[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sabretooth thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: SchreiberTooth.jpg (15KB, 280x350px) Image search: [Google]
SchreiberTooth.jpg
15KB, 280x350px
Why did Stryker say that Sabretooth will not survive the adamantum process, when A)Victor always had better healing, B)Deadpool didn't have a healing factor to start with?

was it

>terrible writing
>a lie not to make the one guy you know is a crazy motherfucker and betrays his friends to become invincible

also Sabretooth thread
>>
You know he's playing a (possible) villain in the My Little Pony movie
>>
>>90362873

I might've actually considered seeing Logan if they got Schreiber back as Sabertooth. He was easily the best thing out of the Wolverine origin flick.
>>
>>90362873
I think it was a straight up lie.
>>
>>90362873
Did Victor have better healing?

With Deadpool, they gave him healing, along with eye beams and shit.
>>
So did Sabretooth just drown or something in X1?

>>90363013
Same, bub
>>
>arguably one of the best characters and performances of the series
>despite being in one of the worst movies of the series
>never gets a conclusion, is just inexplicably gone
>>
>>90362873
Perhaps Sabretooth's healing is only better because he doesn't have the adamantium skeleton. Or, maybe because his mutation works differently than logans.
>>
File: retarded.png (496KB, 455x700px) Image search: [Google]
retarded.png
496KB, 455x700px
>>90362873
>be 10 years old
>love Wolverine
>plan to go see Origins
>uncle is into comics but doesn't like Marvel so doesn't know much
>says something about Sabretooth being in it
>"idk who that is"
>"He's Wolverine's arch nemesis, has been his whole life I think."
>holy shit cool let's see this dude who Wolverine's been fighting forever the hype is real
>go see it
>confused as to why his weird brother whose power is long fingernails is such a threat
>confused about where said weird fingernails brother went
>confused as to who the Cyclops-powered weird mouthless guy is and why the fuck he's now the villain
>confused about why Gambit's such a fucking faggot with gayshit powers
>confused
>>
>>90363143
>So did Sabretooth just drown or something in X1?

I remember hearing Singer said that he survived and just fucked off. But that was way long ago.
>>
File: reece.jpg (27KB, 504x415px) Image search: [Google]
reece.jpg
27KB, 504x415px
>>90362873
>>
>>90364210
Exactly what I was thinking

>can't be ruined by X-Men Apocalypse if you're not in it
>>
>>90363013

Just got back from Logan, it was great.

>>90363143

He lands on a boat, he doesn't even hit the water in X1.
>>
>>90362873
You don't give a sub-machine gun to a shark
>>
>>90363740
>10 years old
>Origins
Are you old enough to be here?

>Cyclops-powered weird mouthless guy
shitty version of deadpool

the movie sucked
>>
>>90362873
>finger on forehead
That normie meme in facebook has ruined me
>>
>>90362873
Deadpool doesn't have adamantium, Victor has better healing because his immune system doesn't have to counteract the adamantium poisonong, if Logan and Creed were in their base forms Logan would have better healing, a ND even if Creed survived the adamantium bonding process he'd have a Logan (2017) style crippling poison death in a couple of years.
>>
>>90363102
>>90362873
His healing is immaterial.

At the risk of sounding like I'm defending this piece of shit movie, biologically speaking there might be a world of difference between them. For all we know, it's absolutely true that Sabretooth wouldn't survive - he might be very allergic to adamantium or something to do with the insertion process might be impossible with his body.

Think of mutants not as a species with broadly defined traits, but as what the term suggests - mutations from a baseline. Just because one of them develops a magical healing factor doesn't mean it's going to work the same way on a cellular level as the next guy to get one - it might be that one of them copes with the additional oxygen transport necessary to fuel that regeneration by bonding iron as we do, while another might bond oxygen to something else - or simply have some kind of neo-organ inside them that stores oxygen until it's needed.

They might not have either of those things. They might have anything at all. They're mutants, it's always been a bullshit handwave. There's nothing more bullshit about saying one of them can and one of them can't do something because of their bodies, it's even exactly bullshit, same as before.
>>
>>90367515
>Are you old enough to be here?
Not him, but but it came out in 2009, so it's a possibility.
Jesus Christ.
>>
>>90367515
The movie was literally called X-Men Origins

Do you also bitch when somepony says "Civil War" instead of Captain America: Civil War?
>>
>>90368277
>somepony
NIGGER WHAT ARE YOU DOING
>>
>>90368277
>somepony
>>
>>90362873
Stryker straight up lied. Sabretooth has been proven uncontrollable and they wanted a weapon they could ideally control. Yes, Sabretooth regenerative ability was significantly weaker than Wolverine's healing factor. Sabretooth, Victor Crees, got his ability stronger than Wolverine's through self-torture and punishment through will power. Wolverine becomes weaker through Adamantium poisioning and it doesn't effect Victor as much because he constant is teasting and pushing his abilities further. This is why they told him he wouldn't survive the process. Like somebody else said, "you don't give a submachine gun to a shark."
>>
>>90367573
Why use facebook
>>
>>90370867
I'm managing pages. It's also a good way to keep in touch with the few friends I have, and being updated with the local nerd scene (conventions and shit). That's about it though.
>>
There is some weird inconsistencies with that scene, namely, if victor cant survive the adamantum process then why did deadpool?

Remember that in the same movie he had an adamantum skeleton, and it took heated adamantum to decapitate him.

Second, assuming that Stryker gave Wade Logan's healing factor, which in tirn allowed hom to survive the process, then he could have done the same to Victor

So, best guess is that Stryker didn't want to further enhance his enforcer who clearly doesnt give a single shit to anyone aside from the one guy, he (stryker) unknowingly turned into an unstoppable weapon, logan with adamantum was already a big enough of a problem for him that he couldnt risk having 2 invincible feral people on the loose out to hunt him.

Sabretooth in the films really loses his cool factor when the actor playing wolverine is 6'3 tall, he literally loses any advantage he has on wolverine, while in the comics they are supposed to be evenly matched, with Sabretooth being much larger and stronger and having superior healing, while logan has adamantum and his foot long claws make up for the reach disadvantage, in the films logan's reach is far longer
>>
It was a lie,mstryker could have just given him adamantum tipped claws
>>
>>90370867
>Why use facebook

for the hoes
>>
File: Confused Wonder Woman.png (277KB, 264x454px) Image search: [Google]
Confused Wonder Woman.png
277KB, 264x454px
>>90368277
that's not what he meat, at all
>>
>>90372462
This, really
>>
>>90372667
Why does she look so fugged
>>
>>90363013
They were gonna have Sabretooth in the movie at one point.
>There was a moment when we were thinking about, as I recall, Jim [Mangold] had an idea where when they were on the run, and they go to the gambling town, there may have been at that point they were going to see [Sabertooth] for help. He was going to be there for help. Now that you mention it! I wouldn’t swear to it, but we thought that would have been an interesting thing to do. And then for whatever reason we didn’t do it

I am so sad there wont be a scene where Logan introduces Laura to Uncle Victor.
>>
>>90372667
>not what he meat
what did he meat by this
>>
>>90367515
>>90368277

>released April 2009

Yep. Was born in '98. Turned 11 later in the year.
>>
>>90378321

He could have been given the X-24 role if they didn't want him to be more sympathetic. He was already pretty taciturn and animalistic in X1.
>>
>>90362873
>He can't leave Team X if you kill his wife jpg
>>
>>90368277
You've overplayed your hand there, sunshine
>>
>>90362873

Bad writing
>>
>>90378321
Sounds kino
>>
>>90368559
...once told me the world was gonna roll me
>>
>>90382959
this and the shark analogy
>>
>>90362873
>people can't notice your mediocre acting if you're the best thing in the movie anyway
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.