[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Travis Knight to Direct Transformers Spinoff 'Bumblebee'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 1480521919357.jpg (68KB, 800x397px)
1480521919357.jpg
68KB, 800x397px
Holy shit. I wonder what's his reasoning for doing this.

>EXCLUSIVE: Bumblebee, the first spinoff of the Transformers franchise based on a popular character in the series, just landed as director Travis Knight, the helmer of the Oscar-nominated stop-motion animated success Kubo And The Two Strings. That film was Knight’s directing debut. Bumblebee would mark his first live-action film.

>This time, Knight will be taking on a very different project, a big-budget 2018 tentpole for the studio. The screenplay, which emerged from Transformers director and Paramount’s writers room project, is from Christina Hodson. Lorenzo Di Bonaventura, Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg are producing with Hasbro’s Brian Goldner and Stephen Davis.

>Knight, the son of Nike founder Phil Knight, is also president and CEO of Laika. Based out of Portland, the animation house was founded about 11 years ago and since then has created high-quality and beautifully created features including The Boxtrolls, ParaNorman and Coraline. Along with Kubo, Boxtrolls was also nominated for an Oscar.
>>
Laika doesn't make money
>>
Well the main line transformers is still making crazy money so no one want to rock that boat. But making a spinoff film would be able to get away from Michael Bay and perhaps give the franchise longevity.
>>
I have a feeling this is going to be more kid-focused than the main movies.
>>
>>90380941
>Holy shit. I wonder what's his reasoning for doing this.

why anyone directs these moies: money
>>
>>90380941
> I wonder what's his reasoning for doing this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mnu9JRydqJ0
>>
>>90380941
Gain cred in the industry

>>90381632
Hopefully he can make it something that isn't a steaming pile of shit
Hell maybe he's a fan of Transformers
>>
>>90381673

No, Travis Knight is a creative first and a business man second.

Laika was founded out of love for the art form and is kept afloat through the bottomless Nike fortune.

If Knight's doing this, he likely has a personal creative interest.
>>
>>90380941
Just getting this out of the way
>Kubo sucked
>Transformers movies suck
>even if Travis was/is a good director, it doesn't guarantee that he could save the movie from sucking. Case in point - Genndy Tartakovsky on Hotel Transylvania
>>
>>90380941
Can we just have a transformers movie that takes place in Cybertron?
>>
>>90383137
Bu we now have actual hope of a Transformers movie actually being good. It might actually happen.
>>
File: 1476055168578.jpg (74KB, 400x387px) Image search: [Google]
1476055168578.jpg
74KB, 400x387px
Guys, what if this movie is actually moving and beautiful?

What if Knight points the way to a better future for the Bayformers franchise, one that isn't dependent on mindless action and crass humor?
>>
>>90380941
Literally no one cares about fucking Bumblebee. How is he going to carry his own movie? Who the fuck will he fight?
>>
Transformers spin off movies. Michael Bay Transformers cinematic universe.

MCU was a mistake.
>>
>>90383517
How out of touch from the real world are you?
>>
>>90383443
A good Transformers movie could happen.

It is now actually possible.
>>
>>90380941
Does he speak English yet?
>>
>>90380941
his options were either this or a DC movie
>>
>>90383357
It's in the works, look up "Transformers One"
>>
File: Barricade.jpg (82KB, 652x645px) Image search: [Google]
Barricade.jpg
82KB, 652x645px
>>90383517

well they brought Barricade back for the new movie, potentially he could be the villain/rival/nemesis of the movie.
>>
>>90381002
>implying they need to
You do know they're funded by fucking Nike right?
>>
>>90380941
i hope he make 2 or 3 transformers puppets/figures to use instead of full CGI
>>
>>90382479
And they stole a Will Vinton Studios.

"In 2002, Vinton lost control of the studio he founded after Knight became the majority shareholder and Vinton failed to garner funds for further feature production in Los Angeles, eventually being dismissed from the studio. Vinton later sought damages for this and sued for ownership of his name. In 2005, the successor to Will Vinton Studios, Laika, was founded."
>>
does this mean LAIKA will stop making movies?
>>
I'm actually excited, wow.
>>
File: giphy (1).gif (569KB, 560x381px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (1).gif
569KB, 560x381px
>>90380941

No
>>
>>90380941
i like this design
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.