[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Dcau Superman such a jobber?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: Superman-DCAU.jpg (60KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Superman-DCAU.jpg
60KB, 640x480px
Rewatching Justice league.

Why is Dcau Superman such a jobber?
He gets wrecked by literally everybody and everything.
He cant dodge for shit. Its like he is so overconfident in his man of steel shtick that he doesnt even try nor care for enemy attacks
>>
Because they need to show how powerful this week's bad guy is.
>>
>>90386418
Because Superman is a powerful character in general and him swooping in with all his might and fixing problems before the rest of the Justice League has any screen time wouldn't make for a good Justice League show.
>>
>>90386418
Superboy from young justice is a bigger jobber
>>
>>90386418
Because if Superman is strong enough to not fall to the enemy then obviously we don't need the rest of the League. It's pretty fucking obvious anon.

Writing around the overpowered characters has always been the problem in any superhero team-up ever. If they're fighting multiple opponents then it's easier to manage, but if it's a single major foe then either the weaker folk pretty much straight up can't do shit or the stronger heroes dominate.
>>
>>90386418
Because No one wants a minute long episode
>>
>>90386418
World of Cardboard.
>>
>>90386418

You babies just had this thread. How much more can you possibly whine?
>>
>>90386418
What's a jobber anyway?
>>
The new Justice League Action cartoon has totally fixed this shit.

Superman and the other powerful supers don't job anymore. Batman gets his ass kicked a lot more. I've never seen Superman dodge so attacks, it's beautiful
>>
File: 1475195351444.jpg (15KB, 216x290px) Image search: [Google]
1475195351444.jpg
15KB, 216x290px
>>90386418
We had this thread literally yesterday.
Get some hemorroid cream or something.
>>
>>90387011
Anal sex doesn't cause hemorrhoids, silly
>>
>>90386418
They need a reason to even have a justice league. So the strongest has to fail to give the others a shot.
>>
>>90386818
Often a powerful character that gets screwed up by someone/something and thus knocked out from action. Also often turned into one to show how powerful the new threat is.

One such example is Worf from Star Trek. Easily the big guy tank of the cast, he gets his share of suffering.

Most of the time however, the jobber can get his shit together and then bring some painful payback.
>>
File: Chrissy, I've come to bargain.jpg (125KB, 2000x1150px) Image search: [Google]
Chrissy, I've come to bargain.jpg
125KB, 2000x1150px
>>90387035
>implying OP has sex
>implying he's not more likely to develop a scrotum pain from sitting down all day
>>
File: 1200.jpg (77KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1200.jpg
77KB, 1200x675px
>>90386418
Remember that time Batman came to metropolis and almost instantly had Lois Lane on his dick, then before he left implied he could easily take her?

Or how Batman would routinely defeat villains flash, supes, mmh got completely wrecked by seconds before by pulling out some plot device?

Or how instead of calling out for being a paranoid asshole like in the comics characters would constantly suck his dick when talking bot him even when he wasn't around?

DCAU was just Tim's masturbatory self insert fantasy, and Supes was the sunohara to batman's tomoya.
>>
>>90386882
Haven't seen that show but the idea of Superman dodging sounds so weird to me. I'm used to the explanation being he takes the hits to get a much better feel of just how strong his opponents are and how much force he should use to take them down without killing. Not to mention that every hit he takes is a hit that someone else that would most likely die from it doesn't have to take. Gets a bit silly when he gets punched through a building through.
>>
>>90386418
Martian Manhunter had it worst
>>
>>90387466

Fuck off. Superman had it worst.
>>
File: superman-muhammad-ali-fall-down.jpg (172KB, 571x781px) Image search: [Google]
superman-muhammad-ali-fall-down.jpg
172KB, 571x781px
He never really recovered from the Ali fight
>>
They nerfed the crap out of him because a weaker Superman was easier to write threats for and justify needing to have him team up with others.
>>
>>90386818
The guy who is supposed to be powerful but will lose to the vilain to show how stong the vilain is.
>>
>>90387466
This. Manhunter would get a headache and faint for every fight
>>
>>90386418
Very few writers can effectively write Superman without nerfing him. Hack writers have been nerfing Superman since decades.
>>
>>90387147
This. Tim loved his Batsue.
>>
>>90386882
Fuck off, fag.

A human using wit to defeat a god is more entertaining that watching a human get his shit kicked in
>>
>>90386600
It stuff like this that make me wonder why people depict Superman as apparently overpowered as he is.
>>
>>90386418
Writers are hacks and hated Superman.
>>
>>90386418
>Rewatching Justice league.
Nigga, are you retarded? He explains why he always holds back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwU0QkcrNVQ
>>
File: 1401053163079.jpg (40KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1401053163079.jpg
40KB, 1024x768px
>>90386418
Because he literally too strong. It's the same reason why Flash doesn't one shot everything he's in. Because it's a series/ story about seeing your favorite heroes together. It's not about Superman just doing everything for everyone. The reason question is why do people bitch and whine when characters like Superman and Batman job? They still have all their impressive feats elsewhere, who gives a shit if they shit the bed every once in awhile.
>>
>>90392525
"Holding back" doesn't explain why his defenses are bad though, just why his offensive ability is. Which is still a bad retcon.
>>
>>90386882
The power levels are slightly out of whack but it's still to an acceptable degree, unlike the DCAU. I'm glad everyone gets a chance to shine here.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.