[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disney Villains

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Judge_Frollo.jpg (146KB, 1920x1080px)
Judge_Frollo.jpg
146KB, 1920x1080px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doQB5d3Gggw&t=0s

Whatever happened to GOOD Disney villains? You know, the classic ones that really dominated every scene they were in, and inspired the perfect mix of humor, revulsion, and entertainment. NuDisney feels way more focused on its "lel ebic twists" than making interesting characters.

Furfags need not apply.
>>
>>90356284
Why was he so in love with god at the threat of eternal damnation?
>>
>>90356305
He's Catholic
>>
>>90356284
Nostalgia Critic AND Chick have done this?
>>
File: RealDougWalker.jpg (40KB, 600x685px) Image search: [Google]
RealDougWalker.jpg
40KB, 600x685px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiQNWp-fHwA&t=803s
Sorry Lindsay I won't let you promote here without linking my video too, this is my domain
>>
>>90356284
Whatever happened to youtubers not CONSTANTLY whinning about politics in every fucking video they make.
>>
Didn't she sleep with like half of nostalgia critic's friends?

>>90356403
She was whining about politics?
>>
>>90356410
I'm less than 3 minutes in and already counted 3 indirect mentions of politics.
>>
>>90356345
>>90356351

Apparently. I put out the Chick video because /co/ hates Doug more, and Lindsay makes a way more interesting point. Modern Disney films put more emphasis on character development and the interactions between them. As a result, the new villains always feel passable at best, more there so that the film can have an easy villain for the characters to beat up at the end.

The villain of Wall-E isn't the ship, it's humanity's lack of ambition to evolve or progress beyond the comforts of consumerism. The villain of UP isn't what's his explorer, it's the cynicism and bitterness that comes with age and loss. The villain of Zootopia isn't Reverse Sheeple, it's systematic inequality.

Repeat ad nauseum for every Disney and Pixar flick made in the past 10 years. You could argue that Dr. Faclier was a good villain, but he really didn't belong. He didn't have shit to do with the story, and was probably a big part of the reason why modern Disney doesn't do bombastic villains for the sake of it.

Syndrome was probably the last truly great Disney or Pixar villain.
>>
>>90356435
Anon if you're counting indirect mentions of politics, if you're stopping the video to rant about these vague allusions, you are indirectly supporting the culture that causes this to happen.
>>
>>90356284
The only good disney villain was mufasa and merlin
Everyone else was just an anti-hero
>>
>>90356524
>go around punching people in the face
>eventually somebody tries to punch you back
>"WOOOOOW YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT ME PUNCHING PEOPLE BUT THEN YOU GO AND DO THE SAME THING AND IF ANYTHING YOU'RE EVEN WORSE CAUSE YOUR'E A HYPOCRITE"

Fuck off.
>>
>>90356587
Nah he's right. Jumping at shadows makes you a dumb cunt that perpetuates the very shit you're crying into your vagina over. Quit being a triggered little bitch.
>>
>>90356587
>vaguely alluding to political events is equivalent to punches in the face
>>
>>90356642
I wonder if the average person will ever become intelligent enough to stop thinking they're making some kind of point by saying "wow those 2 events are totally different scales" in spite of the fact that the ENTIRE POINT of analogies is to illustrate the same logical principal of something in a different situation to make it easier to understand.

Actually I don't wonder. I know people will always be fucking morons and never understand analogies.
>>
>>90356284
You grew up, Anon.
>>
>>90356729
The analogy falls apart when the action is both not directly targeted at the other person, and also not significant in scale to warrant a response, nevermind an overreaction.

If you punch me, I'll probably want to punch you. If you push me, I might want to push you. If you say something that I don't like.... I'll probably ignore it and move on with my life rather than shitposting on the internet about it like a whiny cunt.
>>
I feel like Tamatoa did okay, although literally all he got was a song.
>>
>>90358067
He was an obstacle,not a villain. I heard Gigantic will have plenty of villains. So there's that.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.