[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hypercrisis Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 10

File: hyper.png (1MB, 1338x4386px) Image search: [Google]
hyper.png
1MB, 1338x4386px
we didn't have a proper one in a long time so i'm making one now following the new developments in Jusitce League and Superman rebirth. what did you think of the legion and prime time coming back ? who is oz ? is the dc universe coming alive after all to fuck morrison ?
>>
File: map.jpg (454KB, 2200x1754px) Image search: [Google]
map.jpg
454KB, 2200x1754px
bumping with the map of the multiverse
>>
File: Hypercrisis_(1).jpg (139KB, 556x720px) Image search: [Google]
Hypercrisis_(1).jpg
139KB, 556x720px
>>
File: hurt.jpg (163KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
hurt.jpg
163KB, 800x600px
remember the time batman was orion and his dad was darkseid
>>
File: clown.jpg (144KB, 1932x716px) Image search: [Google]
clown.jpg
144KB, 1932x716px
>>90368313
also the time when meme magic was at its strongest and batman and joker manifested irl
>>
How Comedian's button crossed that multiversal barrier
> red on yellow button
>>
>>90369291
because the source aka the writers wanted this. question is when shit from dc is going to cross into our universe
>>
>>90368313
So that's the significance of Hurt looking like Thomas Wayne. That's cool.
>>
>>90368203
I wonder if I could get some help with this, in that it's the first I've heard of QEWEQ and my searches aren't giving me a whole lot to go on. Could someone give me a rundown?
>>
Redpill me on the concept of Hypercrisis.

As far as I know it's very specific coincidences between fiction and the real world.
>>
>>90369595
m8 idk anything about this, just the phases of the dcu resembling that of a baby. apparently you have to read seven soldiers if you want to know more
>>
>>90369736
Hypercrisis is the ultimate form of Death of the Author.

All forms of fiction, and even reality, are linked by narrative influence and memes (not the internet maymay kind).

Fans find these links and coincidences and a meta-narrative is formed. It's not about author intent, it's about the completely organic connections and theories the fans create and that are unintentionally mirrored in reality.

Morrison intentionally fills his works with literary allusion and symbolism, not as some 2DEEP4U shit, but to fuel the Hypercrisis. Fans make stories more meaningful than any author ever could on purpose, and that's his entire ideal.
>>
>>90369736
you could google it but as far as i know it originated from a planned event by morrison that was cancelled. elements of it found their way in final crisis. esentially it's coincidences and references in comics that indicate that everything is connected and that nothing ever ends. the connection between fiction and reality was a secondary angle, morrison tried to enforce it by using sigil magic. puting real symbols in comics to match up with reality and make the dc alive and real.

so essentially it's very complex meme magic.

now since i believe in meme magic, timeline hopping and bending and shit like i can see what morrison was trying to do but idk how feasible it is in the long term
>>
File: 1410479924697.jpg (278KB, 959x574px) Image search: [Google]
1410479924697.jpg
278KB, 959x574px
>>90369595
It's one of those ideas Morrison uses in several works.
>>
File: Hypercrisis flow chart.png (2MB, 1024x1412px) Image search: [Google]
Hypercrisis flow chart.png
2MB, 1024x1412px
>>90369736
Read this a few times until it sinks in.
>>
>>90370068
You could try to actually explain it instead of romanticizing to the point where whatever you wanted to say gets completely lost.

>>90370063
Dumb phone poster. Buzzwords without substance mean nothing.

>>90370145
Thank you.
>>
>>90370318
well ok but then >>90370063 is actually kinda right. that's essentially what it is. but who's to say it's not actually magic manifesting in reality. to you it may be a writing gimmick, to me it could be the dcu coming alive and to someone else it might mean nothing. the only thing that matters is how we perceive it since it's our own imagination that gives life to all forms of art.
>inb4 3deep5u
it's the objective way of looking at it, i personally just want multiversal adventures and for the real world to be more like the silver age and to start seeing the impossible becoming real ( think superpowers, inter-stellar travel being possible, various races of aliens visiting us ). it would be scary and shit but also exciting, and we would have our own heroes, upholders of good and the representation of virtue ( much like how superman is a paragon of heroism and hope, batman is justice etc. )
>>
File: trump.jpg (58KB, 564x451px) Image search: [Google]
trump.jpg
58KB, 564x451px
/pol/ memed trump into the white house, we can meme superman into reality
>>
Anyone trying to track the Hypercrisis needs to be keeping an eye on New Super-Man.
Shit's about to get meta as fuck.
>>
>>90371339
With our luck we'll meme the Homelander or Plutonian into reality
>>
File: Overman.jpg (534KB, 720x831px) Image search: [Google]
Overman.jpg
534KB, 720x831px
>>90371339

Actually, now that I think about it, I think we have been warned about trying this sort of thing.
>>
File: Batman - Very Sane Man.png (74KB, 1135x461px) Image search: [Google]
Batman - Very Sane Man.png
74KB, 1135x461px
>>90370063
>Fans make stories more meaningful than any author ever could on purpose, and that's his entire ideal.

This. It doesn't just apply to comics too. Think of Lord of the Rings fandom at it's roots: hippies turning Lord of the Rings into a great piece of anti-war propaganda. Or going back further Alexander the Great conquering Asia because he wanted to be a new Achilles.

Also, it's cynicism which hurts fandom and cynicism is anti-life. Because cynicism tells one that ideas aren't important, when ideas are what make us human and give our life meaning. Remove ideas and you might as well submit your will to Darkseid.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.