[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who would you help in this situation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: 2534723132.jpg (99KB, 575x397px) Image search: [Google]
2534723132.jpg
99KB, 575x397px
Who would you help in this situation?
>>
>>90372795
Is Lisa being bullied by a tard? Or is she having an episode over someone being better than her?
>>
The calm person.
>>
This episode was just sad. The whole nerd sweat thing was done because they so, so did not want to actually give Francine any character development or motivation.
>>
File: Cape feare 051_0001.jpg (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Cape feare 051_0001.jpg
35KB, 640x480px
>>90372795
I'd help Francine.
>>
>>90372795
Helping anyone other than Lisa is the logical choice.
>>
File: Bye_Bye_Nerdie_38.jpg (81KB, 720x528px) Image search: [Google]
Bye_Bye_Nerdie_38.jpg
81KB, 720x528px
>>90372869
Had some nice animation. The pot belly Lisa has in this episode is cute.
>>
>>90372849
You fucking casual. Know your classic Simpsons.
>>
>>90372869
1/10, one of the worst of Season 12.
The plot is stupid. That bullies are bullies because of chemical reasons makes no sense. The subplot with Maggie and Homer was boring. The only good joke in this episode was "Pi is exactly three!"
>>
>>90373035
don't know why it gets so many bad reviews...it's quite underrated, but like almost all season 12s, there is room for improvement. very original concept.
>>
>>90372869
The explanation of why the bullies are bullies spoiled it. It had a nice main idea, but it wasn't very well developed, IMO. The subplot was meh. In the good side, if I'm not mistaken, this one had awesome animation.
>>
>>90372951

>Season 12
>Classic Simpsons

Fuck off.
>>
Piece of crap. The whole nerd sweat theory is supergay.
>>
>>90373105
>>90372942
Yeah this was the first episode directed by Lauren MacMullan who did a superb job with the animation.
>>
Not bad, somehow entertaining and forgivable for all it's flaws.
>>
>>90373149
It would have worked on South Park, it did not fit the Simpsons at all.
>>
>>90372795
Seeing Lisa get her ass kicked is always refreshing since they don't exactly do it very often.
>>
>>90372795
>not just submitting
>>
>>90372795
If my animes have taught me anything, and they haven't, it's that the bully was just super gay for Lisa.
>>
Just watched this one while working my way through the Scully era... all I can say is dear lord...

How did such a horrendously written script and inane plot ever come to soil the good name of the Simpsons. Ok, I know the show had been in decline for a good while since season 8ish, but this plumbed new depths.

Ever since the ridiculous and utterly pointless chase to school between Marge and Otto I had a bad feeling about this episode.

The main plot was just stupid and I don't know what the writers were on when they came up with the idea of a bully repellent spray, or indeed bullies targeting nerds because of their odors?

The subplot wasn't so offensively bad, it just wasn't particularly entertaining and looked like it had been cobbled together in about 5 minutes to pad out the show.

Then there was the characterization. Why Lisa, or indeed anyone, would try to reach out again to the new kid after being smacked in the face by her is a bit of a mystery.

Homer's flashback to him being a bully doesn't sit well with me either. It just doesn't seem to fit in with previous flashbacks to him and Barney at school, where they seem to be more just tuned-out stoners.

It's just another example of Scully sacrificing decent characterization for a cheap laugh.

It's not like the humor made up for these flaws, either. The only jokes that even raised a smile were at the end with the scientists, but generally that whole scene was a bit of a mess.

Jokes like "Your baby daughter is DEAD!" are predictable and badly written. The bit with the saleswoman pretending to be a baby was so unfunny it was almost embarrassing to watch.
>>
>>90373149
>The whole nerd sweat theory is supergay
>>90373454
>it's that the bully was just super gay for Lisa

Hmm...
>>
>>90373535
It's pretty average.

I get kinda tired of those plot points where Lisa invents something magical. They do it in "Trilogy of Error" with Linguo and they do it here with the anti-nerd spray. Maybe it's overly nitpicky, but her being able to create an anti-nerd spray is a bit too far out there to believe. It would have made a bit more believable if it were Professor Frink who came up with the spray. The premise of the episode is kinda interesting, taking a closer look at the bully/nerd dynamic. It creates a cool mini-mystery as Lisa reviews the videotapes to figure it out. The whole concept of a "nerd smell" is a massive cheat and makes the episode gimmicky. It's not completely horrible, though.

Jokes were pretty good. Don't remember much, however.
>>
>>90372795
Lisa being beaten up by this girl did things to me.
>>
I actually really like this episode for the same reason that most people seem to dislike it: I thought the whole nerd-sweat thing, though far-fetched, was more original than a "Lisa reaches out to a bully and discovers that she has deep psychological problems which cause her to beat the crap out of the smart kids", feel-good sort of episode would have been.
>>
>>90373788
Probably the "psychological problems" thing was way more believable and easy to follow, despite not being original at all.

My main objection to the thing has to do with the nerd sweat thing being more fitting for South Park than the Simpsons, especially when it was a blatant excuse to get out of giving Francine any development as a character.
>>
If it helps, they said on the DVD commentary that the original draft script had Lisa snapping and throwing a punch at Francine, but she accidentally hits Principal Skinner and ends up in juvie. The nerd sweat thing seems like a rushed conclusion they did due to time constraints.
>>
>>90373895
I actually think this episode is good. Sure, Francine is unnecessary and underdeveloped and the plot doesn't make much sense, but I think it's very funny. I also like the subplot. 4/5

PS: I like that third act better than the one that was used. I think it would be a good twist and maybe add a darker tone to the episode.
>>
>>90373944
Mike Scully: Uh oh, it's making too much sense. We need to remind the audience that it's a cartoon!
>>
Writing-wise it's just ok, but Lauren MacMullan's animation direction is fantastic. Everything looks detailed and fluid, good use of camera angles and shadows, and Lisa's cutesy pot belly.
>>
>>90373944
Well the third act was used for "The Wandering Juvie" episode which was actually pretty good (I think that if they would of used it in the third act of this episode then it would have been REALLY rushed).
>>
>>90373535
>Homer's flashback to him being a bully doesn't sit well with me either. It just doesn't seem to fit in with previous flashbacks to him and Barney at school, where they seem to be more just tuned-out stoners.
It's a Clockwork Orange reference.
>>
that bully girl, was straight up a plot device, nothing more. i think describing her as one dimensional is too nice, she had no dimension, she just had no personality or anything to remember her by, except that she followed Lisa to beat her up, did she even say anything?
>>
Nerd sweat?! You have got to be kidding me. That woman pretending to be a baby makes me want to claw my eyes out. I guess science is probably how Lisa would react to being bullied... no, wait, she would probably be too emotionally traumatized for that. She is an 8 year old girl, after all. I don't care how smart she is, I don't see how she could have developed the maturity to deal with that situation how she does. There about a million ways the writers could have done "Lisa gets a bully" in a more compelling way. For example, Lisa becomes defeated and starts to dislike school; the place she loves turns into a place she is afraid of. But, no, they don't do anything interesting, they just give us some bizarre crap about nerd sweat.

2/10 episode.
>>
>>90374205
I gave this episode a 7/10. The nerd sweat thing didn't bother me as much as it did with many. >>90373535 pretty much explained why that isn't as crazy as it sounds. What bothered me was the lack of character development with Francine. She barely had any lines in that episode, which furthermore complicated her development.

Her character was very stale and it's really too bad, because if more had been put into her character, instead of that subplot with Homer, this episode would of turned out a lot better. Another thing I'd like to briefly address is Francine being hated on by fans for bullying Lisa. Francine gets criticized heavily, because she beat Lisa up many times, yet Bart has gotten the same, if not even worst treatment then Lisa had in this episode.

I don't see anyone criticizing the main bullies (Dolph, Jimbo, Kearney, and Nelson) for beating up, stealing, teasing, manipulating, and humiliating Bart in an episode. Now I understand it's a cartoon and it's suppose to be funny.

At the same time, you can't really say Francine is evil, especially when the main bullies have done the same or worst to Bart and other kids in past episodes. Not even just them, there are antagonists that have come after this episode that were just as worst as she was. That's all I have to say about this.
>>
The conflict between Lisa and Francine was really one-dimensional (especially the part with her locked in a cage), and the "nerd sweat" thing was too cartoony to fit the tone of the Simpsons.

If anything, these elements made this episode felt more like a Recess or Kids Next Door episode than a Simpsons one. Maybe if it were an episode of one of those shows, people wouldn't hate it as much.
>>
>>90372911
Read that in his voice.
>>
>>90374984
For all we know, it really was Kelsey Grammer who posted that.
>>
File: 1482286271287.jpg (30KB, 462x323px) Image search: [Google]
1482286271287.jpg
30KB, 462x323px
>>90372795
I really want a episode where Francine comes back and fucking wastes Lisa.
>>
>>90372795
Should've ended with the bully getting it sprayed on herself and falling among other bullies or something.
>>
>>90373123
Anything after Season 14 is Modern Simpsons
Season 10-13 was the transitional phase.
>>
I liked the joke about the Box guy beating up Nelso
>>
>>90380803
I disagree, I think seasons 9 and the first 3/4ths of season 10 are transitional phase

The last 1/4th of season 10 is where zombie Simpsons begins. Episodes like Monty Can't Buy Me love, Old man and the c student, and Make room for lisa were the point of no return.
>>
>>90373035
>The only good joke in this episode was "Pi is exactly three!"
agreed
>>
>>90372795
why choose when you can fuse
>>
>>90372795
She kinda needed the ass whooping anyway.
>>
Fist them both, use them as puppets and use them in a play where they agree to be friends.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.