[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mage: The Hero Denied

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: ECCC_slide-1-600x338.jpg (33KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
ECCC_slide-1-600x338.jpg
33KB, 600x338px
>Way back when I was just an artistic puppy, I originally had some ideas about doing a story on the return of King Arthur…and then DC Comics announced they were going to do CAMELOT 3000. Oh well, screw that, I thought. Because, y’know, that Brian Bolland fella draws just a wee bit better than I do! But then the series came out and, while well-crafted and beautiful to look at…it just didn’t speak to me. It didn’t reflect my world. I didn’t know anyone in contemporary times who wore shiny, colorful armor and wielded swords. The crew I ran with were all young and a bit cynical, roaming the city in t-shirts and jeans, defiantly eager for anything life had to throw at us. And a few of us always had a handy baseball bat stashed under the front car seat…just in case. So I found that the most resonant way I could approach these mythic motifs was to personalize them. I had to tell the story of my own Hero’s Journey as filtered through my own experiences. And that ideal certainly continues in THE HERO DENIED.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03/02/bleeding-cool-talks-matt-wagner-mage-hero-denied-final-chapter-announced-image-comics-eccc-2017/
>>
Are you posting the other announcements?
>>
>As Wally Ut tells him, a weapon is only a tool and a true hero should be the master of many tools…the form is irrelevant. And, in losing the instrument that he saw as the symbolic definition of his heroic role, he also discovered a different way of looking at himself…a whole secondary mythic persona. Kevin learns that he is not only the Pendragon but that he also embodies aspects of the original Sumerian hero, Gilgamesh. He realizes that he not only held a limited view of his weapon and his power but also the possibilities of his own identity.
>>
Well I guess that this is good motivation for me to finally get around to reading the first two.
>>
>>90375002
Oh I am so fucking ready for this.
>>
>>90375002
So fucking excited for this.
>>
Fuck yes
>>
I never thought I would see the day....
>>
>>90375002
And the world is a better place.

Hat.
>>
neat
>>
>>90375002
So what is this and why should I be excited?
>>
>>90381184
I mean the OP quote is basically it. Modern day Camelot shit. First two volumes have been out for ages and he's finally finishing it now.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.