[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Suspension of disbelief

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: S1E24_Queen_Moon_and_Star.png (858KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
S1E24_Queen_Moon_and_Star.png
858KB, 1366x768px
>It's a serious dramatic episode inside a comedy show.
>it's an unlikable secondary character trying to get redeemed
>It's show with a cast full of animal characters.
>It's a monster with a good heart story.

Can we talk about this?
>>
File: 1482056589905.png (128KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1482056589905.png
128KB, 500x500px
>>90369545
fine
fuck that most of the time
servicable
perfectly fine

what do you wanna talk about?
>>
I guarantee you have autism OP

>It's a monster with a good heart story.
This especially. What's wrong with stories like that?
>>
>>90369545
>>It's a serious dramatic episode inside a comedy show.
A good formula for a show is 90% comedy 10% serious. Why do you think everyone jumped on Adventure Time's dick back in the day?
>>
File: J U S T.jpg (198KB, 442x3520px) Image search: [Google]
J U S T.jpg
198KB, 442x3520px
>>90369545
>It's a "magical princess from another dimension has a magic wand that can do literally anything but she still manages to fuck things up for everyone thanks to her rebellious teen spirit and crippling autism" "but all the other characters actually call her out on her fuckups" show
There is literally nothing wrong with a comedic show taking itself seriously sometimes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ3BxpLEATA
>>
File: Hand Broken By a Spoon.png (885KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Hand Broken By a Spoon.png
885KB, 1366x768px
River, superhuaman River, got his hand broken by a spoon.
>>
This is what I love about domesticated animals. They're cute until they pull back their lips and bare their teeth at you. So convenient.
>>
>>90370061
Star is like 50% comedy, 40% teen angst/issues and 10% serious.
But if you aren't paying attention, you might miss the fact Star Butterfly is a horrible person.
>>
SHES A REBEL PRINCESS SHES THE BEST
SHES A BOLT OF LIGHTNING IN A HOT PINK DRESS
>>
>>90370102
>startriesnottopoopherpantsbutsfails.jpg
>>
>>90370061
>Why do you think everyone jumped on Adventure Time's dick back in the day?

Because it didn't turn out like their fanfiction.

Oh, also because they self-inserted as Finn, and they got butthurt when he didn't get the girl.
>>
>>90370638
I don't think you understood what "jumped on Adventure Time's dick" meant
>>
>>90370102
Did that cat just say "fucking"?
>>
>>90370102
What pisses me off the most about that episode is that we have seen Star hover shit around ALL THE FUCKING TIME. Hell, sometimes multiple things in a controlled task.
>>
>>90369545
Sure,
Janna is great
>>
>>90370846
she said notebook-containing
but i heard it the first time
>>
>>90370934
Well if she couldn't do it when asked, then it only proves Baby's point further doesn't it?

Also were those times before or after the wand got cleaved?
>>
File: beyond the impossible.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
beyond the impossible.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>90370934
The point is she never learned the technique to do things, she just does them. And she knows that she doesn't know how, because she solves everything with brute force and/or imagination. When she tries to do it with something as simple as moving an apple across the room in one piece, her nerves get to her and she either overkills it or makes it more complicated than it has to be. Even though she had no trouble magically constructing ships in a bottle in another episode, because she was very focused and calm in doing that.

She's basically a savant; her ability isn't the problem, what Glossaryck tries to teach her and Baby is testing her for is discipline and control.
>>
>>90369545
>It's a serious dramatic episode inside a comedy show.
once in a while can be quite good, overdoing it can fuck up a show...
>it's an unlikable secondary character trying to get redeemed
personally hate these episodes, usually its a character that did a ton of crap and then does one little good thing and sundelly becomes everybodys friend...
>It's show with a cast full of animal characters.
not a fan but can be done nicely...
It's a monster with a good heart story.
again, cliche but if done well its okay...

the one I really hate are
>evil dude do evil things, everybody hates evil dude...
>PSYCH! evil dude was actually good dude, and everybody he killed or hurt is just fine for "reasons", it usually has this retcon feeling...
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.