebirth before DC announced it though.
>>
>>90388757
>All those plebs in the comment section over joyed about this

Wow, they are literal idiots. This is literally the flipside to the coin of idiots overjoyed by new #1s. Tell me when they get solid writers on these books.

>The people asking for Claremont to come back
They have read modern Claremont right?
>>
>>90389029
Isn't "Marvel Rebirth" just wishful thinking then?
>>
>>90389077
Marvel has been buttblasted by DC.
A smart thing will to copy them but not really which is standard Marvel MO.
>>
>>90388916
Look at America #1 and think again.
>>
>>90389151
You mean the one book from a total newbie?

Be honest, do you honestly believe it will pass from 6 issues max?

Because i don't see how that will last.
>>
>>90388991
Sometimes he's completely right

Sometimes he's completely wrong

Sometimes some parts are right and some parts are wrong

He got like 95% of Rebirth right minus a couple books and creative teams

He's not usually completely right though
So I imagine a lot of his marvel predictions are right but some teams and books will be wrong
>>
>More comments asking for Claremont back
Bitch did they read Nightcrawler?
>>
>>90388757
I wonder what kinda ass-pull they're gonna do to bring Bruce back.

They should've saved Hulk getting revived by the Hand and then purified.
>>
File: Cw47InjXAAA0Qzu.jpg (44KB, 651x651px)
Cw47InjXAAA0Qzu.jpg
44KB, 651x651px
> Let's do what DC is doing!
>>
>>90389229
I'll wait for the sales report. Right now it looks like it's somehow popular. And Marvel always eats up the media buzz.
>>
How buttmad are you chucklefucks gonna be when Bendis relaunches his nigger Spider-Man as Ultimate Spider-Man #250?
>>
>>90388757
Unworthy Thor is just about an end, could be great to have him launch a new book then. I would love to keep the same team.
>Odinson
>Beta Ray Bill
>Toothgnasher
>Thori

Great space adventures with that team
>>
It's like the Poochie episode of the Simpsons.
>>Everyone hates the new character
>>Go back to old style
>>People stop caring
I guarantee that sales will stay just as low because nobody cares about Tony, Steve, Thor, etc. I'm not saying the legacies are good either. The problem is that Marvel stopped feeling cohesive long ago.
>>
>>90389283
They should just give him an OGN like they did with Liefeld and Deadpool.
>>
>>90389690
>implying Marvel will give us the Beta Ray Thrills on a consistent monthly basis after this mini ends.
No, anon. We'll just have to make it last until he shows up again, whenever that will be.
>>
>>90390215
Honestly, it's better that way. If you have too much Bill, then it just makes his appearances less hype. As is, you know shit is going down when Bill shows up but too much BRB would just dilute it.
>>
Is Spencer going to commit seppuku? How will he recover?
>>
>>90390215
But everyone loves BRB. Seriously, every fan of thor realizes that BRB is either just as awesome or better. Why shouldn't he have a solo cosmic book like he did in godhunter? That was a mini but he is great.

Then again maybe it is better than he sticks to minis, cause no one can ruin him.
>>
>>90390414
Spencer should replace Slott on ASM, desu senpai.
>>
>>90390390
>>90390437
Does it help if I tell you he's likely getting a new Heroclix piece in the new Thor set that's coming out in the fall?
>>
>>90390452
Fuck off fag, Spiderman is rightfully Yost book and it has been for years.
>>
>>90390473
>Heroclix
Meh. To scale statue or bust.
>>
>>90390414

Wouldn't be surprised if they relaunched Thunderbolts with #200 and him as the writer.
>>
>>90390487
>Spiderman
Who?
>>
>>90390452
So ASM can become an outlet for his shitty political beliefs?
>>
>>90390487

yost is too busy working on bad movies to come back to comics
>>
>>90390508
>Avengers World didn't have any of his shitty political beliefs (except his hate for millenials)
>Superior Foes didn't have any of his shitty political beliefs (except his hate for millenials)
>Ant-man didn't have any of his shitty political beliefs (except his hate for millenials)
>The Fix doesn't have any of his shitty political beliefs (except his hate for millenials)
>guys, everything Spencer writes is just a copy paste of his twitter feed!!!!
Stop falling for the memes for once in your life.
>>
>>90390522
Damn...Yost and Kyle made great shit.
>>
>>90389841
This. The legacy characters are a symptom of Marvel's editorial and writing problems.
>>
>>90390626
Ant Man was about the absurdity of mobile app development culture in Silicon Valley, though that's an acceptable target.
>>
>>90390722
When people talk about "Spencer's shitty political beliefs," they're talking about the fact that he's a democrat. Hating on Silicon Valley types, like hating on Millenials, is something conservatives do too so it's OK.
>>
>>90388757
>half-assed ripoff of DC

yep sounds like Marvel
>>
>>90390703
Not all legacy characters are created equally. SamCap was done pretty well, SamNova has gotten better since his title started, Kamala's done well even if she's a legacy character in name only.
>>
>>90390635
No, they didn't. Their NXM was rancid and their X-Force was overrated.
>>
>>90388757
>Miles getting ready to venomblast Venom
>>
>>90391040
X-Force was fucking great. Haven't read new X-Men. They also managed to adapt the great stories to EMH, so they can write R rated and kids dtuff very well.
>>
>>90391211
They also wrote Thor and Thor 2, the worst MCU movies by far.
>>
>>90390966
Right. The legacy characters aren't the problem. It's Marvel's editorial and writing that need to be fixed. Undoing some legacy characters and reworking the issue numbers isn't going to solve the problem.
>>
A couple of them reaching milestones when we add up older series:

Black Panther will hit #150 in July. (Unless Marvel decides to start counting from #513 when he took over Daredevil's numbering)

GOTG will hit #150 next year

Deadpool #200 was Feb this year.

Doctor Strange will hit #300 next year (using original numbering after it changed from Strange Tales)

Daredevil will hit #600 next year.

Avengers will hit #600 next year.

Amazing Spider-Man will hit #750 this year. It's closer to #800 if they count the .1 - .6 issues
>>
>>90391243
Their script was hacked to pieces cause it wasn't funny enough. Whedon fucked up Thor 2
>>
>>90391924
>Avengers will hit #600 next year.
I assume you're not counting Bendis' initial New Avengers run.

>Amazing Spider-Man will hit #750 this year. It's closer to #800 if they count the .1 - .6 issues
Are you counting Superior Spider-Man?
>>
>>90391924
Thunderbolts is close to 200 or 250 depending if you count the Rulk run.
>>
>>90392586
The Rulk run counts, it has Thunderbolts in the title, they wouldn't ignore that.
>>
>>90392516
>I assume you're not counting Bendis' initial New Avengers run.

No i only counted those just named 'Avengers'. I didn't count any with extra titles (New, Uncanny, Secret, ect)

>Are you counting Superior Spider-Man?
No, I've just counted the 4 series labelled 'Amazing Spider-Man'.

I didn't count Superior since they haven't counted things like Spectacular Spider-Man when they've previously renumbered as far I'm aware.
>>
>>90392726
>No i only counted those just named 'Avengers'. I didn't count any with extra titles (New, Uncanny, Secret, ect)
Here's the thing, there was no book just called "Avengers" during the time Bendis' New Avengers was out. It was the Avengers flagship book, just like ANAD Avengers was the Avengers flagship book before being relaunched as just Avengers

>I didn't count Superior since they haven't counted things like Spectacular Spider-Man when they've previously renumbered as far I'm aware.
Same applies here. While Superior was going on, there was no ASM book. Superior was the flagship Spider-Man book.
>>
>>90392805
>Here's the thing, there was no book just called "Avengers" during the time Bendis' New Avengers was out. It was the Avengers flagship book, just like ANAD Avengers was the Avengers flagship book before being relaunched as just Avengers

In that case, avengers would be closer to #700. They'll be about 30 issues away from it by my count. Closer to 20 if they count the recent .1 issues.

>Same applies here. While Superior was going on, there was no ASM book. Superior was the flagship Spider-Man book.

And with this, counting Superior it puts it about 20 issues away from #800. It's only about 5 issues away if they count the recent .1 issues.
>>
>>90389564
I'd be completely ok with that.
>>
>>90392726
I wonder what they could possibly come up with for #800.
>>
>>90391924
They should count the daredevil shit for BP. Daredevil relaunched with a #1 while ghat book was coming out
>>
>>90388757
AMS will suck anyway,
>>
>>90396029

Marvel partially reverts OMD and restores Peter and MJs marriage. In exchange, Peter has to give up Parker Industries.
>>
>>90396513
Nah.

The burglar comes back and shoots mary jane.
>>
>>90388757
They really stole Warcrafts Orcish blademaster look for The Hulk in Old Man Logan?
>>
>>90396632
That beard in OP reminds me of Doomsday
>>
>>90396632
I'm gonna assume you're just pretending to be retarded
>>
I'm going to be really amazed if they bring Bruce and Tony back six months after killing them off.

Also slightly disappointed. Jen's got a good thing going on right now. It deserves some love.
>>
Marvel needs a Shooter
A Shooter like Jim
>>
File: 01.jpg (386KB, 1024x1591px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
386KB, 1024x1591px
>>90392645
They counted Fightbolts when they relaunched New Thunderbolts, so yeah.
>>
>>90396897
I'm a cum shooter. Do I fit for the job?
>>
>it's a Marvel copies DC episode
>>
>>90396919
>I'm a cum shooter. Do I fit for the job?

I'll give you a different kind of job.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.